(2014/05) May 2014

Hi mummy, over the wkend 1 of my breast gt clog. After clearing the clogs,nw i cn onli pump half the amt i used to pump.Hw do i make it back?

Wanda, you can try eating the foods that increase milk, drink more fluids and keep latching or pump. My supply dropped too. Slowly it went back :)

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. Baby was born 2 months premature and now he is 5 weeks old. I'm a 1st time mom and my CL is leaving this weekend so am apprehensive about looking after my baby without her help:(

Like some of the mothers here , I face the challenge of low milk supply. Hoping it will increase to meet the demand of the baby. He was in NICU for 2 weeks and was used to tube and bottle feeding so he's not latching well. Any secrets on how to get him to latch ? The nurses taught me several methods it hold him while breast feeding but so far no success:(

djn, welcome.
my supply just barely made it too.
i can only tell u remember not to stress yourself. even though i have bm, i still supplement with fm.

1 good thing about fm is that bb sleeps longer :p
because we need rest to produce bm too.

Jay, thank you!

I'm supplementing with fm too...in fact he drinks more of fm than bm. He's a preemie so I really want him to have more bm but I guess the more worried I am the lesser bm I will produce. Hope to find support and advice through this forum:)

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. Baby was born 2 months premature and now he is 5 weeks old. I'm a 1st time mom and my CL is leaving this weekend so am apprehensive about looking after my baby without her help:(

Like some of the mothers here , I face the challenge of low milk supply. Hoping it will increase to meet the demand of the baby. He was in NICU for 2 weeks and was used to tube and bottle feeding so he's not latching well. Any secrets on how to get him to latch ? The nurses taught me several methods it hold him while breast feeding but so far no success:(

Hi, my baby was born on 30 week and he's 18 weeks now. He was on tube feeding and bottle feeding for about 2 months plus (in between his stay in hospital, he had nil by mouth for about a month) so he only started to learn latching when he's 3mths plus. I remembered he struggled for the first few times, couldn't latch well and long enough before he got tired and fell back to sleep. I latch him whenever I'm with him, no bottle will be given/provided. I was taught to hold my breast in "C" hold (thumb on top, fingers underneath) while my the other hand is supporting the back of his head and shoulder. It took him a few days to successfully latch well but took my breast about a week to adjust milk supply according to his need. I just latch him when he's hungry there are times he drink again after an hour or two, I don't latch on schedule but on demand. Now he's on latching 24/7, I no longer pump out. It take time but baby learns fast, just offer your breast to him when he's hungry and your breast will supply more once demand increases.

Hi twinkle star, hows your bb doing now..18 weeks already... so fast!

i guess i will persevere on for the sake of my bb... i wish my bb can learn how to latch soon like your bb!
i just tried again but failed... tryin to stay positive :(

my baby doesnt know how to latch. i turn to full ebm.
although it doesnt trigger bm production as well but my supply manage to increase as i pump.
i started out with pumping with intervals as close as possible for 1st 2 weeks. then now i pump 4 hourly which gives me time to do other things.

If you want to have bb to latch, just have to keep trying. Bb cannot be wailing and screaming when you're trying to latch him.. Try when he's in a good mood (in between feeds) just to let him have a feel of what latching is like.

I struggled with latching in the beginning cos my bb has really small mouth, though she's full term. I developed sore nipples and blisters, even peeling and bleeding. With much practice and determination my bb is on full bm now and latches a lot better.

How's everyone and the bb? Mine Turing 4 mths soon.. not drinking and sleeping much but growing so I'm ok with it.. took a few weeks more of work to spend time with the bb. Guess I'm going to miss him lots when I'm back to work

Hi twinkle star, hows your bb doing now..18 weeks already... so fast!

i guess i will persevere on for the sake of my bb... i wish my bb can learn how to latch soon like your bb!
i just tried again but failed... tryin to stay positive :(

Sorry for the super late reply, I didn't receive notification. My baby though can latch but he doesn't latch as well and as long as his korkors. He always need to unlatch after sucking a few times, usually last throughout the feeding and he doesn't drink very long also. Most of the time after around 3 mins, he will refuse to drink anymore so he doesn't gain weight easily. He has only gain 900g since he got home last month, PD asking us to supplement with special fm or add fortifier to my bm but I'm still considering about it.

