(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Just went for scan on monday. Is abt 6 weeks and can see the heartbeat. Though sac is safe in the womb but I having constant cramp and back ache and MS is throughout the day. I dun have all this during my first pregnancy

Hi mummies!

I'm joining in the group! Was tested positive a week ago and now I'm 5 weeks in. Morning sickness just started today, unfortunately. This is my second pregnancy. Hope to get to know you all better!

My number one has been very cranky and clingy since weeks back.. Anyone of u experience the same?

And when do you all intend to make the announcement of the pregnancy? I would like to wait three months but it's so hard to contain the excitement.

Have you all booked your confinement ladies already?

Hello all
Gonna be first time mom here. EDD is 3rd Dec. Been coping with the first trimester "morning sickness". Thank God for the right timing for me to be a mom. I just finished my new house renovation. Probably moving in early June. Honestly, still feeling scared though with e pregnancy journey.

Hello all
Gonna be first time mom here. EDD is 3rd Dec. Been coping with the first trimester "morning sickness". Thank God for the right timing for me to be a mom. I just finished my new house renovation. Probably moving in early June. Honestly, still feeling scared though with e pregnancy journey.
Don't be scared! We will all be here to help one another.
This is my second pregnancy, I'm really excited but at times I forget I am pregnant lol, especially when I'm busy with my no. 1

Ya we are here to share and support each other.
How is everyone ? I'm tired and keep wait up at 4 or 5 pm then can't sleep .

Sometimes think of take leave to rest at home .

Ya we are here to share and support each other.
How is everyone ? I'm tired and keep wait up at 4 or 5 pm then can't sleep .

Sometimes think of take leave to rest at home .

How Come you will wake up at that time (I guess u meant 4 or 5am instead of pm :p)? So far I'm still sleeping well. I even slept in the day cos my head was spinning from morning. After the nap I felt better.. I really dread the morning sickness :(

What is her charges like?

Consultation : $100
V Scan : $70
Sterility Fees : $3.50
Urine Test (For protein & diabetic) : $10

This is the breakdown of my 1st visit to her at 6 weeks.

She was my Gynae for No. 01. All vitamins and meds are excluded from package (which we can only sign up much later). Every visit she will pass me the ultrasound printouts (2D).

Blood tests, Oscar etc are all down at Thomson's lab and these cost paid directly to the lab.

I'm going for my 2nd appt this Sat. Will try ask about the package prices cos I already forgot about the package prices for my no. 01..

Just to share..

ImageUploadedByForum1429712025.255918.jpg

downloaded this from Thomson website.

Mummies can sign up for 1st born / Subsequent born inventive member to enjoy discounts too.

No m/s so far.. But my tummy is exceptionally bloated and felt like it is full of gas.. Uncomfortable and I feel fat. Having acne problems too.. Is it normal?

Hi ladies

Went for my first gynae check up ytd. As calculated my EDD remains 7th Dec. Bb measures 11.3mm at 7 weeks 2 days. I heard bb's heartbeat. Unbelievable. My son was super excited.

I will be 35yo when i deliver so 35 yo is categorised high risk. Opted for Harmony test next month. Told my gynae i skip Oscar.

Have a good day. ☺

Should be 4 or 5 am . I'm 36 yrs old so maybe old le , very tired .
I hope this will be smooth pregnancy ..
I hope my girl can have a sibling .. She is going to 6 yrs old this year .

Is it ok to skip the oscar if taking harmony ? I am thinking of skipping oscar and just opting for harmony.

How much your gynae charging for Harmony test?

Hi ladies

Went for my first gynae check up ytd. As calculated my EDD remains 7th Dec. Bb measures 11.3mm at 7 weeks 2 days. I heard bb's heartbeat. Unbelievable. My son was super excited.

I will be 35yo when i deliver so 35 yo is categorised high risk. Opted for Harmony test next month. Told my gynae i skip Oscar.

Have a good day. ☺

If I'm not wrong u can skip oscar and just take harmony cos harmony is the more accurate test. But for double insurance, some mummies still take the measurement part of the oscar and skip the blood test of the oscar.

