Any good maid agency recommend?

Hi,

I can recommend Swift Arrow at Tampines branch . (East side ) .

Been engagee their service for almost 9 years. The officer in charge is good and strict lady .

West side , IMITIDAD Maid agency at IMM.
Recently just take up . So far no issue .

Hi mummies & daddies,

I have a ex maid looking for employment, she's is now in philippines.
She work for me 2 years, very obedient lady born in 1985.

Pro: She is good and patient with kids, fast & diligent in house work and not calculative
Con: Absent minded.. will forget this and that

Reason that she din continue with me bcos my demanding MIL.. as weekdays she will be with her and cannot stand her.. I do understand too..
If you like to employ her and save the agency fees, you can do the processing yourself..
She's looking at $580 with off days
Do PM me if you're keen.

My maid has found a employer, thanks for your interest

Last edited:
Anyone used Union United Maid Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre before? We saw a few profiles we kinda liked and wondering if we should proceed with them.

Hi mummies & daddies,

I have a ex maid looking for employment, she's is now in philippines.
She work for me 2 years, very obedient lady born in 1985.

Pro: She is good and patient with kids, fast & diligent in house work and not calculative
Con: Absent minded.. will forget this and that

Reason that she din continue with me bcos my demanding MIL.. as weekdays she will be with her and cannot stand her.. I do understand too..
If you like to employ her and save the agency fees, you can do the processing yourself..
She's looking at $580 with off days
Do PM me if you're keen.

Hi my maid has found a new employer. Thanks for yr interest!

Don't ever consider maids from 1st Allbest. Biodata not true. Maids were told they have to make up stories if they want to come to SG.

Hi mida,
I took my maid from faith employment agency at lucky plaza.
Happy with everything. The boss Monica trains the maid for 1 week at her own house before passing to employer so when my maid came, she not like some blur zombie.

But i told her priorty is baby and housework is secondary. I treat her like my family member and she can watch tv with us if there is nothing much to do. I think be nice to them and they will treat our kids well. :)
Hi mama Joanne, can pm me your agency contact? Thanx !

Anybody try hyperlink services at tanglin mall? How is their maid range n in charge? Can share with me the contact and the overall fees??

I would suggest not to go to Raffles Employment. Their service is not good. They are nice to you only till you get a maid from them. I end up having a very bad experience where I got a maid who happened to lie about everything and end up going back just in one months time. Agency has not done any of their job properly. She wasn't briefed about her responsibilities, she has not idea about anything. Later when my maid decided to go back agency is not even bothered to cancel her pass. They always have been lying about everything and proper information was not given to us. We had tough time getting things done even after paying so much to the agency. :(

Hi all

I would like to know how much $$ do I have to standby to hire a maid. is $3K enough? what about subsequent months, what are the things other than food & toiletries that I need to provide the helper? Not very sure on what is to hire a new maid or a transfer maid. Why is that some agencies fee can be as low as $200, but some as high as $1k over and heard from friends and colleagues that maid borrowed from agencies to come to Sg to work so employer need to pay back agency. Any affordable maid agency to recommend? I am living at the very west side of Sg.

@Annatherday,

I am afraid 3K may not be sufficient. I was about to change a maid next year and went to enquire about the costs of hiring fresh maids from my previous agency.

My agency used to charge me $488 for agency fees 3 years ago. Now, it has rose to $888 for fresh phil maids. For Myanmar maids, their agency fees and monthly pay will be lower but you need to be more patient with them. For Indo maids, my agent quoted me $1088!

On top of that, you need to pay for their medical insurance which is about $250 and the admin fees. The loan for maids about $3K. I remember my agent telling me to pay about $4K just to hire an ex-Myanmar.

I heard some agencies have very low fees but I am unsure what the catch is. I have shared in this forum before that one of my maids ran away after working 10 days with me. This agency transferred the loan to another maid once I selected the new maid. So at least, they did not give me alot of problems when it comes to money and when I went to them to replace my current maid, the agent gave me very good advice. He kept telling me to stick to my current maid as nowadays the quality of maids is not very good. So after his advice instead of earning $4K from me, he only earn a few hundreds (only documentation for passport and home leave) as I decided to stick to my old maid. (Note: Im not advertising for them)

So for me, I am abit skeptical if the fees are very low.

