Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Is okay to be "bad" during that period. Haha. Just don know why my sickness always starts to fall in late afternoon and later. Feel always uncomfortable at night.. Sigh....:(

In the morning and Afternoon, I'm just like normal... :)
Chubby, same as me. Always happen afternoon onwards so I always make it a point to have good bfast before my bad appetite kicks in. Towards evening I will feel so bloated tat I hardly can eat. Just try to take small meals in between. Towards my last trimester I can only eat 1 meal a day then I snack thru it so tat I still make myself had something in..
Towards the end I feel so bloated tat I cannot sit not stand nor lie properly until I feel like kicking my dh butt..lol

Nice to hear from u again and gd to know both of u are doing well. Bond btw baby and mummy is always v special and irreplacable! Ur baby likes to go out and meet ppl? Sounds so guai of her :) hope my bb can also be like tt...
I n glad I took 12 weeks ml n the remaining ml I clear as I like thru the year. At least when I feel like spending time w her I just apply .. Cos as bb older she recognise mummy n papa, giving u the smile n open her hands n legs welcome u after work. It's so shiok to feel so wanted by bb.
I feel first 3 mths anyone can handle bb cos they not so sticky to mummy yet.my dh was able to handle n coax her to slp but I realized 4 mths onwards she no longer wants him tat much when she wants to slp. I always laugh at dh cos he got no boobs for her to cuddle nicely..

I managed to ask my Dr last Sat. He said to count with reference to the date of ET + 2 weeks (time needed for conception). He shared that the Westerners will tend to use the first date of last missed menstrual period.

Dear ladies, I am feeling down as I just had my scan showing a singleton. I am absolutely grateful for having one but perhaps the initial high hcg level raised my hopes of having twins. Perhaps, the thought of having to go through a second round yet sometime in the future at an even older age daunted me, in face of the realities of uncertainty of success, work, time and further missed opportunities. My sister had twins and I was hoping that this would happen to me. Nonetheless, now I realised that my body could only take one, as I continue to lose weight and still spotting even after a jab on Sat. I am beginning not to take things for granted and realised that every body is different.

I haven't even bought the baby stuffs how to wash... Haha.

Good luck on packing ur place ;) when there is a will there is a way.... Try not to do too late when u are really heavy...
got a part time maid to come over every mon&fri starting today ..can't wait! will do a little a day..

u can try shopping online or assign ur hubby go buy things u shortlisted hehe

Dear ladies, I am feeling down as I just had my scan showing a singleton. I am absolutely grateful for having one but perhaps the initial high hcg level raised my hopes of having twins. Perhaps, the thought of having to go through a second round yet sometime in the future at an even older age daunted me, in face of the realities of uncertainty of success, work, time and further missed opportunities. My sister had twins and I was hoping that this would happen to me. Nonetheless, now I realised that my body could only take one, as I continue to lose weight and still spotting even after a jab on Sat. I am beginning not to take things for granted and realised that every body is different.

@Best Fertility Friend , how many weeks are you now? my initial scan @ week 7 showed as singleton as well, but showed as twins in the scan 2 weeks later. regardless 1 or 2, it is still a blessing for us :)

@Best Fertility Friend , how many weeks are you now? my initial scan @ week 7 showed as singleton as well, but showed as twins in the scan 2 weeks later. regardless 1 or 2, it is still a blessing for us :)
Congratulations to you :) Thank you for sharing. I agree with you 1 or 2, it is already a huge blessing. I am at week 6. Dr shared on the possibility that it might split into 2, but also warned of ectopic for the other emby that didn't make it. So, really have to stay contented.

Congratulations to you :) Thank you for sharing. I agree with you 1 or 2, it is already a huge blessing. I am at week 6. Dr shared on the possibility that it might split into 2, but also warned of ectopic for the other emby that didn't make it. So, really have to stay contented.
dont stress and dont read too much into it :) remains cheerful and 1 or 2 is a good blessing.

