Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

I've been taking Yasmin for a year. So far, it's been ok for me. I'm just concerned about long term use of Yasmin. I'm 33 and am not sure if it's a good idea to be on the Pill all the way till menopause.

But then if I get off the Pill, the endo will probably worsen. Sigh!!!

You're 33 ?I am 34. Truth is I did ask the gynaecologist for how long I need to use they say long term or the endo and cyst will appear again unless I opt to have another baby.
I told her I already have 5 children ..to have Another need 100 times thinking.

May I know does ur weight gain or it stays same since using Yasmin? Coz I was told Yasmin could keep the user slim..

You're 33 ?I am 34. Truth is I did ask the gynaecologist for how long I need to use they say long term or the endo and cyst will appear again unless I opt to have another baby.

May I know does ur weight gain or it stays same since using Yasmin? Coz I was told Yasmin could keep the user slim..

Wow 5 kids! I have just one but not planning to have more.

Yasmin has been ok for me weight-wise. I've not gained or lost weight; my weight has remained the same. My friends who are on Yasmin have not experienced changes in their weight either.

By "long term", I suppose your gynae means all the way till menopause?

Wow 5 kids! I have just one but not planning to have more.

Yasmin has been ok for me weight-wise. I've not gained or lost weight; my weight has remained the same. My friends who are on Yasmin have not experienced changes in their weight either.

By "long term", I suppose your gynae means all the way till menopause?

Ya guess that what she meant.haissh.

Ya guess that what she meant.haissh.

I can't imagine being on the Pill for the next 20 years. I know long term use of the Pill decreases the risk of ovarian and endometrial cancer, but increases the risk of breast and cervical cancer. Don't think there's any other viable alternative for now though.

You can try Yasmin. So far, it's been ok for me and may be ok for you too.

I can't imagine being on the Pill for the next 20 years. I know long term use of the Pill decreases the risk of ovarian and endometrial cancer, but increases the risk of breast and cervical cancer. Don't think there's any other viable alternative for now though.

You can try Yasmin. So far, it's been ok for me and may be ok for you too.

Ya hopefully it will be ok. Anyway nice talking to you..what's ur name n where u stay?

hi.
i had a lap to remove endometriosis cysts on my right ovary last week.. i had took lucrin jab this week after dr said that my cyst was burrowed in my ovary and there is a high chance of recurrence. i m actually planning for a 2nd kid and so was thinking she shd encourage me to conceive than taking the prevention jab.. i heard from my friends that their sisters conceived shortly after lap to remove endo. confused if i am right to follow the dr advice.

anyone has conceive shortly after the lucrin jab which lasts for 3 mths??

hi.
i had a lap to remove endometriosis cysts on my right ovary last week.. i had took lucrin jab this week after dr said that my cyst was burrowed in my ovary and there is a high chance of recurrence. i m actually planning for a 2nd kid and so was thinking she shd encourage me to conceive than taking the prevention jab.. i heard from my friends that their sisters conceived shortly after lap to remove endo. confused if i am right to follow the dr advice.

anyone has conceive shortly after the lucrin jab which lasts for 3 mths??

Hi its true that after lap ..its encouraged to conceive immediately.. coz from what the doctor used to tell me.(when she ask me to consider conceiving immediately after lap) is that once they did the lap.our womb is clean ..like new..so chances of pregnancy is high but if we were to wait.chances of conceive is lesser and higher recurrence is there.

Hi all, I just did a lap to remove a fibroid which might grow back again according to my gynae. And also I have endometrisis... My Gynae said I have blocked tubes but the tubes might be unblock after surgery and I am on decapeptyl for the first month. Gynae mentioned I have to take this for 3 months, anyone any idea what is it?? All I know is it's suppose to help with fertility. If tubes are blocked, I will have to do IVF. But if tubes are not blocked after 3 months I can try naturally. Is it really very hard to conceive naturally for women with conditions like us? I heard easier to miscarriage too??

Hi ladies, I visited a TCM Dr Zou Yu Min, and they advised me to drink some powder mix daily and longan wolf berry tea daily. Is it ok to eat the wolf berry? As I read online if we eat too much of it, it will lead to production of estrogen, will this estrogen affect our condition of endo? I remember reading somewhere before that oestrogen will affect. Not sure about estrogen though...

Im seeing her too..mine is red dates n wolfberry..wats the difference btw?im only scared of the acu...haizzz..stimes when she poke in the needle esp there is a point at my leg tat hurts always..1x kena the point at my back..