Like clumsybabe mentioned, don't wait till he's too hungry or angry to try. Mine has very bad temper, once he gets angry nothing pacify him.

How's everyone and the bb? Mine Turing 4 mths soon.. not drinking and sleeping much but growing so I'm ok with it.. took a few weeks more of work to spend time with the bb. Guess I'm going to miss him lots when I'm back to work

Mine still sleeping most of the time but only if someone carry him, he cant sleep well during daytime and with 2 korkors shouting/playing/running about but lucky he can fall asleep on his own when in darkness.

mine so far still need a little rocking in the arms for him to start to feel drowsy. then will put him down by my side to let him doze off on his own. then i will place him in his cot. currently back to work and manage to get to pump twice everyday.

Hi all.. Most of our babies coming to 5 mths or already in their 5th mth. . Jus checking how much and how frequent ur babies are drinking? Have u started them on solid?

my baby doesnt know how to latch. i turn to full ebm.
although it doesnt trigger bm production as well but my supply manage to increase as i pump.
i started out with pumping with intervals as close as possible for 1st 2 weeks. then now i pump 4 hourly which gives me time to do other things.

Thanks not true leh... I had marvelous supply when i total ebm my #1. The thing is consistent pumping and pump till empty can increase ss. The thing is being persistent n consistent. Most pple end up lazy and start skipping pump in early days - of cos the ss will dip... ;)

Hi all.. Most of our babies coming to 5 mths or already in their 5th mth. . Jus checking how much and how frequent ur babies are drinking? Have u started them on solid?

Mine drinks abt 100 every 2hrly... Wjen i at work. I at home he latcg... I will start weaning at 5.5 mths or 6 mths max.

Same here. Mine drink 150 ml every 3 or 4 hr. And at night can upto 8 hrs.
Think 5.5 months will her try a bit semi solids. Now bb seem to be interest when I chew my food in front of her.

Mine still struggling to finish 120ml every 4 hours.. think he sick of fm alr but yet I'm still waiting for him to hit 5.5 mths before giving him cereal. .

Hi Ladies, very long nv come in, have been very busy. My bbs also 5mths+ alrdy, will wait till end of 5mths then give some solid, cereals or puree. I am also back to work bt still pumping like crazy, no choice I gt 2 to feed :( wanna to tong till at least 6 mths thn I will stop pumping at night. My bbs weight are ok, bt...sigh...thy are v small size, thy are only 5-10 percentile. Once a lady told me she thot they are only 3 months old, hear liao v upset. At tt moment, I really wan to quickly go hm feed them solid :p, hoping tt they will grow bigger. Bt endup I still tong.

Hi hi mommies,

Been a long while since I last came here ... wondering how's all mommies and their LOs doing? This thread seems quiet, have most of you moved to an FB group?

Thanks not true leh... I had marvelous supply when i total ebm my #1. The thing is consistent pumping and pump till empty can increase ss. The thing is being persistent n consistent. Most pple end up lazy and start skipping pump in early days - of cos the ss will dip... ;)

happy new year
i just read this.
huh? being lazy? i didnt mention about being lazy leh ;) i said increase as i pump leh

Hiz. . Jus checking how long of nap does ur LO take now? Mine not sleeping much.. at most only 1.5 hours throughout the day.. can wake up at 2 plus from his nap and last all the way till 8 pm. . Really terrible. Worried he lack of sleep :(

Mine sleeps abt 30mins - 1 hr for about 2-3 times in the afternoon and sleeps around 8.30-9pm..
but he still wakes up for night feed... does urs wakes up for night feed?

Mine sleeps abt 30mins - 1 hr for about 2-3 times in the afternoon and sleeps around 8.30-9pm..
but he still wakes up for night feed... does urs wakes up for night feed?

Yes mine will wake up for feed.. keeps fidgeting at night. So in order for me to rest I need to feed him. :/

Phew! at least I know I'm not the only one like this.. heheh!
I wonder what can be done to let him sleep through the night.. any suggestions?

Hello all!! Jus checking do mommies here prepare items for the baby to pick when they are 1 year old? If so can share Wat items there are? :)

Back