IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

hi @Kimchi-ger and @jas249 I am on natural FET - no jabs/meds to regulate ovulation. Doc decides on natural or medicated FET for the patient. I called KKIVF on day 1 of menses and started scanning on D8, started ovulation monitoring on D10, ovulated D13 and scheduled for ET on D16. My cycle is 28~32 days. The meds (progesterone support) will start post-ET.

I have 3 frosties which will be thawed on ET day. We wouldn't know how many would survive till the scheduled ET itself. Fingers crossed.

Anyone knows wad is the process for FET? Still need jabs like Fresh cycle?
Hi bunnymuimui, may i know wat is the procedure for FET? R u doing natural or medicated FET? And any idea how many HL days given for FET? I shld b doing mine in may...n thinking to do endo scratch b4 my FET...thanks :)

hi @Kimchi-ger and @jas249 I am on natural FET - no jabs/meds to regulate ovulation. Doc decides on natural or medicated FET for the patient. I called KKIVF on day 1 of menses and started scanning on D8, started ovulation monitoring on D10, ovulated D13 and scheduled for ET on D16. My cycle is 28~32 days. The meds (progesterone support) will start post-ET.

I have 3 frosties which will be thawed on ET day. We wouldn't know how many would survive till the scheduled ET itself. Fingers crossed.
Thanks bunnymuimui for the sharing...gd luck to ur bfp :)

Forgot to share... no HL for FET. No downtime. Doc will gladly give couple days of MC if you ask. Just R&R.
I've never done endo scratch. It seems effective for some sisters. No harm giving it a shot.

Thanks bunnymuimui for the sharing...gd luck to ur bfp :)

Hi ladies, i am decided between Dr Tan HH and Dr Matthew Lau, any reasons why you ladies choose Dr Tan over Dr Matthew Lau? Thanks!

Forgot to share... no HL for FET. No downtime. Doc will gladly give couple days of MC if you ask. Just R&R.
I've never done endo scratch. It seems effective for some sisters. No harm giving it a shot.
Hi bunnymuimui, thanks for sharing. :) What do u mean by 'downtime' n R&R? So did u request for mc n if yes, how many days r u resting?

One more question if u dun mind sharing...how many embies did u trf after thawing? N is the embies still at the same grade after thawing? I got 2 so dunno wat r the chances like after thawing...

Sorry for asking so many questions..

Anyone knows wad is the process for FET? Still need jabs like Fresh cycle?
i on medicated FET. on pills since day 3 of cycle.. they will adjust the dosage depends on yr lining. in total i only went for 3 scans and lining is ready (my previous natural FET went for abt 5 scans and its cancelled as lining is not good and no good size folicles). medicated FET only check lining. Natural FET need right size folicles, lining and ovulation to be ready for ET

Hi, I'm new here. Going for my 2nd IVF in July wt Dr THH. Any advice before starting the jab. My 1st IVF was failed due to egg & sperm didn't fertilize. Sad... appreciate your advice big thx...

Thanks ladies. I'm scheduled for ET this Sat and for my case, Dr Matthew Lau will be covering Dr Tan HH.
Savoured my cup of coffee today and told myself to be good gal (no alcohol, rationed coffee, more water, less work stress) from now on :)
All the best~

Thanks ladies. I'm scheduled for ET this Sat and for my case, Dr Matthew Lau will be covering Dr Tan HH.
Savoured my cup of coffee today and told myself to be good gal (no alcohol, rationed coffee, more water, less work stress) from now on :)

All the best n gd luck!!! :)

Hi, I'm new here. Going for my 2nd IVF in July wt Dr THH. Any advice before starting the jab. My 1st IVF was failed due to egg & sperm didn't fertilize. Sad... appreciate your advice big thx...
Joeykw, sorry to hear abt ur 1st attempt.. any reason why your egg & sperm failed to fertilize? Did the doc say anything during review? I juz went to see Dr tan for my 3rd cycle.

Joeykw, sorry to hear abt ur 1st attempt.. any reason why your egg & sperm failed to fertilize? Did the doc say anything during review? I juz went to see Dr tan for my 3rd cycle.

