IVF/ICSI Support Group

My suppose doc to do et was dr. Tan HH.. but last min call bck to do et n Dr. Tan nt around. So dr. Law do for me. I rem i forgot to take my information sticker with me n i ran bk to the locker to take n ran to the ot.. dr. Law saw n say take it slowly.. hahaa

My suppose doc to do et was dr. Tan HH.. but last min call bck to do et n Dr. Tan nt around. So dr. Law do for me. I rem i forgot to take my information sticker with me n i ran bk to the locker to take n ran to the ot.. dr. Law saw n say take it slowly.. hahaa

Ya, he's very funny. You in 2ww now? When's your BT?

Dear all, is been ages since im here..
a little history of myself married for 13 yrs and did once IVF in 2012 but end up in chemical pregnancy.
My complications: overwt, right blocked tube,low AMH, not ovulating and irregular menses etc.. My first IVF doc is Dr Sadhana but i tried to change to Doc Tah HH since i know alot of ladies here bfp under him so i change and see if i got better luck.

My IVF should be early june and im takeing Nor-E for 1 week to make the menses come and then need to take Nor-E on D2 prior to IVF for 21 days and once the next menses is here i should will start stimulating.
Will be in short protocol and using Gonal-F. Please bless me and if i have any cycling buddy with me?

As this is my second round and i have pass 2 years so need to do some revision on what we have to do or take during this period? Im taking TCM from Dr Zou but change to Dr CQM and taking DHEA since i cant yield much eggs the last round.

Dear all, is been ages since im here..
a little history of myself married for 13 yrs and did once IVF in 2012 but end up in chemical pregnancy.
My complications: overwt, right blocked tube,low AMH, not ovulating and irregular menses etc.. My first IVF doc is Dr Sadhana but i tried to change to Doc Tah HH since i know alot of ladies here bfp under him so i change and see if i got better luck.

My IVF should be early june and im takeing Nor-E for 1 week to make the menses come and then need to take Nor-E on D2 prior to IVF for 21 days and once the next menses is here i should will start stimulating.
Will be in short protocol and using Gonal-F. Please bless me and if i have any cycling buddy with me?

As this is my second round and i have pass 2 years so need to do some revision on what we have to do or take during this period? Im taking TCM from Dr Zou but change to Dr CQM and taking DHEA since i cant yield much eggs the last round.
Hi wonders how are you? Everyone here has a story behind them. All the best for your upcoming cycle with Dr Tan. May this be your bfp cycle. I did ivf last year and also forgot a lot of things. Need revision from sisters . Don't worry you are in good hands. Have faith build up your health and strike it this time.

My ER is this Thursday. I feel very bloated. Breathless when walking. Already preggo feeling. My day 3 transfer falls on Sunday. So don't know kk practice day 2 or 4. Today got white discharge. Hope am not ovulating. Can feel pain in ovaries....guess they are bursting to release eggs. Hope will have good quality and quantity this time. Trigger tonight. Anyone in two or ER phase sisters??

My ER is this Thursday. I feel very bloated. Breathless when walking. Already preggo feeling. My day 3 transfer falls on Sunday. So don't know kk practice day 2 or 4. Today got white discharge. Hope am not ovulating. Can feel pain in ovaries....guess they are bursting to release eggs. Hope will have good quality and quantity this time. Trigger tonight. Anyone in two or ER phase sisters??
Jiayou mesara! I think kk do day 2 transfer so likely u will be doing ET on sat. Hope u strike and carry your bundle of joy 9 mths later! ;)

Hi Ladies,

I have been a silent reader for a while now. I am wondering if anyone here has tried natural ivf? I understand that Prof Ng (from O&G) offers this option.

Ya, he's very funny. You in 2ww now? When's your BT?

This thurs is my BT. But i had somw pinkish brown stain.. very light 1 n i went to test hpt... show a slight blue line n a dark blue line. I send to my gynae in Thomson n she say it looks like i am bfp. So i am nt sure.. thurs see bt see how. This is my 2nd FET. 1st FET was done by my gynae but she has gone to Thomson.

This thurs is my BT. But i had somw pinkish brown stain.. very light 1 n i went to test hpt... show a slight blue line n a dark blue line. I send to my gynae in Thomson n she say it looks like i am bfp. So i am nt sure.. thurs see bt see how. This is my 2nd FET. 1st FET was done by my gynae but she has gone to Thomson.
Congrats...be hopeful positive. Fear not. Have faith. Pray. Seek early help if needed. Bed rest v important gal. Waiting for yr baby dust on Thursday gal.