Im seeing her too..mine is red dates n wolfberry..wats the difference btw?im only scared of the acu...haizzz..stimes when she poke in the needle esp there is a point at my leg tat hurts always..1x kena the point at my back..

Don't know leh. I think difference in longan only. The longan I only add in twice a week. How come need to acupuncture leg and back??? She advised me to do tummy. Do u go to her for this condition too?

Don't know leh. I think difference in longan only. The longan I only add in twice a week. How come need to acupuncture leg and back??? She advised me to do tummy. Do u go to her for this condition too?
Mine is 20 mins front..2 needles on each leg and 5 on tummy then back 6 needles for 20 mins.
For me she say my body is not warm enough..need to drink red dates& wolfberry tea everyday..wear slippers at home & no cold food/drinks

Also to add the herbs i get are not the same throught the cycle..Before ovu, after o n menses time..3 different types...

Mine is 20 mins front..2 needles on each leg and 5 on tummy then back 6 needles for 20 mins.
For me she say my body is not warm enough..need to drink red dates& wolfberry tea everyday..wear slippers at home & no cold food/drinks

Oh! She also told me to wear slippers but I didn't get a pair of home slippers cos I'm not used to wearing slippers at home. So far have been seeing her for 2 weeks only and the medicine tastes all the same leh. Lol. How long have you been seeing her already

Oh! She also told me to wear slippers but I didn't get a pair of home slippers cos I'm not used to wearing slippers at home. So far have been seeing her for 2 weeks only and the medicine tastes all the same leh. Lol. How long have you been seeing her already
Im seeing her since early march..

Has anyone tried castor oil packs before?? Read online that it's a natural remedy for endometriosis...

Hi ladies,

I'm going to have keyhole surgery to remove endometriosis cysts on my left ovary next week. May i know what food should i avoid after the surgery?
I've done the surgery 5 years back and almost all wounds got infections and took more than 3 weeks to recover :(

Hi ladies,

I'm going to have keyhole surgery to remove endometriosis cysts on my left ovary next week. May i know what food should i avoid after the surgery?
I've done the surgery 5 years back and almost all wounds got infections and took more than 3 weeks to recover :(

Avoid seafood most importantly. I ate fish soup for almost every meal after my op...

Try not to eat chicken cos nowadays the chicken they inject with hormones which may help in growth of the cysts. I try to eat only once a week, eggs I eat as per norm.
Ahh... I thought we cannot eat chicken wing only... In fact im a small eater and dont eat much meat but still dont understand y the cysts come back

Has anyone tried castor oil packs before?? Read online that it's a natural remedy for endometriosis...
saw it online too but did not try as not sure where to buy. only try on endo diet and take Chinese med.
Btw aren't you just done the lap?

Ahh... I thought we cannot eat chicken wing only... In fact im a small eater and dont eat much meat but still dont understand y the cysts come back

Cysts is more of a hormonal thing la. My gynae did say the amount of progesterone in our bodies is already higher than the food we eat so it's ok no need avoid food but I still try not to eat chicken lor....

saw it online too but did not try as not sure where to buy. only try on endo diet and take Chinese med.

Yes just done about 2 months back... Wah I cannot tahan endo diet. I only try to avoid chicken.

Anyone taking the fake menopause injections after lapo? Sigh... I'm reacting badly to the side effects.

So u do not have any problem conceiving while having endo? I went for lap for my ovary cyst because i have problem conceiving. But it come back a month after the lap. Sigh...i really not sure what to do now

So u do not have any problem conceiving while having endo? I went for lap for my ovary cyst because i have problem conceiving. But it come back a month after the lap. Sigh...i really not sure what to do now

Did the gynae put you on injection or pill after the lap to prevent the cyst from coming back??

Anyone taking the fake menopause injections after lapo? Sigh... I'm reacting badly to the side effects.

Hi there, I'm not sure if your injections are referring to Zoladex. What kind of bad side effects did you suffer from? I ended my 6 mth long jabs end March and suffered from hot flashes mostly.

Hi, this morning went to hospital for follow up after a week of lap+d&c. one of my wound get infection again!! :( sob sob
initially doctor did not want to give me med/injection as he ask me to try to get pregnant asap. But because my wound got infection i told him i might need longer time to recover, so he gave me Visanne for a month and ask me to try asap later.

anyone take Visanne before?

are u all open to Alternative with Essential Oils?
My fwen who had endo and went Surgery twice and before she was due for her 3rd one,
she just use the Eos i recommend her and on the day of surgery she was so happy that the Surgeon couldnt find her endo..
I believed the eos helps her in a way....

are u all open to Alternative with Essential Oils?
My fwen who had endo and went Surgery twice and before she was due for her 3rd one,
she just use the Eos i recommend her and on the day of surgery she was so happy that the Surgeon couldnt find her endo..
I believed the eos helps her in a way....

