IVF/ICSI Support Group

I hope what u say is correct... Probably can't accept this ego and shutting down. To me, it's more of avoiding the problem rather than facing it and have the courage and faith to try again... I was upset for days myself but am slowly overcoming it... I admire ur determination in trying for a child and what's good is tat ur husband is supportive.
Tsf, your hubby probably doesn't know how to comfort u and he himself is feeling sad too. Maybe give him sometime to grieve. In fact for men, their ego takes a harder beating than women when they have fertility issues. Like some sisters said, u need to have an alternative plan and even when is the time to stop. I used to cry when I think that I will not have any children & worst if hubby leaves before me since he is much older, I will lead a lonely old life. But hey, I realise that the reason why I married my husband is not purely to have kids only (although it will be perfect if we can have). We are together because of the love for each other.

Take some time out and maybe go for a short trip together. Don't be angry with him for not showing his concern. It is easier said than done. But if u realise, when u are upset with him, he can sense it & vice versa. Will end up a vicious cycle of unhappiness.

Sorry if I sound very naggy as I have gone through what u have gone through and manage to walk out of it.

It's not easy in an ivf cycle and especially when it fails. Jia you k? There are certain things that you can talk to the sisters here. We are all in the same boat! :)

Last edited:

Hi All, i am a newbie here. just wanna share my thoughts and any advices would be appreciated. Have been trying for about 7-8 months. I have minor PCOS, With medication of letrozole monthly... Gone through all the checks on the Fallopian tubes, sperm count etc. HB and I are really eager to expect one soon. After so many months of fail, we are looking out to do IUI. Is this recommended ? and how much does it cost ?
Hi!
My personal view is that 7-8mths of ttc at such a young age may not be the end of the road yet, though I don't think it's any less devastating than those ttc for yrs.
In fact, assuming all your checkup comes back ok, doctor will usually treat with oral meds 1st & advise u try for at least a yr.
U can expect slightly above $1k for each iui.. The procedure (abt $600-700), u/s scans ($70-90each) as well as the infectious diseases bloodtests (abt $300-400).

like what dreambear said , sometimes we have to make alternate plans . I am now finding out more about doing ivf overseas to increase my chances . old liao, most of the embryos they get out of me are probably with chromosomal abnormalities ..cannot afford to keep transferg bad embryos and suffer failures like no implantation or miscarriage. so i will find out mre and do a cycle overseas by end of this year. qte a few countries allow chromosome testings like PGS . even though i may end up with no embryos to transfer, i feel it is stil much better than wasting time and effort and keep gambling .time is not on my side

Hi babe,
I am doing my cycle with chromosome testings like PGS overseas. I agree with you that with age n so many uncertainties. .I really hope to be sure that I'm having healthy embryos..all the best for your next cycle!!

Hi babe,
I am doing my cycle with chromosome testings like PGS overseas. I agree with you that with age n so many uncertainties. .I really hope to be sure that I'm having healthy embryos..all the best for your next cycle!!
Where do u do this test?
How long does it take and how does it work? Meaning an Ivf overseas?
How about cost?

tsf,PGS tests for chromosomes and sex, PGD is the more detailed one esp for those with a known genetic problem. both not allowed in singapore, unless u have a known genetic problem , u are not allowed to do PGD.in singapore , aftr miscarried , they can do a test similar to PGS but a simpler one, which tells u the sex of the baby and check the chromosomes . so to do the proper tests to check for defects of embryos, the only way is to go overseas.at overseas clinics, they wil do the test on a day 3 or day 5 embryo. meaning if your embryo cannot survive til day 3 or beyond, you wont be able to do the test. if you are doing a day2 transfer, such testings r also out . reason being they need the embryo to mulitply to be able to get out cells that r suitable for testings. test done on day 5 is better than test done on day 3 as it will cause lesser damage to the embryos .

cost wise, for thailand, doing a pgs testing using a rather new technique called Acgh ,cost about 3-4k
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I do not have many embryos each cycle, thus I guess maybe not worth to do the test above? Every egg and embryo is different. So one quality may not be good doesn't mean the other is not good.

Jus wan to know an estimate cost. If doing in Thailand tog with this test. How much do I need to have accounting flights accommodation and Ivf?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I do not have many embryos each cycle, thus I guess maybe not worth to do the test above? Every egg and embryo is different. So one quality may not be good doesn't mean the other is not good.

