(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hey ladies..

I had my lochia for 3 weeks after birth den got my first period 3 weeks ltr.. Den second period came after 33 days cycle.. But till now my third period is not here yet, n have been 33 days alrdy too..

Is it normal to have delayed period after birth? Or shld i have a preg test.. :( Btw im not bf..

Any exp mummies can help? Feeling worried, dont wan a second one so soon......

Hey ladies..

I had my lochia for 3 weeks after birth den got my first period 3 weeks ltr.. Den second period came after 33 days cycle.. But till now my third period is not here yet, n have been 33 days alrdy too..

Is it normal to have delayed period after birth? Or shld i have a preg test.. :( Btw im not bf..

My gynae mentioned that it will take a while for the period to regulate. Maybe just wait a couple of days? May not be exactly 33 days. My 3rd period came only one week after it was expected to come..perhaps you should speak with your gynae abt contraception options as well so you need not keep worrying :)

Hello mummies!

Long time never post, how's everybody? Went back to work last week n man it is so so so exhausting. Still pumping 7x a day, including 3x at work, omg, really dunno how long I can keep this up. Right now my daily output = my boy's daily intake, no extra to freeze, at most got 30-50ml extra as standby, which we will incorporate into his feeds by the next day. Got only 7 packs of fbm in the fridge as standby, this number has remain constant for a while already since everyday demand = supply. I'm still giving him one night feed at 5am, but since he is hardly awake for that feed anyway I'm thinking of stretching it till 7am eventually. For my sanity. N before I make any major P&L mistake at work from fatigue.

I'm having problems with my boy's fingernails too! The PD doesn't encourage mittens so that the bb can touch n feel different textures, but no matter how much I cut n trim n file n buff my boy's nails, he can still scratch his face until like 花猫。Like that how har? I just hope one day soon he will realise its painful when he scratch himself.
She still wakes up at 3-4ish and then at about 6. This can't carry on indefinitely.

Could it be reflux? My bb was like that and pd diagnosed as reflux and she's on zantac to reduce the acid she throws up sometimes when she burps. She still refuses her milk from time to time but is generally better when she takes her medicine.

No leh.. he used to havr reflux.. Realise it was due to over feeding. Now he is eating 120 constantly without vomiting anymore.

Now i tried to mix more fm with my bm.. arnd 40bm 80fm.. And i guess he didnt realise (yet!*touchwood*) Gonna try adding more bm % daily.. until he is back on my bm again.

Thanks mommy ciakes !

if he is not feeding much at 5am, then yes u can gradually drop that feed....

The problem is - usually that's his biggest feed (avg 140ml compared to usual 120ml) n he always finish it super quickly n no fuss at all (probably cos he's half asleep). So I feel bad to deprive him of that feed.

most of time he will still
slp.sometimes he will mive a bit then i pause a while.my nail clipper only make soft clicks,so ok for him.
wow his nails are so short. looks like i have to try harder nxt time. im scared of cutting her, and duno what to do to treat the wound.

The problem is - usually that's his biggest feed (avg 140ml compared to usual 120ml) n he always finish it super quickly n no fuss at all (probably cos he's half asleep). So I feel bad to deprive him of that feed.
not sure if it will work but reduce that feed and increase the subsequent feed?

Hey ladies..

did u have unprotected sex ...u can do a test 3 wks afrer u DTD? But apparently it is normal for ur periods to be a bit haywire initially.

Hello mummies!

Long time never post, how's everybody? Went back to work last week n man it is so so so exhausting. Still pumping 7x a day, including 3x at work, omg, really dunno how long I can keep this up. Right now my daily output = my boy's daily intake, no extra to freeze, at most got 30-50ml extra as standby, which we will incorporate into his feeds by the next day. Got only 7 packs of fbm in the fridge as standby, this number has remain constant for a while already since everyday demand = supply. I'm still giving him one night feed at 5am, but since he is hardly awake for that feed anyway I'm thinking of stretching it till 7am eventually. For my sanity. N before I make any major P&L mistake at work from fatigue.

I'm having problems with my boy's fingernails too! The PD doesn't encourage mittens so that the bb can touch n feel different textures, but no matter how much I cut n trim n file n buff my boy's nails, he can still scratch his face until like 花猫。Like that how har? I just hope one day soon he will realise its painful when he scratch himself.

