Harmony Blood Test

I personally feel Oscar was created to suck money and tears from anxious parents. Had I known Oscar tests produced so many false results, I would have skipped and did Harmony straight. The risk for DS for mums under the age of 30 is actually 1 in 800.

I am 27 and 15 weeks now. The day i received my Oscar results was the day I realized how much being pregnant is real and how much i longed for a child. My T21 was 1:71. I cried myself to sleep for weeks. Doc at TMC suggested amnio, she was all "chop chop" talk, not putting my feelings into consideration. But mum took me to Dr Charles Tan at Mount E seeking for second opinion. Dr Charles mentioned to go for Harmony straight, do not put baby at risk with amnio. Might get quicker results with Amnio, but Harmony needs 2 weeks at least. Dr Charles charged me 1k and also threw in some discount as he was also my mum's gynae. The wait was horrible esp during CNY when everyone was in festive mood. But I kept convincing myself not to make a wrong decision simply because I can't wait to know the results. Went to pray, and finally on day 7 received call from clinic that everything was well and I'm expecting a boy.

My advice is to have faith in your child.
Must be a terrible time waiting for the results. Very happy to hear bb is well. Congrats!

Yes, I think Harmony is the way to go also. I did my Panorama test without OSCAR last year (bb is already 3 mths old now) coz I was 35 and OSCAR would affect and pull my results to be quite high chance of DS.

I plan to do Harmony test next week. My Oscar scan was done last Sat and my gynae categorized me under "intermediate risk" for abnormalities and such. I've been feeling very unsettled ever since and hope that the Oscar scan result was a false negative.

I plan to do Harmony test next week. My Oscar scan was done last Sat and my gynae categorized me under "intermediate risk" for abnormalities and such. I've been feeling very unsettled ever since and hope that the Oscar scan result was a false negative.
Go w harmony test. My oscar also intermediate risk for one of the blood test. Harmony more accurate.

Hi, I'm 37 this year , now about 8 weeks pregnant with my #2. I'm
Considering going straight to harmony test cos worry of false alarm from Oscar given my age.. My gyne told me can do harmony test on 10 weeks' pregnancy. Is it too early? For my #1, I did only Oscar and ratio was very good 1: 20 000. So I didn't do any other tests and also at that time was still quite young (28).
I heard many of u mentioned about Dr Ananda.. But that is only if require 2nd opinion, right?

Can do at 10 weeks. Basically, they use the fetal DNA but if you're afraid too early for detection, just wait 1-2 weeks more.

I did mine at week 12.

Thanks misty clouds :) I'll consider and perhaps do it at week 12 too. How long did u have to wait to get the result back ?

Wow! 2 weeks.. Long wait.. But I guess it gives greater assurance :) does it tell u gender of bb too? Is yours accurate?

Yes, mine is Panorama, not sure whether Harmony will be faster or not. And it tells the gender too. It's accurate coz it picks up the baby's DNA. No Y chromosomes.. :p

I think Panorama and Harmony are testing the same thing..... correct me if i am wrong, or maybe they belongs to different labs?

I did it for my #2 this time. I am now w31.
First one I didn't do harmony because the oscar test results is good.
So for your #2, u did harmony test cos the Oscar result is not ideal or you jus go straight to harmony ? Gender result is accurate? :) where did u do the test and how much did u spend?

I did my OSCAR first which includes NT measurement. It pull down my overall results after adding my maternal age and blood test.

The screening turns out my baby has good results with NT 1.5mm and high nasal bone of 2.4mm.

For peace of mind I decided to take Harmony test.

I think once above 35, the odds are greater since gotta take into account the maternal age. I'm above 35 too.. So many pp advise that I jus go straight to harmony or panorama for a peace of mind. I'll be doing mine in 1.5 weeks' time.

I think once above 35, the odds are greater since gotta take into account the maternal age. I'm above 35 too.. So many pp advise that I jus go straight to harmony or panorama for a peace of mind. I'll be doing mine in 1.5 weeks' time.
Even not above 35 I still feel oscar not so accurate...rather go straight to harmony...spent more money one thing waiting time for both result kills ppl torturing haha...

Even not above 35 I still feel oscar not so accurate...rather go straight to harmony...spent more money one thing waiting time for both result kills ppl torturing haha...
Ya I agree.. The waiting time is torturous :D even after getting good harmony test result, next hurdle to cross is the 20 weeks detailed scan to ensure all organs are developing well.. Think can only truly be at peace after 20 weeks scan .. Hahah

Ya I agree.. The waiting time is torturous :D even after getting good harmony test result, next hurdle to cross is the 20 weeks detailed scan to ensure all organs are developing well.. Think can only truly be at peace after 20 weeks scan .. Hahah
Haha...every stage got own worry lor...till u carry ur bb in ur arms...lol

