I don't know what to do

lingshan03

My husband just had chicken pox today. My lil one has just hit 6months old, she has yet fully vaccinated with pneumococcal and chicken pox. Will it be alright if she get infected at this age? Or should I quarantine her instead?

I understand that kids below one year old typically will not catch chickenpox as there's some natural immunity. That's why vaccination is usually encouraged when the child turns one.

@lingshan03

I'd suggest the following reading.
"If the baby's mother had chickenpox, or the chickenpox vaccine, then the infant is protected by maternal antibodies, which persist for several months." link to Parentsdotcom

"Chickenpox can be more dangerous and can cause complications in very young babies." link to babycentre

6mo child is not easy to take care of, let alone one with chickenpox. Hence personally, I'd opt for immediate quarantine, bearing in mind that there's already been 7-10 days of exposure prior to symptoms manifesting on the carrier.

Thank you so much for the advices!! Appreciated... We've done quarantine in seperating room, washing the bedsheets & housekeep to the my room (for my baby and I)... Hope can pull through...

Hope all goes well for u. If ur worried can call up hospital or ur PD to check any other measures that u can possibly take...

Thank u :) checked with pd. My lil seem to have little spots initially.. was told to keep breastfeeding her as I have the anti bodies for chicken pox. For the past 6 days, the spots on my baby's body seems fading.. That's all I can do for the moment. This week is crucial as the blisters on my hubby's body are drying up and peeling off!

Back