(2015/11) Nov 2015 Mummies

Hi all lovely MTBs!
I'm new to the forum and I'm expecting my #1 and going to be 12 weeks in 2 days time.
I have been quite lucky so far, so nauseous, no feeling of fatigue but just very bloated by evening and the usual constipation.

Recently had a switch in gynae from TMC to SGH (private) for my third visit because of convenience. And I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of SGH! I visited my new gynae 3 days ago expecting it to be a normal consultation but the doctor packed me off to do the NT scan & I had the results immediately and saw him twice on the same visit. I also had my blood drawn and all these are completed in 2 hours from the time i registered.

TGIF ladies!
hi hi
who's your gynae in SGH?

Hi Pinkyrose, my Gynae is Dr Tan Hak Koon..
ahhh he is a very calm and good doc.he is the head..so whenener he wants a blood test or scan or detailed scan, it CAN be done at that very minute.hehehe. the perks of seeing him. my #1 was delivered by him. too bad now im seeing doc at kkh coz i change job so kkh is nearer.

hmmm...porridge, fruits, fresh salad works & salty stuff works for me. But we shouldn't be depending on those aren't we ? I hardly can take meat or fish.
I would have to agree preserved food is not healthy. Did you bring your own food to work ?

Yes. Two alternate days i will cook and bring to work. The other days I will buy fried bee hoon at coffeeshop in the morning and bring to work. The nearest eatery is 15mins walk from my workplace. I don't like to walk out under the hot sun.
You have planning to cook from home for healthier food or same problem as me no eatery nearby?

ahhh he is a very calm and good doc.he is the head..so whenener he wants a blood test or scan or detailed scan, it CAN be done at that very minute.hehehe. the perks of seeing him. my #1 was delivered by him. too bad now im seeing doc at kkh coz i change job so kkh is nearer.
Oh, that's good to know! First time seeing him & felt quite comfortable with him. Thou I feel his on the cautious side. He advised against me exercising even thou I used to be active. Just say I should walk and climb stairs only.

hi all, i fainted at my blood test today. maybe cos they drew too much blood. normally its 1 vial but this time like 4 vials. loll first time faint. they carried me to bed and i felt better shortly.

Yea..reli looking forward to the long weekend and the end of first tri..hopefully 2nd tri will be better..

Im goin for my oscar scan on 8/may..

Im keen to join like water aerobic for pregnant lady...maybe can source :)

What a coincidence , I'm going for my harmony test, NT test & preeclampsia scan on 8 may too....
Abit worry & aso excited to be able to see baby again!

hi all, i fainted at my blood test today. maybe cos they drew too much blood. normally its 1 vial but this time like 4 vials. loll first time faint. they carried me to bed and i felt better shortly.
Are you feeling better now? Why do you need to draw so much blood? So far I heard one are 2 or 3 vials only. Which test are you doing?

Would you attend friend's toddler birthday party during pregnancy?

I was told to avoid all birthdays, baby showers, weddings n funerals etc. Personally i dunno abt all these pantang rules but my colls shared with me esp i had miscarriage last year so better to be caution this time. Its really up to individual.

Just did oscar scan today too! Measurements look good! Can see baby stretching and waving, thrilled!!

Congrats! I had my oscar n nt on last fri too... saw my baby kicking n waving n was so emotional... results are low risk but i still ask the dr izzit better to go for harmony jus to play safe... she said dun haf to... as there will b detailed scan on 20th week. I was hoping to go harmony initially but my gynae says oscar n nt scan good enuf... if result not ideal then go for harmony.

I was told to avoid all birthdays, baby showers, weddings n funerals etc. Personally i dunno abt all these pantang rules but my colls shared with me esp i had miscarriage last year so better to be caution this time. Its really up to individual.
Initially i didn't think much but yestd mum told me some children are "pantang" or petty with preggy women. Yestd carried my few months old niece and she cried non stop whole day after that. Dunno just coincidence or what then my mum asked me don't carry her anymore.
I have two friends toddlers turning 1 year old and I'm invited to attend their party.
Think I would turn them down. Just be on the safe side for everyone.

My fren told mento avoid baby shower wspecially..duno issit coincident or what lar.,she had miscarriage after attending and eating baby shower cake...so old ppl said avoid baby shower, funeral, birthdays.,but not sure about wedding though~i saw my preggy frens still attending weddings..

