(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi babyrella, I'm mostly wearing leggings.. Wearing the normal black ones from cotton on in bigger sizes. I saw that h&m do have a small maternity collection which has some maternity leggings as well..

Do think about whether you have good support at home if you quit your job.. Don't quit on impulse..

Cool, shall check out cotton on & h&m..

Well babe.. This is definitely not on impulse.. Been wanting to quit, then decide not to, then again quit, then again not.. Been going on since before I got married n got pregnant even.. Yup talked to hubby many times abt this.. I guess he's just gonna be supportive & me gonna go back to finding new job aft baby's all settled.. really had enuf after a fireworks showdown at work..

Worst part is when the colleague who complained against you is another expectant mother.. Her pregnancy is already loud n clear, mine not so much even of a baby bump.. So her complain against my defence sounds stronger.. Her pregnancy has been very well thruout, but mine has been on the crazy side.. Unfortunately, having no baby bump equals to shouldnt be having problems.. To all my colleagues n even the women here n even the other expectant mother.. Whats worse, its a problem thT can be solved on a personal level, just d two of us, but she brought it up to management.. N involved the others in d co to support her.. So u tell me.. How can i not feel that demoralized.. Even maternity leave doesnt sound so enticing.. Having a good year with baby then goes back to work sounds much appealing now hehe

Don't worry abt ur edd. Mine has been pushing front and back every time I visit. Lol.

As for ur pants prolly u try to get those elastic ones ya. I tink cotton on h&m uniqlo has some, u can try look ard there ya.

Wise work it's Alws not ez. Now maybe ur preg and may be more emotionally then before thus u feels more dejected at some point. If u reli feels stress u can talk to ur family or hb or friends. Otherwise talk to ur hr or upper lvl before u deciding to quit. Else take a few days off to rest well Okies. =)

Been taking loads of leave the earlier part of d preggy.. Felt really shitty.. Only now energy level stabilizing.. Already on verges of quitting way before preggy.. This one feels like the last one as posted abv.. But yeah, perhaps jus a tad emotional.. But i'm more to feeling happy but only this particular case as posted abv is dragging me down real bad....

Well babe.. This is definitely not on impulse.. Been wanting to quit, then decide not to, then again quit, then again not.. Been going on since before I got married n got pregnant even.. Yup talked to hubby many times abt this.. I guess he's just gonna be supportive & me gonna go back to finding new job aft baby's all settled.. really had enuf after a fireworks showdown at work..

Worst part is when the colleague who complained against you is another expectant mother.. Her pregnancy is already loud n clear, mine not so much even of a baby bump.. So her complain against my defence sounds stronger.. Her pregnancy has been very well thruout, but mine has been on the crazy side.. Unfortunately, having no baby bump equals to shouldnt be having problems.. To all my colleagues n even the women here n even the other expectant mother.. Whats worse, its a problem thT can be solved on a personal level, just d two of us, but she brought it up to management.. N involved the others in d co to support her.. So u tell me.. How can i not feel that demoralized.. Even maternity leave doesnt sound so enticing.. Having a good year with baby then goes back to work sounds much appealing now hehe

Your workplace sounds very political... If your hubby supports you, quit also good.. If not will be emotionally affected.. Especially now with all the hormonal changes..

Btw the h&m maternity collection very limited pieces only. I found it at the Somerset branch at kids section.

I got the following error msg when i click on the link:

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Hi. If u click from phone, u will have that error. So better to click from PC.

Can eat soya bean curds or drink fresh soya bean drink in first trimester? Some of my frens said best not due to estrogen or something related to that ..

QUOTE="bellebaby, post: 7918076, member: 175357"]Can eat soya bean curds or drink fresh soya bean drink in first trimester? Some of my frens said best not due to estrogen or something related to that ..[/QUOTE]
I think eat occasionally is Ok. But if u buy to cook bean curd best to look for non-gmo type. Outside food then can't control. ..

Anyone's tummy itching? mine is i think due to the stretching and probably heat. I think for my #1 i only felt the itchiness in 3rd trim

Anyone's tummy itching? mine is i think due to the stretching and probably heat. I think for my #1 i only felt the itchiness in 3rd trim
Mine is getting itchy sometimes. =) and .... just 13th weeks and I can see the 'spare tyre' coming out quite obvious! :(

Hi, been a silent reader. Currently 13 weeks and seeing doctor Adrian woodworth in his Sengkang branch. This is my #2.
MS has been bad for me in the 1st trimester, lost a total of 10kg. Currently getting abit better but still taking the anti-vomiting pills.
Can add me into Facebook group? [email protected]

Can eat soya bean curds or drink fresh soya bean drink in first trimester? Some of my frens said best not due to estrogen or something related to that ..

I asked the nurses at the Gynae clinic if it's ok to consume soya bean drink. It's fine and in fact good for babies but best to take it hot or warm and not cold. Be wary of the sugar level content in the drink as well. Best to opt for low sugar level or none at all.

I've been having mr bean on weekdays mornings at work. But 25 percent sugar or no sugar.