Jus wan to know an estimate cost. If doing in Thailand tog with this test. How much do I need to have accounting flights accommodation and Ivf?
Doing in bkk cost around 10k plus pgd around 4k total 14k. Not including flights n accommodation. Also to do pgd U need to freeze embro n transfer next cycle. So have to add FET cost.

Hi all

My ET was on 20th March'15.. Blood test will only be this coming Monday 6th April. But i am so not looking forward to that day.. Yesterday i started having heavy bleeding(menstrual like bleeding--am still bleeding now)...its like the whole world came crashing down on me...I have 2 frozen embryos. Does any of you know,when is the earliest I can have a frozen transfer?Will Hospital allow to proceed with it once this current period ends?

Hi warriors, sorry it's gg to be a long message..but need to let go my frustrations today.

My history:
Did Ivf mar n aug 2014, both bfp. However, First, ended up ectopic, second, lost heartbeat at week 9. Like everyone here, I had my share of heartbreak, depression n endless nights of crying to sleep....
IVF is not a journey for the weak n that's why we ladies here r warriors. That's what I think.

I m in my 3rd cycle now, did ER today.
This cycle, since my gynae away at my planning schedule, I decided to go with sincere.

I took Everything same as my first 2 cycles plus this cycle I Took Sincere in house vitamins since dec n stopped tcm in jan as gynae worry herbs may interrupt vitamins effect (My 2nd cycle took TSB herbs till stim)

This morning went happily for my ER. All was good......
until the anesthesiologist had to poke me 3 times before he succeeded! 2 nurses have to help him!
Yes I m slim but i had 5 times experience in gleneagles n Dr always succeed first try. Today I need go thr Dr poking me n taking out the needles on my skinny hands, not once, but 3 times! Argh...

I woke up after about 1.5 hrs later, resting on bed when nurse told me I had 6 follicles but only 4 with eggs. Disappointed as I was expecting better results ..but no choice.. I did all I could.
Then came another annoying part.
There was another lady next to my bed, nurse was chatting w her. In sincere, there r only 2 beds n close to each other.
So whatever they talked, I can hear. ( no privacy) sigh... This nurse was telling her she got xx numbers of eggs..etc etc N whisper this " u got the best results today among all other patients" ......
I m not jealous of her really... But I just felt how can a nurse compare n comment that thinking that other patient can't hear when our beds r so close? It really makes me feel sucks..

I requested to leave earlier.. Really don't want stay there.
Before I left, my gynae had a word w me. Told me my eggs don't look as good as my previous record. This round might not reach blast.. Asked me what did I eat this time?
I did yoga, accup, egg whites, red beans soup n whatever things mentioned in forum, I tried.
What did I eat/take extra this cycle? In house vitamins n saizen. What did I not eat? Tcm herbs.

Sigh.. I m not trying blame anyone, just the whole experience makes me upset.

I know I got to be positive..so need vent out before I feel better n move on. Sorry for long messages..

Hi all

My ET was on 20th March'15.. Blood test will only be this coming Monday 6th April. But i am so not looking forward to that day.. Yesterday i started having heavy bleeding(menstrual like bleeding--am still bleeding now)...its like the whole world came crashing down on me...I have 2 frozen embryos. Does any of you know,when is the earliest I can have a frozen transfer?Will Hospital allow to proceed with it once this current period ends?

Hi you need to check with your doctor. Mine allow ne to immediately FET after a failed cycle period but TCM doctor warn the body might not have normalised itself to be at optimal condition for next try. So i will rested 1 cycle minimal.

Hi sonique, yes you are right. I am using the co-funding as a way to tell myself when to stop. My husband is not young anymore (late 40s) and I am in mid 30s. Gotta stop trying at some point in time. If husband is younger, probably I will still try a few more rounds.

Another reason is, I am not sure if the jabs are giving me problem. Prior to 2nd ivf, I found out I had numerous breast lumps & doc say the jabs may or may not cause these problem. But my latest scan showed an increase in lumps and so I am now on close monitoring by my breast doc.

But ivf may not be the cause since there are numerous reason for breast lumps & the dreaded cancer. However, I will still advise all ladies to regularly self examine your breasts. And my breast doc told me dun let the lumps stop me from doing what I want. She use taking airplane as an analogy. When an airplane crashed, it does not mean that you should stop flying altogether. Life still goes on.