Is it ok to skip the oscar if taking harmony ? I am thinking of skipping oscar and just opting for harmony.

How much your gynae charging for Harmony test?
Oscha

Hi mummies! i am going to be a 2nd time mummy!
I dont really know my EDD cuz my gynae didnt tell me the last week i went. I am guessing early Dec 05 after calculating my first day of last period.
Last checkup no heartbeat yet cuz doc say still too early. next week going for another checkup hopefully can see the heartbeat.

I am having horrible morning sickness just 2 days after first visit to the gynae. Duno is it pantang i told gynae i felt good ,he say its good to have abit of vomitting cuz it means baby is stable and then i get vomitting. :(

Hope to get to know you mummies as we progress along our pregnancies!

Just went to visit a Gynae today, cos last night I experienced brown discharge. I went to see Madeleine Tan, my usual Gynae is Benjamin Tham but he is too packed today to squeeze an appointment for me.

Madeleine Tan told me to stop breastfeeding my no.1. I'm so sad! Plus se prescribed me Duphaston, which caused severe morning sickness for me in my previous pregnancy. I should have done a Pap smear today but I was too uncomfortable cos she did vaginal scan,and a swab test for me.. So I just told her I did a Pap smear recently and actually it was last year :( really don't like Madeleine Tan, she seems impatient and fierce.

Tested out on the clearblue kit last night and its +! :)

Is the fb group a closed and private group? Will my contact list know i am in this group? I'm not prepared to announce yet until maybe after my 1st tri.

:)Hi ladies.........3rd pregnancy...can anyone recommend a reasonably cheap package Female Doctor. haven confirmed w the doctor yet...

went for my first gynae check yesterday!!! saw my bean!!! 4w2d. doc said next appt then can hear heartbeat but as of now everything looks good :) EDD 29 Dec 15...

now feeling very tired and weak....not sure if it's because the symptoms are starting to come.... appetite is smaller than last week....

need advise:

doc suggested 3 types of test : Harmony ($1.3k) , Oscar (about $500) or Triple test ($100)

Harmony being more expensive because it's 99% accurate... while Oscar is 90% (i think )

Harmony can be done at 2 months + while the rest is 3 months onwards..

so which one would u guys advice?

No m/s so far.. But my tummy is exceptionally bloated and felt like it is full of gas.. Uncomfortable and I feel fat. Having acne problems too.. Is it normal?

@MissNo same here.... already gave up on wearing some skirts & dresses as they are tight ard the waist....had to get those maternity shorts(elastic band instead of zip and button)

oh gosh! my ms is so terrible! just had bread with peanut butter n cup of milo. shortly aft i became merlion. my colleagues doesnt know i'm preg, and now they knew.

Thanks mama_ya! :)

I feel tired all the time and has tummy cramp yest.
Back is starting to show signs of aching. when I had my no 1 i had backache all the way till i delivered.

@MissNo same here.... already gave up on wearing some skirts & dresses as they are tight ard the waist....had to get those maternity shorts(elastic band instead of zip and button)

DesperateMummyWannabe, Ya lo.. So embarrassing.. Last time I still can suck in my tummy but now totally cannot. And I also gave up several of my jeans.. =X

Hello mummies.. How's everyone.. :)
2nd preg for me.. 1st ended in mc.. Self-calculated EDD on 17 dec.. I'm planning to deliver at thomson medical.. Any gynae to recommend?

The fb group has been changed to secret group! So no one can see u are in the group :)

I can't wait for my first trimester to be over. It's just my 5th week.

I would want to do the harmony test, cos I remember the oscar is really super time consuming, plus harmony allows you to know the gender early :)

For Gynae reco, I'd highly recommend mine, BeNjamin Tham. But got to note he's a very popular Gynae and since it's SG50, the waiting time has increased. Three days ago I booked my appointment, the earliest date was 7 May.

The fb group has been changed to secret group! So no one can see u are in the group :)

I can't wait for my first trimester to be over. It's just my 5th week.

