Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Thank for reminding.
I dont scared cold so its ok.
Embryologist yet to call me.
Later see CHR nurse for update.
I just have to tell myself to relax and be patient ;)

Hav u received the call?if not, can let Chr nurse noe..they can help u remind embryologist that u haven received an update...stay relax ya...fighting!

MonkeyChick,
Thanks for the blessing.
I am still a bit worried why embryologist never call me yesterday. I am sure i did not miss the call as i was looking at the phone almost all the time yesterday until CHR nurse call me.

Haha...your last sentence make me laugh. So cute. I am pretty sure i will go toilet immediately after the procedure ;)

Just a side note, my TCM told me that after implatation, everything as normal but need to slow down and more gentle. If you wake up from bed, dont jump off, use your hand to slowly get up and walk slowly. Dont know how true it will affect the uterus but better listen :)

I wld say jus listen to ur tcm coz it makes u more comfortable ya?there's a term PUPO...pregnant unless proven otherwise...that's the advice given to ivf ladies...live with PUPO mindset for 2ww...:D

Hav u received the call?if not, can let Chr nurse noe..they can help u remind embryologist that u haven received an update...stay relax ya...fighting!
Yes. Received the call from embryologist. Both embbies survived after thaw and develop to compact stage. Waiting at NUH now.
I was mistaken that 500ml need to drink within 2 hours. Was just told need to finish within 30 mins and hold the bladder for one hour before ET.
I need to breathe in and out to relax..if too nervous i think my bladder full easily. Haha

Yes. Received the call from embryologist. Both embbies survived after thaw and develop to compact stage. Waiting at NUH now.
I was mistaken that 500ml need to drink within 2 hours. Was just told need to finish within 30 mins and hold the bladder for one hour before ET.
I need to breathe in and out to relax..if too nervous i think my bladder full easily. Haha

Woohoo!100% survival rate again...
Take it easy...Jus made sure 1hr b4 ET, u r not supposed to relieve urself anymore...:D

so exciting! At last got some actions on this thread liao! :p haha! After that csn update us what u eat everyday! lol!

so exciting! At last got some actions on this thread liao! :p haha! After that csn update us what u eat everyday! lol!
Done with the procedure. Faster than expected and start 20 mins earlier which i dont have to hold my bladder for too long.
I will cook myself and have been marketing for the soups, meat, kampung chicken, veggies and fish.
Never see so many type of fish in my fridge before, haha...

Wah I missing so much action in here this afternoon!
Well done @happybb2015!
I just went for my last proluton jab at noon. Supposed to throw party to celebrate but I'm having such a bad cough that my tummy's cramping from all the coughing :(
So scared violent coughing will harm bb. I tried bend over to minimize trauma to tummy. Any sure-work remedy to suggest?

Wah I missing so much action in here this afternoon!
Well done @happybb2015!
I just went for my last proluton jab at noon. Supposed to throw party to celebrate but I'm having such a bad cough that my tummy's cramping from all the coughing :(
So scared violent coughing will harm bb. I tried bend over to minimize trauma to tummy. Any sure-work remedy to suggest?
better see a GP. they will prescribe pregnancy safe medications. there is an ivy extract cough mixture that is safe.

For mediated FET, which day of menses cycle do I have to start on Mercilon? Thinking to convert to mediated FET because unable to take so many off days from work.

Last edited:
@remembeRainbow,
Agreed with lucasmum11. Nan xing bei xing is good to cure cough. I have try diff remedies before but not all will work. Depends on which type of cough i think. You can try bird nest, drink it when hot. Drink warm water. Speedy recovery and take care ;)