But for me this will be my last fresh and use up my frozen embryo. Whatever happens after that I will just accept it as it is. :)
Yes, let's all be positive and don't worry too much about the future. Indeed like many ladies here have shared, we should go take a short break/holiday to let the past go. Recharge and come back stronger :)

Your breast doc gave a good analogy, at the end of the day no matter what happens, life goes on.

When do you intend to do your fresh cycle? I hoped to do it sooner however sometimes haste is better than speed as I felt is better to give my body a longer rest this time., so I decide to give myself a good break for 6 months. However, time is also running out for me (as in my age), so it's a dilemma for me...

Tsf I supposed when we are depressed n obsess with this TTC, our DH feels it n add on his stress. Man has his ego so he feels bad about his sperm quality n the fact that U have to suffer n go through this route. It's emotionally draining for both parties. I have learn to instead of complaining m whining to him on my cycle n my feelings, I make TTC frens whom I felt can understand me more. Is not easy dealing with our emotion n we have to walk out of it ourselves. I find that having a backup plan works better for me cos I know if I fail I have something to fall back on.
U are not alone in this journey. I failed 4 IUI, 5 fresh, 4 FET n recently preg but mc. I am not giving up. U can do it too. We woman have very strong will power to overcome everything. So stay strong for yourself n your hb.
My dr tells me in life there are always risk to take n to hope for right.

both me and hubby have some issues on ttc. i have a blocked tube and his is sperm quality. so how we got on is to remind each other to do the 'right things' like eating vitamins, resting well, keeping healthy etc.
i am more of the kan cheong partner while my DH is more chilled thus his calmness rubs off me and in turn calms my nerves and lessening my crazy imagination like 'the what happen if'

IVF is very stressful for both, my DH is fearful of needles and yet accompanies me for jabs twice a daily. so for me, moral support is very important.

ladies, keep the faith and the BFP and baby will come one day :) we can do it!

both me and hubby have some issues on ttc. i have a blocked tube and his is sperm quality. so how we got on is to remind each other to do the 'right things' like eating vitamins, resting well, keeping healthy etc.
i am more of the kan cheong partner while my DH is more chilled thus his calmness rubs off me and in turn calms my nerves and lessening my crazy imagination like 'the what happen if'

IVF is very stressful for both, my DH is fearful of needles and yet accompanies me for jabs twice a daily. so for me, moral support is very important.

ladies, keep the faith and the BFP and baby will come one day :) we can do it!
Wow I read ur msg and I think we are the same person. Our issues are the same, both male and female, dh are similar chill types, he also scared jabs, Im also kan cheong spider type... Everything matches.

Hi warriors, sorry it's gg to be a long message..but need to let go my frustrations today.

My history:
Did Ivf mar n aug 2014, both bfp. However, First, ended up ectopic, second, lost heartbeat at week 9. Like everyone here, I had my share of heartbreak, depression n endless nights of crying to sleep....
IVF is not a journey for the weak n that's why we ladies here r warriors. That's what I think.

I m in my 3rd cycle now, did ER today.
This cycle, since my gynae away at my planning schedule, I decided to go with sincere.

I took Everything same as my first 2 cycles plus this cycle I Took Sincere in house vitamins since dec n stopped tcm in jan as gynae worry herbs may interrupt vitamins effect (My 2nd cycle took TSB herbs till stim)

This morning went happily for my ER. All was good......
until the anesthesiologist had to poke me 3 times before he succeeded! 2 nurses have to help him!
Yes I m slim but i had 5 times experience in gleneagles n Dr always succeed first try. Today I need go thr Dr poking me n taking out the needles on my skinny hands, not once, but 3 times! Argh...

I woke up after about 1.5 hrs later, resting on bed when nurse told me I had 6 follicles but only 4 with eggs. Disappointed as I was expecting better results ..but no choice.. I did all I could.
Then came another annoying part.
There was another lady next to my bed, nurse was chatting w her. In sincere, there r only 2 beds n close to each other.
So whatever they talked, I can hear. ( no privacy) sigh... This nurse was telling her she got xx numbers of eggs..etc etc N whisper this " u got the best results today among all other patients" ......
I m not jealous of her really... But I just felt how can a nurse compare n comment that thinking that other patient can't hear when our beds r so close? It really makes me feel sucks..

