(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Yup. Use finger. I hated dilation checks too but surprisingly, last week when my gynae checked for me, there wasnt any discomfort. Guess it depends on the skills of the person checking.

Going for my checkup again later. Don't know if he will check dilation again.
oh gynae checks during regular checkup?? why mine never :O

Yep i agree that if the person has good skills, i wont be painful.
I was checked by 3 doctors in KKH and all hurt like mad.
When i went back to dr tham, before he check, i was so tensed and i explained to him my phobia after the crazy week of experience.
He told me to relax and i didnt feel any pain. Thank God hehe

Any recommendations for bb nail cutters? My fren suggested using bb scissors instead. What do you think?

Jus my opinion, I use normal nail cutters but the smallest size. I feel for FTM mostly is afraid cut bb nail too deep, cut the flesh, or wen bb fidget den cut the skin... Its lots of time n practice, so jus use what u comfy with. Not everyone can get use to scissors as its different from wen cut paper n real nails..lol.

This week i can feel my lower tummy abit pain like wan come period

I wondering is pelvis stetching due to bb pushing or is Braxton

But hope is not contraction

Now 32w 3d

After 2 pregnancy, honestly i cant make out the different from cramp pains, or even BH... Lol. Its truely a process only mothers go thru..

Hi all... I'm new here.. heeee.... my edd is on 08 May. My 3rd baby and its a 15 year gap from my 2nd child. Lost touch on the baby phase and was amazed by so many new baby stuffs...:eek:

Hihi jjmom, welcome back to a different era of kids ! Lol. 15 years is quite long, but at least ur big ones can help tk care of ur LO :) every baby stuff more or less same same, only difference is PRICE GETTING HIGHER .. Ur edd n mine 1 day diff. U gg for natural or c-sec??

This week i can feel my lower tummy abit pain like wan come period

I wondering is pelvis stetching due to bb pushing or is Braxton

But hope is not contraction

Now 32w 3d
Try to time the interval of each contraction to see if it's getting shorter and regular. If not so regular should be BH. Contraction does cause BB to move and push as they are kinda being squeezed by the contraction.

oh gynae checks during regular checkup?? why mine never :O

doodoo123, i thought your EDD was the same as mine? (Late April) I remembered seeing your post that your EDD changed to May. Why?

Anyway, i heard that gynaes will only check cervix dilation in the last month of pregnancy. Maybe still early for you bah. But then again my colleague said her gynae checked her dilation since week 32. Hmm....maybe depends on gynae again.

I also think either I haven't felt BH, or don't know how they feel like so I don't know even when i'm feeling it!! >.< @ Week 36 today...
Wow... So i guess individuals differ in terms of their experience... I haven't felt BHs yet but i kept having this feeling i might deliver early... Cos tummy shifted down and legs swollen liao...

Just finished my gynae appt. At 33wks, bb 2kg. Already head down, which I roughly could tell cos always see his buttocks pushing up against my tummy. Everything else is good, wat a relief.

Frm now onwards appt is every 2wks, so fast approaching the finishing line! Jiayou all mummies!

i not sure if i m having braxton hicks too. i sometimes feel pressure at the pelvic and then cramps at lower tummy
I think the cramps (that will go away after shifting position) is Braxton Hicks... Pelvic pressure should be cos of the heavy weight of our tummies... :)

Hi QuietBell, BH is more irregular and sometimes u may not even feel the false contraction that much. Just very mild tightening. if it's real contractions, the interval between each is shorter, usually 3-5 mins and slightly painful and can get worse. Some symptoms of getting real contractions is ur uterus feels hardened and baby move downwards. Whenever u feel a contraction, BB will move as well as the contraction causes BB to move as what I was told by the nurse.
I see.... Then i don't think i really had BHs yet... So scared of the real contractions... Unprepared... Heard that BHs are supposed to assist in the preparation of the body to prepare for real contractions.