I use nail clipper cut short short ..

Hey ladies..

Dun worry... system always haywire for the first few mths...but better take precautions hor .. I know some mummies kenna very fast. My hubby's cousin kenna during confinement. .. lol

any of your babies keep wanting to flip?

Mine since 2 days ago unlocked her 'achievement' of being able to flip from back to tummy, she has been practising it again and again and getting stuck there and crying badly as she still have not figured out how to flip from tummy to back...

so much so the whole afternoon she has not napped at all and it is both amusing and yet tiring to see her flipping on her own when I place her on the bed, her cot, the playmat etc

now she's finally sleeping...I hope she zzz well after all the exercise in the daytime >_<

Mine since 2 days ago unlocked her 'achievement' of being able to flip from back to tummy, she has been practising it again and again and getting stuck there and crying badly as she still have not figured out how to flip from tummy to back...

so much so the whole afternoon she has not napped at all and it is both amusing and yet tiring to see her flipping on her own when I place her on the bed, her cot, the playmat etc

now she's finally sleeping...I hope she zzz well after all the exercise in the daytime >_<
Mine! It's frustrating when she even tries to do it when I'm feeding her milk :/ she can't flip on her own as well..another thing she has been "practising" in the middle of the night (!) is holding her feet. The past few nights she's up trying all these things..not finishing her milk at every feed :(

Mine! It's frustrating when she even tries to do it when I'm feeding her milk :/ she can't flip on her own as well..another thing she has been "practising" in the middle of the night (!) is holding her feet. The past few nights she's up trying all these things..not finishing her milk at every feed :(

with better neck support now mine also very curious and stops and looks around while nursing >_< don't know she's full or what. and she tries to flip now while changing diaper too!

thankfully mine slept until 4am+ before waking up for feed, I put her in a sleeping bag when she sleeps during the night and I guess it helped to prevent her from wanting to flip, but now that she woke up and I removed the sleeping bag, she's back on her tummy again while I went to do the laundry earlier. The thing now with baby's flipping tendency is that I don't dare to leave her alone for too long a period, but still need to cook and do household chores ah T_T

Any mummies tried the Zoli Buzz B electric nail trimmer? Worth the buy? I'm desperate to try anything for my boy's nails to keep him injury free.

So fast! my gal is able to turn sideways only, haven attempt to flip on her tummy yet.

Any mummies tried the Zoli Buzz B electric nail trimmer? Worth the buy? I'm desperate to try anything for my boy's nails to keep him injury free.

Hi bb, my sis had the nail trimmer but she finds cutting with the clipper is faster. Her gal at 11mth old is still a face scratcher especially when she wanna sleep.
I use baby scissors to trim my gal nails, I can get really close to the nail bed and snip it really short (no / little white seen). Its not as scary as we think. u can do it when he is in deep sleep and snip using the tip of the scissor to trim.

Yup I cut with pigeon baby nail clippers then trim with zoli bee. Can buy online at qoo or at baby shops, I suppose kiddy palace will sell.

Yday had a off site conference from 3-5. So I figured I should pump a long pump at 1230-130 then leave office at 2 after washing up. So i only managed to pump once yday. The stupid conference over run, 530 still no sign of ending and my breasts were so painful with engorgement I wanna faint alr. I looked at the agenda and figured the earliest they will end is 630, so I left and ran to take a cab back to my baby. Blissful to catch his feed and relieve my breasts. So from this incident I realise that really, it's breast feeding that ties a mum to her baby, maybe nt for everyone, but for me definitely. I can imagine if I wasn't breast feeding and my breasts wasn't so unbearably painful, I will sit through the whole conference and after that still stay on to network with the people that I haven't seen in months.
Also, next time I shall find a seat near corner and back that is easier to siam. Yday was sitting right in the middle of the middle...