I would want to do the harmony test, cos I remember the oscar is really super time consuming, plus harmony allows you to know the gender early :)

For Gynae reco, I'd highly recommend mine, BeNjamin Tham. But got to note he's a very popular Gynae and since it's SG50, the waiting time has increased. Three days ago I booked my appointment, the earliest date was 7 May.
I'm with Benjamin Tham too! I will be seeing him on Mon.

I'm with Benjamin Tham too! I will be seeing him on Mon.

He's a lovely Gynae isn't he? Really gentle and fatherly and patient in answering questions. I've seen three other female gynaes, both are so impatient and makes me feel like an idiot. The other Gynae I would consider is Irene Chua. She's very nice too.

He's a lovely Gynae isn't he? Really gentle and fatherly and patient in answering questions. I've seen three other female gynaes, both are so impatient and makes me feel like an idiot. The other Gynae I would consider is Irene Chua. She's very nice too.

Hi baobeimommy & nitestar, im keen to find out Dr Benjamin Tham too! Im now 6weeks pregnant and my first pregnancy. Wanted to make an appointment, but the number is so hard to get through, earliest appt is 11/5, or that week, which is a busy week for me. Do u have similar prob getting through the number and appt?

Can you share about ur experience with him pls? How are his charges like? Thanks!!! :)

Anyone experiencing shortness of breathe ? I'm currently into my 7 weeks .. have been feeling breathlessness especially after meals .

Hi baobeimommy & nitestar, im keen to find out Dr Benjamin Tham too! Im now 6weeks pregnant and my first pregnancy. Wanted to make an appointment, but the number is so hard to get through, earliest appt is 11/5, or that week, which is a busy week for me. Do u have similar prob getting through the number and appt?

Can you share about ur experience with him pls? How are his charges like? Thanks!!! :)
I have been thru 2 pregnancies with Dr Tham. Every visit is very comfortable. He is v friendly, and assuring. But he will be strict when he needs to.

I have been thru 2 pregnancies with Dr Tham. Every visit is very comfortable. He is v friendly, and assuring. But he will be strict when he needs to.
Hi Nitestar, do u experience difficulty in getting through the clinic number? how many weeks are you now and have u gone for appt? Thanks for sharing! If u have his package prices, pls share too! Thanks!! :)

I didn't have any problems getting thorough the line for making appointments! His current package is $800 from 13 weeks onwards.

Any mummies experiencing MS? My MS gets bad abt two hrs after a meal. I guess thats when my food gets digested and i need to eat again. But i am not hungry! I cant be eating non stop! I think i will grow fat. Now lying in bed after my nap cos i am worried i will puke if i stand up.

Hi all

I am in my 5th week and starting this week I start to feel very very tired. Last night start to have fever so I took panadol after asking my Gynae. Whole body ache including Eerm below.. So scared coz It's my first pregnancy. Today still don't feel well so took panadol again. Will it affect the fetus?!

I also lost my appetite.. Worse is start to have aversion to veggies! Plus already start constipating though I ate lots of fruits and yoghurt last week.

Are all these normal in the 5th week???

@Momo Mum, i hv terrible ms. mrng and evening. doesnt seems to enjoy my food nowadays. lost 1.5kgs. anything in, will come out shortly after (merlion mama) kinda scared to eat now... hv this metallic taste on my tongue.. urgh!!

Went for my 2nd visit to Gynae yesterday. Doc measured the lil one and said baby was approx 9 weeks in length but in actual fact only 8 weeks old. Which means baby growing well!

Having bad MS ended up lost 3kg in ❷ weeks..

I didn't have any problems getting thorough the line for making appointments! His current package is $800 from 13 weeks onwards.

Thanks baobeimommy! I am keen to see Dr Tham, but he is only available in 3 weeks time, do you think it make sense to go see another gynae for appt at week 7/8 then make appt to see Dr Tham for 2nd appt? Is it usually around week 12? Thanks for your advice! :)

Back