@Best Fertility Friend for us ivfers hv different way to count edd..u might want to try here http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php

dun worry..just rest well and stay calm as possible ..some ladies bleed thru their 1st trimester or some even beyond ..their bbs are fine ..

btw..how young are u? u are rather lucky to bfp in ur 2nd try..
Thank you for your assurance and share of link. Haha.. I am 36... I am grateful for the bfp.

Hello ladies! Wanna ask the Mummies in second & third trimester...when did u feel ur baby/babies move?

I'm starting 17 weeks this week & I'm sad I cannot feel anythg. Some are telling me it's too soon but I so want to feel my babies. Each passing day tht I don't feel anythg I feel worried.... Paranoid much? Heh.

Chubby, same as me. Always happen afternoon onwards so I always make it a point to have good bfast before my bad appetite kicks in. Towards evening I will feel so bloated tat I hardly can eat. Just try to take small meals in between. Towards my last trimester I can only eat 1 meal a day then I snack thru it so tat I still make myself had something in..
Towards the end I feel so bloated tat I cannot sit not stand nor lie properly until I feel like kicking my dh butt..lol

Must be tough on you during the period. Sigh,, guess I just have to stick to the routine similar to yours.

Every time, after eating I will have lots of gases and stomach feel bloated especially at night... Just kept on drinking pocari sweat, ribena to deal with my thirst....

Really hope it will disappear one day.

Hello ladies! Wanna ask the Mummies in second & third trimester...when did u feel ur baby/babies move?

I'm starting 17 weeks this week & I'm sad I cannot feel anythg. Some are telling me it's too soon but I so want to feel my babies. Each passing day tht I don't feel anythg I feel worried.... Paranoid much? Heh.

17wks indeed too early to feel baby movement. I start to feel gentle kick when i'm on 20wks. So don't worry you will feel your baby movement soon.

U will feel ur bb tapping at around week 20

Dear ladies, is anyone a fan of Marmite? It's a childhood food and I love the porridge as long as it has Marmite in it. Wondering if anyone knows if it would be safe to take Marmite during pregnancy, since it is a form of yeast but it has got lots of nutritional value though.

Dear ladies, how are you all starting your day each day? My body engine hasn't been starting well since I stopped caffeine (coffee, milo). I almost wanted to start on Horlicks but realised that it consists of palm oil which is unhealthy. The Jacob biscuits that I took already consist of palm oil, so I was hoping to cut down on unhealthy oil. Thought of drinking milk now, but since only very early in my 1st Tri, read in a forum that it is best not to take milk in 1st Tri.

BFF, I used to have the same thinking as you in term of work, success etc.. however, you perhaps can just think in this way... the success in whatever your LO will have in future... will be your success, sense of achievement as well. I think that is what mothers always do... willingness to sacrifice for their LO... oops.. of course include papa too..haha.

Let's pray everything is fine and well for the 9 months journey for the time being. Well.. I will try for my 2nd one after a good rest for a year.. ... all the mtbs.... Gambatte!

Dear ladies, how are you all starting your day each day? My body engine hasn't been starting well since I stopped caffeine (coffee, milo). I almost wanted to start on Horlicks but realised that it consists of palm oil which is unhealthy. The Jacob biscuits that I took already consist of palm oil, so I was hoping to cut down on unhealthy oil. Thought of drinking milk now, but since only very early in my 1st Tri, read in a forum that it is best not to take milk in 1st Tri.

Today, I have a full but not really healthy breakfast.. Fried Bee Hoon, Fish Fillet and Fried Egg.. sudden crave plus super hungry as I had my dinner pretty early around 4 - 5pm... After which, I can mostly drink...

I think as long in moderation, should be fine.. I hope my bb wont be picky in his/her food intake in future... Just hope.

3 more weeks to go for you. :)

Am now looking at the Korean Asia Pears at the supermarket.. Big and Juicy.... this will be my dinner for tonight...

