(2015/11) Nov 2015 Mummies

Mummies, is it ok to do neck and shoulder massage at 11 weeks? My neck has been very painful for a few days now causing me to have bad headaches. Really cant take it..

Mummies, is it ok to do neck and shoulder massage at 11 weeks? My neck has been very painful for a few days now causing me to have bad headaches. Really cant take it..
I did a neck, shoulder and back massage last week at kenko. I think its fine but be sure to let the therapist know so that she will be gentle when doing the back. I did it sitting up so no pressure on the tummy.

Erm I was told by many cannot do massage during preg lah, so I never do any massage during my #1. Only hub help to massage lightly here n there.

I'm back.. Rather busi at work recently hence no time to read or reply to u gals...
My tum tum is still flat, just that i feel bloated all the time & puke whenever i go toilet...

I've changed my OSCAR to Harmony test after reading about it online and thru friends. I am scheduled to do Harmony test, Pre-clampsia & NT scan (for bb's neck & head) on the 12 wks.

Do you all need to do so many scan & test with Harmony test? Think it's due to my age that y i need to do so many tests again....

Hmmm is Oscar = NT test?
I will be doing both Oscar and Harmony test... Waiting for next week to arrive to take my blood and then another 2 - 3 weeks for scan and another round of blood test...
Mind sharing how much you all have spend and where are you doing the tests?

Oscar is blood test plus nt scan, harmony test got no scanning. My harmony cost $900. Forgot to ask my nt scan at Thomson cost how much.

Harmony got no scan so better to add nt scan. Think if do harmony dun need do Oscar.
Oic happymok. I'm still think should I go for Oscar + NT scan or straight go to harmony test.
Scare later fail the Oscar then must waste another money for harmony test =P

Heard many got false positive doing Oscar n since harmony is 99% accurate I once n for all do harmony. Anyone know the cost for Thomson nt scan??

Heard many got false positive doing Oscar n since harmony is 99% accurate I once n for all do harmony. Anyone know the cost for Thomson nt scan??
I still not sure price depends on gynae or depends which hospital we go to.
Mine is $1200++ for harmony test with NT scan. Both tie up as a bundle. Will be doing my test at Thomson.
Happymok does your price $900+ include or exclude NT scan?

I get stomach pain when I'm hungry but after my meal I will feel like vomiting. And I can't be hungy otherwise I would get impatience n angry.
My main problem now is constipation so I eat alot guava, berries, vegetables, yogurt drink n prune juice. I heard it's not good to drink too much cold stuff but yogurt drink can't be taken warm. So usually i leave it outside the fridge to let it uncool for awhile before I drink it hopefully it would be okay this way. Anyone here drinks cold drink like yogurt, yakult to reduce constipation?

Mine is $1200++ for harmony test with NT scan. Both tie up as a bundle. Will be doing my test at Thomson.
It's only the harmony test. I forgot to ask the price of nt scan. I think less than $300 at Thomson.

It's only the harmony test. I forgot to ask the price of nt scan. I think less than $300 at Thomson.
I see. I think roughly it would sum up about my price then.

Were you scanned first before drawing blood for harmony test? Do you feel dizzy after the blood drawn? I'm going alone so would like to know if I can get home on my own after drawing 3 tubes of blood.

I did a neck, shoulder and back massage last week at kenko. I think its fine but be sure to let the therapist know so that she will be gentle when doing the back. I did it sitting up so no pressure on the tummy.
I actually thought of going already then I read that there are some pressure points near the shoulders so not advisable to do during 1st tri. In the end I just took panadol.. =/
Erm I was told by many cannot do massage during preg lah, so I never do any massage during my #1. Only hub help to massage lightly here n there.
Yup i got my hubby to massage lightly too then just put some axe oil n took panadol. Felt much better but today the pain is back sighh.. Cant wait to get to 2nd tri and go for a massage!

Oh.... So none of u need to do pre-eclampsia scan ahr? I not sure the preeclampsia scan test & the NT scan cost how much. Only know the harmony test is abt $1300-1400 at TMC.

I googled on the cost of Oscar at Thomson clinic in Novena Medical Ctr since Im going there next week.. Looks like it costs ard $300 or $320. The package which includes Oscar and detailed scan at 20weeks costs ard $480. Not sure if it's more ex to pay separately or what.. hmm

I aso go to Thomson med Ctr leh, how come ur pricing is cheaper.. Think I must ask the nurse when I see them 2 wks later. When r u doing ahr?

I get stomach pain when I'm hungry but after my meal I will feel like vomiting. And I can't be hungy otherwise I would get impatience n angry.
My main problem now is constipation so I eat alot guava, berries, vegetables, yogurt drink n prune juice. I heard it's not good to drink too much cold stuff but yogurt drink can't be taken warm. So usually i leave it outside the fridge to let it uncool for awhile before I drink it hopefully it would be okay this way. Anyone here drinks cold drink like yogurt, yakult to reduce constipation?