Hi, can share wat do u during the 2ww? Hope to get ur baby dust..

Are you a subsidised or private patient? If you are a private patient, you will be seeing the same doc throughout (consultation, ER and ET) unless your doc is away. During stim, you will see the doc on duty such as Dr Veronique or Dr Jessie. But if subsidised, you will see the same few docs within the same team. Anyway he is also quite gentle. If my Dr is away, i always hope it's Dr Mathew covering. Lol

Whcih day of stim are you at now? When's your next scan?

I am a subsidized I think. Referred from polyclinic. Have only seen the IVF center female doctor 1/2x when they told me "ur eggs not big enough, take another antagonist" and "u potentially have OHSS, freeze all, next month then do ET". I really like Dr Lau too. One doctor to follow through makes me more sure he knows my conditions... Stim finished le and 4 eggs frozen. Just started period and will start thaw cycle this month. Next scan to prepare for ET is on 8th may. Stressed...

Hi , think it's normal to have more cm at this stage. All the best to yr ER on thurs!

I am a subsidized I think. Referred from polyclinic. Have only seen the IVF center female doctor 1/2x when they told me "ur eggs not big enough, take another antagonist" and "u potentially have OHSS, freeze all, next month then do ET". I really like Dr Lau too. One doctor to follow through makes me more sure he knows my conditions... Stim finished le and 4 eggs frozen. Just started period and will start thaw cycle this month. Next scan to prepare for ET is on 8th may. Stressed...

Hi, are you doing medicated or natural FET?

I've went thru 2 rounds of fresh, now undergoing natural FET, and i also feel stressed stepping into this unknown territory.

Hope that we will achieve positive outcomes despite the stress ;)

Hi wonders how are you? Everyone here has a story behind them. All the best for your upcoming cycle with Dr Tan. May this be your bfp cycle. I did ivf last year and also forgot a lot of things. Need revision from sisters . Don't worry you are in good hands. Have faith build up your health and strike it this time.
Hi mesara, thanks for the encouragement. U jiayou and hope to grab your babydusts soon!!

Sisters, any of you had experience with puregon + saizen in ur cycle?
Supposed to start on May cycle (AF due beginning of month) but had about 4 days of blood from below outside of normal menstrual cycle. Have to follow up with urogynae and get the go ahead first before proceeding. So i think unlikely to proceed with May cycle *sad * but was told by doc that I would start with puregon 400 + saizen.
Its our first fresh.
Thanks in advance

Sisters, any of you had experience with puregon + saizen in ur cycle?
Supposed to start on May cycle (AF due beginning of month) but had about 4 days of blood from below outside of normal menstrual cycle. Have to follow up with urogynae and get the go ahead first before proceeding. So i think unlikely to proceed with May cycle *sad * but was told by doc that I would start with puregon 400 + saizen.
Its our first fresh.
Thanks in advance
Hi queenie, I will be on puregon 300 + saizen. First time trying this.. My cycle all use different combi of medicine. Wonder if this will produce a miracle bb! Hope your bleeding is not big issue. When r u seeing doc for your bleeding problem? Maybe still in time to start in May?

Hi, all,
Just come in here to remind I have been in this journey once upon a time and proud to say I have moved on with 3 kids. To those in the journey now, preservere, I'm sure one day that special delivery will be at your door !
Just want to comment on what tsf0205 posted recently.

tsf0205,
Your 2nd cycle seems to be the best. Was it a long or short protocol ?
What did the Drs recommend you do for your endo ? If you have severe endo, should you do something about it first ? Unless Dr mentioned its ok to leave it.

Maybe you can consider which of the 2 Drs proposal closely matches to that of your 2nd cycle. Since you already have low egg reserve just aim for 1 or 2 quality eggs. All you need is that choosen one. Because of your problem, it is better to have in-between cycles sooner(if cost allows), so that you maximise your chances of hitting a good egg sooner. As with a natural cycle, not all month yield a good egg too. There is no gaurantee it will definitely work with either Dr. They are just facilitators, ultimately, all depends on your body, whether it allows the continual growth of the embryo. Go with what you are confortable with, especially, with all the extra medication.

