(2014) ivf mummies support group

Lynn, you mean the brown rice cereal from Eu Yan Sang must cook first, not instant type? My friend mixes 1 teaspoon of that with 2 teaspoon of her EBM for her son to eat.

I did record my girl's crying when she was born. Her first cry.

Yes we have gone through a lot and I'm very glad that all of us here who BFP and give birth around the same time are still keeping in contact here.

Sometimes I wonder when I'm going for #2, will I meet such journey mates like you gals again?

As you can see this thread is for all IVF mummies who gave birth in 2014. Those who gave birth earlier have already more or less stopped chatting here but look at us, those who gave birth in Oct, Nov and Dec. Our little ones are coming almost 6 months old and we are still very chatty here. Where to find such wonderful journey mates? There are just so much to share! Hope we stay strong chatting here and hopefully we do meet up one day.

Honestly I do look for emotional support here when I'm down.

Mummies did u all record ur bb crying sound when they are just born? Yesterday went to visit my frien who just delivered n realise we nv record my boy crying sound n when I hear her bb crying I suddenly miss my boy crying sound when he's just born. Miss those crying sound haha.... Now got to wait for no 2 then can record liao.

Now that u mentioned... ya missed the infant cries

Recently went to my gp whom I have not been visiting for awhile. She commented my figure is different and asked if I'm pregnant. Then she realized I finally given birth. Haha... yes figure changed so much

I went to my dentist that day also he give me those weird look and he say he roughly knew i give birth I guess also the figure la. Lol. Guess the breast fullness and dropping south plays a part too hahaha.

Let's all work hand in hand and this thread will be busy always.

I'm still 3 kg away from my pre pregnancy weight. Weighing 48 kg now. Can wear some of my pre pregnancy clothes. Especially my favourite denim shorts. Hehe!

Ladies, do u feel hungry easily? My appetite now bigger than my dh.. Lucky thing is my weight maintaining 4kg away from my pre pregnancy weight but like forever hungry lol... Told dh is due to breastfeeding.. Dunno is it due to the increased appetite of twinnes tts y i feel hungry very often & need to eat more to generate more supply?

i m below my pre-preg weight but still fatty bum bum.. heard my fren preggie test n scares... so real yet feels so far...

my baby wake up 2look for sm1 to play again... -,-'''zzz....

Hi joy at 4am your bb wants to play? I hope my girls will not have this stage. I see before my friends also complain middle night don't sleep. I am awake for pumping. My last pump was 8.5hours ago lol. I am 3-4kg away my pre pregnancy weight and I told dh I thought I look like before so the extra weight could probably goes to my boobs. I don't feel hungry cause I'm eating all the time :p

Actually ever since the birth of the Twinnies I have not step into cinema with dh. Have not have dating. It's always about Twinnies!

I am 2-3kg away and think the tummy don't go that easily since my appetite grew haha... eating about 40% more than past n always hungry

joy have u tried latching her to sleep? It works for me when my girl wakes up to play in the middle of the night. i let her play on her own for a while then latch her to sleep :)

iwantahealthybaby, my dh roll eyes when he see me with food in my mouth lol.. Usually i take the 3 meals now take more in betweens.. before sleep ate 2 slices of bread with jam lol.. now date with the twinnes! No movies... movies at home!

tried... smtimes latch 2hrs... baby scream è moment i unlatch.. so i jus leave baby play n cry.. u til tired then brg back 2my bed n latch n hopefully sleep.. smtimes latch also dun wan.. very fidgeting... very 2carry n walk then will b quiet.. if u on the lights, baby will smile at u eyes open wide.. hope it passes soon..

Joy, Cheery, you are not alone! I feel you. I latched my girl to sleep and she fell asleep at 11.45 pm. She slept for a good 3 hours, then she woke up at 3 am last night and refused to sleep. Even I latched her, she drank and her eyes were wide open. I let her play in her cot and she just kept rolling here and there. At around 6 am, I finally put her on my bed then 7 am latched her lying on my side and we both slept till 11 am. What a night!!!

Joy, how was your boy's sleep pattern in the past? Is it always like this or has it changed recently? Mine changed when she was 4.5 months old.

Actually Cheerywalnuts I feel u. Not only twins handled by yourself and dh but direct latch means no way u can excuse yourself or give yourself a little break. For me I can still ask my mum to help me while I go out a while to run errands.

I also have been taking leave. Now taking mc somemore. Don't know will kenna fire a not. Any others working mum mum here? Joy? Dolly? Circle? Mschar? Sumiko? Ete?
How is kitkats already?
Cheery, how are you? So far so good? Very peifu you to take care of 2 by yourself.
Bb_hc, not working anymore? Full time mum mum?
Still got who i miss out.
Sister snow, wondering if no. 2 you having a maid to help you?