Thanks Chelsa1980 for your great advice.

I can say I am quite patient with people, intended to hire Myanmar maid but just worry that I cannot communicate with them if they do not understand simple English at all. Nevertheless, now at least I know roughly $4k is needed. I've heard from friends claiming $7k~$8k to be paid upfront, scares me off.

I have an Indonesian Helper (29 Yrs Old) who have been with us for 4 years now. We are relocating to Australia therefore we would like to transfer her. She helped to take care of my two children both from newborn till now they are 3 years old and 15 months old. Great cook and communicates well. Available end of Jan 2016. Can interview if want. Pls contact me 93290880.

Avoid The Branch maid agency! Horrible service! No communication between the operation side and the agency. They just wanna make $$. Ask me keep my old maid to let her transfer then throw the new maid into my house and delay her procedure with MOM. Finally cannot wait, ask me send back my old maid then forfeit my loan. Thumbprint with MOM scheduled three times, finally on the day, their car tyre puncture! File complain to their boss but no reply. Simply irresponsible! Really mad!

Hi mummies. Anyone took transfer maid before ?
Yes, I took before. The reason for employer transferring her was that her English was not good enough. Of course, I was not sure if the agent was lying in the first place. I had a face-to-face interview with the maid, personally quite like her, based on overall talking and her looks. So I took her up and she worked for me about 3 years plus before moving to HK to work. She is the best maid among all the maids that I have taken up so far, from year 2001, birth of my first kid. She took care of my son well. Housework and cooking all ok and she is a fast learner. She even called my eldest son and wished him happy birthday while she was working in Hong Kong. Sad to say, up to now, I have not find a maid as good as her.

Can anyone share if it's better to employ Filippino helpers or Indon? I had changed 2 helpers (1st one wanted to leave due to family prob, replacement maid was homesick and cry to go home everyday, currently having prob with the 3rd), all Indons and all giving me same problems in terms of work. Experienced Indons, they refused to follow instructions and do things their way. Fresh Indon i have to teach everything from scratch including the amt of oil needed to fry an egg + they cant speak english.

I approached 3 different agencies and seem like all recommend me to take Filippino (I didnt tell them I have a maid). They agree Filippinos are more vain but according to the agents they already give an advantage as they can speak better english, smarter and can eat pork. Even my friends who had Filippino maids also said they are better. But i nv thought of getting Filippinos as to me they are more outgoing? Anyone can share your opinions?

All along I have been using Indonesian Maids from Year 2001 till their salary kept increasing to the extent that I felt that I might as well try a Filipino. In comparison, I will think Filipino maid is easier to guide because of their English standard. But it is also due to their education level, that comparison is higher. She worked for me for about 6 months, cleared her loan and started to find excuses to go back. Initially talking about her unfair salary due to the agent lying to her. Based on her performance, I agreed to increase another $20 for her. Thereafter, she asked for carrying of her hand phone so that she could sms her son, then requesting for off days etc. And finally which was what I expected, told me she missed her son and wanted to go back. I sent her home after 9 months of work. But that was my one and only encounter with first Filipino maid. Currently, I am using Myanmar maid. She has worked for me one and a half year. This maid of mine quite obedient, not as bad as those people who have bad encounters with Myanmar maids. Maybe what my agent mentioned is true. To take a maid, choose those staying further away from city area, more kampung. Got good and bad. Less vain, less savvy thus more obedient. Bad is less hygiene and takes longer time to train.

I took an ex-sg Myanmar maid at relatives recommendations. They had been employing Filipinos mostly until lately. My helper can understand simple English and can hold a simple conversation. Most of them are very young and able to pick up things fast, only a matter if they are willing to learn or not. Hygiene levels acceptable but still can be improved if one wants to be picky.

I was originally planning on getting a new Myanmar maid but was advised against it by most agents I visited as the new maids mostly do not understand English. For a few dollars more per day, it's worth to employ an experienced helper.

