(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

I'm also with doctor ho! What a coincident! good luck for the paranoma test! I went for that as well since it's more accurate. Contrary to what they said about 14 working days before you can know the result, I received a call from them within a week.

Oh that's fast. It's been more than 1.5 weeks since the test and I haven't received any calls from the clinic so I'm guessing either they haven't received the result or they have and are waiting for my appointment on Tuesday to let me know.

I don't usually see Dr Ho's name mentioned on the boards so this is really a coincidence haha.

Is this your first or second pregnancy ?:) I Realised that for my 2nd pregnancy , I started showing quite early . Think my tummy has more spare tire to expand now .. Hahah.. I'll be week 13 tmr. Already can't hide. Since 2 weeks ago, my colleagues already started asking . Since they asked me, I can't lie anyway , so jus acknowledge though I have no intention to tell so early due to past 2 miscarriages . So I don't intend to announce. If they ask , I'll acknowledge . Will let the growing tummy do the natural announcement . But workwise if anything is too strenuous , I'll have to say .

Hello bellebaby, this is my #2. Also partly bcoz I had a m/c last yr, so I wasn't too keen to announce so early lor. still scared u know...
I'm also 13wks today! so that means our edd is the same on 29 oct? I think I also started showing 2wks ago, but thot still can hide...lol

Hi sunkissprissie! I'm also with Dr HK Ho and my EDD is 28 Oct haha! Due to my age, he advised me to bypass Oscar so I took the Panorama test. Currently waiting for results. I guess we might be seeing each other at the clinic without even knowing heh. I'm also showing super early - last Sat, I went for a family gathering and all my aunties immediately said they think I'm expecting. :S

Hi bertrande & regeena83! I thot no one here is with Dr Ho..lol.
bertrande, our edd so close, maybe we will meet in the delivery suites area...haha
regeena83, when is ur edd?

Dr Ho gave me the option to choose btw oscar and panaroma, so we thot to take oscar first, if results failed, then go for panaroma lor. I also wanted to have more chances to see baby la.. :p
we haven't announce to our family members yet, waiting til next week, then announce.

I got this frequent urge to urinate since this morning but only little urine would come out. Could this be UTI? It's so hard to book an appointment at NUH, they wouldn't accommodate you if you don't have an appointment, have to go to emergency which would take forever. :( Maybe it's better to go to GP?

Hi sardonyx, I went to gp for my uti and told him I'm pregnant. He gave me some antibiotics and citravescent..

Hello bellebaby, this is my #2. Also partly bcoz I had a m/c last yr, so I wasn't too keen to announce so early lor. still scared u know...
I'm also 13wks today! so that means our edd is the same on 29 oct? I think I also started showing 2wks ago, but thot still can hide...lol
Ya, I can understand cos I feel the same way too .. Had 2 m/c b4 so I also feel scared if this pregnancy will turn out well.. So no courage to tell many pp. also no courage to look for CL very early .. Till last week urged by my Fren to quickly find one else most of them not available anymore . So by faith I started looking for one . Have u found your CL?

Ya, I can understand cos I feel the same way too .. Had 2 m/c b4 so I also feel scared if this pregnancy will turn out well.. So no courage to tell many pp. also no courage to look for CL very early .. Till last week urged by my Fren to quickly find one else most of them not available anymore . So by faith I started looking for one . Have u found your CL?

yup, I actually started looking for my CL the moment I know I'm preggie. Coz i was afraid I couldn't find any once I past 1st tri. And I actually called a few, and some where already taken.
I also did the same last yr, then when I m/c, I inform the CL that my pregnancy didn't go well lor. Of coz, the auntie keep going on & on if I did something wrong, which added on to my grief. So I didn't call her up this time.
Did you manage to book a CL?