Hi ladies,

I am really new in this journey and really anxious and worried. I just did my day 2 scan and the doctor only counted 3 antre follicles. I am 40 years old and obviously has low ovarian reserve. Not sure if I can even proceed with ivf given my low afc. Would appreciate advice from anyone here? Thanks

Hi ladies,

I am really new in this journey and really anxious and worried. I just did my day 2 scan and the doctor only counted 3 antre follicles. I am 40 years old and obviously has low ovarian reserve. Not sure if I can even proceed with ivf given my low afc. Would appreciate advice from anyone here? Thanks
Chocoholic afc not accurate. When stim more follies may appear. Be positive and worry not. What is the stim you are using?

Hi Mesara, thanks for your prompt reply.

i am on gonal f 450 (highest dosage already, i think) and menopur 75 ml.
My FSH:4.2 and E2 :69, don't know my amh yet.

Today is my third day on stim and I will be going in for a review tomorrow. I don't know what are the numbers the doctor is looking at but he mentioned that he is hoping for 10. Find it hard to believe that i can get from 3 to 10 just on stimulations. I may ask to convert to iui pending my review tomorrow.

Hi everyone. I am with KKH and I just started my 2nd fresh IVF cycle today. My first cycle failed and the whole experience left me quite scarred. We tried to conceive naturally but were still unsuccessful. After much deliberation, we decided to take the plunge again. To be honest, I'm terrified of the entire process. My first cycle left me feeling like an emotional and hormonal wreck, and I really hope the same thing does not happen again... Please share with me your experiences and coping mechanisms... Thank you...

Today is my third day on stim and I will be going in for a review tomorrow. I don't know what are the numbers the doctor is looking at but he mentioned that he is hoping for 10. Find it hard to believe that i can get from 3 to 10 just on stimulations. I may ask to convert to iui pending my review tomorrow.
It's only day 3 gal. Don't despair. Will have more follicles coming up. Kk only review on day. R u with other hospital. R u taking egg whites almonds and other proteins to help with follicles growth. Will they do e2 again tomorrow?

Hi everyone. I am with KKH and I just started my 2nd fresh IVF cycle today. My first cycle failed and the whole experience left me quite scarred. We tried to conceive naturally but were still unsuccessful. After much deliberation, we decided to take the plunge again. To be honest, I'm terrified of the entire process. My first cycle left me feeling like an emotional and hormonal wreck, and I really hope the same thing does not happen again... Please share with me your experiences and coping mechanisms... Thank you...
I took a year break after my ivf fresh 2. Bfp but miscarried followed by threatening infections which required hospitalization. Traumatised but again after a year am back to embark on 3rd fresh. Swear not easy at all. Prayers faith support from spouse and this forum keeps me going. Be hopeful gal. Will succeed in matter of time.

Mesara,

I admire and salute your perseverance. You will have your sweet reward eventually, just wait for that time to come. Just curious, why you re embarking on fresh? I am with Dr Roland Chieng and he mentioned that there is higher success rates for frozen transfer because our bodies are not loaded with all the stimulation drugs by then and hence more conducive for the embryo to attach.
Yep taking egg whites, immunocal, pre-natal vitamins and twice a week accupuncture. I don't know if all these will help or where this journey will lead to because this is my first ivf.

Jttj,

I am just embarking on my first ever ivf and i am already feeling jittery so i am totally with you on this. But in life no pain, no gain. Sorry not much experiences I can share here with you since this is my first ivf but we are all here for support.:)

Hi, are you doing medicated or natural FET?

I've went thru 2 rounds of fresh, now undergoing natural FET, and i also feel stressed stepping into this unknown territory.

Hope that we will achieve positive outcomes despite the stress ;)

Doctor gave me progynova. Gotta eat quite a few tablets. But I thought my period is very regular and ovulation is normal. Anyway will start to take that tmr onwards before my FET.
Sorry to ask. But 2 rounds of fresh both failed? Thought fresh chances are higher? It's my first ivf cycle (with 2 previously failed iui) so can barely catch up with the speed of info exchange in this forum... Sorry if I seem rude... I don't mean to be...