I asked the nurses at the Gynae clinic if it's ok to consume soya bean drink. It's fine and in fact good for babies but best to take it hot or warm and not cold. Be wary of the sugar level content in the drink as well. Best to opt for low sugar level or none at all.

I've been having mr bean on weekdays mornings at work. But 25 percent sugar or no sugar.
Thanks for helping to ask the nurse:) yes, I think must watch the sugar level and I've been avoiding cold drinks too .. :)

I love soya milk. Alws drank Mr bean 25% sugar lvl as well. Bt I try to limit one cup per wk. =)

Can ask those experienced mummies what do ya put in birth plans? I sering Dr Ben tham and his package states different pricing with birth plans. Don't understand what's the rationale.

Hi ladies do u find that u can't cook especially after MS?

I've tried to cook twice and failed miserably. It's as if I lost my sense of taste. :(

Hi, been a silent reader. Currently 13 weeks and seeing doctor Adrian woodworth in his Sengkang branch. This is my #2.
MS has been bad for me in the 1st trimester, lost a total of 10kg. Currently getting abit better but still taking the anti-vomiting pills.
Can add me into Facebook group? [email protected]

Hi I have added you. Please check your email and spam folders.

Hope you feel better soon! 10kg is really a lot. Did you have to go on IV drip?

Gyne did NT scan for me today .. Also passed me my panorama result . Thank God that everything is good so far. Will await the 20 weeks detailed scan .. Praying hard

Hi I have added you. Please check your email and spam folders.

Hope you feel better soon! 10kg is really a lot. Did you have to go on IV drip?
Joined. Thanks.

Went to drip one night, but after that still cannot eat for the next few weeks. Feeling abit better but still cannot eat much. For my 1st one also like that, hoping it will pass these few days.

I love soya milk. Alws drank Mr bean 25% sugar lvl as well. Bt I try to limit one cup per wk. =)
Hey babe, may I know why you're limiting to only one cup per week? I don't like to have plain water in the morning and on weekdays I do not have time to make milk for myself hence settled for soya bean milk or hot milo. maybe I should wake up early to make a glass of milk for myself

I quite skeptical abt CL leh. I heard many not very positive cases. Maybe I will just order confinement food. But abit worried I can't handle it myself also as it's my first. =|
Initially I also thought of not hiring CL, just order confinement food and do confinement myself with help from maid. But then realise sure cannot cope de, end up decided to let my MIL do my confinement.. I think will be very tired if you do your own confinement plus look after baby. Should be the time to rest your body.. don't overwork yourself. This is what I think..

By the way, anybody took Dr Phua Soo Mear (Kovan) as their gynae? seems like nobody in this forum did.. I find him ok and ended up taking his antenatal package.

Noticed many mummies here talking about soy, I was watching a tv show "food detectives" it mentioned unprocessed soy has anti-nutrients which prevent nutrient absorption.
After googling on Internet, there are sites that say unfermented soy has phytates which affect mineral absorption in the intestines. https://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm
Think moderation is key in taking soy products, as many mummies have pointed out.

Joined. Thanks.

Went to drip one night, but after that still cannot eat for the next few weeks. Feeling abit better but still cannot eat much. For my 1st one also like that, hoping it will pass these few days.

Ok take care and hope the second tri will be better for you :) See you in the group!

Hello~ i've been a silent reader since i bfp. Currently 12w+ and just got passed on my oscar result so i think shld be fine to join this grp liao :p

This is my #2 & I'm with Dr Ho Hon Kwok from Mount Alvernia. Edd 29 oct.
Please kindly add me to the fb grp - [email protected]. Tia~

Btw, forgotten when can we "announce" our pregnancy. Is it from 12w onwards?
Today I had a colleague asking me point-blank if I'm preggie. when I act blur, she placed her hand on my belly to check -.-" I guess I'm showing le, so cannot hide liao.

Hey babe, may I know why you're limiting to only one cup per week? I don't like to have plain water in the morning and on weekdays I do not have time to make milk for myself hence settled for soya bean milk or hot milo. maybe I should wake up early to make a glass of milk for myself
Oh Cos if I drank too much soy milk I tends to get headaches. No idea y. Tts for me la. For me I everyday drink milo or cereal. My stomach sensitive so restrict from drinkin cold milk.

Initially I also thought of not hiring CL, just order confinement food and do confinement myself with help from maid. But then realise sure cannot cope de, end up decided to let my MIL do my confinement.. I think will be very tired if you do your own confinement plus look after baby. Should be the time to rest your body.. don't overwork yourself. This is what I think..
Sounds scary taking care of a baby leh. It's my first so I Canot imagine yet.

