Trying for no 3 if you are 39?

antzs76

hi mummies...

Just wanna know if any try for no 3? I am contemplating if I should try for one more? I love kids...
Health not that good now... Pls advise... Thanks!

I will be 39 when I give birth to my 3rd one this year. We didnt try having one but more like a god's gift. It is so true that to bear child early cos even since I was pregnant, I feel so tired all the time. I have to request pregnancy vitamin earlier from the doctor as energy booster.

Main thing you hv to be physically ready and strong.
Then comes this: If your husband so loving and understanding with pregnancy means hormones can change and u r financially ready, then by all means go ahead.
Spouse plays a big role in making the journey of pregnancy happy and healthy.
IMO.

Main thing you hv to be physically ready and strong.
Then comes this: If your husband so loving and understanding with pregnancy means hormones can change and u r financially ready, then by all means go ahead.
Spouse plays a big role in making the journey of pregnancy happy and healthy.
IMO.
Agreed you need to be physically strong and mentally ready

I am 40 and just give birth to my #2 in dec last year

And trust me it is more tiring tAking care of infant at this age than when I had #1 4 years ago

I'm also 39 and trying for #3! Told myself this is the last year I'm trying. If still no luck then I'll give up. I aim to deliver before 40 so I've only few more months to try.

Happy_Mtb, You are so brave. How old are your elder 2? I realised pregnancy at age 39 is no joke , I am constantly feeling tired and out of breathe even at 1st trimester.

Happy_Mtb, You are so brave. How old are your elder 2? I realised pregnancy at age 39 is no joke , I am constantly feeling tired and out of breathe even at 1st trimester.
Hi hong, my elder 2 is 8 and 5 yo respectively. And I just tested positive yesterday!!! So in time to deliver before I turn 40! Yeah!

I'm also 39 and trying for #3! Told myself this is the last year I'm trying. If still no luck then I'll give up. I aim to deliver before 40 so I've only few more months to try.

Don't stress urself and ur partner too much .. A lot of R & R helps .
Good luck .. 好好做人。

Be positive .. Stay happy .. I had my girl (3rd child) late 30s .. She's now 17 .
Don't think too far.. How u feel today is most important . Stay happy .

Hi me also expecting 3rd this year after I turn 39.
Kind of worried about recovery and sleepless nights since no longer young.
My older boys are 4 and 6. When my mum knew about this, she said my life will be tough. :(

Do you feel alone? Coz me n hubby keeping low profile.
Becoz we think relative reactions will be different since it is no. 3.
I appreciate the coming blessing but so so worried and sad at the same time.

Hi me also expecting 3rd this year after I turn 39.
Kind of worried about recovery and sleepless nights since no longer young.
My older boys are 4 and 6. When my mum knew about this, she said my life will be tough. :(

Do you feel alone? Coz me n hubby keeping low profile.
Becoz we think relative reactions will be different since it is no. 3.
I appreciate the coming blessing but so so worried and sad at the same time.
Please don't feel sad or troubled .. U are having a baby .. It's a happy time .
That's a blessing , a lot of pp nowadays are having problems with ... Naturally !!

Don't worry too much what OTHERS thinks.. Most important is You ; ur hubby and children . This is ONLY ur 3rd child ..What makes u think others / relatives would find it DIFFICULT to accept .
My nephew just had their 5 th child last year .. All under 10 yrs of age .
They are very happy .. Mind you , they do not have a maid or live in parents to help out . They are fine and very happy . YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY ... !!!
If OTHERS can't not accept .. THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM.. Not yours .

And please feel blessed and happy about ur new baby . I'm sure ur hubby and ur 2 children are looking forward to their brother or sister / child .
Take care and be HAPPY !!

Fyi I'm a mother of 3 . I had wished for more kids but complications after my third .. Made the decision for me to stop at 3 .
It's your life .. Be happy , don't care what others thinks about ur family . I'm sure you'd do the best you can .. With whatever you have . God bless. !!

Last edited:
TripleL,
I agreed with LovesNewBorns. Please dun be affected by how others think, this is your life and family. I do keep low profiles because there are many check coming along and I just to ensure my baby passed all the test, not really making announcement because I didnt want friends to be worried about me. I only told my family, my close friends and if my colleagues asked I will admit.

Hi all, I've created a fb group for pregnant mom over 35. If you are interested to join, please write down you email . Thank you.

hi, glad to find this group. I am unexpectedly preggy with #3. yes I worry/wonder abt my age - how I am going to cope with preggy/labour/afterwards bringing baby up
Irene, please add me to the group. will pm

TripleL - I feel same way. my kids age 8 and 6. i been keeping quiet as well because I feel I need to have a plan how to tc kids before I announce it. first 2, my mum was able to take care of them but not anymore due to health.

thanks

Back