For mediated FET, which day of menses cycle do I have to start on Mercilon? Thinking to convert to mediated FET because unable to take so many off days from work.
Day_Dreaming,
I am on medicated FET. Very long cycle. I started Mercilon on Day 2 of my menses, it happened that Day 2 is my review with Prof after ER. He said good(as usual) then prescribed the mercilon for 21 days.
On Day 14 of mercilon, you need to go back to NUH for a injection (not painful at butt). After 21 days of mercilon, wait for menses to come, mine was post 7 days; my bff is 3 days...depend on individual.
On Day 2 of menses(full flow), you have to go back to NUH for blood test and start another medicine, i was prescribed with progynova ( my bff too).
Progynova to be taken for 14 days and on D14, go back to NUH for scan to check if lining is ready for FET.
The whole process i waited for 7 weeks. Hope this info is helpful :)

Day_Dreaming,
I am on medicated FET. Very long cycle. I started Mercilon on Day 2 of my menses, it happened that Day 2 is my review with Prof after ER. He said good(as usual) then prescribed the mercilon for 21 days.
On Day 14 of mercilon, you need to go back to NUH for a injection (not painful at butt). After 21 days of mercilon, wait for menses to come, mine was post 7 days; my bff is 3 days...depend on individual.
On Day 2 of menses(full flow), you have to go back to NUH for blood test and start another medicine, i was prescribed with progynova ( my bff too).
Progynova to be taken for 14 days and on D14, go back to NUH for scan to check if lining is ready for FET.
The whole process i waited for 7 weeks. Hope this info is helpful :)

Thanks happybb2015 for the helpful explanation!

What does Bff stand for?

Yes very long process. Good you have finally reached the TWW now.

Last edited:
Bff = best friend forever...haha.
SHe is my primary school friend, good friend for many years and she recommended me to go to Prof for IVF

It's nice to have a bff around you who can give advice and emotional support along the journey. How are your "fishy" meals getting? Your post made me curious to see your fishy fridge content haha.

My friend managed to guess that I am seeking IVF treatment. She thinks IVF is 100% sure guaranteed way of getting pregnant. She kept asking me a lot of questions about IVF and after I explained many times, she still doesn't get it. Every month, she would ask me "Are you pregnant?"

I'm so glad to find this comforting forum. :) My only support is my hubby but I don't want to give him stress as he has enough stress in his work.

Last edited:
@remembeRainbow
I wonder if your cough is due to the on and off hazy conditions in Singapore. Because the PM2.5 particles levels in the air are pretty high these 2 weeks. I feel my nose is going to drop off, it has been dripping nonstop for 2 weeks lol. I always get runny nose and cough every time the haze strikes.

Hope the nan xing bei xing remedy suggested by the ladies help for your cough.

I'm down with stomach flu suay suay on my Nore day 1! Sian. I called chr they say still must take the Nore. Can I ask do u all know if we're sick during ivf still can do stims? Still can do ER and ET?

I'm down with stomach flu suay suay on my Nore day 1! Sian. I called chr they say still must take the Nore. Can I ask do u all know if we're sick during ivf still can do stims? Still can do ER and ET?

Are you taking charcoal to ease your discomfort? Charcoal is safe to take for TTC.

I was sick during the simulation process and updated my doctors about it but they never cancel it.

I read cases of ladies who BFP after doing ET with sickness. There's a saying that the body's immune will be busy fighting off the illness, so it will be easier for embryos to implant successfully to our body without being disturbed by the immune.

@remembeRainbow
I wonder if your cough is due to the on and off hazy conditions in Singapore. Because the PM2.5 particles levels in the air are pretty high these 2 weeks. I feel my nose is going to drop off, it has been dripping nonstop for 2 weeks lol. I always get runny nose and cough every time the haze strikes.

I think it's more cos of the heaty food I ate. Past few weeks no appetite so I went for spicy & fried foods (which I used to hate).. I can't swallow plain foods.

To add on a little to happybb2015 detailed procedures,
u will expect urself to bleed max within 7days after mercilon else call Chr. Also, once u bleed after mercilon,suppose to take a blood test within day1to3 of cycle before starting progynova. If ur advised to start progynova on day1,u hav to go in for blood test on day1 of ur cycle,get the green light from Chr b4 starting progynova.