Hi all, my edd is 5 nov but shd b having a October bb since my #1 also abt a wk earlier. Can I join the fb grp too? Will pm my email to theia. Thks.

yup, I actually started looking for my CL the moment I know I'm preggie. Coz i was afraid I couldn't find any once I past 1st tri. And I actually called a few, and some where already taken.
I also did the same last yr, then when I m/c, I inform the CL that my pregnancy didn't go well lor. Of coz, the auntie keep going on & on if I did something wrong, which added on to my grief. So I didn't call her up this time.
Did you manage to book a CL?
After calling up many CL , finally managed to book one but b4 and after my EDD , she has already been booked. So there might be chances that she might not be able to do the last few days for me. The beginning of my confinement no prob . Which is more crucial for me . Last few days should be Okie . I should feel better by then .cos most likely I'm gg for elective c-sect cos my #1 is emergency c-sect. So first 2 weeks crucial for me to recover .

After calling up many CL , finally managed to book one but b4 and after my EDD , she has already been booked. So there might be chances that she might not be able to do the last few days for me. The beginning of my confinement no prob . Which is more crucial for me . Last few days should be Okie . I should feel better by then .cos most likely I'm gg for elective c-sect cos my #1 is emergency c-sect. So first 2 weeks crucial for me to recover .

I see. I think it'll also be great if you have someone staying with u as well, at least can help to look after your #1 too. I didn't have a CL for my #1 so did everything by myself. tired max. So this time decided to engage a CL, hopefully will be good.

I see. I think it'll also be great if you have someone staying with u as well, at least can help to look after your #1 too. I didn't have a CL for my #1 so did everything by myself. tired max. So this time decided to engage a CL, hopefully will be good.
My #1 is in P1 this year. Yes My hubby will fetch him to sch at noon and fetch him back from sch in the evening . He is quite independent at this age so I think shouldn't be a prob. I also didn't have a CL for my #1.. Mil did confinement for me. But she left early at 3pm. So I was tired to the max too. Plus c-sect . So it was even worse. So this time I tell myself I must have a CL .

Hi bertrande & regeena83! I thot no one here is with Dr Ho..lol.
bertrande, our edd so close, maybe we will meet in the delivery suites area...haha
regeena83, when is ur edd?

Dr Ho gave me the option to choose btw oscar and panaroma, so we thot to take oscar first, if results failed, then go for panaroma lor. I also wanted to have more chances to see baby la.. :p
we haven't announce to our family members yet, waiting til next week, then announce.

my EDD is on 4th October. How about both of you?

Doctor ho also gave me two options but said paranoma is more accurate 99 percent compared to Oscar which was 92 percent. Plus paranoma can add on additional 300 and check for the baby's heart, any delayed speech and autism hence we went for it. Good luck!

I'm going to do another detailed scan next Saturday morning on the baby's organs. These tests make me so nervous.

Hi sardonyx, I went to gp for my uti and told him I'm pregnant. He gave me some antibiotics and citravescent..

Thanks yammidough. I also went to GP and I have a little bit of UTI. I only took the antibiotic and skipped the Famotidine which is for gastric problems as I felt that it's not necessary to be taking too many medications.

Been a silent reader until now, finally decided to join in. =)

My initial edd is 2nd Oct, and this is my #2. #1 and #2 shares very close edd dates by pure coincidence. Lol...

Is it normal for my edd date to be adjusted? coz my most recent scan 2 weeks back showed edd as 28 Sep. Thus nt too sure if I shd be joining the Oct or Sept group too..

My #1 is in P1 this year. Yes My hubby will fetch him to sch at noon and fetch him back from sch in the evening . He is quite independent at this age so I think shouldn't be a prob. I also didn't have a CL for my #1.. Mil did confinement for me. But she left early at 3pm. So I was tired to the max too. Plus c-sect . So it was even worse. So this time I tell myself I must have a CL .

oh! your #1 can help to care for #2 too! hehe... at least lesser worries about sibling rivarly. my #1 is 2 1/2yo.

my EDD is on 4th October. How about both of you?

