2WW - for those TTC-ing

Jus to confirm, is this opk or hpt? Cos u mentioned U are in your 2ww.
Hi bellebaby, Im using OPK here as i run out of HPT. Testing for pregnancy actually.
Im in CD 38 and not a regular cycler. I read here before that people use OPK to test pregnancy too so i try. i guess is false alarm bah.

@Momo Mum Do you have constant cramps and feeling tired easily?? the cramp seems to be more constant for the past few days but its dull cramp... managed to make an appointment with a gynae (intro by hubby's frens Dr Tho Chin Keong )

Heard from hubby's fren he delivers at Mt A and TMC ... and his stitching skills not bad. charges also reasonable .

@Momo Mum Do you have constant cramps and feeling tired easily?? the cramp seems to be more constant for the past few days but its dull cramp... managed to make an appointment with a gynae (intro by hubby's frens Dr Tho Chin Keong )

Heard from hubby's fren he delivers at Mt A and TMC ... and his stitching skills not bad. charges also reasonable .

You can join the MTB forum. More discussions there.

Reactions: Z2
Hi bellebaby, Im using OPK here as i run out of HPT. Testing for pregnancy actually.
Im in CD 38 and not a regular cycler. I read here before that people use OPK to test pregnancy too so i try. i guess is false alarm bah.
Ahhh, I see:) I did try to use opk for fun to see what I get when I BFP. I get two very dark lines (jus like what I get when u get positive opk). Maybe u should get hpt instead :) then no need to guess:) Jia you!:)

I'm on CD39 and I still get BFN. Run to get a HPT . Hope to hear good news from you. Jia you!

Thanks for the information. Looks like I should arrange an appointment with my gynea soon.. Thanks so much! =)

I just went to see the gynea for a check.. The urine test is still slightly positive but nothing seen in the womb on the u/s.. It feels so much like a joke.. I'm pregnant but actually I'm no pregnant.. The check already cost me $214.. Am asked go go back for a check in 2 weeks time to check just to ensure that the test goes back to negative.. I'm so no feel like going back.. =(

Last edited:
I just went to see the gynea for a check.. The urine test is still slightly negative but nothing seen in the womb on the u/s.. It feels so much like a joke.. I'm pregnant but actually I'm no pregnant.. The check already cost me $214.. Am asked go go back for a check in 2 weeks time to check just to ensure that the test goes back to negative.. I'm so no feel like going back.. =(
i thought need to wait for 5 to 6 weeks before you can see anything in the womb?
i think u shld go for blood test coz the accuracy is the highest...

but not sure why your gynae so exp.. my gynae ultrasound is only $50

Hi ladies.. need some help here.. anyone suffering from bad migraine during 2ww? Im suffering from bad headaches from monday till now.. is a on off thingy but it can be so painful that i felt nausea :(:(
I have jus tested using a opk & has a v v faint line.. can somone help me to see as my hubby told me is a negative as per the package instruxtiona.. feel so sad so i decidw to ask help herw.. pls advise..
shld use tje HPT to test

i thought need to wait for 5 to 6 weeks before you can see anything in the womb?
i think u shld go for blood test coz the accuracy is the highest...

but not sure why your gynae so exp.. my gynae ultrasound is only $50

I also don't know why leh.. I didn't go to my usual gynea at TMC.. I just went to Hii Women's Clinic which is just downstairs my house.. Dr Hii is also not that assuring one.. He say the endometrium is very thin so unlikely will grow.. I think I'm really not going back to Dr Hii liao..

Is it really necessary to go back for follow up?

Last edited:
First time consultation is like that de. Usually

Consultation - 120 , 2nd time onwards will be cheaper
Urine test - 10
Ultrasound - 80? Subsequent will be cheaper

Plus GST.. got la.. at least 200.

U should go for a blood test.. since still faint positive.

I also don't know why leh.. I didn't go to my usual gynea at TMC.. I just went to Hii Women's Clinic which is just downstairs my house.. Dr Hii is also not that assuring one.. He say the endometrium is very thin so unlikely will grow.. I think I'm really not going back to Dr Hii liao..