Can we drink honey? I feel got the urge to drink water with honey especially nowadays is super duper hot.... been sweating like a fountain....normal? I afraid of dehydration....

Last edited:
BFF, I used to have the same thinking as you in term of work, success etc.. however, you perhaps can just think in this way... the success in whatever your LO will have in future... will be your success, sense of achievement as well. I think that is what mothers always do... willingness to sacrifice for their LO... oops.. of course include papa too..haha.

Let's pray everything is fine and well for the 9 months journey for the time being. Well.. I will try for my 2nd one after a good rest for a year.. ... all the mtbs.... Gambatte!
Thank you for shining your words of wisdom on me.

Today, I have a full but not really healthy breakfast.. Fried Bee Hoon, Fish Fillet and Fried Egg.. sudden crave plus super hungry as I had my dinner pretty early around 4 - 5pm... After which, I can mostly drink...

I think as long in moderation, should be fine.. I hope my bb wont be picky in his/her food intake in future... Just hope.
That is true. I think in trying to eat healthy, my taste buds seemed to have migrated somewhere.

That is true. I think in trying to eat healthy, my taste buds seemed to have migrated somewhere.
Try to eat something at least.. we need to energy to provide whatever necessary for embryo development.... despite unhealthy eating sometimes as we can find healthy food abit bland... not motivated to eat more....

Are you staying put with KKH?

hi ladies

i am running a little of flu symptoms, sniffing nose + a bit of sore throat. any one knows if i can talk Redoxon vitamin C water tablets. no time to go to GP today due to conference call...

hi ladies

i am running a little of flu symptoms, sniffing nose + a bit of sore throat. any one knows if i can talk Redoxon vitamin C water tablets. no time to go to GP today due to conference call...
read somewhere : although it's prudent not to take mega-doses of vitamin C when you're pregnant. Some studies show that taking too much vitamin C in the form of supplements during pregnancy may increase the risk of preterm birth, and there are rare reports of babies born with scurvy (a severe vitamin C deficiency) to expectant moms who took vitamin C supplements. Excessive vitamin C can also upset your stomach.

I also felt bb movement quite late, ard 20 wks. Dun worry yeah, as long as they're growing healthily! :)

I n glad I took 12 weeks ml n the remaining ml I clear as I like thru the year. At least when I feel like spending time w her I just apply .. Cos as bb older she recognise mummy n papa, giving u the smile n open her hands n legs welcome u after work. It's so shiok to feel so wanted by bb.
I feel first 3 mths anyone can handle bb cos they not so sticky to mummy yet.my dh was able to handle n coax her to slp but I realized 4 mths onwards she no longer wants him tat much when she wants to slp. I always laugh at dh cos he got no boobs for her to cuddle nicely..
@dolly_gal For the remaining 4 wks ml, we have to take in 1 wk block isit? Cannot take as individual days rite?
Ur bb is so cute! My fren oso told me her bb gal prefers her than her hubby haha.. and I thot bb gal would b closer to hubby.
I am soooo looking forward to seeing my bb gal :) but dreading the delivery process.... haha.

@dolly_gal For the remaining 4 wks ml, we have to take in 1 wk block isit? Cannot take as individual days rite?
Ur bb is so cute! My fren oso told me her bb gal prefers her than her hubby haha.. and I thot bb gal would b closer to hubby.
I am soooo looking forward to seeing my bb gal :) but dreading the delivery process.... haha.
My hr said no need to clear 1 week block. Can clear day by day..
Part of my reason taking 12 weeks ml as bcos no transport n hp allowance during ml n yet I m still reading emails n ans sales call. So I rather go bk early n have the monthly transport allowance.
Actually pregnancy n delivery I feel still ok n smooth but the sudden change of in laws or family over excited w bb n comes visit daily, makes me overwhelmed. It's like a sudden privacy invasion in our little home seeing in laws daily from morning till nite.can't breastfeed as I like, have to stay in my own room to maintain my last privacy cos FIL in living room. Many things happen in the first 2 mths resulted me n dh some conflicts over his parents n my family . Guess I wasn't tat prepared afterall at that point of time

