(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Suggest you take ex Singapore helper they can come in faster than new helper and have some experience here hence required less time to adapt to Singapore environment

This is th advice given to me by experienced employer

So I got a ex Singapore helper .. Just signed the document on Monday and target for her to be here the week after next

But some say experience one be naughty haha

Suggest you take ex Singapore helper they can come in faster than new helper and have some experience here hence required less time to adapt to Singapore environment

This is th advice given to me by experienced employer

So I got a ex Singapore helper .. Just signed the document on Monday and target for her to be here the week after next
Pros and cons. Some say ex sing not so good cos they alr work here before will have pattern..or too smart already. For me I chose new one. I was lucky cos there was one who worked just 3 days and the employer didn't want her alr. The reason they gave was cos she's not as gd as their prev helper. When we interviewed her she was quite ok so we decided to take the risk and go for it. We managed to get her within 4 days. So she's actually "new"..

Pros and cons. Some say ex sing not so good cos they alr work here before will have pattern..or too smart already. For me I chose new one. I was lucky cos there was one who worked just 3 days and the employer didn't want her alr. The reason they gave was cos she's not as gd as their prev helper. When we interviewed her she was quite ok so we decided to take the risk and go for it. We managed to get her within 4 days. So she's actually "new"..
But communication? Just got here their English is poor right

Usually how much to expect for the 1st payment? I heard need to help maid pay for her debts 1st then slowly deduct from her salary.
Yup..so if her loan is 3k, we will pay the agency 3k for her first. Then if her salary is 500 a mth means 3k will be salary for six months so six mths she won't get salary from us. Will start paying her only after 6 mths or after her loan is paid off.

True and the more off day they wan the more naughty lolz

The helper I engaged she wan only 1 off day and she volunteer to forgo this off day for compensation if we need help at home .. So let's hope she is as good as she sound lolz

True and the more off day they wan the more naughty lolz

The helper I engaged she wan only 1 off day and she volunteer to forgo this off day for compensation if we need help at home .. So let's hope she is as good as she sound lolz
Yup..some firmly will tell u they die die also want off day. Those are out for me..some wanna hiao only I think haha. One of the qns u shd ask is they are willing to go without off day sometimes. For me if they say no then bye bye.. lol. Mine also said willing to work on off day if we need help. Our agreement is first mth no off day then subsequent mths 2 off days per mth (alternate sunday).

The feedback I got on mynamar are not so good lolz so it is either indo or Filipino .
My colleagues all say Myanmar everything also dunno and communication prob. Indo some v lazy and can eat pork but need to fast :/ filipino some too "smart" and cunning..more hiao..will easily make friends cos they can speak eng also.

Yup..some firmly will tell u they die die also want off day. Those are out for me..some wanna hiao only I think haha. One of the qns u shd ask is they are willing to go without off day sometimes. For me if they say no then bye bye.. lol. Mine also said willing to work on off day if we need help. Our agreement is first mth no off day then subsequent mths 2 off days per mth (alternate sunday).
That is what I asked .. Quite a few insist must off day .. These are usually very experienced one .. And have work with expat before

So these are no no for me too
Of course there are some that once heard is to take can of infant turn me down too ..

Maid today are really picky they no longer in need of job but more to support their wants not need

My colleagues all say Myanmar everything also dunno and communication prob. Indo some v lazy and can eat pork but need to fast :/ filipino some too "smart" and cunning..more hiao..will easily make friends cos they can speak eng also.
Yah mynamar everything also dunno
My sis one lolz put the electric cooker. Into the sink to wash lolz

And also a few dangerous stunt when cleaning window and they are easily brain washed by others .. They tend to use what others have to compare when they have agreed to the job scope since arrival

So it is a no no for me too .. I dunno every 2-3 wks come tell me why other maid got this and she dun have etx or damage my electrical appliance etx

brought my baby to take her 5 in 1, pneumococcal and rotavirus today...

As I was too anxious trying to comfort my crying baby, I only remember that baby may have fever, but I forgot to ask the nurse how long should we monitor if baby will be having fever

Will it be possible for fever to come today and how long of duration to monitor for fever to come?

