Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

@remembeRainbow and @MonkeyChick,
I will learn from your experiences. I realised i can hold my bladder de..really have to trial run and i need to drink slowly. If i drink too fast, then my bladder will be filled very fast.
Very nervous now for the first time. Hope for the best.

@MonkeyChick, baby dust baby dust.....hooray!!!

Hi all, just started the noris tablet today. first attempt and hopefully the only one. Anyone cycling together next month?

High five Im starting tues! Are u the 7 may cycle or before?
Hi Chloe, i am Chloe too :) due to high blood pressure, I still need to see a heart doc on 22/4, I am scheduled to stims on 30/4 if all is well, then ER say on 13/5. So I not sure is before or after? Very new to all this..

Haha my real name is not chloe, but that's a coincidence! Anw ur a week before me. I didn't know high bp has a effect on ivf

Hi Chloe, i am Chloe too :) due to high blood pressure, I still need to see a heart doc on 22/4, I am scheduled to stims on 30/4 if all is well, then ER say on 13/5. So I not sure is before or after? Very new to all this..

Welcome @queby77!

Who's your doctor? Don't worry, you are in good hands at NUH. The exact ER date depends on your follicles' size at the scans. The nurses will give instruction to you at each visit on what to do next. They will teach you how to do the jabs too.

Hope your heart doc gives you green light for the IVF.

Last edited:
Welcome @queby77!

Who's your doctor? Don't worry, you are in good hands at NUH. The exact ER date depends on your follicles' size at the scans. The nurses will give instruction to you at each visit on what to do next. They will teach you how to do the jabs too.

If her dr is prof, have to switch dr midway cuz prof is gone from 8 may onwards

Woah..do take care ya..high bp is no joke...u can b refused any op if it's too high..that includes ER...also high bp is risky when u hav conceived..take care ya...

Hi, I have the following to let go, pls pm me if keen

1. Opened honeyworld royal jelly + collagen, 180 capsules, left more than 3/4, full bottle retail at $200, selling at $100
Expire 19 dec 2016

2. Estrofem 1mg, $10, expire Aug 2016

As far as i know, high bp and high sugar level will affect the ivf. I am very careful with salt and sugar intake lately, especially drink a lot of red bean soup. If i cook at home, better to use rock sugar than white sugar

Welcome @queby77!

Hi DD,

Am with Prof Wong too, however as known he be away so got to be with Dr Anu or Dr Chew, my 1st iui was also with them..

Thanks for the encouragement hope bp is controlled and good for ivf next mth :)

Hi DD,

Am with Prof Wong too, however as known he be away so got to be with Dr Anu or Dr Chew, my 1st iui was also with them..

Thanks for the encouragement hope bp is controlled and good for ivf next mth :)
Queby,
Cut down on salt intake; there are many food can reduce high bp such as chinese celery etc. My dad high bp has dropped after healthy diet. All the best and hope that you can start ivf journey soon. Jia you

Feeling nervous to wait for CHR nurse to call me and update on the status of snowies and confirmation on FET. Pray hard that both snowies are strong and survive after thaw

Your snowies will be tough fighters for mommy and daddy! Hope you hear good news about them soon. Our thoughts are with you.

@chloe, @lucasmum and @Day_Dreaming,
Thank you all for your well wishes. CHR nurse call abt 4plus to informed me to proceed with ET tomorrow. I asked abt the snowies..she said should be ok. Was wondering will Embryologist will call and update me on the development of snowies after thaw? Hope for the best
Wow! great news! 2ww starts tml! Do update us on the thawing of embryos. I'm also curious what's the survival rates. All the best! and just to share that I went toilet immediately after ET! So I think it's perfectly ok! :) I also opted for single room, so hubby watch tv while he waited for me. after ET, I went toilet, had lunch, went toilet again then slept for 2 hours! The room (room 5) was nice and relaxing. Room 8 has a roaring background noise from all the ventilation and i requested for a change. Sharing my experience. hope u find it useful!