Doctor gave me progynova. Gotta eat quite a few tablets. But I thought my period is very regular and ovulation is normal. Anyway will start to take that tmr onwards before my FET.
Sorry to ask. But 2 rounds of fresh both failed? Thought fresh chances are higher? It's my first ivf cycle (with 2 previously failed iui) so can barely catch up with the speed of info exchange in this forum... Sorry if I seem rude... I don't mean to be...

No worries, not at all.

2 fresh failed. I think there's no certainty that fresh had higher chance, really depends on many factors. a school of thought believe frozen is better as the body is more free from meds and also lower risk of ohss.

is there any reason you didn't go through fresh and start with fet?

Hi everyone. It's been a long while since I drop by this thread. Not sure if anyone remember me. Had my boy via ivf 3 yrs ago, bfp for my frozen last yr but m/c my twins. Now gonna deliver my #2 soon who was conceived naturally with tcm help.

I'll like to bless Dydrogesterone tablets given by kkh for my frozen cycle. 60 tabs cost $102 and I've 16 tabs left. Expiry is 2018. Just feel it's a waste to throw away so if anyone needs, just pm me soon.
Baby dust to all going through this journey. Jiayou!!

Last edited:
No worries, not at all.

2 fresh failed. I think there's no certainty that fresh had higher chance, really depends on many factors. a school of thought believe frozen is better as the body is more free from meds and also lower risk of ohss.

I had 20 eggs extracted. Potential for OHSS which I did have even when no ET. So doctor froze my 4 good eggs and to do FET this month. Does everyone in KK on FET have to take the hormone pills? From the leaflet or piece of paper they passed to me at KK, seems like everyone on artificial thaw cycle has to take the hormone pills...

Mesara,

I admire and salute your perseverance. You will have your sweet reward eventually, just wait for that time to come. Just curious, why you re embarking on fresh? I am with Dr Roland Chieng and he mentioned that there is higher success rates for frozen transfer because our bodies are not loaded with all the stimulation drugs by then and hence more conducive for the embryo to attach.
Yep taking egg whites, immunocal, pre-natal vitamins and twice a week accupuncture. I don't know if all these will help or where this journey will lead to because this is my first ivf.

Jttj,

I am just embarking on my first ever ivf and i am already feeling jittery so i am totally with you on this. But in life no pain, no gain. Sorry not much experiences I can share here with you since this is my first ivf but we are all here for support.:)
Tho 16 eggs... only 2 survived last fresh and bfp.

Hi all, can anyone share the experience of endo scratch? Is it painful? Thanks!!!

Like Pap smear, a bit of cramp.
Bef i know it, Dr Tan said done. Not painful. I went back to work thereafter so tt can minimise my absence from work - save for actual fresh

Can get MC..

Cost slightly less than 200..

Anyone did ivf at TMC with Dr Loh? Pondering to approach KK or TMC? Cost wise is it the same? Need some advise badly. Thanks

No worries, not at all.

All the while i thought fresh has a higher chance of conceiving. For my past 2 fresh cycles, the sonagrapher always commented that i might have OHSS coz i had many follicles and my ovaries were swollen., And she always add on to say that if have OHSS and is well enough for ET, the change of conceiving is relatively high. My friend who had serious OHSS but was certified fit for ET also bfped in that cycle too. Hmm.... maybe it is just luck?

For those who have given me advises... Thank you... My husband and I decided to try with Dr Loh...

Bubbybear, 2nd cycle was a long cycle. Embarked it after I had a laproscopy to remove ovarian cyst... That resulted in my low Amh...

As much as I wan to keep trying, but the cost portion is quite an issue...

I had 20 eggs extracted. Potential for OHSS which I did have even when no ET. So doctor froze my 4 good eggs and to do FET this month. Does everyone in KK on FET have to take the hormone pills? From the leaflet or piece of paper they passed to me at KK, seems like everyone on artificial thaw cycle has to take the hormone pills...

I'm not taking any meds for my natural fet, but will be given progesterone a few days before ET and throughout 2ww.

I'm with kkh btw.

Should I start drinking h20 from today to prevent ohss...any other food to take after ER. Be for ER took 5 egg whites chicken essence almond nuts avacado and kiwi daily. Don't know if continue. The egg whites are the biggest challenge.

My opinion is even 3 follies and they growing well better do ivf. At least u know embryos have formed and waiting to implant. Iui totally unknown gal if got egg or fertilisation took place. We only need that one embryo so pray in the 3 you have that one.

Back