(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I prefer the adhesive to the loop type. Hospital will give you a packet of loop pads. I don't like them cos I feel that it's loose and dangling. Not secure. My friend told me her lochia lasted a month so asked me to buy a month supply of pads and disposable undies. But I also dunno what size to buy. My friend said not to buy to tight cos will be uncomfortable esp for those having c sec.

Haven prepared anything for my hospital bag, nor confinement stuff so thanks all for the reminder on pads and disposable undies! Completely forgot.

I find the loop pads given by hospital too insecure so will be buying those nite use pads too. My lochia was also abt a mth, altho flow lighten considerably after 2 wks or so, thus able to use normal pads. Come to tink of it, i still hv a pack of the nite use pads frm last time. Does pads hv expiry dates?? Lol…

Hmm thinking about it.. I also havnt ordered confinement food yet. Need to do so by tml to taste. Jia you mommies!

Side note my baby cot will only arrive this saturday. I underestimate it. Should have requested for earlier delivery instead. Now still have to wash bb clothes, bedsheet, etc.. woah..

Last edited:
My due date is 5-Jun, but if i opt for c-sect , i have to choose 2 weeks before my EDD , which is anytime after 20-May.
Until now w33, my gynae mentioned my placenta still haven't moved up, chances are pretty slim for natural.
He told me to prepare might have to go for caesearan.
Same EDD!! :)

i didn't get any maternity loop pads. find those lousy cos they tend to bunch up in the middle and soak through the undies. very messy! bought Sofy ones instead. however this time round, the gynae cleaned me out very well. my lochia was very little, hardly and liver-like clots. and i only needed like normal pads.

First 2 days i am using the loop type provided by TMC. Thick and very uncomfy, kept shifting and stain my panties! Hate it.
When i got home , i started using the normal pads. Especially love the Sofy Body fit 35cm with night wings, very absorbent and big piece.

Ohh.. Like tat will consider Sofy too. I aso hate the loops, esp at night use keep shifting, irritating leh.
U all got bring button PJ for stay at hosp? Previously i did not, was tinking tis time rd to bring cos theirs like v bare... Cant move much without 'zao geng'..

i think Laurier has got 40cm ones...I intend to get that coz prefer laurier to sofy. somehow i feel laurier is more absorbent.

i didn't get any maternity loop pads. find those lousy cos they tend to bunch up in the middle and soak through the undies. very messy! bought Sofy ones instead. however this time round, the gynae cleaned me out very well. my lochia was very little, hardly and liver-like clots. and i only needed like normal pads.

Actually i dunno how loop kind looks like. i tried to google also cant imagine how to wear it..
yah mayb night wing is more comfy :)

Anyone start taking maternity leave?
My edd is mid of May still thinking when to start take leave. I really want to take on beginning may because it's so heavy to walk but also afraid wasting of time to wait for delivery. I only got 2 months maternity leave and my boss gave me additional 1 month to work from home.

Anyone start taking maternity leave?
My edd is mid of May still thinking when to start take leave. I really want to take on beginning may because it's so heavy to walk but also afraid wasting of time to wait for delivery. I only got 2 months maternity leave and my boss gave me additional 1 month to work from home.
My EDD is 10 May. I'm only starting my ML on 30th April. I also feel like starting the leave earlier but don't wanna waste leave doing nothing at home for too long...

My gynae been issuing alot of mc for me to rest. I keep all my AL for some days when i want to take urgent leave to rest.
I will keep on working until delivery.

i think i will take 1 week prior to EDD, dont really want to waste the leave so I will try to dong. 16 weeks isn't very long. it's slightly under 3.5 mths. :)

I will probably start leave on 4th May since 1st May is P.H. heeee. But if possible.. tahan till birth, else waste the leave. Nothing to do at Home too. Also there might be a chance labour only starts after EDD. den really waste leave Hor?

Are u ladies experiencing pain down there? That kind of pain machiam being hammered and bruise (blue black) kind of pain...Wahahaha..

Are u ladies experiencing pain down there? That kind of pain machiam being hammered and bruise (blue black) kind of pain...Wahahaha..

Yes! Duno if its bb head pressing anot. Nv felt this kind pain b4.. But lucky last at most an hr for me. Urs constant pain?

i think Laurier has got 40cm ones...I intend to get that coz prefer laurier to sofy. somehow i feel laurier is more absorbent.

I saw the laurier ones. But no promotion at watsons. I gotten the sofy 35cm, buy 2 get 1free! Lowest price per pc i compared. Lol. Trying to budget...
And even the dispoable panties have 1 for 1

@Vinka i jus took my AL to relax n acc hubby to the movie later..he so scared cant get to watch the avengers..lol.
I aso nv intend use my ML prior to delivery, cos very precious for me...to bf n build up n stock up my breadtmilk supply b4 starting work =]

@furbee @newbiemom.. not constant pain but its there. Especially when u stay at a position for a certain period of time eg. Sitting, lying down and u need to change postion or move around. I asked my hubby was it him who hammer or pretend to kick me down there while I was sleeping. Wahahahaha

W36 now. Feeling quite a bit of BH this week. Frequency is increasing.
I feel that bb is very low now but not engage yet.

For my previous pregnancies, always having contractions and pop at W37 or W38.
This time round BH is quite intense.