Any recommendations for bb nail cutters? My fren suggested using bb scissors instead. What do you think?

Im using bb scissors, and till now still using for my 3yo. Found it very easy to use, so will continue with it for didi.

When i went back to dr tham, before he check, i was so tensed and i explained to him my phobia after the crazy week of experience.

I wasnt checked for dilation at all up till i checked into hospital for delivery. A nurse checked me, and it was just very uncomfortable. Afterwards i was on epidural liao, so didnt feel a thing.

I see.... Then i don't think i really had BHs yet... So scared of the real contractions... Unprepared... Heard that BHs are supposed to assist in the preparation of the body to prepare for real contractions.
I had real contractions at W28 before and I thought was BH. So that's how I know. I read some women don't even get BH at all.

my braxton hicks is happening so often, freaks me out! like in an hour i can get 3-4 times. but there is no pain and it goes away after 30s or so. just major pressure whenever the contraction hits.
bb is 32 weeks+ and 1.98kg but i would discount a bit as usual coz baby usually lighter than the machine estimation.
pressure in pelvis and running down my legs is killing me...it's so painful I can't walk or turn in bed without pain. only 32w+....so quite worried how to tahan the next 7 weeks if baby is full term.

After 2 pregnancy, honestly i cant make out the different from cramp pains, or even BH... Lol. Its truely a process only mothers go thru..

Hihi jjmom, welcome back to a different era of kids ! Lol. 15 years is quite long, but at least ur big ones can help tk care of ur LO :) every baby stuff more or less same same, only difference is PRICE GETTING HIGHER .. Ur edd n mine 1 day diff. U gg for natural or c-sec??
Hi furbee.. yeah...15 years gap. Baby stuffs some are so diff. Like the cloth diapers.. all so colourful. What we had back den was only those big squarish cloth for origami folds. Now have prefolds, inserts.. etc. Yep.
Price difference.. LOL. Your edd is 7 or 9? I'm going for natural but somehow kinda freaked out knowing going thru the same ordeal again... heeee..

I find it very hard to differentiate BH and the real contraction. Had a scare ytd when I experienced cramping every 20-30 mins for a few hours. Almost went to the hospital but lucky it did not increase in frequency and stopped eventually.. thereafter baby started her daily routine of kicking n punching.

my braxton hicks is happening so often, freaks me out! like in an hour i can get 3-4 times. but there is no pain and it goes away after 30s or so. just major pressure whenever the contraction hits.
bb is 32 weeks+ and 1.98kg but i would discount a bit as usual coz baby usually lighter than the machine estimation.
pressure in pelvis and running down my legs is killing me...it's so painful I can't walk or turn in bed without pain. only 32w+....so quite worried how to tahan the next 7 weeks if baby is full term.
I am also 32 weeks now and I feel BB is like getting ready. His head already moved down. My tummy keeps hardening since last week and I keep talking and negotiating with him not to come out too early :)

Honestly I think you just had a bad experience at KK so please don't equate all doctors to the ones you've encountered during your stay there. My gynae at The Private Suite has done ve on me twice and both times were not uncomfortable nor painful. I was almost admitted too as I experienced preterm labour symptoms but the nurses and medical care team were not pushy and respected my decision not to be admitted.

I find it very hard to differentiate BH and the real contraction. Had a scare ytd when I experienced cramping every 20-30 mins for a few hours. Almost went to the hospital but lucky it did not increase in frequency and stopped eventually.. thereafter baby started her daily routine of kicking n punching.

My gynae says the way to differentiate real & false contractions is whether painful or not. My BH started in second tri, and I was very aware of it this time round. N abit freaked out cos quite frequent. But he said dat as long as doesnt caused you to double up in pain, then likely to be false alarm.