Sorry but I think it's a bit unbelievable. Don't get me wrong. I use EOs too. But I use it as a complementary product. Anyway, use EOs with care. My friend's sil lost her baby at around 30 weeks due to carelessness while using EO. Use it with care even if u r not preggy.

Hi there, I'm not sure if your injections are referring to Zoladex. What kind of bad side effects did you suffer from? I ended my 6 mth long jabs end March and suffered from hot flashes mostly.

Hihi... Mine is deca. Discussed with my doctor and she said if the effects are bad can stop at 3 months... Me also hot flashes, always perspiring a lot as well.... Zzz

Hi, this morning went to hospital for follow up after a week of lap+d&c. one of my wound get infection again!! :( sob sob
initially doctor did not want to give me med/injection as he ask me to try to get pregnant asap. But because my wound got infection i told him i might need longer time to recover, so he gave me Visanne for a month and ask me to try asap later.

anyone take Visanne before?

Nope I haven't taken Visanne before but considering to take after my injections to stimulate fake menopause. Have you asked your doc about the fake menopause injections? Usually after lap that's what gynaes recommend... A piece of advise, don't try for a baby just for your condition but have one because you wanna have ok...

Hi,
I have some testimonials of cysts shrinkage after adopting a wholesome plant food diet into daily life. My personal experience is that it helps with my girl eczema issue which we have been battling for years. Our immune system is our best doctors. Long term medication is very damaging to our body. it solves one issue or may not even solve and creates other issue...... PM me if you want to know more in case I missed out this thread.

Nope I haven't taken Visanne before but considering to take after my injections to stimulate fake menopause. Have you asked your doc about the fake menopause injections? Usually after lap that's what gynaes recommend... A piece of advise, don't try for a baby just for your condition but have one because you wanna have ok...

I plan to get pregnant since year ago. i even quit my job and go for holidays. However after few months no good news so i went to KKH fertility for check up and found out cyst is back. my condition get worst after some tests (HSG) in KKH. Have tried TCM for half years and even other gynaes but all doesnt help. So end up no choices but to go for lap again

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and looking for some recommendations for gynae who is good at keyhole surgery/laproscopy. I had been diagnosed with endo cyst for a few years, but recently the cyst has grown to 6 cm, plus some smaller ones and fibroids and I think its time to take out. I know there have been some recommendations in the other threads but not many and also mostly a few years ago. Interested to hear your experience with the gynae, their surgical skills and your recovery. I felt my gynae didn't really take me seriously so I would like to find a better one. Thanks everyone!

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and looking for some recommendations for gynae who is good at keyhole surgery/laproscopy. I had been diagnosed with endo cyst for a few years, but recently the cyst has grown to 6 cm, plus some smaller ones and fibroids and I think its time to take out. I know there have been some recommendations in the other threads but not many and also mostly a few years ago. Interested to hear your experience with the gynae, their surgical skills and your recovery. I felt my gynae didn't really take me seriously so I would like to find a better one. Thanks everyone!

Pm-ed you!

My gynae is Dr SF Loh. I first removed when he was in KKH. Second time when he moved to TMC where he is currently there. What did your gynae say bout your condition?

My gynae is Dr SF Loh. I first removed when he was in KKH. Second time when he moved to TMC where he is currently there. What did your gynae say bout your condition?
Hi Jinnous, thank you for your reply. SOrry to hear you had to do the operation twice. How did you find Dr Loh, his surgical skills, and could you share roughly how much it cost? The gynae I had at KKH didn't really say much or do anything to alleviate my concerns-- just that it is likely to be an endo cyst based on its characteristics. She did not really give me advice or suggestions to remove it/keep/observe. My mother advised me to go private as she said that public hospital doctors will avoid operating as much as possible (personally I don't agree with her, I just think I had a bad experience).

Hi Jinnous, thank you for your reply. SOrry to hear you had to do the operation twice. How did you find Dr Loh, his surgical skills, and could you share roughly how much it cost? The gynae I had at KKH didn't really say much or do anything to alleviate my concerns-- just that it is likely to be an endo cyst based on its characteristics. She did not really give me advice or suggestions to remove it/keep/observe. My mother advised me to go private as she said that public hospital doctors will avoid operating as much as possible (personally I don't agree with her, I just think I had a bad experience).

