Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

U mean cannot do herbal scalp treatment while pregnant?
I just did at bee choo =_="

Hi! I'm currently 13weeks preggy.. and i have been doing bee choo all these while.. omg.
i did call beechoo and check if it is ok for preggies and they mentioned it is safe..
so far i've done 2wice.. :D

anyway.. hi mommies to be.. i've been a lurker all these while.. nice to meet y'all!
oh! n my edd is 4th nov.. *waves hello*

the annual premium is $360? did u buy extra riders?
This policy is a rider... u need an investment plan or endowment plan for it to tag along... the maternity plan i paid one-time payment $430 if i didn't remember wrongly. But its the investment plan that's the monthly commitment depending how much u want to cover. After baby is born u need to inform your agent then this investment policy will be switched to baby's name.

Hi! I'm currently 13weeks preggy.. and i have been doing bee choo all these while.. omg.
i did call beechoo and check if it is ok for preggies and they mentioned it is safe..
so far i've done 2wice.. :D

anyway.. hi mommies to be.. i've been a lurker all these while.. nice to meet y'all!
oh! n my edd is 4th nov.. *waves hello*
hi, good to hear that it is suitable for preggies. at least now there is a way to cover my white hairs.... (although it may turn up to be orange colour) :p

This policy is a rider... u need an investment plan or endowment plan for it to tag along... the maternity plan i paid one-time payment $430 if i didn't remember wrongly. But its the investment plan that's the monthly commitment depending how much u want to cover. After baby is born u need to inform your agent then this investment policy will be switched to baby's name.
i see...then i can't buy le as i dun have any insurance plan with them and i do not wish to take up more insurance..... :confused:

i see...then i can't buy le as i dun have any insurance plan with them and i do not wish to take up more insurance..... :confused:
i had the same thoughts initially but my agent told me can transfer to baby after baby is born... so i bought it... :)

Is there a reason for 5 and 5? Why not 7 and 7? Or 9 and 9? (Or whatever works that doesnt mess up your sleep??)
Yes, LOl... avoiding dinner hours and morning bowel times. Previously I did inserts at 10am but found that the frequent going to washroom, cause some of the inserts to leak out of system. So, is inserts still needed for Tri 2 onwards?

hi all-my hub has a high sperm dna defragmentation index of 32. i had 2 mcs in a row-one at 5 mths and one blighted ovum. now im also having blighted ovum. all conceived naturally. gynae told us to try until i get it right n suffer more mcs in trying or go for ivf with pgs overseas. anyone has a similar condition and has succeeded via ivf? looking for hope here. thanks much.

Yes, LOl... avoiding dinner hours and morning bowel times. Previously I did inserts at 10am but found that the frequent going to washroom, cause some of the inserts to leak out of system. So, is inserts still needed for Tri 2 onwards?
Aiyah! Hahaha Then just do morning before/after BM and then before/after dinner. No need excatly 12 hours - within 1 to 2 hours gap is OK. Don't forgo sleep because of that!! Important to have enoug h sleep

When baby is out, you can wake up at 5am as much as you like

Most doctors will stop after 1st tri.

Initially started with back pain & den had throbbing pain on lower right side of womb. But nurse said is ok... For now it's ok but if it comes back I'll go see doctor
oic...yup go ask ur doc next visit if u still feel unsure..

wow 5am too early! actually no hard fast rule..for me I make sure upon waking up drink a cup water and walk ard hse then go do business lol then shower and insert after..as long morning can already

wow 5am too early! actually no hard fast rule..for me I make sure upon waking up drink a cup water and walk ard hse then go do business lol then shower and insert after..as long morning can already

Next time bb out u will wish u want to slp later haha

Hi
I have below to let go, need to clear asap.
2 stick crinone gel exp nov 2016
1 box progynova plus 7 pills extra exp april 2016
3 strip of sangobion exp nov 2015
all to let go at $20