I am back at work for a month already. Actually my company just went through retrenchment n restructuring,I am post to a new department n I am struggling with work n home daily. Super tired. The tot of resignation is constantly there. Furthermore I hv to now wake up 1 hour earlier daily to pump and wash n sterilise the pump to bring to office. The bfing process become like a chore to me now. I really dunno how long I can last.

But to reward myself, I booked 2 holidays!! 1st in june with my entire family to bangkok. I am bringing my 2 girls too. I even booked for my helper so I have an extra pair of hands. 2nd one is to London and Italy in August. I dunno my company will fire me or not... but dun care la...;)

Lastly, I am dropping hair like crazy... I literally can see almost bald patches at the crown part. I am super depress. My 1st one I only dropped like 1 month. Now aldy 5th month and I am still dropping. Wanna cry...

I am below my pre pregnancy weight too. I am losing too much weight even though I am piling on the high calories food. Cos most of my friends commented that my face looks so sunken now and that's makes me haggard. The other thing I realized also that after I replace my drinking water to full cream milk n milo, my bm's fat content is like 3/4 now. It used to be only like 1/8. And my baby also seems to tahan the feed longer. Maybe it's more filling and more nutritious as I find she also puts on weight.

Wow so much posting already. Just went to baby kingdom and hyperstore to see car seat. Think will get one like osim chair from hyperstore next week. Tomorrow i go mothercare see see. I am also planning to get a junior bed for my girl. Haha.. bigger cot in a way can sleep until big. The person told me the bed can hold up to 40kg don't know real a not. I am planning to take my girl back to take care when she reach 18 months.
Faith, eu yan sang one must cook not instant. That's why i lazy so go and get moon rabbit brand instant one.
Cheery, the play yard you bought how much and how big? Don't know where to get Cheap and nice and big play yard. I saw taobao a lot. But like very ex also.
Mschar, i also got the want to quit feeling but well rice bowl is important. Otherwise how to buy nice bag and stuff. Haha i think a few of us are bag lovers.
Wondering how is kitkats.
Btw ladies, pillow is useless for my baby now. She just turn 360°. So at my mum's place she simply surround my baby with U shape of pillows.

Faithfullyyours, i had a sleepless night yesterday as my girl woke up for dream feed every hour.. Dunno y.. 1st time encounter this.. Think mb growth spurt for her.. btw i went to eu yan sang just now n checked out their brown rice si sen powder.. The staff told me must boil.. not instant type.. If adult consume can use warm water but for baby must boil before giving them

iwantahealthybaby, yap feeding will be always me but i enjoyed it... just tt at night will be endless of disrupted sleep till i stop bf.. They will follow me wherever i go..

lynncandy, i bought for $158 in total the standard plus 2 extra panels.. i saw qoo10 have sale on it too.. baby bear made in Korea.. The title is [Kano]*Premium Baby Item* BABY BEAR Playroom / Safety Cerified / Sturdy / Spacious Baby Kid Safety Room / KIDS Play Toy Slide room / Safe Fence for Babies / Made in Korea / KANO

faith my baby hav this dun wan 2sleep abt 2wks ago.. when he started a runnin nose.. now nose ok but sleep still not ok...

i threw lik 10pkts of frozen breast milk cos fridge/freezer spoil.. n my supply droppin.. each pump less.. will buy dark choc n up fenugreek intake to 3x per day..

i m tryin 2continue breast milk till 6m.. not sure can tahan or not..

i drop hair till can see 2holes.. need 2change hairstyle liao... i got a shock when i saw my photo with é hole near on scalp...

my baby back of scalp also drop hair.. can see é skin already...

joy, y not use for milk Bath or foot Bath instead of throw away?

i shaved my twinnes head when they 4 mth.. now back of scalp also not growing much hair dunno isit becos they lie down on their back more often

i heard b4 can use 4milkbath.. but it was a very luan evenin as i tried 2clean up the water from the melted ice n salvage other thgs.. pek chek...

cherry-share more when ur babies hair start growin.. mines cut till left 3mm at 3m n din grow evenly back.. btw ur twins are both girls?

joy, their hair started growing already. i shaved them both botak... clean shave until shiny bald.. One girl one boy.. boyboy hair grows back more evenly.. girl girl in uneven patches

Joy, I think we might be going through the same thing. My girl had cough, running nose and phlegm 2 weeks ago. Sleep also haywire now.