Not easy like roller coaster. 3 hrs aft delivered my LO e nurse push in for bf hub n myself still feeling unbelievable n both chatting what we have gone thru. U jy ya. When is ur edd? Princess #1 :)
This will be my #2 :) my EDD is 29 oct. But becos my #1 is an emergency c-sect, I'm not sure my #2 needs to be an elective c-sect. But I'm still praying daily for this pregnancy to proceed smoothly due to my past 2 early miscarriages .. So living daily by God's grace to bring my through this pregnancy smoothly as I'm not young anymore .. 37 liao

This will be my #2 :) my EDD is 29 oct. But becos my #1 is an emergency c-sect, I'm not sure my #2 needs to be an elective c-sect. But I'm still praying daily for this pregnancy to proceed smoothly due to my past 2 early miscarriages .. So living daily by God's grace to bring my through this pregnancy smoothly as I'm not young anymore .. 37 liao
Mine also emergency c-sec. I had 2 mcs. This pregnancy also pa pa. I got nk cells it's clear den come up GDM n protein s deficiency. Sure can god bless our pregnancy. Our LO is strong fighter :)

Mine also emergency c-sec. I had 2 mcs. This pregnancy also pa pa. I got nk cells it's clear den come up GDM n protein s deficiency. Sure can god bless our pregnancy. Our LO is strong fighter :)
Ya, really praying hard that my LO will be strong and grow healthily in me :) really wanna give my boy a sibling :) enjoy your motherhood :)

Need to take harmony test?
Ya, only the 2nd pregnancy .. I skipped Oscar totally cos of my age. First pregnancy I was young , 28, so I took Oscar and the result was very good 1: 20 000. NT scan was good too. But this time I decided no point doing Oscar due to my age (37)

Hi all same here due to age I skipped Oscar and opt for harmony test. But I find it odd that my Gynae ask me to do the harmony test so early at 11 weeks. Harmony result is normal. Anyway, since harmony is a blood test for chromosomes and does not scan structural abnormalities. So I went for genetic scan at 15 weeks and result is my baby nasel nose is short! Anyone has any experience in this and nasel nose is normal at detail scan or even at birth.

Now I don't know if I can trust the harmony test as it taken so early.

Juliacheng1 are u saying it is ok that I can trust the harmony?

I really hope so. Prof anandakumar did say dun worry too much but he also say need to monitor at detail/21 weeks scan cos 11 weeks harmony may pick up the wrong cells if there is Vanishing twins syndrome.

Anyways thanks Julia for your reply.

Juliacheng1 are u saying it is ok that I can trust the harmony?

I really hope so. Prof anandakumar did say dun worry too much but he also say need to monitor at detail/21 weeks scan cos 11 weeks harmony may pick up the wrong cells if there is Vanishing twins syndrome.

Anyways thanks Julia for your reply.
Hi, are u currently carrying a pair of twins?

I
I also did my panorama test and result came back low risk . Next week gyne said will still do NT scan .. Praying everything will be fine too:)

Hi there! Just wanted to ask, cause my gynae just gave me 2 pamphlets for harmony and panorama and didn't explain anything. I've been reading this thread and it seems like most people opted for Harmony... Can I ask why you chose panorama, is it due to the higher accuracy (based on some links which the ladies provided). Where did you do your tests, how long was it and how much?

So sorry for the many questions! Just very curious and finding that I'm learning more than from my gyane who always seems to rush things

Hi there! Just wanted to ask, cause my gynae just gave me 2 pamphlets for harmony and panorama and didn't explain anything. I've been reading this thread and it seems like most people opted for Harmony... Can I ask why you chose panorama, is it due to the higher accuracy (based on some links which the ladies provided). Where did you do your tests, how long was it and how much?

So sorry for the many questions! Just very curious and finding that I'm learning more than from my gyane who always seems to rush things

Hi

From what i understand is Harmony test for the 3 main major trisomies only. My gynae told me both are actually the same accuracy, just panorama includes other syndromes like deletions.
Btw , who is gynae , why she did not explain to you ? o_O

Hi

From what i understand is Harmony test for the 3 main major trisomies only. My gynae told me both are actually the same accuracy, just panorama includes other syndromes like deletions.
Btw , who is gynae , why she did not explain to you ? o_O

Thanks so much Suezy!! Ok.. in that case I can ask questions specific to the deletions. Yar, I left clueless cause she asked the nurse to pass me the pamphlets. It was only upon research that I found out that they are different tests
I'm scared that my gynae or her staff might be erm lurking in the forms ( I know, im paranoid). I actually conceived through ivf, my gynae is in paragon famous for getting results but not so much for her bedside manners, patience and when it comes to details. She is always fully packed, so things are always rushed. Can PM me for name o_O

Hi , I agree with Suezy.. Harmony and panorama are similar . Jus that panorama test includes microdeletion. Why I chose panorama test .. Actually is becos my gyne's clinic only offers panorama and no harmony. Since I'm doing panorama, I opted to do the comprehensive one that includes microdeletion. Both tests can tell u gender of baby and mine is very accurate :) I went for my scan two days ago at 16 weeks +.. Can see the baby's bird bird liao :D I spent about a total of $1.5K which includes the general blood test, panorama and microdeletion test. Quite ex but I'm 37 this year liao .. So jus want a peace of mind :)

Back