IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, I have the following to let go, pls pm me if keen

1. Opened honeyworld royal jelly + collagen, 180 capsules, left more than 3/4, full bottle retail at $200, selling at $100
Expire 19 dec 2016

2. Estrofem 1mg, $10, expire Aug 2016

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here. I m married for 3 years and have been trying naturally without success :(
Beginning of the year done some medical check up and found that I have polyps. Removal of polyps was done 2 months ago. And recently did first blood test showing that I'm not ovulated :(

Doctor precribe medicine called letrozole to induce for ovulation ?

May I know anyone taken this medicine before ?

Currently waiting AF to come to start medication. Btw, I'm having irregular menses too

Hi ladies, i have following to let go.
1 box of progynova (28 pills) and additional 7 pills expiry in april 2016 (worth sgd 27) and two stick of crinone gel (worth sgd 24) willing to let go all at sgd 35

Please pm me if you are interested

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here. I m married for 3 years and have been trying naturally without success :(
Beginning of the year done some medical check up and found that I have polyps. Removal of polyps was done 2 months ago. And recently did first blood test showing that I'm not ovulated :(

Currently waiting AF to come to start medication. Btw, I'm having irregular menses too
I took letrozole for IUI. It helps regulate ovulation.

Hihi, may I know if you have low AMH issues. I have moderate low AMH at 1.1, am 39 (but AMH taken a year younger) and doc (THH) kept saying I have to be prepared that I have no eggs for retrieval. So depressing even before my cycle begins leh. During my SIS last July, I think they did a follicles count at cd10 and I Google and ya the numbers didn't look great too. did u also do an SIS or AFC previously? The number of follicles is about the same or?
Hi dramaqueenie, my AMH also 1.1 as i hv a few ops b4 e ivf n we b 40 by tis May.

Hi Ladies,

I have pcos and was prescribed with letrozole before. Succeed on first try. Good luck.

Hi Char Mee
Thanks for your information. May I know how many cycle did u take too see ovulation results ?
Is your menses regular ? My menses is not regular.. Waiting AF to come is killing me slowly... 2 days ago went to GP to request for medicine to induce my period as today is my CD 42...Initially wanted my AF to come so that can start my letrozole... But my GP did not want to give. She said it will be a false AF..not real one..really confusing now.. T.T

Dear aarlysa,

similar to you, had been a silent reader for several years here and got married in 2009. i have irregular menses cycle and bad migraine and cramps when it comes so a gynae at clementi (Dr Clement i think) in 2011 and without doing any tests on me, he diagnosed that I have PCOS. I was very upset upon hearing it and my hubby cheered me up saying that its ok if we do not have kids. Life became pretty bleak for me as it was just work and home, do not seem to have anything to look forward to. Everytime my menses is delayed (which is very common), I would hope to get symptoms of morning sickness. I tried taking my temperature and downloading apps on my phone to make sure we make it happen on the recommended dates but for 1 to 2 years, nothing :(

At work, at the beginning of each work year, he will include a budget of 4 man months for my maternity leave hoping that I would utilise it. But well, no luck! Every CNY, it will be the usual 'when are you having kids?' from my relatives. Sigh, i hope they understand what i'm going through. It isnt that I do not want.. but maybe timing not right.

Just when I was about to give up, a colleague of mine suggested trying out 'ba zhen'. Its something which I had not drank before in my entire life, the soup looked murky and dark but for the sake of a baby, I must eat it! During then, a short trip to Taipei followed as it was my hubby's birthday. I guess the tuning of the body and relaxed mind helped.. discovered that i was preggie in a GP as I thought I had stomach flu. My little one is 6 months old now.

Apologies for the lengthy background but its better to start asap. Go for the IVF and try to keep your mind relaxed as much as you can :) As you've shared, your brothers are not married, they could play a greater role in caring for your mom while you fulfil your mum's wish of being a grandmom.

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!
Hi Maw,

Finally your wish come true :)
May I know which day after AF u consume Ba Zhen ??

