Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

@rach_07 I did ask Prof how come need so many medication as pregnancy support because I didnt hv all these for #1. He informed that because ivf is artificial, so the body may or may not produce sufficient pregnancy hormones. That's why the policy is to provide pregnancy support for everyone. He also said that it's completely optional and I can opt out. of cos I didnt opt out lah!
I didn't ask him because his reply to me being always underweight makes me don't know what to ask next.

So the support is required for 12 weeks?

I didn't ask him because his reply to me being always underweight makes me don't know what to ask next.

So the support is required for 12 weeks?
Haha u are truly my twin... Prof also always complain i underweight.
From what I read, once placenta is formed & takes over slowly by 11w, our supports no longer needed. True enough, prof stopped most of my meds by 11w

From what I read, once placenta is formed & takes over slowly by 11w, our supports no longer needed. True enough, prof stopped most of my meds by 11w
Enjoy being underweight ah! After u give birth u will wish ur underweight... I used to be underweight also then after #1 I'm not even back to my pre preg weight anymore. Cannot lose it anymore

You are also underweight? What's your bmi? I asked him how that I am underweight but he said I am always underweight

You are also underweight? What's your bmi? I asked him how that I am underweight but he said I am always underweight
My latest bmi based on the machine in his clinic is 17. But I realise the machine there always show that I'm lighter. My machine at home always show 1kg heavier!

So girls make me envy. I am super size. Love buffet too but trying to cut down 2 years ago....most important is healthy and stay healthy

Wow. That's fast... We (and @lucasmum11) are all 3 weeks apart.

Which Gynae are you going to after prof 'discharge' you?
I was contemplating going to MonkeyChick's gynae cos I read gd reviews. But I changed my mind & decided to go back to my regular gynae Dr Esther at Mt A. Thought shld just stick back to familiar envt.

Some info to help decide when to test.

day3 embryo transfer timeline:
1dpt .. Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt… Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt….Blastocyst hatches out of shell
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt…Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt…HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

For day4 embryo transfer, your one starts from 2dpt above because your 1dpt is equal to 2dpt above.

Last edited:
I know the ladies post the same thing but nurse never tell me crinone gel need to store in fridge and lie down a while then walk.
I was referring to this part which i think its important to tell patient especially first timer like me.

Its ok now since i have learned from this thread, crinone was placed in the fridge and i will lie down after insert estrofem and crinone tomorrow :)

As for the cooler bag; agreed that even though i was given plastic bag, it was still cooling when i reached home.

To some extent, I agree with u...not all nurses say the same thing...at least i'm 100% sure I wasn't told to lie down after crinone. One told me to walk ard n one told me no need to when i asked.Was handed out cooler bag once for crinone n not for the 2nd time. I dun really mind coz i'm heading straight home in air-con environment..n i dun think lying down or nt affects my success rate...so nt a major concern..but i wld say not instructing on crinone gel in fridge may b a concern given our hot weather...

Nonetheless,from the bottom of my heart, i still feel that the chr nurses r very professional,esp those that were there for long...they really noe alot...i cannt imagine this journey without them..
nurse karen/jane/charmaine/christine...heartfelt appreciations!

Dun lose faith in them ya...;)

One thing i observed, there's alr ~30% more or change of nurses along the way,when one is new,it means she has to pick up the sop n practices all over again irregardless how experienced she is...

mayb when 2 nurses say different things, we can help by verifying again...it may b rude but it helps to stay more aligned...as far,my personal experience, the critical procedures or sop...they r 100% aligned....like photocopying..

I have to emphasize that i'm not saying that the new nurses r misaligned ya...is not a fair statemt...is any 2 nurses eg..:D

Last edited:
For FET I only have crinone to insert. The rest are all oral. I'm so glad!
Really didn't like putting my fingers into my v cos I can't do it properly, either always drop out or try too long until meds melt on my finger.

Is true on the inserting of all the med...lol...I even told my hubby..."I duno wat I am doing to myself"...come to a stage,I immune to this procedure...:p

That's why impatient me picked NUH :D I will go crazy waiting for the final phone call and queuing. I am grateful to receive phone call updates about my embryos daily, even during the weekend.

KKH rate is 1-2K cheaper than NUH one and located more centrally, so it has the most no of patients. It is certainly very disappointing for the ET to get cancelled last min like that!

Every hospital has their success stories and good doctors.

My fren still with kkh...she was really uncomfortable with their system..n also was told tt she has to queue...n not based on her cycles...for nuh, is as soon as our cycle starts,ivf starts....

I was contemplating going to MonkeyChick's gynae cos I read gd reviews. But I changed my mind & decided to go back to my regular gynae Dr Esther at Mt A. Thought shld just stick back to familiar envt.