Doctor ho also gave me two options but said paranoma is more accurate 99 percent compared to Oscar which was 92 percent. Plus paranoma can add on additional 300 and check for the baby's heart, any delayed speech and autism hence we went for it. Good luck!

I'm going to do another detailed scan next Saturday morning on the baby's organs. These tests make me so nervous.

bertrande's is 28 oct and mine's 29 oct. we are just 1 day apart...haha. detailed scan is not for 20wks? or r u gg to be 20wks soon? jiayou for your coming test!
btw how often are u seeing Dr Ho now? I am seeing him every 2 wks.

bertrande's is 28 oct and mine's 29 oct. we are just 1 day apart...haha. detailed scan is not for 20wks? or r u gg to be 20wks soon? jiayou for your coming test!

I'm also seeing him every two weeks. Wondering whether the time interval will be lengthened. Last pregnancy, I used to see him every four weeks right from the first trimester! Yah I also thought detailed scan is at 20 - 24 weeks.

I'm also seeing him every two weeks. Wondering whether the time interval will be lengthened. Last pregnancy, I used to see him every four weeks right from the first trimester! Yah I also thought detailed scan is at 20 - 24 weeks.
Same same. I'm also seeing him every two weeks. But he did say after the detailed scan, the visit will be reduced to once every month.

I think it's coz in my 1st trimester, I experienced spotting hence he just wanted to be cautious and hence the frequent visiting. Eh I'm now in my 17 week. Will keep you girls posted about my detailed scan! Are you girls still experiencing morning sickness? eh quick check also. Did you go for any waxing or facial? I feel so embarrassed as its so unkempt there.

Omg. You girls are likely going to see each other after delivery! So cool! Keep us posted about the gender.

Same same. I'm also seeing him every two weeks. But he did say after the detailed scan, the visit will be reduced to once every month.

I think it's coz in my 1st trimester, I experienced spotting hence he just wanted to be cautious and hence the frequent visiting. Eh I'm now in my 17 week. Will keep you girls posted about my detailed scan! Are you girls still experiencing morning sickness? eh quick check also. Did you go for any waxing or facial? I feel so embarrassed as its so unkempt there.

Yup, I still dry heave now but then I am only 13wks la. doesn't help that I am down with a bad case of flu now, which gives me very blocked nose and coughing fits. Dr Ho has put me on antibotics to clear the flu.
oh, I think I get what u meant by it being unkempt there. I think it's the hormones acting up, so growth is faster. I used to do ipl, so still bearable as of now. But I am thinking to wax nearer to delivery date, coz I don't want the nurse to shave. I've heard that our skin is more sensitive now, so might be more painful to wax. Facial I still go on monthly basis.

sorry ladies... too busy to appear for a long while... i can't read back all the posts so just gonna update abt my wife...

anyway my wife passed Harmoni test... confirmed baby girl also... so it's gonna be 2 girls for me and both aiming for MGS...

EDD adjusted to 6 oct...

Ever since I started on my iron pills, my stools are like a little harder than usual .. Sorry tmi . It is normal , right? Guess I need to continue to continue to drink more water and to eat more food with fibre .

Ever since I started on my iron pills, my stools are like a little harder than usual .. Sorry tmi . It is normal , right? Guess I need to continue to continue to drink more water and to eat more food with fibre .
How many wks r u in now? My doc only gave me folic acid and multi v as of current. Am 16 wks.

Ya drink more water or prune juice some may suggest. For me I dun hv constipation prob only harder stool at times. Otherwise I can go toilet 2-3 times a day and sometimes stools are loose. I hv sensitive stomach ya.

How many wks r u in now? My doc only gave me folic acid and multi v as of current. Am 16 wks.

Ya drink more water or prune juice some may suggest. For me I dun hv constipation prob only harder stool at times. Otherwise I can go toilet 2-3 times a day and sometimes stools are loose. I hv sensitive stomach ya.