Dear aarlysa,

similar to you, had been a silent reader for several years here and got married in 2009. i have irregular menses cycle and bad migraine and cramps when it comes so a gynae at clementi (Dr Clement i think) in 2011 and without doing any tests on me, he diagnosed that I have PCOS. I was very upset upon hearing it and my hubby cheered me up saying that its ok if we do not have kids. Life became pretty bleak for me as it was just work and home, do not seem to have anything to look forward to. Everytime my menses is delayed (which is very common), I would hope to get symptoms of morning sickness. I tried taking my temperature and downloading apps on my phone to make sure we make it happen on the recommended dates but for 1 to 2 years, nothing :(

At work, at the beginning of each work year, he will include a budget of 4 man months for my maternity leave hoping that I would utilise it. But well, no luck! Every CNY, it will be the usual 'when are you having kids?' from my relatives. Sigh, i hope they understand what i'm going through. It isnt that I do not want.. but maybe timing not right.

Just when I was about to give up, a colleague of mine suggested trying out 'ba zhen'. Its something which I had not drank before in my entire life, the soup looked murky and dark but for the sake of a baby, I must eat it! During then, a short trip to Taipei followed as it was my hubby's birthday. I guess the tuning of the body and relaxed mind helped.. discovered that i was preggie in a GP as I thought I had stomach flu. My little one is 6 months old now.

Apologies for the lengthy background but its better to start asap. Go for the IVF and try to keep your mind relaxed as much as you can :) As you've shared, your brothers are not married, they could play a greater role in caring for your mom while you fulfil your mum's wish of being a grandmom.

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!
Hi Maw,

Finally your wish come true :)
May I know which day after AF you consume ba zhen ??

Hi Char Mee
Thanks for your information. May I know how many cycle did u take too see ovulation results ?
Is your menses regular ? My menses is not regular.. Waiting AF to come is killing me slowly... 2 days ago went to GP to request for medicine to induce my period as today is my CD 42...Initially wanted my AF to come so that can start my letrozole... But my GP did not want to give. She said it will be a false AF..not real one..really confusing now.. T.T
My cycles are regular n I do ovulate, just that fertility Drs want to ensure timing n egg growths. But I hv friends who were like you with irregular cycles. Took clomid or letrozole to regulate b4 iui n succeeded. Suggest that you be patient & wait your AF. Irregular cycles are usually not a major obstacle, just need medications to time it well.

My cycles are regular n I do ovulate, just that fertility Drs want to ensure timing n egg growths. But I hv friends who were like you with irregular cycles. Took clomid or letrozole to regulate b4 iui n succeeded. Suggest that you be patient & wait your AF. Irregular cycles are usually not a major obstacle, just need medications to time it well.
Thank you Char Mee.. Feel better now :)

Hello, anyone know wat food to eat or things to do can induce AF? I only heard like orange juice/massage...

Cooling stuff for me. I took canned coconut juice to induce AF during my last cycle to catch the timing of transfer (avoid cny). May not be a healthy method.

Why do you want to induce AF?

Hi Happypeanuts, Gg for iVF for may cycle but I have v long cycle like 60days so hope my AF can come early Abit so I can pre alert my boss for the HL, Thanks for ur advice :)

Hi Happypeanuts, Gg for iVF for may cycle but I have v long cycle like 60days so hope my AF can come early Abit so I can pre alert my boss for the HL, Thanks for ur advice :)
Actually do u know when u o? Which cd? Because LP is fixed one meaning if u o late then ur af will only come x number of days after u o. So is not healthy to attempt to induce af. Second reason is did u test for pregnancy? Unless u confirm that ur 100% not pregnant, is not safe to attempt to induce af. Gynae actually has pills that will help induce af if u fulfill both conditions above so u may wanna consider asking ur gynae if he can help u.

Hi Chloe_ng, today is my Cd 17, took OpK but is negative digital but can see mild double line, Shld be tis few more days, monitoring, no bd since last AF on 4apr so won't b preggy. No chance to see my Gnae or prescribe med as it is under subsidy then go ivf le.

Hi Chloe_ng, today is my Cd 17, took OpK but is negative digital but can see mild double line, Shld be tis few more days, monitoring, no bd since last AF on 4apr so won't b preggy. No chance to see my Gnae or prescribe med as it is under subsidy then go ivf le.
Eh so qiao Im also cd 17. Cycling 7 May.

I only got 7 follicles from 5.5 to 15.5. Doc mentioned tat i had to hit at least 16, but even if retrieve also nt vr gd. :( also wan me do some more blood test on mon. Hai..

Already started accu one month wif dr zou b4 ivf n eat 2-3 eggs per day, but still no progress.. tink mayb is bcos of my age.:rolleyes:

tks for yr encourging.. :)
Xtah maybe you can increase egg whites to 5 a day. What stim and stim day r u in. Can they up your fsh dosage for egg growth. Dont worry you will have eggs. The E2 blood test is a good one to estimate no of eggs.

