(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

wah think if i'm week 38 and experiencing contractions so long i prob will end up going hospital then get sent back home haha

turning 35 weeks tomorrow. I downloaded this countdown app on iphone and every few days check back to see how many weeks left. it's a little surreal every week to see it turning from 8 weeks > 7 weeks > 6 weeks > 5 weeks. I still rem when I was 5 weeks preg. Now I'm left with 5 weeks to go...the feeling is..dont know how to describe! haha.
Same! Same!

@eatsleepgym, i had he following signs the day i popped:
1. loose stools twice
2. frequent and intense BH
3. backache that came with BH (otherwise no backache)
4. baby moved a lot lesser
5. bloody show when i went to pee

all these came late at night. i admitted into hospital at 3.30am. hubby was so shocked when i woke him up and said it was time, our boy was ready to come meet the world! turned out i was already 4cm dilated when i got into the labour ward.

@happycsk, very soon will be your turn. feeling excited for you! :)

@furbee, very hard to handover, honestly.. until now still responding to emails from home. my boss also not very happy but no choice lor! not as if i wanted to have my baby preterm. he had to be warded in NICU for 5 days. heart pain. my milk came in on day 4, was tough in the beginning as breasts were really rock hard and i had bad engorgement. ever since i started fully latching baby, it's been good. no more hard like rocks unless i don't empty them. milk supply also more than what baby needs so i pump out the excess and give to my #2. haha!
Starrymommy, I remembered u were supposed to go on csect ended up having a preemie baby. Did doc john yam made it on time to mt a?

hi starrymommy congrats for your beautiful boy! :) here comes busy busy days.. I guess u just need to let go ur work, bo bian not that u want preterm labour right..

Any mommies here catering confinement food? Any recommendation between thomson hospital, nasal essentials and richfood?

http://www.natalessentials.com
I ordered the trial lunch from natal the other day. It was ok. Taste good and not oily.

Starrymommy, I remembered u were supposed to go on csect ended up having a preemie baby. Did doc john yam made it on time to mt a?

I all along planned for VBAC for this 3rd baby. Dr Yam was the one who was pushing for csect as he was worried that my old wound would rupture. Very glad I had a successful VBAC!

And he didn't make it to the hospital in time lor. Hahaha! He was on some course and sent his replacement instead. A very nice, very handsome and very young gynae by the name of Jonathan Wee (you can Google his name to find out more about him). Hubby didn't make it to the hospital in time also. I was literally alone with the hospital staff and they were saying cannot wait any longer as baby's heartbeat was decreasing with every contraction. Plus I was 10cm dilated already despite being on ventolin drip to stall the contractions.

@starrymommy so u didnt take epi or other painkillers? VBAC! Ur dream came true. Lol.

@jjmom i just hit 37wks ytd... Was 3cm dilated since wed....crossing fingers no major contractions nor pain yet, cos my parents holidaying... I still duno how BH feels like, sometimes i tink my bb kicks are already so scarily painful....like anytime can pop thru my skin!

@isenggirl , i wanted to get confinement food, so tat my mum can dun cook, but seems like the price is gg upwards. I think both have gd reviews leh...

Congrats @starrymommy! Seems like ur gals are taking good care of ur boy hor. Did ur CL managed to make it since u delivered earlier?

Ok la since the replacement gynae very handsome wahaha… i shall go google him lol. How come ur hubby wasnt ard, Didnt he go tog w u to hospital? My greatest worry is if i had to be admitted in the middle of e nite and cannot contact my bil/sil to take care of my gal.

Btw pple tell me for #2 if experience all the labour signs must quickly go hospital cos labour shld be very fast. For experienced mummies issit true for u?

Congrats @starrymommy! Seems like ur gals are taking good care of ur boy hor. Did ur CL managed to make it since u delivered earlier?

Ok la since the replacement gynae very handsome wahaha… i shall go google him lol. How come ur hubby wasnt ard, Didnt he go tog w u to hospital? My greatest worry is if i had to be admitted in the middle of e nite and cannot contact my bil/sil to take care of my gal.

