(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

My baby having constipation, he has not poo for 5 days :(
He is on full fm. Anyone can advise me what to do to help him to poo..
Thanks.

Maybe you want to bring him to the PD or polyclinic?? There is a method to simulate bowel movement, but better done by the healthcare professionals (eg. nurses etc).

If you were breastfeeding, then I would recommend that you drink a bit of prune juice and it will then pass through the breastmilk to him...

I feed when he cries... Now I dropped 1 feed at night and let him sleep through his feed times in the day if he doesn't wake up. I wait till he wake up then feed him...
Sometimes my girl can just skip her feed for hours and nv ask for milk. So I tend to give by the hr but I feel that she rejects at times prob cos not hungry enough? If I wait for her to cry sometimes can be like 4 to 5 hrs..her intake will be very low..

Is it true that use medicine to stop breast milk breast will become smaller?

Not sure, but my friend told me not to take the medicine... She didn't say way but she told me not to and her hubby 2nd that. I think breast smaller is bcos no longer providing milk, when breast have milk, it's fuller and engorged that's why the breast looks big.

Thanks.
Hello rain_toh mummy, maybe u can try to massage his bum bum...

Erm.. as in the 2 sides of flesh at the bum there...near anus side de... (hope my way of describe is not too vague) den also massage his Tummy in clockwise, circular motion....

Can do anytime, but if after feed, have to wait for at least 30mins-1hr...

This method my aunt teach me one. It works for my daughter.. so, hope it works for yr boy too... :)

Thanks.
i bought biogaia from watson. Quite effective. But quite ex for a small bottle. I paid $38 for it. Its probiotics, helps with their bowel movement.

i bought biogaia from watson. Quite effective. But quite ex for a small bottle. I paid $38 for it. Its probiotics, helps with their bowel movement.
I give biogaia too, but not sure if it helps with bowel movement, cuz PD only mentioned to me that it helps with digestion and prevents reflux. Anyway, thanks for the headsup on the pricing! I bought at Guardian and at my PD for $45...

We're referring to the 5ml baby drops right?

I give biogaia too, but not sure if it helps with bowel movement, cuz PD only mentioned to me that it helps with digestion and prevents reflux. Anyway, thanks for the headsup on the pricing! I bought at Guardian and at my PD for $45...

Does biogaia really help with reflux? I've stopped giving my girl her reflux med cos it's super bitter and she hates it. Thinking of an alternative to help her..she doesn't really throw up much now. Mostly just some milk spilling out of her mouth if she moves too much aft her feed..

Is it true that use medicine to stop breast milk breast will become smaller?

Actually take med to stop or stop naturally, ur breast will become smaller.. For my case, I went from B to D then drop to C but sag... :( my sis went from B to D then drop to B but look smaller than her pre preggy breast. haha both of us stop naturally.

Seems like it's normal then.. wondering if u all feed when bb cries or do u all go by time i.e. give milk every 2/3 hrs?
I feed when he cries

Usually 90-120ml every 2 hrs..

These few days it's 90ml-120ml every 1.5 hr

At night wakes for twice for feed 120ml each

Oh ya I realized that, once I put the milk bottle in her mouth, her both hands coming wanna touch the milk bottle then start moving around and sometimes the bottle comes out her mouth bcos of her touching... She wanna drink but the hands keep moving. I think it's part of their growth? But it's irritating... Cos have to wipe the milk dripping from her mouth and I have to hold her hands to prevent her from moving too much. I will keep talking to her and ask if she wanna hold the bottle is it? Then position her hands like she is holding the bottle.... But this last than 10 secs hahaha

yap, my gal also doing that now, she turn twist n turn when drinking milk.. faint! and also her hands come up to the bottle.. She did try to hold haha but nowadays she will know how to push away too!

Thanks.
Massage his back n tummy.

Then my hubby would like up both legs n help bb poo... coz constipation then the anus will be stuck too. By lifting leg up it helps them poo easier...

So he would try this once every hr or so...

Actually take med to stop or stop naturally, ur breast will become smaller.. For my case, I went from B to D then drop to C but sag... :( my sis went from B to D then drop to B but look smaller than her pre preggy breast. haha both of us stop naturally.
How to stop naturally?
Pump. Lesser?
But if I dun pump will block and have lump

How to stop naturally?
Pump. Lesser?
But if I dun pump will block and have lump

I am lucky (or unlucky in another way), I nvr experience engorgement so when I decide to stop just stop and its gone~ quite sad..

For my sis, she has a block duct problem, she took 1-2 months to stop, first reducing from 5 to 3 pumps everyday, then dropping to 2 then to 1 then every other day, every 3 days and continue to lengthen till she doesn't feel engorge and don't pump out. o ya, she say don't empty ur breast every time u pump

Last edited:
Thanks mummies for all the advises. My baby boy finally did his business this morning!
I brought him to GP yesterday, didn't take any medicine. The doctor told me to buy gerber brand apple juice to give baby drink. 10ml of apple juice mix with 10ml of water and it works.
:)
Huh? They can drink apple juice .. ?

Huh? They can drink apple juice .. ?
Maybe it's okay for medicinal purposes? Lol. I went to PD yesterday and she told me i can start rice cereal with my LO, but I prob won't start so soon, cuz milk is convenient... Will do the 6 months full breastfeeding then see how...

yap, my gal also doing that now, she turn twist n turn when drinking milk.. faint! and also her hands come up to the bottle.. She did try to hold haha but nowadays she will know how to push away too!
My mum keeps saying cos I ate crabs during pregnancy that's why now my girl forever cannot keep still when drinking milk :/

Morning mummies! On MC today, down with flu. My boy woke up yesterday with red patches on his cheeks, could it be eczema? I read that it could be caused by allergens such as peanuts and milk... well, i had a bag of peanut and llao llao yogurt (my god, the queue!) on Sun, wonder if its due to those. Haiz.

