Urgently needs help!!!

Fishy23

My LO us coming to 3 mths old next week, slightly after 1 week plus after delivering him, he starts to cry n scream at the top of his voice till voiceless, I knw tt he is sleepy n tried to make him slp in all sorts of positions, lying in bed & pat him, sarong, hand carry in lying position, upright position, walk around, pram, putting oil onto his stomach, whitenoise or lullaby...1st few time works n subsequently it does nt work....e way he cry is way too scary...it's very heartache to see him cry this way...I dun dare bring him out as he does tt even when we are inside transport or outside.

Have you bring your LO to pd? Is your LO not feeling well?

May I know whether is only a specific timing that your LO cry in this scary manner?

Brought him to see doc at Mt Alvernia 24 hr clinic during one of e weekend evenings n doc say stomach nt bloated n prescribed some medic for wind n tt al.

Do you drive? If yes, see if you have someone drive the car while you hold him upright and make him see outside. A PD had once told me that babies tend to calm down in a moving car. Also, do check his bed, pillows, clothes etc for ants. Sometimes, unknown to us tiny ants crawl up the mattress, specially if milk is spilt. Do check his arm pits, thighs, hips etc to see if there is any ant bite.

if the doc has ruled out illness n said it is just wind bothering your baby. then i had that same experience and i was prescribed something called ridwind if i rem correctly. it happened when bb was around 3 months old too. u can try to lift up n move his legs as though he is cycling. it helps to get rid of wind. otherwise u can hold his body over your lap with head facing floor. google up on helping your baby get rid of wind. i tried all the methods n to be honest the best was still ridwind medication n u have to give it punctually.

Colic baby? My niece was one. Always crying non stop and pd diagnosed that she's a colic baby and yes ridwind helps.

My girl was like that and she literally lost her voice for a week cos everyday cry out loud.. she was only 2 mths that time. . But after that the voice slowly returns.. I believe it's just a phrase. .

Baby fuss over almost anything. . By 4 mths.. will get better and better..

Colic baby most likely... Or sometimes is just something they dont feel happy about or irritated.... its really a guessing game. Temperature, light, sound, or simply a button on the clothes etc all can be causes. Instead of stay at home, can try to bring him out, movement can help to calm down baby, stroll him around for some fresh air or have a car ride if ur family drive.

In such cases, if u have tried all sorts of methods but do seems to work, u should use a traditional way. Buy a bottle of Jin Feng Shan at Fu Hua or any chinese medicine shop, sometimes the baby might be scared so will keeps on crying. Jin Feng Shan can helps for calming

Most likely is colic. Is v common for baby. Try rubbing baby stomach. Take dentinox infant colic drops. And always make sure baby burp after taken his milk.

Babies cannot control their emotions. Normally I try to coax my daughter to calm down before she explodes into a crying nightmare; when she does not, its almost impossible to console her. Most of the time the babies cry, its a matter of trial and error to find out the real cause of her feeling upset. But yes, colic is a very common cause for such behaviour. I mentioned to a PD once that my daughter may be colicky, hence her feeling so unsettled. The response i got was that it is a passing phase and it will go away. So there's nothing much we can do except to wait it out

Back