Btw pple tell me for #2 if experience all the labour signs must quickly go hospital cos labour shld be very fast. For experienced mummies issit true for u?
My #1was induced @ 40weeks, #2 was delivered at 38weeksduring weekly followup...and I was already 4 or 5cm dilated during that follow up, so asked to stay. So guess its right to say that following birth would be faster?

I all along planned for VBAC for this 3rd baby. Dr Yam was the one who was pushing for csect as he was worried that my old wound would rupture. Very glad I had a successful VBAC!

And he didn't make it to the hospital in time lor. Hahaha! He was on some course and sent his replacement instead. A very nice, very handsome and very young gynae by the name of Jonathan Wee (you can Google his name to find out more about him). Hubby didn't make it to the hospital in time also. I was literally alone with the hospital staff and they were saying cannot wait any longer as baby's heartbeat was decreasing with every contraction. Plus I was 10cm dilated already despite being on ventolin drip to stall the contractions.
Hahaha ok I will go google him. Oh dear how come your hubby not with you? But it's all worth it after seeing your boy huh? Hehe congrats again

Woah.. i hope i will deliver full term.. and i also hope i know the contraction sign as this is my first time. Now i m still going around to shop bb stuff.. looking for confinement food.. and attending antenatal class. still at week 33.. but feeling very heavy already with swollen feet all day..

Hmm.. seems natal essential is much cheaper than thomson. I would probably try theirs too.. thomson food tasting was good too.. just that it is costlier.. I was actually thinking to order 14days only but my hubby encourage me to take full 28days. What if I dun like the food?

@furbee, yes i took epi. i wanted to enjoy the labour and it was a very very pleasant experience. pain free and calm. less than 5 minutes of pushing and he slid out. the epi dosage was just right also. i could still move my legs and toes. totally zero side effects as well! with my #2, i experienced shivering and itchiness. this time round, none of that. very happy!

my hubby sent me to hospital at 2.30am. then later at 9.30am, he left to make sure the girls were okay at home. supposed to come right after lunch, but too late, popped when he was about to reach. lol!

and yes, generally very fast labour for both subsequent births, so best go straight to hospital if you are showing signs. especially if hospital is far from where you are staying at.

@starrymommy glad tat u enjoyed the whole labour! I so looking forward..lol. Already told my dr to prepare epidural for me if i haf enuff time.. Hehe. I aso waiting got the signs b4 i rush to hospital, but still worried what if i dilate further but no signs...i tink during the v examination the mucus plug might have dropped.. :D

@isenggirl , jus go for the full course.. No point eat 14 days den if wan extend not worth leh, somemore unless u got family to help u prepare den not so bad. Thomson is really more ex hor... Maybe cos its established bah...

My #1was induced @ 40weeks, #2 was delivered at 38weeksduring weekly followup...and I was already 4 or 5cm dilated during that follow up, so asked to stay. So guess its right to say that following birth would be faster?

Did u tk epi during ur 2 labour? Will u intend to take? 4cm dilated den u took how long to deliver?? M afraid i may not get to use the epi if im late to arrive leh. :(

Did u tk epi during ur 2 labour? Will u intend to take? 4cm dilated den u took how long to deliver?? M afraid i may not get to use the epi if im late to arrive leh. :(
@ Furbee.. for both my deliveries, I didnt take Epi, any other jabs and even the GAS...so young that time and worry abt cash. just tahan all the way! However, am lucky both my labours only 2∼3 hours of contraction and I popped them out. Maybe cos very young den. Only the second one I lost too much blood due to the tears... had 2 drips on me and 2 jabs to stop the bleed. Was in tje delivery suite for 4∼5 hours after pop to make sure my bleeding stop. For this delivery.. I dunno if I want Epi. If doc suggest for safety reasons, I will. On one hand, I wanna it be as natural as my previous 2, but on other hand.. I'm worried abt the loss of blood.... eeeewwww...