I felt my girl at 17weeks 4 days :) it was like very light tappings and lasted ard 3-4mins..if u are busy at work might not even notice it..cos for me it happened at 9pm+ I was laying on my bed..but for my boy slightly a few days later..then now not much felt from girl cos her placenta is in front ..making it a cushion to absorb the subtle flutters /taps

if u hv not feel it yet maybe cos of the position of your placentas..but when later when ur bbs grow and bones harder can feel much more...just like the other day I was munching on toast bread and my girl kicked me so hard it made me drop my toast and left me in a tad shock lololol :p

No, haven't started at all, thinking of doing only in early or mid May, hope not too late.. Have u started washing? How abt packing hospital bag?
yesterday I sorted out those pre-loved clothes for smaller sized/new born ones..and cut away tags etc. Today washed all muslin swaddle cloth and blankets and changing mats :) Used kodomo washing detergent and now whole house smells like bb :) not pack the bags yet..thinking to wash the bags tomorrow 1st..

anyone attended close friend's family wake, visit someone in hospital or attend full mth ceremony during this period ?

Try to eat something at least.. we need to energy to provide whatever necessary for embryo development.... despite unhealthy eating sometimes as we can find healthy food abit bland... not motivated to eat more....

I started my TTC journey with KKH but didn't get a suitable Dr then and thus changed to TFC till now. Haven't worked out my sums yet. Hope to plan further after crossing the 1st milestone. How about you?

@Best Fertility Friend I added both marmite and brovil to my beef/chicken porridge ..tasted really good esp since our taste buds rather metallic during early trimester ..

Metallic is the word! I am resuming Marmite today. It has been terrible forcing myself to eat and to bear with the next 2 hours of bloating/burping/acid reflux, and before knowing, the next meal is supposed to be in. Lol... I used to love eating.

hi ladies

Drink more warm water. As for Vitamin C, can take but I didn't think well of effervescent because of its salty after-taste. Maybe, you can drop by any Pharmacy to request for standby medicine. Rub some Vicks may help to clear the passage.

Dear ladies, do you have problems with drinking water? Water seemed to worsen my digestion. I try to mix blueberry concentrate with water but found it too acidic for my stomach such that I got achy. I was searching Pocari but they encouraged preggies to drink water.

Metallic is the word! I am resuming Marmite today. It has been terrible forcing myself to eat and to bear with the next 2 hours of bloating/burping/acid reflux, and before knowing, the next meal is supposed to be in. Lol... I used to love eating.
just hang in there..1st trimester will be over before you know it and then 2nd trimester you'll be a foodie again lol..some mtbs in my june edd thread went on to have 5 big meals a day+snacks! hats off!

anyone attended close friend's family wake, visit someone in hospital or attend full mth ceremony during this period ?
I visited my dad for a short while in icu..I wore mask and disinfected my hands and arms very well. Upon reaching home I shampooed and bath with pomelo leaves+flowers..

Dear ladies, do you have problems with drinking water? Water seemed to worsen my digestion. I try to mix blueberry concentrate with water but found it too acidic for my stomach such that I got achy. I was searching Pocari but they encouraged preggies to drink water.
Yes...I just put a slide of lemon into water...better than plain water..but still can not drink sufficient water I think...but can not help..I am 13 wks already..Every night after dinner there is a vomit waiting. ..hahhahah...

For me I stay put coz my gynae doc tan has my case study frm the start so see no point to change. N I'm happy to be under him

I visit frien when she give birth n also attend full mth but nv attend wake at all. Not adviseable, I didn even go pray my mum during Qing Ming festival n the 7th mth. My first bb I want it to be totally safe n sound.

Back