As I was too anxious trying to comfort my crying baby, I only remember that baby may have fever, but I forgot to ask the nurse how long should we monitor if baby will be having fever

Will it be possible for fever to come today and how long of duration to monitor for fever to come?
Yes poss to develop fever tonight or usually just some crankiness. Fever shouldn't last more than 1 day.. so by Sunday your bb shd be okie :)

That is what I asked .. Quite a few insist must off day .. These are usually very experienced one .. And have work with expat before

So these are no no for me too
Of course there are some that once heard is to take can of infant turn me down too ..

Maid today are really picky they no longer in need of job but more to support their wants not need
Agree..some v demanding. If u tell them u don't allow hp they also don't wanna work for u. Become they choose their employers not the other way round. Some I interviewed when heard need tc of infant immediately asked me if I'm breastfeeding. I think they happy cos means night time they won't need to tc of bb. Quite cunning lor I feel..so those also out for me.

Monitor for 24-48 hrs after jab. PD told me if any fever develop after 48 hours then will not be for to the jab...

Breast swollen and low grade fever today. Are some meds and so drowsy , also a bit faint faint, fed bb EBM and fm after lunch till I nearly fell asleep, then while burping him I wanna knock out liao. Haiz... After that popped him a pacifier and put him to sleep beside me cos he not in sleepy mood.. I never pop him pacifier one lor, only my hubby, today is boh bian. Bb cranky these 2 days lor yday din sleep at all! After 1030am stay awake till 10 at night!!!
Ok I just wanted to rant a bit, feel free to ignore me lol

Fever may develop te next day, my bb had jab in morning, that night no fever I v happy, Thot ok alr, then next day become cranky and at night fever.

Nurse say monitor 2 days

Breast swollen and low grade fever today. Are some meds and so drowsy , also a bit faint faint, fed bb EBM and fm after lunch till I nearly fell asleep, then while burping him I wanna knock out liao. Haiz... After that popped him a pacifier and put him to sleep beside me cos he not in sleepy mood.. I never pop him pacifier one lor, only my hubby, today is boh bian. Bb cranky these 2 days lor yday din sleep at all! After 1030am stay awake till 10 at night!!!
Ok I just wanted to rant a bit, feel free to ignore me lol

Yesterday my lo didn't sleep from 9am to 9pm
Was wondering is it growth spurt.. But he didn't drink extra much..
Wonder what happened..

Fever may develop te next day, my bb had jab in morning, that night no fever I v happy, Thot ok alr, then next day become cranky and at night fever.

Nurse say monitor 2 days

Ok, did u feed baby medicine when bb had fever? Must we feed bb when temp more than 37.5degrees?

Ahh feel so kan chiong now mine her temp is 37.2 already, when i took yestd was 36.8 only >_<

Ok, did u feed baby medicine when bb had fever? Must we feed bb when temp more than 37.5degrees?

Ahh feel so kan chiong now mine her temp is 37.2 already, when i took yestd was 36.8 only >_<
Bb still so young if can try dun feed med...

37.5 n above then consider fever..

U can consider when temp reach around 37.5 u shower / wipe bb with room temp water... or water that temp is cooler than his normal bath water if u r worried bb catch cold coz some bb very sensitive to cooler temp...

As cool as possible :) no ice water hor...

Then monitor.. if temp persist or increase then Bo bian feed med..

But usually will subside

N keep bb hydrated especially these few days weather very hot

ahhh! Im gg crazy alr, bb turns 3 mths next wk. He's been on bottle feeding since birth and he've no issues with bottles until lately. Simply refuse to suckle on bottles despite changing teats. He's only been drinking 90ml every 6 hrs and nt wetting his diapers as much as b4.
Is it even normal? We rule out the possibility of him having sore throat as he still drinks every 6 hrs. Bt given tt he used to drink 90ml every 2 hrs, it seems tt he's been drinking way too lil for the past few days.
Any mummies experience this also? Dunno y he just scream whenever we put the bottle in his mouth. Sighhhhh

ahhh! Im gg crazy alr, bb turns 3 mths next wk. He's been on bottle feeding since birth and he've no issues with bottles until lately. Simply refuse to suckle on bottles despite changing teats. He's only been drinking 90ml every 6 hrs and nt wetting his diapers as much as b4.
Is it even normal? We rule out the possibility of him having sore throat as he still drinks every 6 hrs. Bt given tt he used to drink 90ml every 2 hrs, it seems tt he's been drinking way too lil for the past few days.
Any mummies experience this also? Dunno y he just scream whenever we put the bottle in his mouth. Sighhhhh