@jjmom wow, must be a scare for ur 2nd preg. But ur brave to go thru the 3rd.. Whats ur kids age gap?? Young or old during labour is no difference (cos we put our faith in the dr) hehe, is during the 9-10mths den can feel the difference.
Lol. 2-3 hrs of contractions den pop! Very fast leh.... I really wish i can endure the pain and save the money too...

@furbee...Hehehe...no money at that time so everything must endure..am sooo young den. kekeke. This delivery will be a gap of 15 years. My eldest is 19 years old and poly 3rd year. for my2nd preg. I wasn't afraid cos me also blur blur.. not vey sure what happened. Just very hungry... Wahahaha.. almost wanna aim my neighbour bed's biscuit when I'm back into ward

@furbee...Hehehe...no money so everything must endure.. kekeke. This delivery will be a gap of 15 years. My eldest is 19 years old and poly 3rd year. for my2nd preg. I wasn't afraid cos me also blur blur.. not vey sure what happened. Just very hungry... Wahahaha.. almost wanna aim my neighbour bed biscuit when I'm back into ward
Wow 15 years gap that's v wide!

@furbee...Hehehe...no money at that time so everything must endure..am sooo young den. kekeke. This delivery will be a gap of 15 years. My eldest is 19 years old and poly 3rd year. for my2nd preg. I wasn't afraid cos me also blur blur.. not vey sure what happened. Just very hungry... Wahahaha.. almost wanna aim my neighbour bed's biscuit when I'm back into ward

Wahhhh....15yrs gap! Salute to you lah!
Its like starting all over again, right!
Really respect u lah!

Btw, any idea where to get bigger size sleeping bra?
Most online stores, q10, the biggest size they have is xl and its up to 40D.
I need a size bigger. For at least 42D. Any recommendations?

I also hope for natural delivery without any pain killers but I am already 40 years old dont know if I have the stamina and perseverance to tahan haha
@ momocrv, nazriah...Hehehe.. ya..15 years gap. When I think back I needed to chase after another baby rascal... send chiils too.. Kekekeke.. but I actually also miss being preggy. Lol...

I had this problem too.. so I grab the autumnz bra during the recent baby fair. $16 for 2..and I got 40 F

My sil bot hers at mother care.. Hers 42DD if i rem. mayb u can online check mothercare web or call them to check for size b4 heading down.

Wah @jjmom really salute u too. Hehe. Ur really considered as a young mummy with grown up kids.. But to go thru the whole process again really nightmare! Lol. I believe u & @momocrv can still go au naturally without painkillers too...

You can try spring maternity, I just saw last weekend a lot of big size bra.

I got 2 of spring maternity bras... dont like the cutting and material. Cutting is small even tho size is big...

Will try mothercare tho.

Hello mommies.. where u all buy disposable undies? Anything meant for pregnant mother (covering tummy area)?
I bought mine at an old shop at Waterloo street. She told me its for pregnant/post natal mummies so the size is v big. $3 for packet of 6 i think. They sell cheap bb clothes too ;)

Now den i realise i havent buy the disposable panties..lol. Lucky got u all here to remind wat else r needed..

And where will u all buy those confinement herbs from if nv order tingkat or ready packed herbs?

I bought the disposable panties at watsons. 2 packs for $7plus. Material very good and not like normal disposable panties. 1 pack has 5 pcs. I bought xxl. Very comfy

I bought my disposable panties from Watsons as well. But I got free size.

As for herbs, I think can get from medicinal shop.

I bought this one from watsons.

Attachments

• 1429493508609.jpg
    1429493508609.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 167
I will be hit 39 weeks tomorrow. But still no sign of labor yet. I have no clue whether I am starting to dilate or not. My gynae have not done any VE so far. Start to counting down now.

Mummies, I just did a heart scan and shows I have two episode of contraction. I am at my 37 weeks. Does it mean bb will come out soon???

Any mummies went to fortune teller or fengshui master to choose a good c sect date for your little one ?
Any recommendation? What is the price ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Back