I requested to leave earlier.. Really don't want stay there.
Before I left, my gynae had a word w me. Told me my eggs don't look as good as my previous record. This round might not reach blast.. Asked me what did I eat this time?
I did yoga, accup, egg whites, red beans soup n whatever things mentioned in forum, I tried.
What did I eat/take extra this cycle? In house vitamins n saizen. What did I not eat? Tcm herbs.

Sigh.. I m not trying blame anyone, just the whole experience makes me upset.

I know I got to be positive..so need vent out before I feel better n move on. Sorry for long messages..

DTAL: I hear you. I must tell you that better eggs not guarantee will be BFP.
My gynae n embryologist told me that my eggs are beautiful chances of BFP is very high..
who knows exactly on the 28th day, my menses came.

My galfriend's eggs were very bad.. during the embroys transfer, her gynae told her if this time fail.. I know what went wrong
"Have to cure your hubby sperm" and guess what she bfp with twins.

My gynae n embryologist told me that my eggs are beautiful chances of BFP is very high..

My galfriend's eggs were very bad.. during the embroys transfer, her gynae told her if this time fail.. I know what went wrong
This means some things are just fated or sheer luck.

Thank u Simmama.

After a good nap, i m ok now :) just want to rant out earlier.

hi..I came across this site..you might want a read...

http://forums.cozycot.com/forum/lif...ss/7727-chiropractor-any-recommendation/page2

at the end of pg 2 a lady wrote:
''The new doctor (Dr Jill Lutz) I'm with is amazing. And the clinic - lovely people! At that point of my life, I was going through a lot..I had problems menstruating and fertility issues. BUT Jill put all that back in place. Period came the following week. AMAZING. I continued to see her weekly.

8 months later, I got pregnant! She said I had nerve interference in my spine which I didn't want to believe. But it was great news for us. And months before labor, I went into an intensive mode with Jill. She adjusted my pelvic thrice weekly to allow the baby to be in the best position for delivery. I must say. Chiropractic has made me feel really comfortable going into labor.

I recommend Dr. Jill unconditionally to anyone suffering from lower back pain and other pre and post pregnancy pains. She's the perfect doctor to see especially IF YOU have a gynae who tells you there's nothing wrong with your body but you can't conceive and she can't do much to help you.

Be patient, get an xray and find a chiropractor near you''

Yes, let's all be positive and don't worry too much about the future. Indeed like many ladies here have shared, we should go take a short break/holiday to let the past go. Recharge and come back stronger :)

Your breast doc gave a good analogy, at the end of the day no matter what happens, life goes on.

When do you intend to do your fresh cycle? I hoped to do it sooner however sometimes haste is better than speed as I felt is better to give my body a longer rest this time., so I decide to give myself a good break for 6 months. However, time is also running out for me (as in my age), so it's a dilemma for me...
I am doing my fresh cycle in may after resting for 3 mths. The TCM doc told me let my body rest for at least 3 mths. How about u? Which doc are u with?

Jus wan a share of thoughts... How many ppl here are doing Ivf because of both male and female factor?

I am. And jus because we jus failed our 3rd fresh, my relationship with DH became tense... He is upset on his problem and I was depressed with mine.... DH has no faith at all on our next cycle though he is still willing to give it a try.... I'm feeling upset cos I can't get the emotional support from him. When I feel sad and cry, he ignored me jus becos he don't feel like talking.

I feel terrible...

Tsf, take a break n go for a short trip with ur hubby if you can. Sometimes, guys dun show their emotional n talk abt it becos they do not want to add in more stress to us..they knew that this route is not easy for us..

Take Care n jia you! jia you!

good morning ladies.
Does anyone know if they do natural IVF in KKH? I tried to google, but no luck. Or it can be arranged based on doctor evaluation?

You need to speak to the individual doctor and see if they will support the idea of a natural ivf. Do remember for many doctors their "performance" stats is still a consideration for them so some r less willing to try these off-the-beaten-track options. However, this doesnt mean there are no doctors who will do it.

But for ladies w low egg counts, natural ivf seems to make a lot of sense. Give it a try to discuss this with your doctor. If he/she doesnt agree, try other doctors.

good morning ladies.
Does anyone know if they do natural IVF in KKH? I tried to google, but no luck. Or it can be arranged based on doctor evaluation?
I tried one natural cycle but not with KKH. It's with my pte gynae. My pte gynae saw one beautiful follicle on one of my routine visit and said 'let's try natural this cycle'. With minimal stimulation to grow that one follicle. In the end, to my surprised, I had 4 follicles retrieved and 2 fertilized.
I feel that natural cycle indeed is better for woman with low ovarian reserve and can't stimulate many follicles... No point stimulate with high dose in the end also retrieve one or two follicles... Natural cycle also less cost and less injection...