Honestly I think you just had a bad experience at KK so please don't equate all doctors to the ones you've encountered during your stay there. My gynae at The Private Suite has done ve on me twice and both times were not uncomfortable nor painful. I was almost admitted too as I experienced preterm labour symptoms but the nurses and medical care team were not pushy and respected my decision not to be admitted.
Yeah. I believe is diff ppl have diff expectations. So far so gd with kkh too.
Btw wat is ve?

i did my maternity tour at Mt A last week and I decided to go with Thomson. Partly also because I already sign up for the FBI membership so might as well.

Just to share:
I find the new Mt A rooms generally nice and walls very nicely laminated with wood and the hospital is very peaceful and calm. But i saw a few old rooms that's 'refurbished' and i really don't like the room decor and toilet coz they look old with white walls. The rooms also seem smaller than Thomson ones. Even though the single rooms are all priced the same, they can look quite different - anyone realise? New ones are very new and nice, with carpeted floor, bigger sofa bed and room size. Old/refurbished ones quite run-down, white walls, non carpeted floors and smaller room size. Delivery suite is also with white walls, quite different from the laminated wood walls at Thomson's. If anyone is concerned about the renovation at level 2, I couldn't hear a single sound of the reno works when doing the tour. I could only slightly hear it when I was at Level 1. So i think the rooms won't be affected at all. However, I've heard superb feedback about nurses at Mt A and great reviews from colleagues who delivered at Mt A last year too.

Thanks Furbee, gleaflim and cynn04. I nvr use scissors to cut nails before but was told by my fren that's it's safer. Think I will freaked out when cutting nails for little one. So fragile.

My tummy also hardens up at times but no pain elsewhere. That's contraction? Tot it's bb stretching so whole tummy expands and hardens due to space.

My gynae says the way to differentiate real & false contractions is whether painful or not. My BH started in second tri, and I was very aware of it this time round. N abit freaked out cos quite frequent. But he said dat as long as doesnt caused you to double up in pain, then likely to be false alarm.
Hmm.. correct me if I'm wrong...so its normal for BH to last abt 1 min and everytime it happens one can hardly move coz it tightens and hardens. So far I have not double up in pain. Just want to lie down n dun move everytime it starts.
Funnily it is more frequent when I go walk walk.
FTM... so confused. Esp after i heard abt my cousin giving birth at 34 weeks, i start to paranoid. Lol. My next visit is just next Fri. hope it's just false alarm. Haha.

I am also 32 weeks now and I feel BB is like getting ready. His head already moved down. My tummy keeps hardening since last week and I keep talking and negotiating with him not to come out too early :)

I also abit worried about pre term labour coz the BH are so frequent. baby is heads down all along and legs keep jabbing at my ribs this 2 weeks when she moves, like not much space alrdy so that makes me worried also coz I all along have the thought that she may not even come at 40 weeks coz my sis and mom carried to full term of 40 weeks for most of their pregnancies. Anyway I told my gynae about the pelvic pain getting worse he just said it's normal and pregnancy is like that....just tahan!

I'm also at 32 weeks now and bb weighing 1.79kg. Gynae said that size is ok. Initially they were concerned when my weight dropped 0.5 kg from 2 weeks ago and put me on CTG. Not much movement on CTG cod bb usually asleep in he morning and gets more active from late afternoon onwards. After the scan, was relieved that everything is ok. Gynae said the drop in weight most likely due to my controlled diet due to GD.

Hubby asked me to start packing my hospital bag. Wondering what to bring. Are these sufficient?

2 night dress with front opening
Maternity pads
3 Disposable panties
5 pairs disposable breast pads
Socks to be worn in delivery suite
Clothing for discharge
2 nursing bras
Camera, phone, iPad
Nipple cream and wipes
Towel?
Nursing cover
Bedroom slipper
Toiletries

A set of bb clothing to be worn during discharge
Hanky/ bib?
Towel or blanket with hood for discharge - not sure if Mt A provides this upon discharge?