I was there for the embryo transfer and the same day Dr told me failed to fertilize, didn't really tell me any reason. I was really upset n the feeling was... it's beyond words. That was in Oct 2013, we were taking TCM since then. TCM mention there is possibility of egg n sperm reject each other but Dr Tan said that's TCM theory.

I thought failed to fertilise case would be made known a day after ER and not during ET. Did they call u up on day 2 to let you know how many eggs were retrieved and how many fertilised?
I can fully understand how u feel.. for my 1st ivf, when I get a sudden call from nurse that my embryo failed to grow, it was devasting for me as well.

Hi @joeykw the doc decided on IVF-ICSI for us. During ICSI, the lab technicians insert individual sperm into individual egg. This increases fertilization success for couples with certain factors. Read more here. If not for ICSI, perhaps we may not have anything to transfer. See if you want to pursue this with your doc. There are supplements to improve sperm and egg quality. You can also ask Doc abt prescribing some for you too. You are with a good Dr. Hope all goes well for you on your next attempt.

I was there for the embryo transfer and the same day Dr told me failed to fertilize, didn't really tell me any reason. I was really upset n the feeling was... it's beyond words. That was in Oct 2013, we were taking TCM since then. TCM mention there is possibility of egg n sperm reject each other but Dr Tan said that's TCM theory.

Last edited:
@jas249 "no downtime" as in no physical discomfort or inconvenience due to the (natural) ET. Literally, can resume normal activity as if no IVF :p I am opting for Rest and Relax (R&R) - movies and sleep and sent my #1 to my mom's for the weekend.

Today's my ET. I had 3 frosties left from my fresh last Oct. Just minutes before embryo transfer, the lab informed Dr Tan HH that only 1 survived and so we transferred a Grade 2 (minimum Grade 2 required for thaw cycle. Grade 5 is best). Overall for this fresh cycle started at 36yo, my 14 eggs yielded 5 fertilized embryos and only 3 eventually transferred to my womb (2 in last Oct and 1 today). I cannot complain since I still have one chance today. Must be optimistic! KKH gave me 3-days MC for Sat-Sun-Mon. Nurse said that 3-days MC is the standard. I'll assess whether to go work on Mon.

I think embryo grades are constantly changing with each day of growth. Freezing/Thawing are stressful procedures so any embryo that survive is a tough cookie regardless of grading. My #1 was from an average Grade 3 Day 2 thawed frostie. Respect for the little one's fighting spirit! :) You must be mentally prepared for the worst and hope for the best. All the best.

Hi bunnymuimui, thanks for sharing. :) What do u mean by 'downtime' n R&R? So did u request for mc n if yes, how many days r u resting?
One more question if u dun mind sharing...how many embies did u trf after thawing? N is the embies still at the same grade after thawing? I got 2 so dunno wat r the chances like after thawing...

Dr Tan HH cancelled leave and was back at work today. Strong work ethics to be around for his scheduled patients ;)

Hi ladies, after ET suppose to stay home right? cos need to put the vaginal insert? how do your go to work then? Can the medication be taken orally? I am starting my 2nd fresh this mth.

@jas249 "no downtime" as in no physical discomfort or inconvenience due to the (natural) ET. Literally, can resume normal activity as if no IVF :p I am opting for Rest and Relax (R&R) - movies and sleep and sent my #1 to my mom's for the weekend.

Today's my ET. I had 3 frosties left from my fresh last Oct. Just minutes before embryo transfer, the lab informed Dr Tan HH that only 1 survived and so we transferred a Grade 2 (minimum Grade 2 required for thaw cycle. Grade 5 is best). Overall for this fresh cycle started at 36yo, my 14 eggs yielded 5 fertilized embryos and only 3 eventually transferred to my womb (2 in last Oct and 1 today). I cannot complain since I still have one chance today. Must be optimistic! KKH gave me 3-days MC for Sat-Sun-Mon. Nurse said that 3-days MC is the standard. I'll assess whether to go work on Mon.