;)

Can continue stims but if u r feverish(big touch wood) on day of ER or ET, esp ER,they may hav to cancel.

Being sick on norE cycle is fine..no worries at all. Nonetheless,do ensure ur stomach flu is not virus-induced...if yes,cure it b4 u start stims.
Virus infection is a no esp when u r going for an op..
No worries,u r way in time to recover...:)

I think it's more cos of the heaty food I ate. Past few weeks no appetite so I went for spicy & fried foods (which I used to hate).. I can't swallow plain foods.

In this thread, we have ladies who are great cooks and can whip out delicious yet nutritious meals. How I wish they provide tingkat service! I cannot cook one.

Aarlysa,
Please call to make appointment early. I call for appointment mid of Nov 2014, my first appointment with Prof was schedule on 13 Jan 2015.
Note that Prof will on leave in May(think whole month)...you better call and check it out

Thanks for your advise @happybb2015. I guess i wont be taking prof since he'll be away in May. Going for my first jab this friday. & will still go for subsidise route since im pretty confident with the doctors in NUH.

Good luck on ur 2WW!!!! sending all the best of luck to you!!

Can continue stims but if u r feverish(big touch wood) on day of ER or ET, esp ER,they may hav to cancel.

Being sick on norE cycle is fine..no worries at all. Nonetheless,do ensure ur stomach flu is not virus-induced...if yes,cure it b4 u start stims.
Virus infection is a no esp when u r going for an op..
No worries,u r way in time to recover...:)
Thanks babe. Yes upping vit c big time after I recover. My #1 is passing many virus to us cuz she just started childcare

It's nice to have a bff around you who can give advice and emotional support along the journey. How are your "fishy" meals getting? Your post made me curious to see your fishy fridge content haha.

My friend managed to guess that I am seeking IVF treatment. She thinks IVF is 100% sure guaranteed way of getting pregnant. She kept asking me a lot of questions about IVF and after I explained many times, she still doesn't get it. Every month, she would ask me "Are you pregnant?"

I'm so glad to find this comforting forum. :) My only support is my hubby but I don't want to give him stress as he has enough stress in his work.
Haha...i just bought slice fish (2 packets) for fish soup. Will boil the soup with tomatoes, slice ginger and silky toufu. Simple soup. the rest of the fish will steam with ginger.
Today i eat wholemeal bread, avocado and milk for breakfast. Boiling lotus, black bean, peanut with pork ribs soup. All cut and wash to keep in fridge, only defross the pork ribs and boil the soup.

i think your friend is curious and want to show her concern. But they dont understand overly concern can lead to stress to another party. Take it easy or tell her straight.

Yay...i am blessed to have good friends to share my feeling. My emotion like roller caoster but i have learned to accept whatever happen calmly. Thing happened for a reason, i always try to look at bright side.

I tried to handle everything by myself. Only update hubby on the progress and hope not to add on more stress on him.

Jia you and fighting together. We will be with you. I feel very comfy at this thread and i dont mind to share and listening to other ladies here. Lot of useful info here and ladies are wonderful :)

@remembeRainbow,
I swear by lucasmum11 suggestion...chinese almonds r known to strengthen lung n to soothe throat..my favorite...Hehe...
Alternatively,u can boil loquat fruit water to drink n add rock sugar according to taste..loquat(PiPa) is known to relieve cough
All holistic remedies...they r not medicine or herbs...jus apricot kernels n fruit....:D

Take care ya...

@remembeRainbow

My brother is trying one method 2 days ago. He has sensitive nose and hard to breath when he sleep at night. He tried to soak the wolfberry (1 is enough), once the wolfberry soften, use scotch tape to place it at the middle of nose, between the eyes. Then go to sleep. He said its work. But i am not sure if will help in flu. No harm trying

Chloe...i am having cough during stims and not yet recover on ER day. Prof said can see gp and hope to get well before ET. You can consult him and better get well soon. Take care

Thanks for your advise @happybb2015. I guess i wont be taking prof since he'll be away in May. Going for my first jab this friday. & will still go for subsidise route since im pretty confident with the doctors in NUH.