I'm now 13 weeks+ now. Gyne gave me fish oil and multi-vit too. In this multi-vit, there is also folic acid and iron and other vitamins :) so I think the iron inside the multi-vit probably made my stool a bit harder. But it is only the initial part of the stool , after that the rest are fine (sorry ,TMI :D ) but I think more water and food rich in fibre should help a lot :)

Nurse warned me to take more veg and drink more water after I started on the multi vits given by gynae..

Halo mummies! Does anyone know if gyna medical fee can be claim as normal medical fee? Cuz we have a cap monthly and per visit. So I was thinking if I could claim it :)

Hello mummies, today i have some pain on my tummy. N just now i got a sharp pain for a while n i see some pink stain when u wipe. Do i need to go to hospital now? Or i can wait till tmr morning?

Hello mummies, today i have some pain on my tummy. N just now i got a sharp pain for a while n i see some pink stain when u wipe. Do i need to go to hospital now? Or i can wait till tmr morning?
Hi, jus saw your post. How are u now ? Did u see a Gyne this morning? Best to see Gyne for a peace of mind esp if u see pink spotting and has sharp pain . Jus to play safe.

Ya went to see doc this morning. After scan doc say Everything looks ok. But to play safe he give me one more hormone pill to support n monitor. Last night while night cant sleep cause 4am wake up I saw the pink stain getting more. But thank god now stop ald. On bed rest now.

Ya went to see doc this morning. After scan doc say Everything looks ok. But to play safe he give me one more hormone pill to support n monitor. Last night while night cant sleep cause 4am wake up I saw the pink stain getting more. But thank god now stop ald. On bed rest now.

Thank God the scan is Okie. I can understand when we see pink spotting , it can be worrying. When I saw a bit of pink stain when I wipe a few weeks ago, I also freak out. Try to bed rest and much as u can . Take care ! :)

Hi there. New to forum n new mummy to be. Just loitering around to see if i ve any good tips to get from this forum. My edd end oct or nov 1st so am in my wk 13 now :)

By the way, anybody took Dr Phua Soo Mear (Kovan) as their gynae? seems like nobody in this forum did.. I find him ok and ended up taking his antenatal package.
Hihi i was with him last pregnancy in aug but miscarriage. Den this pregnancy went to him but because i was spotting he didnt give me good assurance so i switched to another doc Dr Koh Cheng Huat. At least dr Koh once see me offer to inject me to stabilise my pregnancy. ;)

Hihi i was with him last pregnancy in aug but miscarriage. Den this pregnancy went to him but because i was spotting he didnt give me good assurance so i switched to another doc Dr Koh Cheng Huat. At least dr Koh once see me offer to inject me to stabilise my pregnancy.

hmm.. he's a man with few words, and won't say much unless I ask. I guess he is too experienced to panic? :confused:
now I'm not sure if I should continue with him.

when my regular gynae was away, i went to him first as i needed confirmation of the pregnancy to inform my thyroid doc and adjust my thyroid medication. firstly, he had a puzzled look on his face and said i didn't look like 6 weeks, only can see a sac and i looked like 5 weeks instead. i asked if abnormal, he said no. But kept asking me if i had been bleeding and to refrain from sex and that if i bleed, i have to see doc immediately. he then told me to come back in 2 weeks and if nothing more than sac, means unhealthy pregnancy.

he made me very worried and i really wanted to cry at that point. i also notice that his equipment are somewhat dated and not as high-tech as the one my gynae is using. And on my ultrasound pic, he had typed in the wrong patient name and info. :/ went home and did research, turns out its normal for 5-6 weeks to only detect a sac. i went back to my regular gynae 2 weeks later and told her abt my appt with Dr Phua. She also said it's normal to see sac at that stage and nothing to worry abt and that it depends on my cycle length. Needless to say, i never went back to Dr Phua.