Hi all

I would like to know how much $$ do I have to standby to hire a maid. is $3K enough? what about subsequent months, what are the things other than food & toiletries that I need to provide the helper? Not very sure on what is to hire a new maid or a transfer maid. Why is that some agencies fee can be as low as $200, but some as high as $1k over and heard from friends and colleagues that maid borrowed from agencies to come to Sg to work so employer need to pay back agency. Any affordable maid agency to recommend? I am living at the very west side of Sg.
Hi, just wondering if you are keen in a transfer maid? She is from Myanmar. If keen, you can email or pm me for more info about her. I can release her after chinese new year. It is fine if you have doubts about transfer maid. I have no issue with that as she has worked for me 1.5yrs. Let me know then.

I have a myanmar maid, who has worked for me for 1.5 yrs. Intending to transfer her out after Chinese New Year as I need to support 2 maids, one for myself and another for my mum-in-law, who had fallen down recently and fractured her arm. I thought to let her finish her contract then transfer her out to another employer to continue for another 2 yrs, but financially wise stressful at my end as I have 3 kids (Sec 3, Sec 2, Pri 5).

Some frank opinion on my maid: willing to learn and is the type who really want to work to earn a living. A little stubborn (trend of myanmar maids) but if you talk it out with her, she will still listen type. She does not like to cut her hair short but will tie it up when working. Forgetful and careless at times, so reminder and patience is required. No stealing money issue, so far so good on this. Her understanding and speaking of English is way better than when she just joined me, where I also had problem communicating with her initially. Cooking simple chinese food no issue. Hygiene wise average but still can be improved. Taking care of kids ok. Housework also ok.

Mummies out there who are keen, can email me at [email protected] to get more info. Don't worry, if my maid is the problematic type, I can just send her home after working for me 1.5 yrs. There is no need for me to help her find another employer. The issue with transfer maid only lies in no contract bonded but what I can say with my experience with maids from 2001 till now, there are many more maids worse than her. After their loan finishes, u will tend to hear stories and then goodbye...

Hi all,

I'm looking out for good transfer maid (Filipino, indo, myanmar all OK). Kindly pm me if you intend to let go of ur helper due to personal reasons. Not in a hurry. Can take in as fast as Feb or as late as may/June.

Thank you. :)

Hi all,

I'm looking out for good transfer maid (Filipino, indo, myanmar all OK). Kindly pm me if you intend to let go of ur helper due to personal reasons. Not in a hurry. Can take in as fast as Feb or as late as may/June.

Thank you. :)

Hi, what are your expectations for the transfer maid? Housework, looking after kids, elderly etc?

I intend to let my Filippino maid go in June as my previous helper wants to return. Her contract ends in March 2017.
She's quite gd in housework and currently helping my mum to look after my 3 yo child.
However, the most she's been left alone with my child is about 4-5 hrs. Cooking wise only chinese soup, porridge/rice for kids with steamed dishes, simple stir fried dishes. She only cooks for children on weekends.

Hi everyone, I am looking for an HONEST Filipino maid who has previous experience as a domestic helper. There are only 3 of us in the house, no elders or babies or young children. No special expectations except that she can cook well and manage the house independently. She will be left alone much of the time, decent meals is our priority.

Hi any good maids to recommend? I am looking for an Indonesian or Myanmar maid dat can speak and understand English. Any good agencies to recommend also w/ not do high agency fees n total lesser den 4k. I have a toddler in childcare n mil looking after my 5months old Bb. She stay away from me on weekdays but I intend to take her back this yr. Maybe enrol in infant care till I trust the maid to look after her. I Wana work full-time but sometimes can't go back in time due to clinic overrun. Prefer an experienced one. Kindly contact me at 83224850 for any queries. Thank you

Hi, what are your expectations for the transfer maid? Housework, looking after kids, elderly etc?

I intend to let my Filippino maid go in June as my previous helper wants to return. Her contract ends in March 2017.
She's quite gd in housework and currently helping my mum to look after my 3 yo child.
However, the most she's been left alone with my child is about 4-5 hrs. Cooking wise only chinese soup, porridge/rice for kids with steamed dishes, simple stir fried dishes. She only cooks for children on weekends.