Not necessary to go back to him.
Find another Gynae.
Suggest u go to another Gynae 2 wks time... Since u are not comfortable with this doc...

I experienced the same thing too... Went to adhoc Gynae and he also said something negative to me and didn't bother to go back .. So angry with his comment...

It's normal for 1st consultation to be $200+ now..

Find another Gynae.
Suggest u go to another Gynae 2 wks time... Since u are not comfortable with this doc...

I experienced the same thing too... Went to adhoc Gynae and he also said something negative to me and didn't bother to go back .. So angry with his comment...

First time consultation is like that de. Usually

Consultation - 120 , 2nd time onwards will be cheaper
Urine test - 10
Ultrasound - 80? Subsequent will be cheaper

Plus GST.. got la.. at least 200.

U should go for a blood test.. since still faint positive.

The gynea didn't suggest to do a blood test leh.. What is the difference actually? Actually if I really conceived I should be at the end of 4 weeks now.. Maybe that's why can't see anything yet?

Find another Gynae.

Ya I will definitely go back to my usual gynea the next time round.. I was told Dr Hii's consultation is $100 for every visit not only for 1st visit..

Cos blood test is the most accurate to determine pregnancy. this is to test for HCG level. U took a blood test today and then do again 2 days later to see if the HCG doubles. If it does.. the pregnancy is confirmed and not a miscarriage.. cos u r still having pregnancy test which is positive. . U wan to rule out etopic. Cos if u have etopic.. this will damage ur tubes and u may not be able to conceive in future.. not scaring u.. but am telling u what I know.

The gynea didn't suggest to do a blood test leh.. What is the difference actually? Actually if I really conceived I should be at the end of 4 weeks now.. Maybe that's why can't see anything yet?
coz 4 weeks is too small to see anything... is like a seed size, hard to see in ultrasound...
if blood test comes negative, 99% it is really negative....

2nd mth TTC failed. AF report today. Nevermind. Be positive and keep trying. Only u/s then can detect blocked tubes? Or is there any symptoms beforehand?

Hi ladies,

Been awhile since I pop in this thread, tested positive during CNY. All was a shock as we have been trying for a year with some small episode in btw. Just to share my what I did during the last few months of TTC:

- Stopped TCM for a couple of months (Too ex), wanted to restart then test positive, but TCM definitely helped my body condition
- Gave up on testing ovulation kit, used only Period Tracker App which I detected that I ovulated early that month
- Red bean soup is one of my constant for diet (once a week)
- Exercise more than usual (I was giving up on ttc, just wanted to take my mind off it, so i turned to exercise.
- That few months, i cut down on meat. Cant rem why, just not one of my choice.

Therefore, dont give up k, i was planning to go for HSG this month if i still dont get preg. Who knows, it is all planned. It will come your way soon. Have faith :)

Hi ladies,

Been awhile since I pop in this thread, tested positive during CNY. All was a shock as we have been trying for a year with some small episode in btw. Just to share my what I did during the last few months of TTC:

- Stopped TCM for a couple of months (Too ex), wanted to restart then test positive, but TCM definitely helped my body condition
- Gave up on testing ovulation kit, used only Period Tracker App which I detected that I ovulated early that month
- Red bean soup is one of my constant for diet (once a week)
- Exercise more than usual (I was giving up on ttc, just wanted to take my mind off it, so i turned to exercise.
- That few months, i cut down on meat. Cant rem why, just not one of my choice.

Therefore, dont give up k, i was planning to go for HSG this month if i still dont get preg. Who knows, it is all planned. It will come your way soon. Have faith :)

Congrats!

I see. Usually how long to wait when one consider going for HSG test?
Not sure ur referring to the waiting time of..?

If how long it takes to get an appointment, my experience was i called on day 1, then I was given a slot already. But think it might vary hosp to hosp.

If ur referring to how long one takes before deciding to go for hsg.. Urh, I think if you're planning to go for fertility treatment, I think the gynaes would usually advice u to do it so they can rule out blocked Fallopian tubes as a cause of infertility.

Not sure ur referring to the waiting time of..?

