How to stop thumb sucking

kimloh

Hi mummies

Any one has the experience of your kids still sucking thumb at 3 yr plus..
I am clueless how to stop my boy to stop sucking his thumb?

Any mummies has good experience of successfully stopping your kids to stop??

Many thanks in advance

My 4 yr old stopped sucking thumb at 2.5yrs, but picked up biting finger nails :(
By right they will wean off sucking thumbs. Does ur kid take pacifier or bcos stopped then started thumb sucking?

My 3yr old is still sucking thumb. I have to keep reminding her that if she want to go school she cannot suck thumb but it have been her habit even when she's in my tummy. She will suck when she got nothing to do.

There's this bitter taste 'nail polish' sold at pharmacies. I've tried that on my son when he bit his nails. Managed to stop his nail-biting habit.

@phy i aso jus heard from my aunt about this nail polish.. It did stop my cousin from biting for sometime(wen she was 4yrs old)... But she subsequently learnt to wash it off n kept biting. Now at 26yr old still biting! @kimloh can try to get like phy shared.. :)

Hi phy,

Do you mind sharing me the name of the 'nail polish' ? I need it very badly to stop my boy to suck his thumb almost whole day.. i am at a loss what to do.. He never like pacifier. . N now he always get stomach problems??

Appreciate very much

Ya you just need ask the staff for the bitter tasting nail polish for kids.

I've tasted it.. yes bitter.

The whole idea is to be consistent in applying & break the habit. Hope it works for you.

Do not know what's in the nail polish... but sounds like a lot of ingredients!!

What I did was using the Sabah Snake Grass. SUPER BITTER. smash or grind a few of them. can mix with water, dab on the fingers with a cotton. Dab over whatever that they put in the mouth. Thumbs, fingers, pacifiers, bolsters, toys, pens, etc... it work wonders. Natural summore... only 2 ingredients: Leaves and water!

Back