Sounds scary taking care of a baby leh. It's my first so I Canot imagine yet.
Motherhood is something precious and it brings joy :) though first few months will be a time of adjustment of having to care for a newborn .. U can expect night feed , interrupted sleep etc but you will surely enjoy motherhood :) jus make sure at least for the first month when u are recovering and adjusting to your new phase of life, u have someone to hand hold together with u to support u and give u time to recuperate. Don't manage alone, entirely on yourself . Especially if it is your first baby. So whether it is confinement lady or mom or mother-in-law, as long as u have another support at least for the first month , u will be able to adjust to your new phase of life better:) and U can enjoy baby and embrace motherhood :)
For my first baby, my hubby has been my greatest pillar of support. And I love him for being there to support and encourage me. My mil did confinement for me but this time, I'll prefer a CL cos her health hasn't been good and I don't wanna tax on her as she is not young anymore. As my first one is an emergency c-sect, gyne says this time will most likely be an elective c-sect. Meaning I'll need more rest to recuperate since c-sect is a major op. So I will pay to get a CL. So as long as u have someone to help and support u for the first month , you will be fine de:) don't worry :) when u see your baby , whatever tiredness will be worth it:)

Hello~ i've been a silent reader since i bfp. Currently 12w+ and just got passed on my oscar result so i think shld be fine to join this grp liao :p

Today I had a colleague asking me point-blank if I'm preggie. when I act blur, she placed her hand on my belly to check -.-" I guess I'm showing le, so cannot hide liao.

Hi. For me, I count 2nd trimester as wk14... Read somewhere that T2 starts in wk14... So I only announced to my team then...

Jiayou mommy! If can, tahan a bit and enjoy maternity then quit lol :p

I been telling pole I'm pregnant from week 12. My close family was once we know. As for soya bean, said in moderation cos if boy, then soya will increase the female hormones in it. So I avoid drinking until I know the sex of the baby. As for quitting job, I quit a few classes so tat I can relax. Talked to my hubby about the finance and since we are getting a maid, it's stressful. But more impatient is tat baby comes out healthy...so if u had to quit, quit. Enjoy ur pregnancy. U can go to work later on..

Thank you Theia! Had joined the group :)

Zaclin29 : thanks for sharing. Ok, i shall hold on 2 more wks. Just that I noticed ppl are eyeing my belly now and I feel so uncomfortable coz I do not wish to share the news until past 1st tri.

Thank you Theia! Had joined the group :)

Zaclin29 : thanks for sharing. Ok, i shall hold on 2 more wks. Just that I noticed ppl are eyeing my belly now and I feel so uncomfortable coz I do not wish to share the news until past 1st tri.

Is this your first or second pregnancy ?:) I Realised that for my 2nd pregnancy , I started showing quite early . Think my tummy has more spare tire to expand now .. Hahah.. I'll be week 13 tmr. Already can't hide. Since 2 weeks ago, my colleagues already started asking . Since they asked me, I can't lie anyway , so jus acknowledge though I have no intention to tell so early due to past 2 miscarriages . So I don't intend to announce. If they ask , I'll acknowledge . Will let the growing tummy do the natural announcement . But workwise if anything is too strenuous , I'll have to say .

Hi sunkissprissie! I'm also with Dr HK Ho and my EDD is 28 Oct haha! Due to my age, he advised me to bypass Oscar so I took the Panorama test. Currently waiting for results. I guess we might be seeing each other at the clinic without even knowing heh. I'm also showing super early - last Sat, I went for a family gathering and all my aunties immediately said they think I'm expecting. :S

I got this frequent urge to urinate since this morning but only little urine would come out. Could this be UTI? It's so hard to book an appointment at NUH, they wouldn't accommodate you if you don't have an appointment, have to go to emergency which would take forever. :( Maybe it's better to go to GP?

By the way, anybody took Dr Phua Soo Mear (Kovan) as their gynae? seems like nobody in this forum did.. I find him ok and ended up taking his antenatal package.
when my regular gynae was away, i went to him first as i needed confirmation of the pregnancy to inform my thyroid doc and adjust my thyroid medication. firstly, he had a puzzled look on his face and said i didn't look like 6 weeks, only can see a sac and i looked like 5 weeks instead. i asked if abnormal, he said no. But kept asking me if i had been bleeding and to refrain from sex and that if i bleed, i have to see doc immediately. he then told me to come back in 2 weeks and if nothing more than sac, means unhealthy pregnancy.

he made me very worried and i really wanted to cry at that point. i also notice that his equipment are somewhat dated and not as high-tech as the one my gynae is using. And on my ultrasound pic, he had typed in the wrong patient name and info. :/ went home and did research, turns out its normal for 5-6 weeks to only detect a sac. i went back to my regular gynae 2 weeks later and told her abt my appt with Dr Phua. She also said it's normal to see sac at that stage and nothing to worry abt and that it depends on my cycle length. Needless to say, i never went back to Dr Phua.

Hi sunkissprissie! I'm also with Dr HK Ho and my EDD is 28 Oct haha! Due to my age, he advised me to bypass Oscar so I took the Panorama test. Currently waiting for results. I guess we might be seeing each other at the clinic without even knowing heh. I'm also showing super early - last Sat, I went for a family gathering and all my aunties immediately said they think I'm expecting. :S
I'm also with doctor ho! What a coincident! good luck for the paranoma test! I went for that as well since it's more accurate. Contrary to what they said about 14 working days before you can know the result, I received a call from them within a week.

Back