Hi sorry for the late reply. Hmmm... Dr Loh is very experienced but sometimes he may mumble and you may not understand what's he saying. But he's very patient if you have questions to ask him. I don't really remember the cost think about 7-8k I think in KKH and 10k in TMC. I opted to stay one night in TMC though.

His expertise is IVF. He was the head of IVF in KKH and now TMC. My first op detected a 5cm cyst, endometriosis and a partially blocked tube. Second op was due to endo again plus a fair bit of polyps. Both times were cuz I couldn't conceive and went to a good gynae to check. Prior to him I was actually seeing another gynae based in AMKHub. I won't mention names but I did commented bout this gynae before in this thread I think. The gynae led me on a merry chase without doing all these checks and after three months of jabs (for ovulation I forgot) without any success, wanted to send me directly to IVF. Never once talked bout IUI. Said my hb sperm cmi. I think they gynae is more interested in boosting the IVF rate for own clinic.

So getting a good gynae is very impt. Keyhole op has no stitches. Just a cut in the naval and two tiny cuts on two side of the tummy. They used some kind of glue to glue the wounds back. So now is just a darken mark there. His stitches for my csec was okay just a line across my bikini line.
In the end I managed to conceive naturally though I had already booked an IVF appt with him that week I discovered I was preggy.

Congrats on the baby!

One more question-- what are the waiting times like for Dr Loh in terms of appointment, and surgery scheduling? I read that his waiting time in KKH was really long, but is it better now that he is in private practice?

Hi sorry for the late reply. Hmmm... Dr Loh is very experienced but sometimes he may mumble and you may not understand what's he saying. But he's very patient if you have questions to ask him. I don't really remember the cost think about 7-8k I think in KKH and 10k in TMC. I opted to stay one night in TMC though.

His expertise is IVF. He was the head of IVF in KKH and now TMC. My first op detected a 5cm cyst, endometriosis and a partially blocked tube. Second op was due to endo again plus a fair bit of polyps. Both times were cuz I couldn't conceive and went to a good gynae to check. Prior to him I was actually seeing another gynae based in AMKHub. I won't mention names but I did commented bout this gynae before in this thread I think. The gynae led me on a merry chase without doing all these checks and after three months of jabs (for ovulation I forgot) without any success, wanted to send me directly to IVF. Never once talked bout IUI. Said my hb sperm cmi. I think they gynae is more interested in boosting the IVF rate for own clinic.

So getting a good gynae is very impt. Keyhole op has no stitches. Just a cut in the naval and two tiny cuts on two side of the tummy. They used some kind of glue to glue the wounds back. So now is just a darken mark there. His stitches for my csec was okay just a line across my bikini line.
In the end I managed to conceive naturally though I had already booked an IVF appt with him that week I discovered I was preggy.

Congrats on the baby!

One more question-- what are the waiting times like for Dr Loh in terms of appointment, and surgery scheduling? I read that his waiting time in KKH was really long, but is it better now that he is in private practice?

Yes his waiting line is super long. Now in PP, not too bad but still gotta wait. Surgery appt quite fast.

Hi all I have severe endo too and trying to conceive. I had a Lap in 2011 and the endo and fibroid is back. During my period I have lot of rectal pressure. Yesterday I did a scan And it was confirmed that I have a 3.5 cm cyst, and it presses against my rectum. I am currently on 1-month Lupron and will monitor in 1 months time to see if it shrinks the cyst and / fibroid and that will determine whether I can commence with my 4th natural ivf cycle. If the cyst shrinks to reasonable size, the doctor also suggested draining it during egg retrieval. Does anyone have similar treatment protocol like mine?

In Faith, I have a cyst also. Actually I've done 2 Laps before - 2000 and in 2009. But now I have this cyst about the same size as yours and also adenomyosis. I'm on long protocol IVF. I'm taking Lucrin and Dr mentioned that she'll try to remove the cyst during ER.

Jiayou! May our dreams come true. :)

Dear spin,

Thank you for sharing. Doc told me that ideally I should go for a lap but my first lap has harmed my ovarian reserve and my ovarian reserve is now very low. So another lap will compromise my reserve further. I am seeing tcm ( for few years now) and will also start taking serrapeptase, a form of enzyme. Hopefully I can see a reduction in the size of the cyst in my next visit to the doc.

Is this your first ivf?

Ooh yes, that's why my gynae doesn't want to do a lap too. Plus lap means need some time for recovery.
I'm not seeing TCM but I'm taking vitamins, supplements, avocado, chia seed etc.
I'm considering to take Coenzyme Q10 and brazil nuts too.

Yes, it's my first IVF. I've done IUI before but it was unsuccessful.

Back