My BM supply is dropping tremendously all of a sudden. My boobs don't feel full anymore. But I would say my girl now is drinking more effectively because I can hear the sucking and swallowing sounds. I pumped out today after latch. Only yield 60 ml combined. I'm very worried what if I have no supply and she still doesn't take bottle, how to feed FM?

Cheery, you will know it's growth spurt if she also keeps wanting to be fed in the day. If it's just in the night, it may not be. Growth spurt usually lasts for a few days only. If it lasts longer, it might be sleep regression.

I brought my girl to KKH last week when she was having cough, running nose and phlegm that she vomited and couldn't sleep. I also told the doctor about her sleep problem.

She told me that at 4 months old, baby's sleep pattern starts to mature and she will begin to sleep like an adult. Our sleep pattern is like a sine wave: light sleep and deep sleep. When we are in deep sleep, it's hard to wake us up. When we enter light sleep, this is the time we might wake up but most of the time we don't because we know how to fall back to sleep and enter deep sleep again. During light sleep, we might turn our bodies unknowingly or we will wake up to go to the toilet. Now baby's sleep pattern is also like that. But the problem is when she enters light sleep, she must know how to fall back to deep sleep or else, she will wake up and cry and fuss. Baby has a cycle of 60 minutes while adults have 90 minutes. So if your baby starts waking up every hour in the night, this could be the reason.

The doctor suggested to sleep train my girl. But I'm a bit hesitant to do that because I believe everyone knows how to sleep. It's just a matter of time for baby to sleep through the night.

By the way, I also read somewhere that babies who are fed on demand and still go for night feeds have higher IQ. Don't know how true this is. Haha!

My boy have respiratory issues as well. Went through same issues before; cough till awaken, vomit and develop bronchitis. Do try diffusing therapeutic grade essential oils to ease the coughing so that they can sleep better and not be awaken due to coughing. Speedy recovery to your little ones.

Hi Haley, do join us in this thread :) we welcome more contributions? Anything under the sun.

Mschar so u mean u every meal drink full cream and milo? I feel my bm fat content not a lot cause when chilled only one thin layer on top. My girls still 3hrly. Actually elder can last longer cause even 3hrly I feed her she doesn't drink all at one go.

My younger I think sttn Tdy yesterday put her on bouncer at 10pm and till now I wake pump she still sleeping. Now is almost 7am. Because she sleep bouncer not beside me I didn latch her and I wake up to leaking boobs. First time experience this. My pillow and shirt all wet.

Faith maybe your supply is not dropping just that your girl is sucking more and faster. Anyway u girls have ur menses yet? Mine haven't. Hope it doesn't come cause they say if menses come supply will drop further.

My hair fall I think under control now. Seems like not much compare to 1mth ago. Previously also quite bad can see floor always chunks. But now even my dh say not much on floor. Hope it doesn't drop anymore. My girls hair also got hole now corner sides like botak.

Good morning! Just a food pic to spur everyone up. Fried chicken wings/drumlets from 4 fingers. Yummy!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByForum1429410177.719849.jpg
    ImageUploadedByForum1429410177.719849.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 94
Faithfullyyours, she's back to usual yesterday 2/3 hr feed

oh dear hope ur girl is getting better. Do u use nasal spray n help ur girl suck or the phlegm? Usually i help my twinnes to do it if i find their nose block or have running nose or phlegm in throat

Yes IWAHB, I am drinking alot of full cream milk n milo. I heard taking Virgin coconut oil also helps. But I really see the fats layer become 3/4. my bm is so much thicker. Previously is very watery. And when I wash my pump, I can feel it's very oily.

Anyway my girl still wakes up 2 times every night. Very hard for a full time working mum. I feel very tired when I am at work.

I aim to stop bfing totally when she hits 6m. So I am starting to introduce fm.

i also very tempted 2try 2full breastfeed till 6m... aft tat may giv formula @last feed.. hope baby can sleep lik 5 - 7 hrs. i already buy a small can of s26 b4 delivery...

me too I also get ready fm already may start giving at night feeds soon. maybe see if my bm not enough already I will start introducing at night like how I started off during confinement time. time flies really seems like yesterday just deliver at hospital.

ladies what would u change if time allow you to go back to the day u deliver. for me I will insist to latch my elder and not stop cause that time I thought I want either both latch or both bottle feed. I will insist they sleep together even if one cry and disturb the other. I will insist to look after both myself so that they both bond dearly to me :)

Full bf bb aso can sleep thru the night like 5-8 hours straight. It's not true fm then they will sttn.
My gal breaks record ytd that she can slp from her last feed to next morning until I woke her up(almost 10.5hrs)..

http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/law45com.html

I just read this and this is exactly what I believe and going through right now. Just trust our own maternal instincts and do what we think and feel is best for our children.