Good luck on ur 2WW!!!! sending all the best of luck to you!!
Thank you. All the best to you and happy for you, one step ahead. Jia you

I can totally understand how u feel on the friend asking every month...n the perception of ivf equating to being pregnant...jus try to take it easy ya...some friends or even closest siblings may not understand coz they r not in our shoes...we cant fault them for it though sometimes...is really getting on our nerves...my sister once subtlely implied to my aunties that soon we can all celebrate n eat pig trotters vinegar(a dish given to relatives during confinement mth)....that's my first fet..i was really caught by surprise....

Still...jus smile...n tmr will b a better day...hehe

Thks all for the suggestions for cough.. I'm a hopeless cook, I always give excuse that I'd learn cooking only when I have kids.
Just got antibiotics from GP. If this weekend still not well then really gotta pester hubby to whip up all your suggestions!
Fyi I caught bad flu after ET & was squeezing v violently. So I duno whether the "sickness helps bfp" myth holds water :p
And I never bothered telling people I went ivf. Cos people who don't need it will never fully understand. Why should I waste my time to satisfy their curiosity? But for people who need it, I generously share!

I can totally understand how u feel on the friend asking every month...n the perception of ivf equating to being pregnant...jus try to take it easy ya...some friends or even closest siblings may not understand coz they r not in our shoes...we cant fault them for it though sometimes...is really getting on our nerves...my sister once subtlely implied to my aunties that soon we can all celebrate n eat pig trotters vinegar(a dish given to relatives during confinement mth)....that's my first fet..i was really caught by surprise....

Still...jus smile...n tmr will b a better day...hehe
that must hv been terrible! hugs! We chose not to tell anyone. I hv a cousin whose wife went for ivf, they hv 2 daughters now, but relatives are still talking abt it. Speculating whether becos wife is old etc. Terrible! So we decided not to say anything, not even to parents. Let them think that we dont want another child. Until now they still don't know I bfp. I waiting for scan next week to confirm heart beat first. M/c news also travels far and fast one. Nobody needs to know.

that must hv been terrible! hugs! We chose not to tell anyone. I hv a cousin whose wife went for ivf, they hv 2 daughters now, but relatives are still talking abt it. Speculating whether becos wife is old etc. Terrible! So we decided not to say anything, not even to parents. Let them think that we dont want another child. Until now they still don't know I bfp. I waiting for scan next week to confirm heart beat first. M/c news also travels far and fast one. Nobody needs to know.

My mummy found out coz I was admitted to A&E n hospitalized due to post ER complication..it was my sister's bdae tt day n they were expecting me to join them for a dinner...we tried so hard to keep mum but pijar lobang that day..my mummy was pretty upset I din tell her...her stand was having baby or nt is not a major concern or must to her..but if I get into any issues,how can she b the last to noe?
I kinda understand her thots...

Subsequently, we only tell mums...

N true news travel very fast one...tongue wagging....o_O

Btw, u all noe fan weiqi n blackie?Taiwanese celebrities...their baby boy twins r fruits of 2nd ivf...they shared honestly but got critical comments from friends...n blackie apologized...y?I dun understand y he has to apologize for something they worked hard for...
And another lady Chen mingzhen...she attempted 20 times for ivf...:eek:..3 weeks ago, she was on tv with her twins n she thank those that supported her n those that criticized her on her ivf journey...made her stronger n more eager to reach her destination n achieve her mission....very impressive lady...

These relatives' have really foul mouth!

My mummy found out coz I was admitted to A&E n hospitalized due to post ER complication..it was my sister's bdae tt day n they were expecting me to join them for a dinner...we tried so hard to keep mum but pijar lobang that day..my mummy was pretty upset I din tell her...her stand was having baby or nt is not a major concern or must to her..but if I get into any issues,how can she b the last to noe?
I kinda understand her thots...