Pls pm me

hi all-my hub has a high sperm dna defragmentation index of 32. i had 2 mcs in a row-one at 5 mths and one blighted ovum. now im also having blighted ovum. all conceived naturally. gynae told us to try until i get it right n suffer more mcs in trying or go for ivf with pgs overseas. anyone has a similar condition and has succeeded via ivf? looking for hope here. thanks much.
I didnt do the DNA test but my hub's sperm quality etc is v bad. I had one MC before conceiving... I hope u have ur rainbow baby soon! :)

Aiyah! Hahaha Then just do morning before/after BM and then before/after dinner. No need excatly 12 hours - within 1 to 2 hours gap is OK. Don't forgo sleep because of that!! Important to have enoug h sleep

When baby is out, you can wake up at 5am as much as you like

Most doctors will stop after 1st tri.

That is true! Thank you for sharing.

looking forward for my first facial session after mthsss....i should ask the beautician not to massage me or head n shoulder area is fine?

Dear ladies, are you all taking sour plums to deal with the nauseating feeling? I was tempted to buy a pack but saw things like "sweeteners, liquorice..." in the ingredients and held back. Most of these are either from China and Taiwan, which I am apprehensive about food safety. Any alternatives to recommend?

looking forward for my first facial session after mthsss....i should ask the beautician not to massage me or head n shoulder area is fine?
Saw this from my search, "Yes you can have a neck and shoulder massage when you are pregnant. It is important that the therapist does not press down to hard into the levator scapulae muscle, as it can cause contractions. The levator is the muscle is on top of your shoulder mid way." Source: http://www.answers.com/Q/Can_you_have_a_neck_and_shoulder_massage_when_pregnant

Dear ladies, are you all taking sour plums to deal with the nauseating feeling? I was tempted to buy a pack but saw things like "sweeteners, liquorice..." in the ingredients and held back. Most of these are either from China and Taiwan, which I am apprehensive about food safety. Any alternatives to recommend?
You can try skittles sour in green packet form. It might work.

wondering is the egg mini washing machine good to use? worth investing ?

Did not do much research but I read that it doesn't spin.. So my mum decided it's not worth it Cux it prob means that it won't b v clean. And another comment is that u must cut the washing powder by at least half Cux when they take the nn clothes out they can still feel that it's covered wif washing powder

Did not do much research but I read that it doesn't spin.. So my mum decided it's not worth it Cux it prob means that it won't b v clean. And another comment is that u must cut the washing powder by at least half Cux when they take the nn clothes out they can still feel that it's covered wif washing powder
thks. think hand washing still better than......my another concern is that i do not think have extra pipe for connecting to water. the main one is used by washing machine le... :)

Last edited:
Dear ladies, as I am still early in my journey, I didn't tell anyone. Feeling so isolated since the time I started on IVF. Been declining friends who wanted to meet up, to catch up. Though my bump isn't obvious, but I am quite conscious about it. How are you all keeping engaged?

thks. think hand washing still better than......my another concern is that i do not think have extra pipe for connecting to water. the main one is used by washing machine le... :)

I think so too. But I m still looking ard for a smaller washing machine to wash bb clothes.. Till date, with my #1 being 3 yo, my mum still prefers to hand wash her clothes which I feel is very tedious for her. But we have since outsourced this function to my helper. But mum still thinks that helper sometimes don't wash as clean as her..

Even since I bfp, people in office can tell Cux I walk much slower.. And pple ask just luff it off, not replying to their question. I still meet with my friends. But when they realize that it's no alcohol/ sashimi days they guessed n will not ask till i announced it myself.. I believe close friends who know hat u r ttc will understand.. Give urself some breathing space. Happy mummy = happy baby..

Dont feel bad if you dont meet up for 1st tri with friends etc. After you announce when all is ready they will understand.

In the meanwhile, just keep happy and count down to end of 1st tri!!

Keep yourself occupied by checking out the baby stuff to buy ? Hehehee esp if it's your #1, you will discover a whole new world of shopping hahaha.

