Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Yes...I just put a slide of lemon into water...better than plain water..but still can not drink sufficient water I think...but can not help..I am 13 wks already..Every night after dinner there is a vomit waiting. ..hahhahah...
Hi Ziyin, congratulations that you are in your 2nd trimester already. Thank you for sharing your tip on using lemon slice. Yesterday, I started stirring my liquid iron, "Feroglobin" which has malt sugar into drinks, hoping to trick my taste buds that this is a cool beverage. Lol...

My hr said no need to clear 1 week block. Can clear day by day..
Part of my reason taking 12 weeks ml as bcos no transport n hp allowance during ml n yet I m still reading emails n ans sales call. So I rather go bk early n have the monthly transport allowance.
Actually pregnancy n delivery I feel still ok n smooth but the sudden change of in laws or family over excited w bb n comes visit daily, makes me overwhelmed. It's like a sudden privacy invasion in our little home seeing in laws daily from morning till nite.can't breastfeed as I like, have to stay in my own room to maintain my last privacy cos FIL in living room. Many things happen in the first 2 mths resulted me n dh some conflicts over his parents n my family . Guess I wasn't tat prepared afterall at that point of time
Hmmm today I checked my company policy.. oso never stated must clear in 1 wk block. Good ah!
We're staying with hubby's parents now so really not expecting any privacy other than in own room... haiz. Having a bb is really a big change yeah, so some conflicts surely inevitable.
Somemore I oredy not so good terms wif my mil now, actually cannot imagine I stay at home continuously for 12 weeks..

yesterday I sorted out those pre-loved clothes for smaller sized/new born ones..and cut away tags etc. Today washed all muslin swaddle cloth and blankets and changing mats :) Used kodomo washing detergent and now whole house smells like bb :) not pack the bags yet..thinking to wash the bags tomorrow 1st..
Ooooh good start :) Can use washing machine or must handwash ah?

Ooooh good start :) Can use washing machine or must handwash ah?
u mean the bags? I handwashing those as some parts like cannot take the tumbling of machine ..else for other bb clothings I use 'babycare' function on machine ..oh and I actually put the machine on a drum wash first before washing bb clothes to ensure the machine is 'cleaned' on the inside ..

I felt my girl at 17weeks 4 days :) it was like very light tappings and lasted ard 3-4mins..if u are busy at work might not even notice it..cos for me it happened at 9pm+ I was laying on my bed..but for my boy slightly a few days later..then now not much felt from girl cos her placenta is in front ..making it a cushion to absorb the subtle flutters /taps

if u hv not feel it yet maybe cos of the position of your placentas..but when later when ur bbs grow and bones harder can feel much more...just like the other day I was munching on toast bread and my girl kicked me so hard it made me drop my toast and left me in a tad shock lololol :p

Dr Chieng said both my placentas are behind so I shd be able to feel them. Well, all im feeling as of today is pain! Heh. I'll just wait den...
So interesting tht ur girl is practicing her awesome kicks!!

Hi ladies, anyone know where can we go for prenatal exercises classes? Doctor's approval required?
In my Dumex gift pack received yesterday, it included a 2 session Pre-Natal Yoga Pass at True Yoga. You may want to check it out. It is better to seek Dr's approval. It seemed that the general rule of thumb is not to add 'new' things to routine, which were not done before preggy.

I'm not sure as well... For the time being... Will stick with KK.
As long as you are comfortable and confident of the Dr :) KKH has good facilities which is important. Unfortunately for me, when I got my 1st O&G Dr at KKH, I didn't do my research, and it was an ad-hoc match, and I got really disappointed which made me postponed my TTC plan further, unknowingly. By the way, where are you in your journey?

Last edited:
In my Dumex gift pack received yesterday, it included a 2 session Pre-Natal Yoga Pass at True Yoga. You may want to check it out. It is better to seek Dr's approval. It seemed that the general rule of thumb is not to add 'new' things to routine, which were not done before preggy.

Really! True yoga has it? Okay will ask the doctor on duty next week... So long :( so depressed. When I told my hubby only next month he can get to see BB u/s... He is so disappointed. FYI we are under subsidized at the moment, you see..
Seeing doc doesn't means get to see BB right...

Our first look at him is around week 5... All sort of worries comes in since then... Keep Wondering got HB anot, how is the BB progress etc... Endless worries again..

How are you all feeling today? Long weekend is just next week... Hooray!

As long as you are comfortable and confident of the Dr :) KKH has good facilities which is important. Unfortunately for me, when I got my 1st O&G Dr at KKH, I didn't do my research, and it was an ad-hoc match, and I got really disappointed which made me postponed my TTC plan further, unknowingly.

Somehow is all fated. Don look at the past, look forward with your existing gynae and BB pix ya... Hee Hee.

Really! True yoga has it? Okay will ask the doctor on duty next week... So long :( so depressed. When I told my hubby only next month he can get to see BB u/s... He is so disappointed. FYI we are under subsidized at the moment, you see..

Our first look at him is around week 5... All sort of worries comes in since then... Keep Wondering got HB anot, how is the BB progress etc... Endless worries again..

How are you feeling today? Long weekend is just next week... Hooray!

im pte patient also dun get to see bbs on every visit :(

im pte patient also dun get to see bbs on every visit :(

Huh? How come? Sorry .. I thought as Pte patient, you get to see BB on every visit? As I assume they will got the scanning machine in each gynae room? Not like that ah?