Subsequently, we only tell mums...

N true news travel very fast one...tongue wagging....o_O

Btw, u all noe fan weiqi n blackie?Taiwanese celebrities...their baby boy twins r fruits of 2nd ivf...they shared honestly but got critical comments from friends...n blackie apologized...y?I dun understand y he has to apologize for something they worked hard for...
And another lady Chen mingzhen...she attempted 20 times for ivf...:eek:..3 weeks ago, she was on tv with her twins n she thank those that supported her n those that criticized her on her ivf journey...made her stronger n more eager to reach her destination n achieve her mission....very impressive lady...

I told my mom about my IVF so that she will stop nagging me to give her grandkid.

Yes I know those celebrities. I truly admire their strength and courage to go for IVF. I'm happy that their efforts paid off at the end :) They certainly face much more pressure due to being celebrities. I agree that they owe noone an appology for their IVF! IVF is not black magic and does not harm other people, why need to appologise to those narrow-minded people? Those opposers never face infertility before and do not understand the desperation that infertile couples face to get to parenthood.

Last edited:
I think my mum will kill me if she ever finds out that I hid it from her! :D But my mil won't understand. Anyway... we hv to see what works best for us.

@remembeRainbow congrats on reaching the milestone of 3 months! I'm abt 5 weeks behind you. Counting down too, can't wait to be in a safer phase. I hv no symptoms at all. Can eat can sleep. Same as first time but first time not worried. hopefully everything is ok.

I think my mum will kill me if she ever finds out that I hid it from her! :D But my mil won't understand. Anyway... we hv to see what works best for us.

@remembeRainbow congrats on reaching the milestone of 3 months! I'm abt 5 weeks behind you. Counting down too, can't wait to be in a safer phase. I hv no symptoms at all. Can eat can sleep. Same as first time but first time not worried. hopefully everything is ok.

No symptoms is good...I heard of mummies hoping tt they can live as per normal but their morning sickness can really b terrible...happy for u....:D

Last edited:

Thanks alot for sharing this article!so appreciated...
For the past coming 1.5yr on this ivf journey not counting the iui year, I hav always wanted to handle my emotions on my own. On top of the tremendous work stress b4 I resigned,I need to b the normal smiling me but i was suffering really badly emotionally n mentally...until my last fet, I broke down badly...nvr so badly coz I felt I hav show hand all my chips...I'm so glad that I decided to join this forum n share my thots...it gives me courage to tread on..

Thank you ladies...making me proud to b 1 in 8

I can identify with every single word.
I used to think that if one day I get my bfp, I'd be jumping with joy & all the heartache I had will be forgotten.
I was wrong.
When I first saw my positive HCG report, I sobbed terribly. It was as if I let out all the hurt & pain accumulated all these yrs. I was happy, but surprisingly not as happy as I thought I'd be.
Even until this moment, I tear whenever I think of what I've gone thru. No amts of bfps will ever make that pain go away. But I choose to use this pain to remind myself to be thankful for this blessing. That same pain will motivate me to treasure my bb more.
And I won't want to forget that pain, cos I don't want to be immune to the same pain that many others are still going thru.

And yes, I'm a 1 in 8 too :)

I can identify with every single word.
I used to think that if one day I get my bfp, I'd be jumping with joy & all the heartache I had will be forgotten.
I was wrong.
When I first saw my positive HCG report, I sobbed terribly. It was as if I let out all the hurt & pain accumulated all these yrs. I was happy, but surprisingly not as happy as I thought I'd be.
Even until this moment, I tear whenever I think of what I've gone thru. No amts of bfps will ever make that pain go away. But I choose to use this pain to remind myself to be thankful for this blessing. That same pain will motivate me to treasure my bb more.
And I won't want to forget that pain, cos I don't want to be immune to the same pain that many others are still going thru.

And yes, I'm a 1 in 8 too :)

I alr tearing when I read the article, teared even more when I read ur msg....

Back