Mt A is really good also...I am a Mt A baby..my niece n nephew r also Mt A babies..My mum sang praises of Mt A yearss ago til now..lol..I hav so many frenz that delivered in Mt A recently...one is very "complainy"...but sing praises of Mt A...is a good choice...:)...

Think it's my genes... I eat A LOT but weight maintains, nv go up one. If I eat a bit less for just 1 or 2 days, my weight will drop drastically.

Me too me too!I used to weigh only 41kg, bmi 15-16...but got hoot by Raffles doc...but not tt I'm not eating...I'm eating more than my hubby...duno y I ganna hoot also...

But!!...those were the days...as soon as I started the jabs n hormones pills...my weight spiraled up exponentially...n mths I'm off hormones med, it dived down...o_O...roller coaster mode now...weird...it can b 4-5kg differece...

Ladies...

I really sotong...coz I din login ytd so I am 2 pages of posts behind...I trying to catch up n reply down the messages...

n guess I almost replied to my own message...then I found it familiar n realised is from MonkeyChick...Wat a great sotong...lol

My fren still with kkh...she was really uncomfortable with their system..n also was told tt she has to queue...n not based on her cycles...for nuh, is as soon as our cycle starts,ivf starts....

Does your friend consider switching to NUH or SGH? My acquaintance friend is with SGH; she is happy with SGH service and said no need to queue much over there.

Haha envy all your high metabolism rates. I'm a big size gal wearing L and XL :D.

I read that some fats in our body is required to produce estrogen properly, so doctors are concerned whether we are in normal bmi range.

Last edited:
May I know what timing do we have to insert the crinone gel? Asking because I stand all the time and scold people all the time in my job. I think it will just shoot out of me like a rocket the moment I use energy to raise my voice o_O

Last edited:
May I know what timing do we have to insert the crinone gel? Asking because I stand all the time and scold people all the time in my job. I think it will just shoot out of me the moment I use energy to raise my voice o_O

Hahaha...funny when u said it shoot out...
i did it once in the morning n once at nite...at same timing...+/- 1hr max...i asked dr anu this question b4...she advised at regular timing...say if u do 7am everyday...stay to that timing +/-1hr max is fine...:)

Hahaha...funny when u said it shoot out...
i did it once in the morning n once at nite...at same timing...+/- 1hr max...i asked dr anu this question b4...she advised at regular timing...say if u do 7am everyday...stay to that timing +/-1hr max is fine...:)

Thanks for the info. I guess I will insert the gel at home before and after work. ;)

Does your friend consider switching to NUH or SGH? My acquaintance friend is with SGH; she is happy with SGHervice and said no need to queue much over there.

Haha envy all your high metabolism rates. I'm a big size gal wearing L and XL :D.

I read that some fats in our body is required to produce estrogen properly, so doctors are concerned whether we are in normal bmi range.

Yupz...esp my case pcos... bmi very impt...it can worsen the situation...

I jus shared with my fren my nuh experience but I'm not sure if she will switch over leh...the last round she queued for ~2mths...hmmm...i got to let her noe...let her check it out again...on the waiting part...

Yupz...esp my case pcos... bmi very impt...it can worsen the situation...

I jus shared with my fren my nuh experience but I'm not sure if she will switch over leh...the last round she queued for ~2mths...hmmm...i got to let her noe...let her check it out again...on the waiting part...

TMC doc diagnosed me with PCOS but prof said I do not have it. Think as long we stay healthy and with the meticulous hormone supports given by NUH, our hormones will be at pretty optimal levels even with PCOS. I'm grateful for the aid of science.

I also don't understand why people go kkh. I was there initially but switched over cos I read abt prof.
Hubby recently managed to convince his friend to switch too. His friend says kkh procedure is like playing station games. One step at one station & all different doctors.

Hi for ER day, what time do u go to nuh and what time u leave? Issit a full day thing?
Hi Chloe, I think it's not a full day thing, some by 1-2pm can leave already.

By the way, when is your expected ER? I am finishing my norE Tmr. But yesterday night missed 1 tablet. And will be meeting prof on 30/4 to start stims. Expected 13/5 for ER if I can remember.

All the best!

Hi Chloe, I think it's not a full day thing, some by 1-2pm can leave already.

By the way, when is your expected ER? I am finishing my norE Tmr. But yesterday night missed 1 tablet. And will be meeting prof on 30/4 to start stims. Expected 13/5 for ER if I can remember.

All the best!
Shud be 20 may bah. One week after yours. My nore need to eat for 12 days not so fast one. Ur lucky u only eat 7-8 days

Back