Sorry for sounding stupid on this...

mine also...i hope to see bb soon too...waiting till early jun is far too long...can we make request during dr appt to arrange for last min scan?

mine also...i hope to see bb soon too...waiting till early jun is far too long...can we make request during dr appt to arrange for last min scan?

You have the same thought as my Hubby leh! We tried next week and see how. Naughty hor! Hahaha.. Bo Bian.. Oops!

Hee Hee, just go lah.. Which buffet you are going for? :p Now you got the appetite, can eat then eat. Don think so much.. But hor, ask hubby to pay okay. 2 prices for 4!!! He wins okay...
feel like eating but cannot eat much..and I would like seafood like prawns /oysters etc but now cannot eat so a bit boh hua to hv buffet :(

I didn't know that the protocol for subsidized and private patients would be different in the same hospital. Patients can be involved in their own care plan. It is patient's rights. Is it possible to request for a more regular scan? You may wish to consider getting MP3 recordings at Circle+Bloom for pregnancy, which has recordings to guide visualization, for calming and assurance. But it is better to listen to the sample recording, to decide if you like the voice.

Huh? How come? Sorry .. I thought as Pte patient, you get to see BB on every visit? As I assume they will got the scanning machine in each gynae room? Not like that ah?

Sorry for sounding stupid on this...
dunno leh..I think cos my gynae super busy that's why

ImageUploadedByForum1429850421.725882.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1429850434.546971.jpg
my lunch!

Hi ladies, further check. I have already finished my one month supply of duphaston today morning. What should I do during this period before my next review next week?

My scans are one month apart. So sad cannot see my babies for so long. Previous appmt I was really a good girl & waited the whole month. But my next appmt (with detailed scan) is 5 weeks later! Because many clinics slots for detailed scan is fully booked till June :eek:

So yesterday I had terrible pain den I wanted to go in but nurse said this is normal pain and asked me not to go in. Haiya......I just do count down only den...

My scans are one month apart. So sad cannot see my babies for so long. Previous appmt I was really a good girl & waited the whole month. But my next appmt (with detailed scan) is 5 weeks later! Because many clinics slots for detailed scan is fully booked till June :eek:

So yesterday I had terrible pain den I wanted to go in but nurse said this is normal pain and asked me not to go in. Haiya......I just do count down only den...

Lol is like that de... I also like that counting down n looking forward to each scan haha

what pain u hv? Maybe go to nearby gynae do scan for peace of mind?

I not sure too....no wori. Did u ask them if suitable? If yes I also feel like going. Orange colour is better than white hairs -"

Why most of the Preg not seen doing treatment for hair bcoz through the scalp will go into the body n somehow will go to the bb. That's why a lot of them wait till bb full mth over go do treatment or go do colouring. That's what I think, correct mi if wrong hehe

Lol is like that de... I also like that counting down n looking forward to each scan haha
Can consider buying Baby Bump Monitor Sound System online. My DH just bought over AliExpress, haven't received it. It is supposed to allow you to hear the heartbeat of your precious one/s. With the dreary wait in between scans, supposed this can be a comfort.

Dear ladies, does anyone experience diarrhoea in your 1st Tri? I have been down with it for the past 2 days, and I haven't quite pin point if it is due to the addition of Horlicks (with milk powder) in my diet.

Dear ladies, would you know if pearly inserts and progynova would go beyond 1st Tri? Have been doing inserts at 5am and 5pm, thus sleep gets disrupted. What are you receiving for medication and how are you coping with the medicine currently?

what pain u hv? Maybe go to nearby gynae do scan for peace of mind?

Initially started with back pain & den had throbbing pain on lower right side of womb. But nurse said is ok... For now it's ok but if it comes back I'll go see doctor

Dear ladies, would you know if pearly inserts and progynova would go beyond 1st Tri? Have been doing inserts at 5am and 5pm, thus sleep gets disrupted. What are you receiving for medication and how are you coping with the medicine currently?
Is there a reason for 5 and 5? Why not 7 and 7? Or 9 and 9? (Or whatever works that doesnt mess up your sleep??)

I understand that there was a compulsory Great Eastern ivf insurance we had to buy before ET.
May I ask if we need extra insurance? I heard of AIA Family Baby First cover which is the only policy that covers ivf babies.
Is this worth buying?

I understand that there was a compulsory Great Eastern ivf insurance we had to buy before ET.
May I ask if we need extra insurance? I heard of AIA Family Baby First cover which is the only policy that covers ivf babies.
Is this worth buying?
i checked past conversation in this web: The GE plan covers ivf baby only whereas the AIA maternity insurance covers both pregnant mummy and baby (ivf baby included). The typical monthly commitment is $150-300. Can start from pregnancy 18 weeks. Look like http://www.prudential.com.sg/corp/prudential_en_sg/solutions/protect/PRUfirst_gift.html seem better. but they did not specify whether qualify for ivf baby or not....

i checked past conversation in this web: The GE plan covers ivf baby only whereas the AIA maternity insurance covers both pregnant mummy and baby (ivf baby included). The typical monthly commitment is $150-300. Can start from pregnancy 18 weeks. Look like http://www.prudential.com.sg/corp/prudential_en_sg/solutions/protect/PRUfirst_gift.html seem better. but they did not specify whether qualify for ivf baby or not....
I checked... prudential doesnt cover ivf babies. Only AIA has so i bought it.

Back