oh no, he's that bad? my hub's colleagues (2 of their wives) took Dr Phua as their gynae and they told us that he is ok.. not someone who speaks a lot. For first time parents of course will be more kan chiong and wants a gynae who can take time to explain a lot of things. Now I'm not sure if I should continue with him... :(

oh no, he's that bad? my hub's colleagues (2 of their wives) took Dr Phua as their gynae and they told us that he is ok.. not someone who speaks a lot. For first time parents of course will be more kan chiong and wants a gynae who can take time to explain a lot of things. Now I'm not sure if I should continue with him... :(
i should say he speaks really little. my current gynae also speaks not too much but reassurance, as in, the words he use on me when there is fear is very important.. so i chose Dr Koh Cheng Huat instead. I have spotting in my current pregnancy at wk 6 when im with Dr Phua, but instead of reassuring me, he says "oh u m/c last aug before", then shake head, then say "nvm just take the hormone pills and bla bla bla"... By his gestures of shaking head, how would a first time mum who's kancheong and m/c before feel? its really up to you ...
to add on, i feel the skills by several gynae probably shld be on par given all has their own recommendations.. but the difference probably will lie in how they deliver their knowledge/ speech to you. :)

Hi october mummies,

Anyone can share opinion on
1) ifc... estimated rates and when to source, what to look out for, any deposits needed? Cos both my mil n mum is not keen to help makin my head big...
2) CL as in if necessary? though i know best to hire one for ample rest n guidance, i wish to save some $$ plus I'm fearful of not gettin a good one.. saw some of u all alrdy book the gd ones maybe. For me chores can be done by my mil; food prep by my mum; so only need for me will be recovery of my body plus taking care of bb. Day time i might ve the mothers for help but night time probably will be me alone.... not easy but any advice from anyone what i need to assess if i really need external help?
3) when n what things to start looking for or to buy for bb?

Brief intro: im into my week 14, edd 1 nov but apparently sometimes its 28 or 29 oct. Drew 6 tube blood for harmony test last week n the mani other tests, so am waiting for results. Passed my pre eclampsia test already. Had 2 m/c so far, 1 in 2011 due to neuro defect at wk 12; last in Aug 2014 a natural m/c at duno consider wk 8 or wk 6 since it didnt grow from the start... so this is my 3rd and so far most successful pregnancy. Already heard the heartbeat few times.

I think I must resume back to eating oatmeal every morning. When I eat it, I have no constipation. Past 2 days didn't eat it and this morning have a bit of constipation. Before I am pregnant , even if I don't eat oatmeal regularly , I have no problem with removing bowels. But now it seems if I don't load on fibre from natural food, I'll get it. Is constipation common when preggy?
Hi do u eat overnight oats or cooked oats? Used to overnight oats but nw dat preggy not sure if still can take cold oats which is soo convenient ;)

Hi do u eat overnight oats or cooked oats? Used to overnight oats but nw dat preggy not sure if still can take cold oats which is soo convenient ;)
Hi, I eat cooked warm oatmeal with milk:) I have been avoiding cold food and drinks ever since i TTC till now.. :)

And... anyone into exercising in 2nd trimester? Like aqua aerobics in sengkang area.... lookin for kakis :)
I dont mind! cos my hub always say im lazy. Lol. I stay just opposite the swimming complex! But first, i need to get a swimsuit for pregnant lady. Still dont know where to buy and what is good and cheap.

Hi wld like to join the fb grp but any idea if my fb friend will see me joining? Cos i havent reveal n waiting for my harmony result before revealing ;)

Hi linggal81, it's a private group, so your friends won't be able to see you joining. Unless they are in the group already :)

I dont mind! cos my hub always say im lazy. Lol. I stay just opposite the swimming complex! But first, i need to get a swimsuit for pregnant lady. Still dont know where to buy and what is good and cheap.

I bought a tankini in a much bigger size from taobao and am waiting for it to arrive to start swimming :) Can't wait to start exercising again haha.

Back