Hi, which gynae are you seeing?

hi everyone, I'm a 2nd time mum and now wif #2, edd 12 Nov after first visit to gynae. This Sat going back again for blood test with my hubby.. so shocked to know there are now more tests to do/ choose as compared to 3yrs ago.. I have a dragon boy.. this pregnancy is so much tiring than my 1st one.. and I have more worries too.. financially, phyiscally.. mental stress from family.. my boy now in full day childcare and I'm currently a FTWM, had requested company to shorten my working hours (wif pay cut of cos) so that I can reach home early to cook for my boy and hubby. Hubby is a regular and works shift, so some times it's only me and my boy eating dinner. my headache now is:

1) Freelance vs agency confinement nanny
With my elder son, my mil did confinement for me cos was presurred by mum and aunty I shld let her do it cos first grandson and I should rightfuly out of respect let her do it. So I did and we shifted into their house. I was 'suffering' ther for the whole month. Mayb cos its my first child, I also gan cheong, dun agree wif her way, but lucky still went thru it. Not sure isit bcos of the $ my hubby gav her (I didn't question much since he is paying), her cooking was just normal day to day dishes, only additional of like ginger kidney, liver. I only get to eat sesame chicken on my last day on confinement. And she still complain to my mum I eat very little and she very difficult to cook. for that whole month I tried almost everyday calling my mum while pumping milk in the room with my boy. And worse, my mil requested me not to lock the door while I was pumping cos in case she wans to come in! wth lor! come in for wat when she knows I'm pumping inside?! I feel this is an unreasonable request.

My fren who recently jus gave birth recommended an agency to me whom her fren intro to her too. I also have a freelance contact (quoted $2500 exclude red pkts) from another fren. Comparing the prices and services provided, agency ($3051, include levy, selection of specific confinement nanny, herbal package whereby they will cook a tonic daily ingredients included, exlcude red pkts) provides more services with about $550 more expensive. My heart is towards agency cos it seems to be a one-stop station and I dun need to worry if I dun like the confinement nanny I can't find replacement so immediate. Agency has this flexibility to allow change up to 2 times during the first 18 days. And this could be my last pregnancy so I tot I should pamper myself and take this last chance to build back my health.

2) IFC vs in-laws to look aft newborn after I return to work.
In-laws: My elder son was looked after by my in-laws till 18mths and he was sent to childcare, but we withdrew him after 2 months cos he coughed for weeks till become bronchitis. So sent him back to my in-laws while waiting for another vacancy. When he was with in-laws, we will visit him on weekdays 2-3 times not daily, as we can still manage our time. But with the newborn and my son in childcare, I need to cook and fetch him by 7pm (currently we fetching him ard 6.30-6.45pm), where got time to travel to AMK (we stay in SK) to visit baby and travel back to rest? and if my hubby work night shift, who's going to drive us there? And I don't wish to seperate baby with us on weekdays esp my elder son cos afraid they have little bonding time. But my sister said baby still so young won't know anyting de.. but wat about my 3yo son? Am I worrying too much?
IFC: High risk of falling sick often, but convenient for me as the IFC (same as the childcare as my son, and got priority to get in) is just 5mins walking distance.

Sorry for this lengthy post.. as I am still in first trimester, not alot of pple know I'm prenant, so I can only rant and get advices from here.

hi @lovers0206, its very up to individual. this is my second pregnancy too. no. 1 born in 2013.

1) is the private contact reliable? as in will not put aeroplane last minute, will not mess up your place, will help you take care baby, will encourage you to breastfeed and not say negative remarks to you? advantage you get from agency, you can say the nanny and if the nanny walk out on you, u can call the agency n hv a replacement.

2) I have no help to look after my elder one so I send him to IFC and at 2months old. he was sick every month but I did not pull him out because no vacancies available already and I love my job too much. so we leave him be (of coz see PD everytime he's sick) til he's about 5-6months old, immunity build up and he don't get sick often anymore. he's more sociable and hit all his milestones with the help of the IFC teachers. I believe that the teachers are well trained to teach n take care of my son. so I support IFC vs in-laws. of coz when u have no help at home, with hubs at work, it will be more taxing on you but u hv your children with you and I'm sure with 2 you can manage well. do note always attend to your elder one first so he wont feel neglected or over jealous that his sibling has become more impt than him. :)

hope my input helps. :)

Funeral definitely nono...I still will try avoid HDB downstair corridor those...
Baby shower and hugging baby I also avoid, scare bb petty and sad.
Only attend wedding after 1st trimester, confinement period cant attend.