If how long it takes to get an appointment, my experience was i called on day 1, then I was given a slot already. But think it might vary hosp to hosp.

If ur referring to how long one takes before deciding to go for hsg.. Urh, I think if you're planning to go for fertility treatment, I think the gynaes would usually advice u to do it so they can rule out blocked Fallopian tubes as a cause of infertility.

I see. Thank you for enlightening me.

Red bean soup helps in thickening your uterus lining if it is thin. Not too sure how true but it did helped me. My menses was haywire for a couple of months before i started the red bean soup thingy. Can google for more info.

Baby dusts to all ladies~!

Got a question. My period is 'due' next Monday. And today I had dark brown discharge like old blood kind off.

I've been TTC for the whole month actively.
Anyone get this before?

Red bean soup helps in thickening your uterus lining if it is thin. Not too sure how true but it did helped me. My menses was haywire for a couple of months before i started the red bean soup thingy. Can google for more info.

Baby dusts to all ladies~!
Congrats. Did you continue with Rekki prior to that?

Today is my CD 9. I just measured my temperature using ear thermometer at 10.30pm and it's 38 degree Celsius but I don't think I'm having fever. Anyone also has high temperature like this?

Today is my CD 9. I just measured my temperature using ear thermometer at 10.30pm and it's 38 degree Celsius but I don't think I'm having fever. Anyone also has high temperature like this?
BBT cannot be measure by ear thermometer..
only is accurate using tongue thermometer one...

BBT cannot be measure by ear thermometer..
only is accurate using tongue thermometer one...
I think it can still be used if you can use it in a consistent way to monitor the fluctuations. Anyway, my question is not on the fluctuations.

Looks like u have slight fever haha

BBT shd be taken first thing when waking up, cos it's e basal temperature at rest state.. Preferably abt the same time every morn, with approximately same amount of sleep

Lack of sleep will cause a spike in bbt also

I think it can still be used if you can use it in a consistent way to monitor the fluctuations. Anyway, my question is not on the fluctuations.
Digital ear thermometers are intended for use in checking for fever. They are not designed for use as basal body temperature thermometers. While it is possible to use any medical thermometer, the results will not be as accurate.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_5038514_can-used-basal-body-temperature.html

maybe can monitor the fluctuation, but the temperature will be inaccurate...

Last edited:
Hi all, I just gave birth 2 weeks ago. At this time last year, I was still trying to conceive, using opk strips to test for ovulation etc.

Just cleared my wardrobe and realised I have 15 strips of opk left. It's the cheapo kind,bought online. Expires in Dec 2015. Would like to give them away. My confinement ends on 10 may, so if any one of you is interested, can pm me for the opk strips and I can pass them to you near my place after 10 may.

Baby dust to all! :)

Hi all if u r sick will u still try to conceive? I had flu...
During my last appointment, my Chinese physician told me sometimes some women conceive after high fever :)

Anyway, I just saw my Chinese physician again. She said doesn't matter ear or tongue thermometer cos not much difference, as long as temperature high, it's good from tcm point of view.

Hi all, I just gave birth 2 weeks ago. At this time last year, I was still trying to conceive, using opk strips to test for ovulation etc.

Just cleared my wardrobe and realised I have 15 strips of opk left. It's the cheapo kind,bought online. Expires in Dec 2015. Would like to give them away. My confinement ends on 10 may, so if any one of you is interested, can pm me for the opk strips and I can pass them to you near my place after 10 may.

Baby dust to all! :)
If you still have any, may I have some?

Bought a omron basal thermometer yesterday and took my temperature last night, it was 37.5ish and ear thermometer reading was 37.3. Then this morning when I woke up my basal thermometer reading dipped to 36.08. Am I ovulating?

Z2, I'm not sure what your sinseh has shared with you on BBTing. But by measuring randomly in the day/night and comparing the temps, it's not going to give you any clue or right pattern on ovulation.

An one absolute temp won't derive to anything either.

From my many many months of BBTing, a temp will not tell you you're ovulating. It's only after you have ovulated, your BBT will tell you so. You would need to chart consistently to get your cycle pattern.

Back