Why threads suddenly disappear???

xuan_ting

Hi, please help to check, why my 7 threads in selling section all gone???

My last posting for these 7 threads should be around 19Apr15 7.50am under user name: xuan_ting

Thanks.

Yes, My threads too. Please explain. My preloved selling threads are also gone. Can I have them back?

Hi,

We were doing house-keeping over the weekend, removing threads that are not active for the past 3 weeks.

xuan_ting,
I think your last posting on 19 April may not be successful.

Hi my threads were active all the way. I usually repost them every 2 to 3 days. Now all of them are totally gone. Can you please do something about them pls? Tks

Hi,

We were doing house-keeping over the weekend, removing threads that are not active for the past 3 weeks.

xuan_ting,

Dear Bee Lee,

I remember that my 7 threads which last posted on 19April around 7.50am were all successfully posted. And, these 7 threads are active post cos I usually repost 1 to 2 times per day.

May I have my 7 threads back? Thanks.

Hi,

xuan_ting,

Hi Bee_lee

Is it possible to reinstate those threads? Think all of us had taken much time and effort to take photos, measurements and write down the descriptions. All these hard works are down the drain now...

Like what other members mentioned, it would be good if the forum can pre-amp us before deleting the threads. Moreover, correct me if I am wrong, there was no terms and conditions stating inactive thread for whatever period will be deleted... :(

Hi Administrators, I agree with the other mummies thoughts.
We had taken much effort to fill our post with pics and details and all came without any preampt, and they were gone with the wind.
Appreciate if you could do a one time reinstate so we can save up our previous threads data.

Hi,

xuan_ting,

Hi Bee_lee

I have just 1 WTS thread, it is definitely not inactive for past 3 weeks. I am so sure 'cause I posted on either 09 or 10 April, I received an order right after I posted. And when the member paid up on 14 April, I posted again either on 14 or 15 April.

I can understand the need of doing the housekeeping, however members need to be informed, if it is not in the rules or T&C. Now all the data are gone, this is devastating!

Please advise.

Last edited:
yes the deletion was not base on threads that were non active for past 3weeks.
All my threads I just bump up 7-10 days ago. all were deleted and all efforts gone down the drain.
Would be fair if you could give all of us a headstart of the housekeeping and the " new terms and conditions" on how SMH gauge as inactive threads for deletion.

Hi Chin Leng & Bee Lee

This is like a BOMB to us when suddenly all our threads did not show under our" content" page!
Can you pls reinstate back so we can also do our housekeeping by saving all our datas, in view that all of us did not know anything about your new T & C about deletion of inactive threads timeframe.

Dear Bee Lee,

My 7 threads repost time was 19Apr15 around 7.50am. If you retrieve the history page at selling section page 4, you can clearly saw that timing 4.14am (post by user name: kudsea) to 8.06am (post by user name: goldenpiggy_mummy). Timing between 4.15am to 8.05am, this time slot, the posts all gone. My post are between this timing, please look into it. Thanks.

Hi Chin Leng & Bee Lee

This is like a BOMB to us when suddenly all our threads did not show under our" content" page!
Can you pls reinstate back so we can also do our housekeeping by saving all our datas, in view that all of us did not know anything about your new T & C about deletion of inactive threads timeframe.

My last refresh date on all my threads was last friday (18/4) only. Be it under Free items/ WTB/WTS

Hi Administrators, I agree with the other mummies thoughts.
We had taken much effort to fill our post with pics and details and all came without any preampt, and they were gone with the wind.
Appreciate if you could do a one time reinstate so we can save up our previous threads data.

All my threads in SMH forum- last refresh date was on 13 April 2015.They were not even more than 1 week of inactiven since you had mentioned your housekeeping deletion on Sunday 19/4 was base on those 3weeks of inactiveness

Oh yes, what happen to all our threads?
Mine was refreshed on 13 April too!! Not that kind of inactive period of 3 weeks base on Bee Lee's reply.

yes the deletion was not base on threads that were non active for past 3weeks.
All my threads I just bump up 7-10 days ago. all were deleted and all efforts gone down the drain.
Would be fair if you could give all of us a headstart of the housekeeping and the " new terms and conditions" on how SMH gauge as inactive threads for deletion.

Yes and my threads were last refresh on 14 April 2015 too.

Please do assist to reinstate back.

Yes. Mine are lost too..can't remember what i wrote earlier in those threads..

Pls assist to reinstate. Thanks.

Yes!! Mine went missing also!!!
I have been selling items in SMH for the past few years and now,
3 years of good feedbacks GONE like that!!!
It is so unfair that we were not given any notice for it!!!
Is it even possible to get those threads back???

Mine too! No warning at all!
I have so many threads as I've got so many stuff to sell ... now the threads all gone and I have no back-up! :(
Pls reinstate ... many thanks!

My thread were bumped up last on 13 April only. Why did the WTS threads get deleted on 19 April since my last refreshed threads were just 6 days old only?

Will Administrators assist to reply our concerns here and give us the latest update please?

The "Want-To-Sell" section in the system was not stable on Sunday. We had to conduct an urgent maintenance and we deleted threads that had not been active for 3 weeks. From your feedback, the forum database may have been corrupted and it affected some threads and they can't be found. Unfortunately, we are not able to retrieve them.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The good news is that after the maintenance, the duplicated threads problem in "Want-to-sell" section has been solved. :)

Hi Admin,

Please can you let us know if you want to do mass clearing of the threads? There are lots of us who spent hours typing and collating the information in the threads. At least, we could make a copy of that before it's been deleted. This is really heart-wrenching. We need to work on our threads all over again.

Hi Admin,

Please can you let us know if you want to do mass clearing of the threads? There are lots of us who spent hours typing and collating the information in the threads. At least, we could make a copy of that before it's been deleted. This is really heart-wrenching. We need to work on our threads all over again.
Please refer to my earlier reply here: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/why-threads-suddenly-disappear.170705/#post-7926883

We had to perform an urgent maintenance as the system was having corruption. After we've applied the fix, the "Want-to-sell" section does not have duplicated threads problem any more. It wasn't a decision that we took lightly. Some of the threads that were gone may not have been deleted by us but it's missing due to the corruption of the database.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Hi Chin Leng, thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it.
Thanks for all your efforts over these many years.

Back