I worse loh! I drink coke to suppress my feeling to vomit. Anyway I still vomit every meals!

I see. I think roughly it would sum up about my price then.

Were you scanned first before drawing blood for harmony test? Do you feel dizzy after the blood drawn? I'm going alone so would like to know if I can get home on my own after drawing 3 tubes of blood.
I had already drawn my blood with my gynae. My scan will be next week. I dun feel dizzy just hand a bit no strength.

I aso go to Thomson med Ctr leh, how come ur pricing is cheaper.. Think I must ask the nurse when I see them 2 wks later. When r u doing ahr?

I worse loh! I drink coke to suppress my feeling to vomit. Anyway I still vomit every meals!
My harmony test is done by my gynae not Thomson. Scan will be next week.

I am doing my test next week.
Too much soft drink is not good as the sugar content is high. Maybe you can try ribena instead.

maybe you may want to take note of guava cos it is a bit heaty... need to drink lots of water.. plain water is still the best.... i have funny taste buds now, cold n warm drinks I am fine but cant take room temperature water...

Anyone seeing Dr Kenneth Lee from Mount A? Can advise on the charges for oscar, consultation and package? TIA.

Hi mummies, I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant. I'm with Dr Woo Bit Hwa (Thomson).

Wanna check with mummies here what were the testing you have done during the first three visit with your OB? My OB DID NOT ask nor perform the following tests so far, is that normal? well, I intend to ask him these questions for my next visit (two more weeks) but I'm anxious to find out now whether I'm in a good hand. :(

Tests and Questions OB did not ask nor perform:

1. Blood test
2. Pap smear
3. Ask family and husband health's background for any illness
4. Internal Pelvic exam
5. Current vitamin supplements

Pls advice. Thanks!

Hi mummies, I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant. I'm with Dr Woo Bit Hwa (Thomson).

Wanna check with mummies here what were the testing you have done during the first three visit with your OB? My OB DID NOT ask nor perform the following tests so far, is that normal? well, I intend to ask him these questions for my next visit (two more weeks) but I'm anxious to find out now whether I'm in a good hand. :(

Tests and Questions OB did not ask nor perform:

1. Blood test
2. Pap smear
3. Ask family and husband health's background for any illness
4. Internal Pelvic exam
5. Current vitamin supplements

Pls advice. Thanks!

Dear Jane, Dr. Woo Bit Hwa is a very nice and patient gynae. As you are only 9 weeks pregnant, the only supplement you should take is folic acid. it is a must to take. as for other vitamin, it should be from week 12 onwards. blood test, pap smear and internal pelvic exam is later stage of your pregnancy. as for family, husband health's background, did he ask about yours? that's most important.

Hi Magc,

Thanks for your fast reply. Yes, he did ask abt my health's background. When I told him I got Thalassemia, he didn't say anything. I don't know why at that point I didn't ask him whether my background will pose an increased risk for certain conditions or complications?? silly me..

Hi Magc,

Thanks for your fast reply. Yes, he did ask abt my health's background. When I told him I got Thalassemia, he didn't say anything. I don't know why at that point I didn't ask him whether my background will pose an increased risk for certain conditions or complications?? silly me..

did he note down your condition? if he did, at a later stage when needed to do any test because of your condition, he will let you know? :) don't worry ok. u r in good hands. I have heard more good reviews about him than bad reviews. :) he is a well recommended gynae amongst a group of my friends. :)

Hi All MTBs ...
I'm hiding myself in the restroom cubical while writing this post. I just can't concentrate on work coz the nausea is working. I really hope i could just skip work every now & then... I've lost appetite but I'm hungry. Everything i ate is giving me the after taste which is sour :(.

How did you all cope with that ? Can't wait to be at the 2nd trimester, hopefully will ease...

Me! I take cold drinks but moderately. I read and it says,

"Whatever temperature the food or drinks is, when it reaches the stomach and intestine, it will change to body temperature. So taking cold drinks will not affect your growing baby. But always remember moderation is the key.

Another is that if a pregnant woman drinks a lot of cold water, the blood vessels in the respiratory mucous membrane such as nose, throat, windpipe will shrink suddenly and cause a reduction in the flow of blood and consequently reduces the woman’s resistance to diseases. Drinking a lot of cold water is also said to increase the frequency of movement of the foetus in the womb, thereby making the woman unease."

I do take yakult and really helps constipation.

Anyone seeing Dr Kenneth Lee from Mount A? Can advise on the charges for oscar, consultation and package? TIA.
Im seeing him. First time was 350 include scanning, consultation and supplements.

Second time was 190 for scanning and consultation and urine test.

I signed up a package with him at 900 excluding gst. This package kicks off from week 12 onwards.

Hope this is useful.

He seems friendly and nice.

Oscar test is 350.

Hello!

Currently in my 9th week and my #3. Would like to join you all here so that ahem, there's someone like-minded to talk to when working. :p

Can share what are the comfort food that works for you now? Whatever worked last time don't now and I'm desperate..

Back