K hi u still have da maid? Can go n see how she perform?

I have a maid whom I am helping to arrange a transfer for. Main reason is that my mom wants to quit to look after our #2 at home herself so there is no need for a maid anymore. No wish to send her back to PH since she has done quite alright for us since last August/September so we want to try and find her a good landing spot if possible.

Main duties to-date: (i) take care of babies (2 year old and 5 month old) when we bring them back from infant and child care centres, (ii) complete household chores during the day when no one is around, (iii) general assistance when we go out with the babies, and (iv) cooking for 2 year old baby. We do let her take care of our baby up to a maximum of three hours, i.e. just her and baby alone, from time to time.

Strengths: (i) quite hardworking, (ii) cares for our babies, (iii) able to follow vast majority of instructions, (iv) honest so far, (v) can understand English quite well.
Weaknesses: (i) needs reminding from time to time, (ii) responds better to instructions than taking own initiative

Please PM me if you are keen. We can share more and possibly work something out.

Hi. I m looking for Indonesian maid. Pls let me know if u hv anyone to tsf. Her main duty is to take care of 2 kids- 4yrs & 2yrs. 4yrs in fullday cc. Reading & engage in activities w them. Do basic house core & will be good if can cook. Honest & no stealing. Thks..

I have a maid whom I am helping to arrange a transfer for. Main reason is that my mom wants to quit to look after our #2 at home herself so there is no need for a maid anymore. No wish to send her back to PH since she has done quite alright for us since last August/September so we want to try and find her a good landing spot if possible.

Main duties to-date: (i) take care of babies (2 year old and 5 month old) when we bring them back from infant and child care centres, (ii) complete household chores during the day when no one is around, (iii) general assistance when we go out with the babies, and (iv) cooking for 2 year old baby. We do let her take care of our baby up to a maximum of three hours, i.e. just her and baby alone, from time to time.

Strengths: (i) quite hardworking, (ii) cares for our babies, (iii) able to follow vast majority of instructions, (iv) honest so far, (v) can understand English quite well.
Weaknesses: (i) needs reminding from time to time, (ii) responds better to instructions than taking own initiative

Please PM me if you are keen. We can share more and possibly work something out.
Hi Richiemccaw,

I had pm you.

Hi, had pmed you.

Hi, had pmed you.

Hi, I'm also looking for good transfer maid for taking care for my 2 gals( 5yo n 8yo). Can cook chinese food and do household chores. Pls pm and Whatsapp me at 96418562. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all, I am looking for a good transfer maid to take care of my newborn which will be coming in September. I would also like her to do some cleaning and cooking. Looking for reliable ones, can start anytime from June onwards. No stealing and dishonesty please. If any, please message me at +6587982170 if interested. Small household.

Hi all, just wondering what time do maid agencies close during weekdays and weekends? I'm wondering if I need to take time off from work to visit them.

Hi, Can anyone advise me the cost of hiring a maid in SG nowadays? Looking for a reliable one for my newborn edd july. But will need her to join our family earlier so that we can get training done.

Would you allow a maid to take cafe of a newborn or would you rather bring your newborn to an infant care? Heard of too many horror stories about maids abusing babies :(

To take care of my newborn, there will be my mil and hubby to take turn looking over the helper. Mil works in the evening, before she leave house hubby will have reach home from work. So they can monitor:)

To take care of my newborn, there will be my mil and hubby to take turn looking over the helper. Mil works in the evening, before she leave house hubby will have reach home from work. So they can monitor:)

In your case I think it is okay to get a maid. Since there is someone at home to monitor the maid.

I mentioned in another thread that we paid about $2.4k for commission, insurance premiums and work permit application fee. This was for a transfer maid.

For monthly salary, we are paying her about $500, plus another $60 to buy out 3 off-days. You should consider how much you would spend on feeding her, such as buying food from outside or buying food for her to cook. Also need to think about her transport costs when you bring her out with the family, plus cost of toiletries.

Hi all,

I'm also looking for a transfer maid. Anyone has any good one to let go or transfer? If anyone has very good and reliable maid agency to refer, please PM me too.

Back