anyone did chemical straightening for hair during pregnancy

p0cc0, did ur gynae give u green light? Actually i just went to straighten my hair today too while 5 months preggy. really cannot tahan my hair. this is my no 2. for my no 1, i actually tahan all the way till bb was 1 month old but i went into depression mode. this time i made the decision to do it because i feel i cant afford to go into depression mode as i m taking care of no 1 too. cannot hide n cry n feel de pressed. but i still have a twinge of worry about having done it

icic. did ur gynae say its ok to do perm n rebonding? i know hair dyes are considered ok to do durinh pregnancy. anyway. i have done the deed n actually i feel so much better n happier

Hi, thx mummies who shared u did hair perm. Intend to do it (abt 4-5mth pregnant now, 2nd time mum). But I read that due to hormonal change, mayb the perm wun turn out? So did ur perm turn out fine? Can share where u did ur perm? What kinda products were used? Normal ones or organic ones? Thx a lot

I won't recommend because chemical is harmful towards people. If it is a must to do something to your hair, you can choose organic which is a much healthier choice.

in doubt, don't do. Want to do, don't think about it. I didn't for my two kids and my head was half white by the time I gave birth. However, I did dye, rebond during confinement. Nothing must happened to my kids so I do not take the risk. However, I am willing to suffer (touching water during confinement will result air going to body and later here pain there pain) for the sake of beauty. Lol.

Best to avoid any chemical stuff done to yourself. Better not compromise a moment of beauty for a life in your tummy. Still, the final decision is in your hand. To bend or to break.

Back