I only got 7 follicles from 5.5 to 15.5. Doc mentioned tat i had to hit at least 16, but even if retrieve also nt vr gd. :( also wan me do some more blood test on mon. Hai..

Already started accu one month wif dr zou b4 ivf n eat 2-3 eggs per day, but still no progress.. tink mayb is bcos of my age.:rolleyes:

tks for yr encourging.. :)
Xtah maybe you can increase egg whites to 5 a day. What stim and stim day r u in. Can they up your fsh dosage for egg growth. Dont worry you will have eggs. The E2 blood test is a good one to estimate no of eggs.

Anyone interested FOC?

21st century DHEA 25mg, 90 capsules, sealed. Plus one bottle opened less than half consumed. Expiry 3/2017

Utrogestan 100mg, Strip of 15 tablets, 4 sealed strips, expiry 2/2017

Puregon pen used

Crinone 8% vaginal insert, 10 sticks, expiry 2/2017

Pycnogenol, Healthy Origins, opened probably around 30 capsules left. Exp 2/2016

Will mail them out.

Update: all taken except puregon pen.

Last edited:
Hi sisters anyone er or et this week plz. Just wanna know cycle buddies :). Am on day 6 of stim and this morning started runny nose and sore throat. Scared stiff and worried. Anyone had flu during stim and wat did you do pls? My scan is tomorrow so Will be going kk tomorrow to ask doc as well. The weather isnt helping at all:(

Hi, I m going for ER tmr, 1st time IVF. Have 2 failed IUI previously and I hv PCOS so hopefully the eggs quality is good this time. Btw when do we decide if we r going for blast or 2/3 day trf, was it after ER? So far the review doc at KKH didn't mention anything on it.

Hi, I m going for ER tmr, 1st time IVF. Have 2 failed IUI previously and I hv PCOS so hopefully the eggs quality is good this time. Btw when do we decide if we r going for blast or 2/3 day trf, was it after ER? So far the review doc at KKH didn't mention anything on it.
All the best for ER gal. Only at ET will know what day transfer.

Last edited:

you'll have to go kkh to prepare for ET 2/3 days after ER. In the room, when you get ready with a full bladder and change into a sarong for bottom,Dr will advise whether to do a ET that day, or to aim for Blastocyst.

If for blastocyst, go kkh 2/3 days later, and Dr will advise whether blastocysts are successful and if yes, will do ET. Also need to prepare for full bladder and wear sarong before seeing Dr.

Thx for the info. I m super stun during the last review and did not ask the Dr abt it. Esp after she told me that she might be freezing all embryo (if there's any) due to high risk OHSS.

Anyone interested FOC?

21st century DHEA 25mg, 90 capsules, sealed. Plus one bottle opened less than half consumed. Expiry 3/2017

Utrogestan 100mg, Strip of 15 tablets, 4 sealed strips, expiry 2/2017

Puregon pen used

Crinone 8% vaginal insert, 10 sticks, expiry 2/2017

Pycnogenol, Healthy Origins, opened probably around 30 capsules left. Exp 2/2016

Will mail them out.
Update: all taken except Puregon Pen. Good luck, everyone!

LOL. This came off funny and sad. It's true that KKH puts us through this ordeal in this nonsensical sequence. Why not spare us of the full bladder if Dr recommend blastocyst?
Sad because last weekend while waiting for my ET, a lady threw up lots of water. She had downed so much water she could drink no more and yet her bladder was nowhere full. dear Mom - to - be, you have my respect and we'll wishes

you'll have to go kkh to prepare for ET 2/3 days after ER. In the room, when you get ready with a full bladder and change into a sarong for bottom,Dr will advise whether to do a ET that day, or to aim for Blastocyst.

LOL. This came off funny and sad. It's true that KKH puts us through this ordeal in this nonsensical sequence. Why not spare us of the full bladder if Dr recommend blastocyst?
Sad because last weekend while waiting for my ET, a lady threw up lots of water. She had downed so much water she could drink no more and yet her bladder was nowhere full. dear Mom - to - be, you have my respect and we'll wishes

I always think this arrangement is for the convenience of Dr- pts get all ready so as not too waste Dr's time. it will be so devastating for pts who prepared with full bladder, sarong, sitting on the 'operation chair' and be told that no transfer to be done and cycle has to be cancelled.

Sisters, I need help on natural FET. I'm starting my first FET at kkh, scanning starts this week.