I have a lot invitation at my 1st trimester and confinement period, all have to push away and all my friend are fully understand :)

I guess the freelance one is okay, otherwise my fren wont recommend. I've spoken to her once only and she requested a room to slp with bb, but I not sure does she mean I cannot share the room wif her. All the rest of the conditions I set for her and she requested are ok except for this one. cos I feel weird if she dun wan me to slp wif her and bb in the same room.

for the elder one, I've started to intro bb to him on the day I tested myself at home. and guess wat, the next day he went to sch to tell his teacher there is a bb in mummy's tummy! omg! haha...

@lovers0206 I heard from one of the mummy her sis gt recommendation from friend and come home tell her mom cannot tell the nanny off. end up the nanny mess up the whole place! but cannot tell her off. so just beware lar. we oso not sure why the sis friend recommend her such confinement nanny.

my cousin wife delivered in Jan 2 yrs ago, her CL oso recommended by friend n my cousin stay 3 storey kind of terrace house. the nanny came request to slp first floor with baby, the wife slp 2nd floor alone, she had c-sect and during confinement up n down stairs everyday which we will say no no loh but she don't listen. why the CL request slp first floor because she dun wan climb the stairs, say wait her knee pain when she old. we say she know the family got money so makan them lar. so its really really up to u.

for myself, my hub is my CL. I cater confinement food. :)

Magc I heard similar story from FB group recently about CL like that.... maybe same group? lol

Lovers0206, agency is safer in terms of hiring CL but also dependant on the person coordinating for you. So you may want to check out their services before you engage the agency.

As for caring of infant, since it is easier as in convenient for you to put baby in infant care compared to in laws then I rather put at IFC. Put at IFC you can tell the teachers your dislikes and likes, if in laws you cant lest they threatened not to help. Any more in cc children tend to easily fall sick too so it is the same regardless IFC or cc. As they grow up they will be stronger.

Perhaps you can discuss with hubby on what works?

Are you feeling better now? Why do you need to draw so much blood? So far I heard one are 2 or 3 vials only. Which test are you doing?
hi I'm fine now. Thanks:) i dunnoe all the medical names but got like STDs, rubella,hepatitis, fbe;varicella. next week is my 1st tri test. i gonna test for downs.

Finally get to hear the lil one heartbeat during last sat visit! Can't help feeling relieved that lil one is growing well inside since the last visit we only saw one black spot. Last sat visit we could see the head structure already and being so cosy inside. :)

Oh and Gynae mentioned that my edd will be on 22.11.2015. Wondering will LO share the same birthday as his elder brother on the 20.11!

Will be doing my Oscar on the 8th May at TMC.

Hi All,

Can i Chk how do we go abt searching for infant care?

I m gg for my Oscar and scan tom.... will we get the result immediately?....

Hi All,

Can i Chk how do we go abt searching for infant care?

I m gg for my Oscar and scan tom.... will we get the result immediately?....
The doc will tell u whether the measurements are ok on the spot but u gotta wait 7 days or so for the results of the blood test. :)

hi @lovers0206, its very up to individual. this is my second pregnancy too. no. 1 born in 2013.

1) is the private contact reliable? as in will not put aeroplane last minute, will not mess up your place, will help you take care baby, will encourage you to breastfeed and not say negative remarks to you? advantage you get from agency, you can say the nanny and if the nanny walk out on you, u can call the agency n hv a replacement.

2) I have no help to look after my elder one so I send him to IFC and at 2months old. he was sick every month but I did not pull him out because no vacancies available already and I love my job too much. so we leave him be (of coz see PD everytime he's sick) til he's about 5-6months old, immunity build up and he don't get sick often anymore. he's more sociable and hit all his milestones with the help of the IFC teachers. I believe that the teachers are well trained to teach n take care of my son. so I support IFC vs in-laws. of coz when u have no help at home, with hubs at work, it will be more taxing on you but u hv your children with you and I'm sure with 2 you can manage well. do note always attend to your elder one first so he wont feel neglected or over jealous that his sibling has become more impt than him. :)

hope my input helps. :)

Js my own experience for IFC as I sent my 1st child to IFC at 3 mths old and now she's a thriving happy 2 yr 8 mths old girl. I hv no regrets at all as the teachers truly cared for her and they follow standards. They gave me a better sense of security compared to maids or nanny (I hv no one else to help me). As for falling sick, I hv friends who don't send their bb to cc still can get sick like hfmd, chicken pox etc. It's part of growing up and building their immunity. My gal after 6 months in IFC very seldom get sick. I fed her supplements incl organic virgin coconut oil which I think is helpful.