I think embryo grades are constantly changing with each day of growth. Freezing/Thawing are stressful procedures so any embryo that survive is a tough cookie regardless of grading. My #1 was from an average Grade 3 Day 2 thawed frostie. Respect for the little one's fighting spirit! :) You must be mentally prepared for the worst and hope for the best. All the best.
Hi bunnymuimui, thanks for sharing so much..ur sharing is reali v informative..:) Quite worried if my frosties wl survived after thaw...:(

U hv a gd R&R 2ww n gd luck to ur bfp!!! Jia you!!! :)

I thought failed to fertilise case would be made known a day after ER and not during ET. Did they call u up on day 2 to let you know how many eggs were retrieved and how many fertilised?
I can fully understand how u feel.. for my 1st ivf, when I get a sudden call from nurse that my embryo failed to grow, it was devasting for me as well.

Hi bbpooh81, for my case no. I even changed myself all ready for ET and waited outside. Dr Tan came to inform me... I burst into crying and kept asking why why why... I always wonder how they manage the embryo, my gf suppose to transfer 2 embryos but on actual day 1 is actually damaged. So only 1 is transferred but... negative. She sort of blame the hospital but well... what more can we do rite? Like some of u said, prepared for the worst hope for the best. We are all warriors when we decided to go for IVF journey. All the best to all... At least we hv a platform to share n encourage each other. So life not too bad though, rite? 加油!

Hi @joeykw the doc decided on IVF-ICSI for us. During ICSI, the lab technicians insert individual sperm into individual egg. This increases fertilization success for couples with certain factors. Read more here. If not for ICSI, perhaps we may not have anything to transfer. See if you want to pursue this with your doc. There are supplements to improve sperm and egg quality. You can also ask Doc abt prescribing some for you too. You are with a good Dr. Hope all goes well for you on your next attempt.
Hi bunnymuimui, Dr Tan said I can only go for IVF. Both me n hubby taking TCM since the last IVF in end 2013. Glad that the AMH & sperm test result is much better, so I really hope this time I'm gonna make it!
Do u ladies control on diet b4 n during jab? As in what food to avoid or just as per normal? TCM only ask us to avoid cold stuff. Appreciate if some of u may share some tips... thx thx!

Hi ladies, after ET suppose to stay home right? cos need to put the vaginal insert? how do your go to work then? Can the medication be taken orally? I am starting my 2nd fresh this mth.
If Meganl, it depends on individuals. Some ladies went back to work after ET even though they have hosp leave. Apparently fresh cycle they give you hosp leave from ER onwards to BT. FET maybe just some Mc days.
Yes need to put insert, progesterone 2 capsule 3 times a day. So the afternoon slot if you are in office will need to be done in the washroom. I had a hard time struggling with this inserts in previous cycle so they change for me to gel type instead which is twice a day. Easier for me :)

Hi bunnymuimui, Dr Tan said I can only go for IVF. Both me n hubby taking TCM since the last IVF in end 2013. Glad that the AMH & sperm test result is much better, so I really hope this time I'm gonna make it!
Do u ladies control on diet b4 n during jab? As in what food to avoid or just as per normal? TCM only ask us to avoid cold stuff. Appreciate if some of u may share some tips... thx thx!

Hi joeykw, if I'm not wrong, in Kkh their ivf c/w icsi. You should have a copy of the consent form signed which also specify so. And I guess the lab will try their best to give our embryos a chance up till the last min of ET to see if they can make it & survive. But yes, always must be mentally prepared that it can go either way. Hope this cycle will work out for you.

For me I eat normally avoiding spicy & cold stuffs. Also non fried/raw items to avoid falling sick. Loads of egg white & red bean soup, some Brazil nuts along the way & LRD drink. Going for my 2nd fresh this mth so gona follow the same receipe ba I guess. But dun stress out yourself too much about it ya.

May ur strong warrior stick all the way.. All the best of luck.. I need to catch ur baby dust soon.. :)

Hi, jas249,

Some additional info for u..
For my fresh #1 in 2011, I collected my last 2 embryos in Dec 2014. I was v worried like u but my warriors hang on tight & both survived the thaw @ grade 3 (they were frozen @ grade 4). But stil bfn lah..

My fren on the other hand, thaw 2. Only 1 survived, & was after 1 additional day of thawing.. End up bfp.. So, reali, all not within our control.. We can only have faith & pray..

My FET in dec - I was oso given standard 3 days HL (note, mine was written hL) by kkh. Then I went back to work some days, took leave some other days.. To let myself stay sane during the 2ww.. If u wan, u can try request for longer HL.. If the Dr ok, kkh ll give too..