Think should be popping soon. Hope can tahan until W37.
Friday will be going to see gynae.

Anyone is having the same symptoms as me?

I will probably start leave on 4th May since 1st May is P.H. heeee. But if possible.. tahan till birth, else waste the leave. Nothing to do at Home too. Also there might be a chance labour only starts after EDD. den really waste leave Hor?

I was plan to start my leave on 4th May too..but my EDD is on 19 May lol...

@furbee @newbiemom.. not constant pain but its there. Especially when u stay at a position for a certain period of time eg. Sitting, lying down and u need to change postion or move around. I asked my hubby was it him who hammer or pretend to kick me down there while I was sleeping. Wahahahaha
lol. i sometimes feel that my butt is aching out of no reason too..after sitting for a long time

Today I feel my whole body pain.... waist, breast, and pelvic everywhere pain and I don't know what's wrong.

Actually I still dunno how BH is.. kekeke.. to me I thot it might be gastric.. heee.. cos I only had that before.

My tail bone pain too if sitting too long.. so i bought a cushion with hole to avoid tail bone. And now down there also abit numb.. nv felt BH yet, or probably I dunno how it feels?

Hmm I intend to work until delivery too. Guess to save my AL so I can extend later part.. Work has been quite busy too..

A few days more to wk 36.

Mostly is my right leg cramping - calf usually, thigh, and once even foot. The rest, like lower back aching is like common liao. Can you all still sleep well at nite?? I cannot sleep, toss and turn trying to find the best position to sleep everynite, if not my leg will cramp :( Need to endure.

Been craving for so much junk food recently! Argh.... Just finished a pack of twisties. After having not eaten it in years lol.....

Me today also 36weeks, today 3pm saw gynae, she measure bb's weight and heartbeat, said that heartbeat decrease, must admit me to ward now wor:(

I really don't know how's the feeling of BH. I have no pain no cramp no bloody nothing at all, feels so normal, don't know why doc so kan jiong leh?

Me today also 36weeks, today 3pm saw gynae, she measure bb's weight and heartbeat, said that heartbeat decrease, must admit me to ward now wor:(

I really don't know how's the feeling of BH. I have no pain no cramp no bloody nothing at all, feels so normal, don't know why doc so kan jiong leh?
Coz baby heartbeat decreasing... dr would need to constantly monitor the HB in case baby in distress then they can know immediately and do something about it

Mostly is my right leg cramping - calf usually, thigh, and once even foot. The rest, like lower back aching is like common liao. Can you all still sleep well at nite?? I cannot sleep, toss and turn trying to find the best position to sleep everynite, if not my leg will cramp :( Need to endure.

Been craving for so much junk food recently! Argh.... Just finished a pack of twisties. After having not eaten it in years lol.....
Ya.. sleeping at night is now like a challenge for me.. dunno how to turn and find a good position. And I have been eating soooooooooooo much. sigh..

Wah... dun play play Hor.... better be safe.. admit and monitor. So u waiting for admission now?

My EDD is 10 May. I'm only starting my ML on 30th April. I also feel like starting the leave earlier but don't wanna waste leave doing nothing at home for too long...
My EDD 11may but I ald started taking AL.. 3 weeks to relax at home and prepare those that are needed as hubby has no time to help out on those minor stuff.. feels very shiok that he has to work and I can enjoy my late wakeup time plus afternoon nap.. and last min shopping of necessities..

Wah... dun play play Hor.... better be safe.. admit and monitor. So u waiting for admission now?

Doc put me in Delivery Suite liao. Now on CTG machine to monitor bb's heartbeat. I requested to go back home for one hour and take my barang barang like phone charger, toothbrush, etc, doctor said can not! She warned me: u leave hospital now u will regret .... :(

Doc put me in Delivery Suite liao. Now on CTG machine to monitor bb's heartbeat. I requested to go back home for one hour and take my barang barang like phone charger, toothbrush, etc, doctor said can not! She warned me: u leave hospital now u will regret .... :(
Ya.. u stay put. Ask your hubby to do all those. But understand la.. cos we women tends to want to make sure stuffs are done correctly and according to what we want it to be done. Sometimes rely on men.. turn out disaster. Lol

I have been craving sesame bun daily!!!
dunno why my craving comes so late?? Haha..

Wah.. hope everything is allright yeah.. keep us posted!

Have u packed hospital bag? If yes, just ask you hubby grab it and bring to hospital

Hope everything's okay! Are you dilated already?

Yes better stay put! Hope everything goes well! Any contractions or wat yet?

Oh dear... don't worry about your barang... hope all will be well for you and baby..! Gonna be fine :)

@MTB-2015, how u feeling? Dont wonder bout ur barang liao..tink of bb 1st! Anything u need can buy from hospital aso... Hows the monitoring of ur bb results? Experiencing contractions already? Jia you n take gd care. If cant discharge, must relax n rest while u can..

Last edited:

@MTB-2015 hope you are fine! All the best for you and the baby!

On a side note, my stretchmarks have started appearing and super itchy despite daily oils application after bath.
I think belly has recently started to expand too fast and the skin cannot cope with the speed esp during this last month of pregnancy.
Clarins oil was great but exp. I then switch to cocoa butter skin therapy oil and it's so runny, I think not moisturising enough. Going to switch back to Clarins now. :(

Back