Yday had a off site conference from 3-5. So I figured I should pump a long pump at 1230-130 then leave office at 2 after washing up. So i only managed to pump once yday. The stupid conference over run, 530 still no sign of ending and my breasts were so painful with engorgement I wanna faint alr. I looked at the agenda and figured the earliest they will end is 630, so I left and ran to take a cab back to my baby. Blissful to catch his feed and relieve my breasts. So from this incident I realise that really, it's breast feeding that ties a mum to her baby, maybe nt for everyone, but for me definitely. I can imagine if I wasn't breast feeding and my breasts wasn't so unbearably painful, I will sit through the whole conference and after that still stay on to network with the people that I haven't seen in months.
Also, next time I shall find a seat near corner and back that is easier to siam. Yday was sitting right in the middle of the middle...
Totally feel you! I was out in the morning from 9am to 2pm for a site inspection and my boobs were so hard, I feel like they were going to burst... Finaly go back to my desk and managed to pump at 2.45pm.

I tried trimming but fail
Guess my lo nails too long to use that
And keep moving his hand make the trim even harder

Totally feel you! I was out in the morning from 9am to 2pm for a site inspection and my boobs were so hard, I feel like they were going to burst... Finaly go back to my desk and managed to pump at 2.45pm.

I keep dragging and dragging coz too busy no time to pump.. So now even 5 hrs I also won't feel the engorgement..

Anyone's bb moves nonstop, flailing arms and legs, turning head when drinking milk?? Feeding has become such a chore. Ugh. Worst part is lots of milk wasted cos of the vigorous movements. I find tt my bb doesn't know what to do with her arms when I feed her or when she's trying to sleep. I don't wanna swaddle since daytime is so hot..and I don't think I shd swaddle at 4 mths? I always try let her hug her soft toy or pillow etc but her hands somehow will keep flying everywhere still. Lately she doesn't finish her feeds esp at night. Wahh it's so exhausting

Anyone's bb moves nonstop, flailing arms and legs, turning head when drinking milk?? Feeding has become such a chore. Ugh. Worst part is lots of milk wasted cos of the vigorous movements. I find tt my bb doesn't know what to do with her arms when I feed her or when she's trying to sleep. I don't wanna swaddle since daytime is so hot..and I don't think I shd swaddle at 4 mths? I always try let her hug her soft toy or pillow etc but her hands somehow will keep flying everywhere still. Lately she doesn't finish her feeds esp at night. Wahh it's so exhausting

Oh ya I realized that, once I put the milk bottle in her mouth, her both hands coming wanna touch the milk bottle then start moving around and sometimes the bottle comes out her mouth bcos of her touching... She wanna drink but the hands keep moving. I think it's part of their growth? But it's irritating... Cos have to wipe the milk dripping from her mouth and I have to hold her hands to prevent her from moving too much. I will keep talking to her and ask if she wanna hold the bottle is it? Then position her hands like she is holding the bottle.... But this last than 10 secs hahaha

I have eczema since 17yo and is inherited... My mum has got serious eczema. Yesterday I found out my girl's face has got eczema. My husband was asking me can eczema pass through breast milk? Does anyone know?

mine does too. we find that she does this whenever she feels uncomfortable inside her tummy. we would try to burp her n usually aft gas is out, she start drinking again.

I still tot my LO is the only one behaving lidat. hahaha. It helps when i put one of his hands behind my arm and hold another hand of his when im bottle feeding. Bt every feed is a struggle cuz their strength is gaining everyday.

I still tot my LO is the only one behaving lidat. hahaha. It helps when i put one of his hands behind my arm and hold another hand of his when im bottle feeding. Bt every feed is a struggle cuz their strength is gaining everyday.
Same here..

I kiap 1 hand behind me.

N hold the other hand..

Then he use his head to struggle with me ...

Same here..

I kiap 1 hand behind me.

N hold the other hand..

Then he use his head to struggle with me ...
mine does too. we find that she does this whenever she feels uncomfortable inside her tummy. we would try to burp her n usually aft gas is out, she start drinking again.
Seems like it's normal then.. wondering if u all feed when bb cries or do u all go by time i.e. give milk every 2/3 hrs?

Seems like it's normal then.. wondering if u all feed when bb cries or do u all go by time i.e. give milk every 2/3 hrs?
I feed when he cries... Now I dropped 1 feed at night and let him sleep through his feed times in the day if he doesn't wake up. I wait till he wake up then feed him...

My baby having constipation, he has not poo for 5 days :(
He is on full fm. Anyone can advise me what to do to help him to poo..
Thanks.

Back