Btw, after ur review w Dr Tan, can let me know when he suggest ur FET to b? I failed my fresh #2 in mar cycle. Wonder if I Shld do FeT in may or jun?

Hi all, can I check when you ladies take western medicine and TCM, how many hours apart did you take these two and usually which do u take first? I went TCM today and they gave me some packets of medicine to drink. But I do take Blackmores conceive well gold, folic and fish oil as well.

hi @joeykw my IVF includes ICSI. You can check your IVF bill. Check for a row that says IVF-ICSI at S$4K+. Like @milogal88 says, KKH will try whatever means it takes to fertilize the eggs.

I don't observe any particular diet. I do take more of the date/wolfberry drink, and abstain from cold drinks. @milogal88 suggestion sounds good. Manageable to make/find the "good" foods.

Hi joeykw, if I'm not wrong, in Kkh their ivf c/w icsi. You should have a copy of the consent form signed which also specify so. And I guess the lab will try their best to give our embryos a chance up till the last min of ET to see if they can make it & survive. But yes, always must be mentally prepared that it can go either way. Hope this cycle will work out for you.

For me I eat normally avoiding spicy & cold stuffs. Also non fried/raw items to avoid falling sick. Loads of egg white & red bean soup, some Brazil nuts along the way & LRD drink. Going for my 2nd fresh this mth so gona follow the same receipe ba I guess. But dun stress out yourself too much about it ya.

Hi, jas249,

Some additional info for u..
For my fresh #1 in 2011, I collected my last 2 embryos in Dec 2014. I was v worried like u but my warriors hang on tight & both survived the thaw @ grade 3 (they were frozen @ grade 4). But stil bfn lah..

My fren on the other hand, thaw 2. Only 1 survived, & was after 1 additional day of thawing.. End up bfp.. So, reali, all not within our control.. We can only have faith & pray..

My FET in dec - I was oso given standard 3 days HL (note, mine was written hL) by kkh. Then I went back to work some days, took leave some other days.. To let myself stay sane during the 2ww.. If u wan, u can try request for longer HL.. If the Dr ok, kkh ll give too..

Btw, after ur review w Dr Tan, can let me know when he suggest ur FET to b? I failed my fresh #2 in mar cycle. Wonder if I Shld do FeT in may or jun?
Hi queenie122009, thanks for the sharing!!! :) I supposed u hv bfp in 2011 during ur fresh #1...congrats!!!

Sure...i wl update u once im done my review wif dr tan on this wed...i think mine shld b in may, hopefully!!! btw, how many embies u hv for FET? I left 2 onli...hope they can survive during the thaw...

Hi all, can I check when you ladies take western medicine and TCM, how many hours apart did you take these two and usually which do u take first? I went TCM today and they gave me some packets of medicine to drink. But I do take Blackmores conceive well gold, folic and fish oil as well.
Hi CTTC, 2 hr apart when u take western med n TCM. For me, i normally take folic n Blackmores conceive well first b4 i take my TCM..

hi @joeykw my IVF includes ICSI. You can check your IVF bill. Check for a row that says IVF-ICSI at S$4K+. Like @milogal88 says, KKH will try whatever means it takes to fertilize the eggs.

I don't observe any particular diet. I do take more of the date/wolfberry drink, and abstain from cold drinks. @milogal88 suggestion sounds good. Manageable to make/find the "good" foods.
Hi bunnymuimui, mine oso include ICSI but i dunno y im included in ICSI...do u know urs? I was thinking to ask dr tan when i see him this wed..

Hi queenie122009, thanks for the sharing!!! :) I supposed u hv bfp in 2011 during ur fresh #1...congrats!!!

Sure...i wl update u once im done my review wif dr tan on this wed...i think mine shld b in may, hopefully!!! btw, how many embies u hv for FET? I left 2 onli...hope they can survive during the thaw...

Actually, My #1 is from FET #1 not fresh #1.. :)

I oso left 2 this time round.. Hope our warriors there can jiayou together, yah..

Hi CTTC, 2 hr apart when u take western med n TCM. For me, i normally take folic n Blackmores conceive well first b4 i take my TCM..

Hi Jas, thank you! Btw I was reading the other comments and wondering, what is 2WW?