After which scans do we have to wait to see Dr? the later ones?

Dr Sadhana said we don't have to wait to see Dr, can ask nurse to call us to convey when we sd come for the next scan. But i forgot to ask which nurse she's referring to- the scan one or the reception. the Dr one will not be available till Dr'd office opens at 8.30am.

Thanks in advance :)

hi @aarlysa Hope your Tokyo trip went well. Sorry to hear about your mom.

I am in similar situation as the only married daughter with 2 unmarried brothers. I have a #1 (through IVF) and trying for #2 (also via IVF). My mom had a health scare last year and I was running in/out hospital for herself and for myself (IVF jabs/scans/tests etc). It was a stressful period but no choice, bite the bullet. My mom was hospitalized and out of action for 2 months in Aug/Sep. My Sep/Oct IVF was a BFP but ended up in m/c at 12 weeks (Dec). I am now re-awaiting for my next FET and the clock is ticking towards 40 :( My husband tells me that I'm spreading myself too thin in life, family and work. Thinking back on it, I wouldn't have done things differently. I'd still have proceeded with IVF knowing my mom's condition. I am not the sort who want to wait for the most optimum conditions before attempting. I believe life is what it is, throwing things at you and we need to make the best of it.

The only difference is this is your first IVF, which is not for the faint-hearted as you'd have learnt from fellow sisters out here. I don't know your mom's prognosis. However, if you were to shoulder a lot of her care and decisions, this could be a very difficult time for you ahead. Going in for IVF could really add to your emotional stress. If you do decide to go for IVF as planned, please arm yourself with good support from your brothers for your mother's care and good support from your husband for IVF. Also try to make arrangements for other aspects eg work if these are stress factors. Good luck and all the best.

@bunnymuimui ,
My tokyo trip was great, but tiring from all the walks which was expected prior to the trip. :)

Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she's doing well now. & I'm very sorry to hear about ur m/c too. It must be hard on you. *hugs* My mum has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer & it has spread to parts of her bones. She seems ok after her 1st chemo. I'm pretty sure she's hiding all the pain from us.

I understand that IVF will be very emotionally stressful but looking at how brave my mum is handling her battle, i too have to be as strong as her to overcome my battle.

Saying that, I guess we women are made to be strong so that we can go through all the tests given to us smoothly. I dont think the men can handle as well as the women. Hahahahha!

Will be taking my jabs this friday so by May, i should have a bun in the oven! (Trying to be positive here but only God knows my feeling. LOL)

Good luck on ur FET!!

Sisters, I need help on natural FET. I'm starting my first FET at kkh, scanning starts this week.

Dr Sadhana said we don't have to wait to see Dr, can ask nurse to call us to convey when we sd come for the next scan. But i forgot to ask which nurse she's referring to- the scan one or the reception. the Dr one will not be available till Dr'd office opens at 8.30am.

Oh.. I didn't know about that. For my natural FET last month, they just ask me to wait for doctor on duty Q.

Hi I'm with KKH. I was reviewed by doc after every scan. If you want to skip review and wait for nurse call, then you can leave an instruction with the nurse in the scan room.

Good luck on your journey. Waiting for your good news.

@bunnymuimui ,
My tokyo trip was great, but tiring from all the walks which was expected prior to the trip. :)

Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she's doing well now. & I'm very sorry to hear about ur m/c too. It must be hard on you. *hugs* My mum has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer & it has spread to parts of her bones. She seems ok after her 1st chemo. I'm pretty sure she's hiding all the pain from us.

I understand that IVF will be very emotionally stressful but looking at how brave my mum is handling her battle, i too have to be as strong as her to overcome my battle.

Saying that, I guess we women are made to be strong so that we can go through all the tests given to us smoothly. I dont think the men can handle as well as the women. Hahahahha!

Will be taking my jabs this friday so by May, i should have a bun in the oven! (Trying to be positive here but only God knows my feeling. LOL)

Good luck on ur FET!!

Indeed. A friend, with newborn hearing problems, commented that KKH is doc-centric/convenient, compared to other private practices.
I've been fortunate that I've had positive experiences thus far and would rather stay with KKH than navigate a new system.

I always think this arrangement is for the convenience of Dr- pts get all ready so as not too waste Dr's time. it will be so devastating for pts who prepared with full bladder, sarong, sitting on the 'operation chair' and be told that no transfer to be done and cycle has to be cancelled.

Back