Dr Tan is an experienced doc and his words is very assuring.I used to see him too but decided to change cos of the long waiting time. Are you under private suite?

Yes, i feel comfortable with him n its an added bonus to have a charming gynae i guess... haha... im under private suite. My appt is today noon. Actually i was struggling to go private with mount A or Thomson as my previous birth experience at kkh under another female gynae is horrible. But i decided to stick to him ultimately.

Hello mummies! I'm 11 weeks preggy now according to the app. Have yet to visit any doctor yet because I just came back from overseas. Any docs to recommend and what test are we gonna be going through by now? :)

Hello mummies! I'm 11 weeks preggy now according to the app. Have yet to visit any doctor yet because I just came back from overseas. Any docs to recommend and what test are we gonna be going through by now? :)

where are you staying? are you on budget? now should be Oscar scan and NT scan if im not wrong.

hi mummies, I just went for my oscar and PE test yest. Now waiting for the results before telling my colleagues and friends. Will you girls wait till the results then inform office or before?

hi hi

is he good?
im currently under TPS Dr TC Tan coz i duno who to choose.haha.
have no experience with KKH gynae. my #1 was born in SGH

Personally i feel he is good... but really depends on individual. I see some gd reviews on my previous kkh gynae which i didn't like too. But if u feel comfortable with ur current gynae, no point changing.

@lovers0206 I heard from one of the mummy her sis gt recommendation from friend and come home tell her mom cannot tell the nanny off. end up the nanny mess up the whole place! but cannot tell her off. so just beware lar. we oso not sure why the sis friend recommend her such confinement nanny.

my cousin wife delivered in Jan 2 yrs ago, her CL oso recommended by friend n my cousin stay 3 storey kind of terrace house. the nanny came request to slp first floor with baby, the wife slp 2nd floor alone, she had c-sect and during confinement up n down stairs everyday which we will say no no loh but she don't listen. why the CL request slp first floor because she dun wan climb the stairs, say wait her knee pain when she old. we say she know the family got money so makan them lar. so its really really up to u.

for myself, my hub is my CL. I cater confinement food. :)

I also thinking to cater confinement food but my hubby cannot take so long leave to stay at home leh.. it'll be good if this can work, can save so much $$..

Js my own experience for IFC as I sent my 1st child to IFC at 3 mths old and now she's a thriving happy 2 yr 8 mths old girl. I hv no regrets at all as the teachers truly cared for her and they follow standards. They gave me a better sense of security compared to maids or nanny (I hv no one else to help me). As for falling sick, I hv friends who don't send their bb to cc still can get sick like hfmd, chicken pox etc. It's part of growing up and building their immunity. My gal after 6 months in IFC very seldom get sick. I fed her supplements incl organic virgin coconut oil which I think is helpful.

Maybe I should go visit the IFC in my boy's sch one day.. always get to see a little bit if the door happens to be opened.. yah agree on the sense of security as they are governed by MOE, sure got certain standards. oh at 6mths can feed supplements liao ah?

hi mummies, I just went for my oscar and PE test yest. Now waiting for the results before telling my colleagues and friends. Will you girls wait till the results then inform office or before?

Planning to tell after Oscar scan, hopefully everything will turn out fine.. So worried and keep thinking about it.. But I have already informed my manager about my pregnancy and am sure she told a few management staff.. But hopefully they don't go gossip around until I officially announce it after my scan...

Did u get ur Oscar results immediately ?

Planning to tell after Oscar scan, hopefully everything will turn out fine.. So worried and keep thinking about it.. But I have already informed my manager about my pregnancy and am sure she told a few management staff.. But hopefully they don't go gossip around until I officially announce it after my scan...

Did u get ur Oscar results immediately ?

I just got my oscar results. Took the test yest morning. :) now can tell boss anytime.

I stay in Yishun/Khatib. Any docs to recommend? I'm not exactly on budget cause its #1 afterall. :)

there's Dr. Hii at Khatib Central, my first two appts with him then I change as I don't feel comfortable with him and find him expensive, however, there's another mummy here who signed package with him. You can just walk into Dr. Hii clinic and make appointment.

There's Dr. Chen Lin Han at Chong Pang, a friend recommended me to him and he's very popular, very crowded. he has two clinics, one in Chong Pang, second one at MT A, so give them a call before you make appointment.

I'm seeing and have signed package with Dr. Don Wong whose clinic is at Admiralty MRT station further up after Macdonald's. :)

I'll probably walk in to Dr Hii first and see how it turns out. Should i do my oscar with Dr Hii too? He has some packages as well right?

Back