You need to speak to the individual doctor and see if they will support the idea of a natural ivf. Do remember for many doctors their "performance" stats is still a consideration for them so some r less willing to try these off-the-beaten-track options. However, this doesnt mean there are no doctors who will do it.

But for ladies w low egg counts, natural ivf seems to make a lot of sense. Give it a try to discuss this with your doctor. If he/she doesnt agree, try other doctors.

Thank you, that's good that such an option exists.
my ovarian reserve is quite high, but I'm scared of over-stimulation again. So, was thinking that natural IVF might be a choice for me. Will talk to my doctor of this cycle fails.

I tried one natural cycle but not with KKH. It's with my pte gynae. My pte gynae saw one beautiful follicle on one of my routine visit and said 'let's try natural this cycle'. With minimal stimulation to grow that one follicle. In the end, to my surprised, I had 4 follicles retrieved and 2 fertilized.
I feel that natural cycle indeed is better for woman with low ovarian reserve and can't stimulate many follicles... No point stimulate with high dose in the end also retrieve one or two follicles... Natural cycle also less cost and less injection...
Thanks, that sounds so encouraging. My reserve is fine, but with the stimulation I grew far too many useless eggs. Maybe natural IVF is a better choice, plus it's cheaper.
Can you share what happened next to those fertilized eggs? transferred already?

Thanks, that sounds so encouraging. My reserve is fine, but with the stimulation I grew far too many useless eggs. Maybe natural IVF is a better choice, plus it's cheaper.
Can you share what happened next to those fertilized eggs? transferred already?
In the end I freeze it cos the quality was only satisfactory and my linning was not ready. My dr wanted to do another round of natural cycle and harvest another one or 2 more eggs then transfer together another time to improve my chance. In the end I went to NUH cos of the govt co-funding... Private is too ex for me. Hahaha! So I still have 2 frosties with sincere...

I am doing my fresh cycle in may after resting for 3 mths. The TCM doc told me let my body rest for at least 3 mths. How about u? Which doc are u with?
I'm with dr HH Tan. Just failed my cycle in Mar, I will be resting for 5-6 months most probably try in Sep. Subject to dr Tan's advice when I see him end Apr.

BT on 6 April, but I realize light spotting this afternoon.
Having mild cramp.(9dpt5dt)
Wondering good or bad sign?

Stressful countdown to mon.

Do you gals feel very bloated during the 2ww? Is it due to the luteal support we are taking? Or cause AF coming (my usual menses no such bloatedness).

Do you gals feel very bloated during the 2ww? Is it due to the luteal support we are taking? Or cause AF coming (my usual menses no such bloatedness).
Bloating can be a sign of positiveness or caused by the inserts. Hope yrs is good symptom. When is ur BT?

Hi ladies, i have extra 1 box progynova and 7 pills that are expired in april 2016 and 2 crinone gel expiry in nov 2016. Letting go at sgd 25 and i can send by normal postage to you. PM me if interested and i wish all of you get our baby dust too.

Bloating is more or less common. Yes, it's due to hormonal support and also enlarged ovaries. I was very bloated immediately after ER and 1 week after it. Later belly got back to normal. Heard that if bloatedness stays for 2 weeks - it means high chance of BFP.

do you gals feel more hungry than usual during 2ww?
I really eat a lot these days. Though, it might be a symptom of upcoming AF, normally i also eat more during AF.
Huh, time goes so slowly, 1 more week before bt.

Went for IVF briefing and forms signed! :) Nurse advise NO chinese medicine during IVF process. not even after ET. But TSB said to drink after ET to boost chance. :eek: So confused!

Did any gals here drink chinese medi after ET?

Hi ladies... I'm back here again

Not sure if anyone still remember me..

Will be going for my 3rd fresh (long protocol).

Tired yet no choice but to start all the jabs once again... :(

Went for IVF briefing and forms signed! :) Nurse advise NO chinese medicine during IVF process. not even after ET. But TSB said to drink after ET to boost chance. :eek: So confused!

Did any gals here drink chinese medi after ET?

For my prev, I didn't take Chinese med but I went for Accupuncture before and after ET

I feel it helps...

Back