Same as mine!!! My girl is now 4 months plus. We slowly increase her milk to 165 ml but she can only drink 90 ml. i forced her to drink, she cry and oush away the milk bottle. But she likes to drink plain water... fainted... her weight is normal. Nurse said she is above the average... haha... my mother in law said some bb are like that. There will be a period whereby they dun like to drink milk de. So mat be u monitor, as long as got drink, shud be ok bah... coz usually after bb drink milk we straightaway put them to slp, they wont feel hunger de.

If you using the ear thermometer; above 37.5 then is fever.
Agree that bb is still young... try not to feed meds.... seek alternate natural alternatives where possible.

Huh? Reach 37.5 u give already I won't give at this temp
Agree... they are so young. Maybe more tiring on our part to keep monitoring. But why expose them to drugs unnecessary at such a young age? I will not take panadols myself if I have no fever; instead, I will rest more and drink lemon water to alkaline my body if I feel a little under the weather (and seriously 37.5 is normal temp).

Omg..my bb has been waking up almost every hr the past few nights. She drinks a bit then sleeps. My god..I'm totally zombified.

I scared fever so reach 37.5 I quickly give him the paracetamol...

I will not give med at this temp... I will bath my bb first n wait another 30 mins before taking temp again. If more then 37.8 then I will give.

Coz bb too young....

Dun b scared. We have to be calm so we can think clearly. ... last time I also a kan cheong spider hehe chiong go doc the 1st min I see my kids sick end up always kenna send home to monitor n go back few days later ...

My gal going growth spurt too .. Used to wake up once for milk but now 2x or 3x haiz
My son also like this these few days... I m going or bak kat ...
Yah..so horrible the feeling. Gone are the days when she wakes up once and sleeps soundly the rest of the night. Last night was the worst.. almost every hr she was up..super cranky then milk also nv finish and fall asleep..

Yah..so horrible the feeling. Gone are the days when she wakes up once and sleeps soundly the rest of the night. Last night was the worst.. almost every hr she was up..super cranky then milk also nv finish and fall asleep..
Yah my gal too she rather cry more often for milk than finish each feed Haiz

Hey mommies.. my boy has inverted nipples sincr born.. is there anything i can do to correct it? I read online, they say just let it be.. when bb reach adolescence, it will either remain inverted or come out on its own. I dont wanna play 50/50 chance.. any advise?

I will not give med at this temp... I will bath my bb first n wait another 30 mins before taking temp again. If more then 37.8 then I will give.

Coz bb too young....

Dun b scared. We have to be calm so we can think clearly. ... last time I also a kan cheong spider hehe chiong go doc the 1st min I see my kids sick end up always kenna send home to monitor n go back few days later ...

Yah nurse say 37.5 give.. I see him more and more bu shu fu and temp steadily climbing and then he vomitted! So luan, so quickly add to his milk and give. Next round of vaccination hopefully I can be more experienced and calm le.

My LO is having a v bad cough. Went to see doc and no medication was given as bb is still too young. Any methods for my LO to feel better? :(
Hi, I also brought my bb to 2 diff pd was also told the same. No medication, will recover in 2wks. (Did giv cough syrup but say take or not, it will b the same) Unless vomit, total reject milk, have breathing diff, can't zzz at all then hav to admit hospital.

I brought him to see Tcm coz he cough until v xin ku, I'm v heart pain. TCM seems to work, he can zzz better at night. N cough seems to improve. But also took nearly 2wks to fully recovered. So not sure if it's the TCM working or like pd said 2 wks to recover.

Back