Have you joined the SMH MTB 2015 forum? Usually they are very active and eventually will hv a FB group that will see and support you through baby's first year plus as everyone will be going the same milestones together. Many wont join the FB group until pass 1st tri so lots of chatting on the forum groups usually.

U can keep it a secret if ur tummy is not so obvious haha I find it quite fun, bcoz I'm a plump size build n my tummy is not obvious n even I bump into my ex colleague she also can't tell I'm preg. N when my bb is out I announce in Facebook n a no of them are shock to know that I'm actually preg haha... So to me is quite fun actually lol... I hope my no 2 also can keep it that ways haha

I took a tiny bit..but not much I satisfied my cravings with lime juice/fresh lemon/lime slices

Dear ladies, as I am still early in my journey, I didn't tell anyone. Feeling so isolated since the time I started on IVF. Been declining friends who wanted to meet up, to catch up. Though my bump isn't obvious, but I am quite conscious about it. How are you all keeping engaged?

you are not alone..
i try to avoid subjects about catchng up with my friends or find excuses.. i.e work OT, family events.
Before you know it, it's 12 weeks.

dun worry too much.. :D

I stay at home lah...actually going out too often imho is not too good too..I rather stay away from smoke and pollution ..I spend time at home reading/surfing net and watching shows..

@Best Fertility Friend don't worry it feels like tht initially. I kept to myself in first tri too mainly Curz I was in & out of hospital. But family & close friends helped to alleviate the sadness. I still felt lonely because I couldn't openly ask about a lot of pregnancy matters as my family said tht ivf is different so they dunno how to explain to me.
But once u hit second tri, ur body is almost similar to natural pregnancies & u can relax a bit more so tht helps.
For me, my organization is huge with 100 over principals. So the last few meetings a lot of them saw the bump & started asking & talking. Can't hide liao, especially if working. Even in my centre, many parents asked me if I'm preggy when i was still in first tri. I just said yes Curz I was walking slowly & bump could see slightly.

The amazing part was when the children went around announcing to everyone tht im pregnant & they tried to guess the gender! Hahaha... Such cute 6 year olds (the majority are girls so they insisted im having a girl!!)

Anyone with kkh dr steven teo? He's moving to thomson medical centre in July. .. We r thinking if we should jump ship as well....
I'm 9 weeks only and it's my first pregnancy. ..

@Best Fertility Friend don't worry it feels like tht initially. I kept to myself in first tri too mainly Curz I was in & out of hospital. But family & close friends helped to alleviate the sadness. I still felt lonely because I couldn't openly ask about a lot of pregnancy matters as my family said tht ivf is different so they dunno how to explain to me.
But once u hit second tri, ur body is almost similar to natural pregnancies & u can relax a bit more so tht helps.
For me, my organization is huge with 100 over principals. So the last few meetings a lot of them saw the bump & started asking & talking. Can't hide liao, especially if working. Even in my centre, many parents asked me if I'm preggy when i was still in first tri. I just said yes Curz I was walking slowly & bump could see slightly.

The amazing part was when the children went around announcing to everyone tht im pregnant & they tried to guess the gender! Hahaha... Such cute 6 year olds (the majority are girls so they insisted im having a girl!!)
Kids are really so cute and sweet! Do they come up to u and say they want to rub ur belly?

I've this very sharp prolonged pain on the right for past one week. Gynae couldn't really pinpoint the exact cause till now after 3 visits. I'm surviving on Panadol now.

Any mommies here experienced fibroid degeneration or round ligament pain during pregnancy before? Cos these 2 seem to be most suspicious.

I stay at home lah...actually going out too often imho is not too good too..I rather stay away from smoke and pollution ..I spend time at home reading/surfing net and watching shows..
Exactly what I am thinking. That is true. Takes a whole lot of optimism. Perhaps, its time for me, to get organised with leisure activities at home. I have been too bogged down with cooking and forcing myself to eat.

Back