Wow! great news! 2ww starts tml! Do update us on the thawing of embryos. I'm also curious what's the survival rates. All the best! and just to share that I went toilet immediately after ET! So I think it's perfectly ok! :) I also opted for single room, so hubby watch tv while he waited for me. after ET, I went toilet, had lunch, went toilet again then slept for 2 hours! The room (room 5) was nice and relaxing. Room 8 has a roaring background noise from all the ventilation and i requested for a change. Sharing my experience. hope u find it useful!
Lucasmum, thanks so much for the tips. I am preparing to go toilet after ET ;)
My bff told me since only 2 hrs rest, no need to choose single bedroom. Agreed that i love the privacy in single room when i went for ER. Think tomorrow i will rest and go.
Will keep you all update on my status...cant wait to start 2WW...hee hee

My bff told me since only 2 hrs rest, no need to choose single bedroom. Agreed that i love the privacy in single room when i went for ER. Think tomorrow i will rest and go.
Counting down with u!

Actually I rested in the room for 4 hours plus before I left. Nurse said doctor (meaning Prof) took a long time to sign some papers. In any case, the nurse told me I was free to rest as long as I like. So I left close to 5pm actually, for a 1230pm ET.

Actually I rested in the room for 4 hours plus before I left. Nurse said doctor (meaning Prof) took a long time to sign some papers. In any case, the nurse told me I was free to rest as long as I like. So I left close to 5pm actually, for a 1230pm ET.
Just curious why et so late? I was pretty sure my fren's et was quite early

Oh....my ET was scheduled at 3.15pm...very late. Nurse told me 2 hours rest. let see how, thanks ;)

Feeling nervous to wait for CHR nurse to call me and update on the status of snowies and confirmation on FET. Pray hard that both snowies are strong and survive after thaw

Fighting!Baby dust baby dust...Embryologist will call twice...the day before usually to inform that ET proceeds, on actual day to update u on status of embryo state...unless ur ET is scheduled very early,they will call to update u again..jiayou ya!

Doc & nurses told me b4 is perfectly fine to go toilet after ET...jus ensure u dun get urself into a super uncomfortable state before ET n during ET....after all the enduring part is sucky...I still can rem how I jumped off n flew to the toilet...nurse murmuring.."gosh,she's really urgent"....lol

Just curious why et so late? I was pretty sure my fren's et was quite early

Depends on #ops for the day...My last fet I overheard nurse in operating theatre saying...today whole day full with ET scheduled at regular interval...I was alr the 4th one in the morning...o_O

@lucasmum11,
Embryo thaw survival rate is ~70%...cant rem i heard it from Dr or nurse..mine all survived..100% survival rate..i hav pretty high confidence in nuh freezing n thawing techniques or methodologies...

Last edited:
Depends on #ops for the day...My last fet I overheard nurse in operating theatre saying...today whole day full with ET scheduled at regular interval...I was alr the 4th one in the morning...o_O

@lucasmum11,
Embryo thaw survival rate is ~70%...cant rem i heard it from Dr or nurse..mine all survived..100% survival rate..i hav pretty high confidence in nuh freezing n thawing techniques or methodologies...
Thanks! Good to know that nuh has high survival rate for thawing embryos!

Fighting!Baby dust baby dust...Embryologist will call twice...the day before usually to inform that ET proceeds, on actual day to update u on status of embryo state...unless ur ET is scheduled very early,they will call to update u again..jiayou ya!

Doc & nurses told me b4 is perfectly fine to go toilet after ET...jus ensure u dun get urself into a super uncomfortable state before ET n during ET....after all the enduring part is sucky...I still can rem how I jumped off n flew to the toilet...nurse murmuring.."gosh,she's really urgent"....lol
MonkeyChick,
Thanks for the blessing.
I am still a bit worried why embryologist never call me yesterday. I am sure i did not miss the call as i was looking at the phone almost all the time yesterday until CHR nurse call me.

Haha...your last sentence make me laugh. So cute. I am pretty sure i will go toilet immediately after the procedure ;)

Just a side note, my TCM told me that after implatation, everything as normal but need to slow down and more gentle. If you wake up from bed, dont jump off, use your hand to slowly get up and walk slowly. Dont know how true it will affect the uterus but better listen :)

Tmr is my NorE day 1! Quite nervous cuz my fren had some negative side effects from it
Hi Chloe, today is my 3rd day on it. I Hv started to have some weird cramps ard the tum tum area pulling sharp pain for few secs. Hehe do share if you feel the same. I am also starting to feel gassy.

All the best!

Back