IC
Admission letter
Medical report

Jacket for hubby

I also abit worried about pre term labour coz the BH are so frequent. baby is heads down all along and legs keep jabbing at my ribs this 2 weeks when she moves, like not much space alrdy so that makes me worried also coz I all along have the thought that she may not even come at 40 weeks coz my sis and mom carried to full term of 40 weeks for most of their pregnancies. Anyway I told my gynae about the pelvic pain getting worse he just said it's normal and pregnancy is like that....just tahan!
My gynae already pre-warned me I should be pre term or induced so I am all set and ready liao. I think sometimes gynae always feel we r very panicky, I also asked mine alot of questions.

I'm also at 32 weeks now and bb weighing 1.79kg. Gynae said that size is ok. Initially they were concerned when my weight dropped 0.5 kg from 2 weeks ago and put me on CTG. Not much movement on CTG cod bb usually asleep in he morning and gets more active from late afternoon onwards. After the scan, was relieved that everything is ok. Gynae said the drop in weight most likely due to my controlled diet due to GD.

Hubby asked me to start packing my hospital bag. Wondering what to bring. Are these sufficient?

2 night dress with front opening
Maternity pads
3 Disposable panties
5 pairs disposable breast pads
Socks to be worn in delivery suite
Clothing for discharge
2 nursing bras
Camera, phone, iPad
Nipple cream and wipes
Towel?
Nursing cover
Bedroom slipper
Toiletries

A set of bb clothing to be worn during discharge
Hanky/ bib?
Towel or blanket with hood for discharge - not sure if Mt A provides this upon discharge?

IC
Admission letter
Medical report

Jacket for hubby
I think u r quite ready with the above. Except if u have signed up for those cord blood banking maybe u need to bring the documents. I also bought from Q10 maternity liner. It's like a big piece of waterproof sheet coz i scared if my water bag burst I may dirty hubby's car. Get ready make-up and hairbrush in case u wanna look pretty when visitors come.

mummies, i have having cramps but not as frequent as contractions i think. my tummy is not hardening but each time the cramp starts, i feel my pelvic bone expanding. is it normal? no signs of labour i think..the bloody show, the every min contraction and water bag burst

mummies, i have having cramps but not as frequent as contractions i think. my tummy is not hardening but each time the cramp starts, i feel my pelvic bone expanding. is it normal? no signs of labour i think..the bloody show, the every min contraction and water bag burst
if the cramping does go away and not so regular then probably just BH.

Anyone having flush or red patches on thighs and legs? Not itchy but it will get more especially towards end of the day. I have water retention too.

Yeah. I believe is diff ppl have diff expectations. So far so gd with kkh too.
Btw wat is ve?

Vaginal examination where the doc inserts her fingers to check for dilation or effacement.

I'm quite happy so far with my gynae and everyone I've come across with in kkh. Always bothers me whenever someone makes sweeping statements about the conduct of nurses or that it's not 'pro-natural' etc. I believe it's how you react to situations that define how it will play out.

not sure leh... but not cheap right? I rem I saw it at spring maternity before.
u can go try out at the outlet see if wearing it makes a difference. or check online if anyone selling preloved ones.

Vaginal examination where the doc inserts her fingers to check for dilation or effacement.

I'm quite happy so far with my gynae and everyone I've come across with in kkh. Always bothers me whenever someone makes sweeping statements about the conduct of nurses or that it's not 'pro-natural' etc. I believe it's how you react to situations that define how it will play out.
Ic. Woah...this is how they check for dilation. N here I thought was some machine thingy. Ok hope I dun embarrassed exposing when the time comes. :X

@sunstarmoon have u done the swap test? Mine done tdy at 35weeks. Actually i tot will be embrassed, but its really how comfy u r with the gynae.
I aso told him i feel like giving birth real soon, den he quote me an example : you book ur flight today 12pm, but the flight may leave early or be delayed... I was like @.@""" he can really joke n make me relax.