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/breastfeeding-fact-or-fiction

For BF mums, we still need the night feeds to stimulate milk production. Breastfeeding is never easy! Jiayou for those who are still feeding your LO BM.

I also have the same thoughts as some of you to breastfeed until 6 months which my girl is coming to 6 months old very soon. But the thought of it actually saddens me because now I'm the only source of food for my girl. When she's hungry, she only wants me and nobody else as she rejects bottle. When she feels insecure, lonely, upset, needs warmth, she only wants me. I feel the bond that I have built up with her over these 5.5 months. Even when I need to wake up many times in a night to feed her, pat her to sleep, I know she knows that I'm always there for her. Will I spoil her in the long term as many have suggested to me? Nah...(read the first link that I posted). Though I must admit I did lose my cool and patience with her when I'm seriously deprived of proper night sleep and I seriously feel guilty the very next day.

I always remember that my girl is the one who chooses to stay in my womb for those 38 weeks 3 days to let me have the chance to be her mummy. She's that little one who braved through all the odds against her (a grade 3 embryo, my bleeding episode, not able to locate her in the initial weeks, HCG dropped, finally saw the sac at 5 weeks with no HB and finally hearing her 1st HB at 6.6 weeks). She's determined to stay with me. She gives me hope that I can be pregnant and be a mother. Now that she's out and trying to understand this world every second, she needs me to guide her along and understand how things work. The journey is still very long for both of us. I enjoy every single carry, every single hug, every single breastfeed, every single bath, every single diaper change with her because I truly know that these moments won't last and before I know it, she has already grown up and has her own life. DH once told me he will cry the day she gets married and I believe him because I know how much DH loves his little princess.

Faithfullyyours, i read tt article too! fully agreed! There shld not be a standard rule of 2-3 hrs feed then is considered right n norm.. i will always be there when they need me to nurse them.. my twinnes also reject bottle n fm.. They refuse to drink n will look at me sadly n keeps crying if my dh try to feed them from bottle or spoon.. Last time they both on mixed bm n fm.. will finish 1 pkt of fm in a mth.. now still left with 1/4 pkt after 2 mths.. so now tbf for both.. thinking of bfing them for a yr or two

so long they growing well healthily the rest doesn't matter.. The efforts are worth it

A friend asked me to start planning if I'm going for no. 2... i was thinking that I haven't spent enough time with my little one ... should i even think about no. 2

On Saturday night, I lost my cool and patience with my girl because she kept crying non stop and refused to sleep. I shouted at her because I was so deprived of proper night sleep. DH carried her but she kept turning her head over to look at me with her teary look because I ignored her.

Sunday morning when she woke up, I greeted her the usual way but instead of smiling at me, she turned her head away and refused to have any eye contact with me.

Later in the day, I carried her, played with her, she also didn't smile much and turned her head away. She was very moody. Only until in the evening, then she's better.

She was angry with me.

Cheery, will you go for #3?

Ete, I feel you. I also think that I have not spent enough time with #1. But age is catching up. I'm 35 this year. My initial plan was to breastfeed her to about 10 months to 12 months, then go for FET this year. But now I'm not sure already.

Faithfullyyours, fully understand of losing temper. almost lost my cool a couple of times too when my boy super cranky but took a deep breather n told myself he also dun mean it..

Not gg for no 3.. feel contented & blessed with both of them.. already opted to discard the leftover frosties

Faith, I also find that being sleep deprived caused me to hv a foul temper lately. I just leave her to cry till self soothe. Guilty also but at that moment I really cannot take it already.

I teared when reading ur post saying ur hubby will cry the day ur girl marrys. I feel it too.

Faith, you are not alone. Now my girl also scream and cry. She knows her name when we call her and they are beginning to understand more like when we talk to them and etc. No longer the blurr blurr baby and can cheat them easily.
I got one day never visit my girl then the next day when i visit her, she angry like don't want to look at me. Now they know what is what already.
Lynn is very tired as she got to work in the day, night time visit baby to take care of her for a while so my mum can shower and eat. Then i go home still do housework. At night also need to think of work if got issue. Weekend must take care of my girl full time and yet i got to work late at night at home too if got issue. Really really very very tired. My work is very stress sometime i really feel like not working but again we need money for our baby and parents. I can never give up my work even i am very very tired sigh...

Lynn jiayou!

mummies, it's really not easy to take care of baby n working full time. Really kudos to u all!

joy, understand tt it must be very tiring for u. Is ur baby not feeling well tt time? mb can give EYS 保婴丹? leave to cry for an hour is quite long ur baby persist crying throughout?

Back