My PD says can start introducing solids at 5 mths... but i think we will prefer to exclusive bf for 1st 6 mths, so we will wait till we r back from our US trip in mid July, he will be 6.5 mths by then. Don't think we want to make any major changes to his diet before a long trip, in case he gets unwell there.

Put cereal in milk? Is it recommended? I thought 6 mths..
Morning mummies! On MC today, down with flu. My boy woke up yesterday with red patches on his cheeks, could it be eczema? I read that it could be caused by allergens such as peanuts and milk... well, i had a bag of peanut and llao llao yogurt (my god, the queue!) on Sun, wonder if its due to those. Haiz.

My PD says can start introducing solids at 5 mths... but i think we will prefer to exclusive bf for 1st 6 mths, so we will wait till we r back from our US trip in mid July, he will be 6.5 mths by then. Don't think we want to make any major changes to his diet before a long trip, in case he gets unwell there.

my MIL was saying she added cereal to my hubby milk at 2mo cuz he was a very hungry baby... not sure if she remembered clearly but this is what she told me

Only rice cereal is recommended before 6mo cuz it is easier to digest than other solid

Hi, was supposed to deliver in February, but baby chose to come out in jan, hence thought I should be in this chat.
Can someone add me on fb?

my MIL was saying she added cereal to my hubby milk at 2mo cuz he was a very hungry baby... not sure if she remembered clearly but this is what she told me

Only rice cereal is recommended before 6mo cuz it is easier to digest than other solid
My mil also said the same thing.. put cereal In milk or add rice water. So will feel fuller !?!??! I didn't follow coz I prefer them to drink n absorb as much nutrients from milk as possible ...

But i try feed cereal n not put in milk. ..

Any recommendations for cereal ?? My elder 2 kids started with nestle rice cereal but I heard it quite sweet ..

For my boy around 5 month I add a bit of cereal to his milk at night to keep him full thru out the night
Ehh I tot not recommended to put into milk as it might choke bb ??

I only add cereal into my kids milk after 1 yr old... I scared choke...

ya its the 5ml drops. I realised its very oily. In the midst of giving biogaia every other day, I also changed his formula from NAN HA to NAN pro. Then his bowel became every day le. So I guess the NAN HA is causing his constipation.

Can mummies who using freemies share pic on how u wear it to go out? I can't manage with the long tubings. The 2 backflow protectors are hanging at the end of my tshirt. So ugly. How to walk?

I have eczema since 17yo and is inherited... My mum has got serious eczema. Yesterday I found out my girl's face has got eczema. My husband was asking me can eczema pass through breast milk? Does anyone know?

Eczema can be inherited, nope it doesn't pass through breast milk, it's alr in his genetic code that he's prone to it or not..

Seems like it's normal then.. wondering if u all feed when bb cries or do u all go by time i.e. give milk every 2/3 hrs?
i give when she cries, but usually she is v punctual in her timing, evry 3hrs she will start crying for milk...as if there is an alarm clock in her stomach!

any formula feeding mums experience phlegm with their bb? im giving enfamil a+ now, her poop is ok n digesting well. didnt reli wana chg brand. but her phlegm is getting more. any advice how to reduce?

my bb is hvg heat rash now. her back, neck n head hv rashes all ovr. its quite itchy i guess, she keep turning her head vigorously to scratch it. my pd gv calamine lotion, nt sure if snall bb suitable to rake, although prescribe by doc. anyone put bb powder? my pd say not preferred, duno why...

Thanks mummies for all the advises. My baby boy finally did his business this morning!
I brought him to GP yesterday, didn't take any medicine. The doctor told me to buy gerber brand apple juice to give baby drink. 10ml of apple juice mix with 10ml of water and it works.
:)
did ur pd say it can be taken for how many mths old bb? im also wondering if bb can take, tot high sugar level? my bb also hvg poop prob sometimes...

Ehh I tot not recommended to put into milk as it might choke bb ??

I only add cereal into my kids milk after 1 yr old... I scared choke...
Must monitor and see if bb can take it ok .. Why choke .. They drink together with milk .. It is Abit only not alots that kind

my bb is hvg heat rash now. her back, neck n head hv rashes all ovr. its quite itchy i guess, she keep turning her head vigorously to scratch it. my pd gv calamine lotion, nt sure if snall bb suitable to rake, although prescribe by doc. anyone put bb powder? my pd say not preferred, duno why...
Cos powder is light bb will inhale it
It is good in long run but then didn't we used powder when young and we are just fine lolz .. Anyway they change theory every year

You can try talc free baby powder, but it's ex, so I didnt buy lol

given by pd shld b fine to use on bb.i wipe bb not only on evening,but also on hot afternoon when we r nt in air con rm.so tat he feel fresher n cooler.i guess maybe inhaling powder might cause respitory problems,so pd gave alternative solution instead.

For my boy around 5 month I add a bit of cereal to his milk at night to keep him full thru out the night

hmmm maybe i should ...cuz my LO always stir at around 3-4am... :S.. @PTB7674 can put Happy Bellies kind or specific brand? I wonder if the milk can flow out of the teat :p

hmmm maybe i should ...cuz my LO always stir at around 3-4am... :S.. @PTB7674 can put Happy Bellies kind or specific brand? I wonder if the milk can flow out of the teat :p
my gal also 3-4am sure wake up for milk

i use normal nestle for my boy lolz ... i dun remember having problem with the teat lolz ...

haiz i am back in office sianz

Back