@littleladybug , i think really depends on the patient who is seeing a private gynae or checking into a subsidised ward (eg. class C) with no fix gynae. Of cos private gynae is more experienced therefore the pricing n less time of wait.even the clinic also great service. Actually whether pro natural, or even pro-formula feed instead of bf is depend on mummies choice, n the circumstances to make that very decision.

I cant imagine seeing the mucus plug or even waterbag burst during work time!
I also feel heavy at lower belly!

@furbee no leh. Wat swap test is tt for? My next fri visit is 33+ wk. Eh I think my gynae is used to seeing patients exposed to them. I jus need to overcome it. Gurp.
Ur gynae is so humorous. Haha

Speaking of mucus plug, I Googled the pic and I feel that it look v similar to normal discharge. Hope I won't miss it or treat it as normal discharge. Haha

Mommies dun be too freaked out abt preterm labour or early contractions k. Just remember if not painful, no bloody discharge, no clear fluid leaking then everything should be ok. When in doubt call up your gynae. Last trimester is meant to be a torture lor, so hang in there and focus on getting all the things ready. Was washing a batch of old newborn clothes the other day and felt so… blissful hehe.

Until my 3yo came back and screamed the house down. Sighs. Different kind of torture.

Btw then i think im very thick skinned leh, seriously not embarrassed at all showing errr everything to gynae. I mean he's seen it all right?? Lol…

Hmm. So mucus plug is not a very accurate indicator. So best is to look for for contraction and bursting of water bag? i dun want anyhow chiong hospital and make everyone gan chiong. Haha

Normally at which week gynae will check for dilatation?

Just have my regular visit to gynae, at 36 weeks. Gynae done the swab test but do not think he check for dilatation yet.

From now on my regular visit will change to weekly visit liao. Time flies and hoping baby not come out too soon too. Have not pack my hospital bag yet.

Btw then i think im very thick skinned leh, seriously not embarrassed at all showing errr everything to gynae. I mean he's seen it all right?? Lol…

Hahaha me at first feel a bit nervous lar.... But also have the same thinking as you, he has seen many each day.

I got one friend said she get nervous when did the pap smear test especially when seeing the gynae is quite young n handsome. Lols.....

Mommies dun be too freaked out abt preterm labour or early contractions k. Just remember if not painful, no bloody discharge, no clear fluid leaking then everything should be ok. When in doubt call up your gynae. Last trimester is meant to be a torture lor, so hang in there and focus on getting all the things ready. Was washing a batch of old newborn clothes the other day and felt so… blissful hehe.

Until my 3yo came back and screamed the house down. Sighs. Different kind of torture.

Hahaha you r right, our gynae have seen so many already it doesn't make any diff to them. How many mummies here gynae are male or female? What's your tot about male gynaes? Personally I have seen both, I feel males gynaes are generally more gentle and understanding.

Hahaha you r right, our gynae have seen so many already it doesn't make any diff to them. How many mummies here gynae are male or female? What's your tot about male gynaes? Personally I have seen both, I feel males gynaes are generally more gentle and understanding.
I think so too... Mine is a male Gynae and I find him very gentle. I heard of stories from friends where the female Gynaes are rough and will be painful when doing VE.

Mine aso male gynae, actually even at delivery ward the nurses who r there aso will check for dilation... No comment on female or male more pain, cos really mus relax n let them check if not sure will hurt.

My bills & package add up aso hit $2k+, but i include the supplements n blood test bills etc. I nv do oscar alr hit $2k leh.. So scary... @sleepawhile Really best not to see n count..

Does anyone track ur spending for gynae + all the check up? I m surprised mine hit 2K+ in total.. errm...
Didnt really keep track but besides seeing gynae, I had to see thyroid specialist to monitor the pregnancy stage.. so it's not gonna be cheap. However I'm adamant to at least claim $450 back from medisave on these Pre-delivery procedure.

Back