Hi sisters anyone er or et this week plz. Just wanna know cycle buddies . Am on day 6 of stim and this morning started runny nose and sore throat. Scared stiff and worried. Anyone had flu during stim and wat did you do pls? My scan is tomorrow so Will be going kk tomorrow to ask doc as well. The weather isnt helping at all

Am under dr tan and this is my third fresh. First was at nuh under prof pc wong uaing gonal f in 2013. Only got 7 eggs from left ovary 4 matured 3 fertilized. Failed. 2nd under dr hh tan 2014 using puregon ans menopur. Got 16 eggs 10 matured and 2 fertilized. Successful pregnancy but eneded in miscarriage on week 7. Started stim last wed. On 450 pergoveris. Today is day 6 stim. Having bad cold since morning. First time sick during stim. Just taking alot of water. Tomorrow day 7 scan at kk.

I have faced many challenges in this journey. Thalessemia scar, bad infections after miscarriage, cyst fibroids endometriosis adenomyosis. Am hoping and praying hard my 3rd fresh would answer my prayers. Wish all sisters in this journey success without hurdles soon.

Hi there, thanks! Bcoz of the 1st failure I really need to be more conscious abt my diet n also my stress level... I'm eczema patient, so another problem also. It comes on n off and can be really stressful! I'm going to do blood test next mth and IVF is scheduled for July.
All the best for all ladies, we know u are doing your best... +U!

Last edited:

Hihi thx for the advice. How often do u drink red bean soup? I saw some pple said red date & longan but not sure how often do I take? Looking forward for your good news... keep us inform ya, take care!

Weather is hot these days. Take care and nurse that flu for better health during ER. I just had ET last Sat. 3 days HL and back to work. All the best with your fresh.

Hi sisters anyone er or et this week plz. Just wanna know cycle buddies . Am on day 6 of stim and this morning started runny nose and sore throat. Scared stiff and worried. Anyone had flu during stim and wat did you do pls? My scan is tomorrow so Will be going kk tomorrow to ask doc as well. The weather isnt helping at all

Hi Ladies, this is my 2nd fresh n dr prescribed saizen n pregoveris. Going to start injecting on Thursday n feel stressful abt it. Issit painful? For ladies who tried this medication, issit better than puregon?

Hi Ladies, this is my 2nd fresh n dr prescribed saizen n pregoveris. Going to start injecting on Thursday n feel stressful abt it. Issit painful? For ladies who tried this medication, issit better than puregon?
Hi am on pergoveris this cycle. Kk has started using pergoveris quite extensively. Previously i was on puregon and menopur. Tho 16 eggs only 2 made it to transfer. Now on day 7 pergoveris and am at kk for first scan. Googled abt this med and alot said it yield better quality eggs. I wont know till my ET how this med worked on me. Follicle number wise looks ok.

Morning all! I'm new here. Can I know what the procedure like for Ivf? Dr Tan HH have arrange a Ivf for me during June. Will be going for the briefing about Ivf. Feeling scare and worry.

Hihi thx for the advice. How often do u drink red bean soup? I saw some pple said red date & longan but not sure how often do I take? Looking forward for your good news... keep us inform ya, take care!

@joeykw For RBS I drink almost daily from stimulation till 1 or 2 days after ET as long as my vendor (aka my hubby) is able to da-bao for me! Haha…but this time my mum is going to cook for me. IMO, it does help to build up lining to a certain extend. Then again, I had daily acupuncture sessions too, so it could be a combination of both that works for me. As for LRD drink, I had it brewed with chicken and drink it as soup instead for my past cycles. I drank it daily for 2WW. But this time round, one of the sisters whom BFP mentioned about drinking it daily in replacement of plain water during her 2WW, But I’ve started drinking since last week as I’m not a fan of plain water so might as well start earlier. But I still brew LRD chicken soup or Black bean chicken soup on a weekly basis. Anyways, I’m still waiting for my AF to arrive which is already delayed by a week. Guess I’m feeling the jitters of going thru another fresh again thus messing up my system.

@mesara, I’m supposed to be your cycle buddy but the AF is still stuck somewhere. But wishing you all the good luck you need and hope this will be the successful cycle for you!

Back