Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

hi ladies,

1st time ivf preggy with twins here. Would like to consult if any of you have any experience with 1 fetus 2 weeks behind growth than the other fetus? Eg. 1 measuring 8 wks and the other 6 wks? Did both BB survive end of the day? I am so worried I'm losing 1 of them as Dr wasn't too optimistic about it but I'll still like to carry hope growth will catch up. Any info from you ladies are appreciated. Thx

hi ladies,

1st time ivf preggy with twins here. Would like to consult if any of you have any experience with 1 fetus 2 weeks behind growth than the other fetus? Eg. 1 measuring 8 wks and the other 6 wks? Did both BB survive end of the day? I am so worried I'm losing 1 of them as Dr wasn't too optimistic about it but I'll still like to carry hope growth will catch up. Any info from you ladies are appreciated. Thx

hi, for twins my gynae told me that they are actually 2 different individuals..so a week or 2 behind in size should be ok..for me in my early trimester i didn't see much difference as in week 7 both were 12mm and 10mm respectively, at week 11 was 59.1mm and 58.9mm. But then came 2nd trimester when bbs hv grown and not much space in womb, both hv much more difference that was when I asked him when scans showed my t1 is bigger than t2 by 1 week+ kinda..but gynae still adopt that wait and see attitude and gave me asprin to take to thin blood so more blood flow can reach bbs.

When is your next appt? You can try asking your gynae to give you that as it helps in a way..and meanwhile eat well, rest well and don't walk too much around..oh..and think positive ok gal..

more info: http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Last edited:
Haha yay! Glad tht he's pro natural also. But all depends on patient's condition also. For me most likely C-sect Curz is twins...but guess its for the betterment of the babies too.
Hope ur placenta moves up!!
hey idazahs how r u now? u crossing 1st trimester soon?

hi, for twins my gynae told me that they are actually 2 different individuals..so a week or 2 behind in size should be ok..for me in my early trimester i didn't see much difference as in week 7 both were 12mm and 10mm respectively, at week 11 was 59.1mm and 58.9mm. But then came 2nd trimester when bbs hv grown and not much space in womb, both hv much more difference that was when I asked him when scans showed my t1 is bigger than t2 by 1 week+ kinda..but gynae still adopt that wait and see attitude and gave me asprin to take to thin blood so more blood flow can reach bbs.

When is your next appt? You can try asking your gynae to give you that as it helps in a way..and meanwhile eat well, rest well and don't walk too much around..oh..and think positive ok gal..

more info: http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart
Dear Lambi,

Thanks for sharing your exp. I am currently at 8 wks and just did the scan on monday. 1 measured as 3 mm (estimated as 6 wks) while the other 19 mm ( estimated as 8 wks, which is correct). The smaller fetus is too small to detect any heartbeat yet and Dr wasn't optimistic about this. But when i asked her if the fetus grew compared to scan done 2 wks ago she said yes, but by now should have heartbeat.

I really am reluctant to pass a "death sentence" to this fetus as he/she is trying to grow too. Not sure if there's any possibility to detect a heartbeat in 2 wks time :(.

Am trying hard to stay positive as the other twin is growing in me too. As Dr said, I've to be prepared to lose 1........

Thanks for listening me out Lambi! Once I've further updates I'll let u know again. My next scan would be mid May. Have a good day ahead.

Dear Lambi,

Thanks for sharing your exp. I am currently at 8 wks and just did the scan on monday. 1 measured as 3 mm (estimated as 6 wks) while the other 19 mm ( estimated as 8 wks, which is correct). The smaller fetus is too small to detect any heartbeat yet and Dr wasn't optimistic about this. But when i asked her if the fetus grew compared to scan done 2 wks ago she said yes, but by now should have heartbeat.

I really am reluctant to pass a "death sentence" to this fetus as he/she is trying to grow too. Not sure if there's any possibility to detect a heartbeat in 2 wks time :(.

Am trying hard to stay positive as the other twin is growing in me too. As Dr said, I've to be prepared to lose 1........

Thanks for listening me out Lambi! Once I've further updates I'll let u know again. My next scan would be mid May. Have a good day ahead.
no worries ..we ivfers hv so many obstacles than other ppl..do eat oatmeal, avocados and beef meanwhile too..keep on the fighting spirit!

Ok lor. Enjoying baby kicks. But work v stressful. Looking forward to maternity leave (though it is not really "holiday", haha!)
hi mei, how r u? Ur company arrange anyone to cover u for maternity leave yet? hv u more or less get bb stuffs already? im getting nervous now that june is getting nearer:confused:

Hi mummies!
I'm with Prof wong at NUH, did u/s at 5+w & 7w already.. Will be seeing him again at 9w but noticed he didn't arrange for any scan, I don't feel very gd abt this.
I'd like to ask how often your scans were for 1st tri?

Hi mummies!
I'm with Prof wong at NUH, did u/s at 5+w & 7w already.. Will be seeing him again at 9w but noticed he didn't arrange for any scan, I don't feel very gd abt this.
I'd like to ask how often your scans were for 1st tri?
i was with him too! I did in 5 week, 7 week and 11 week 6 days, but that 11th week one he was not around as he was on leave so Dr Anu took over for that day..there after, I am with Prof Biswas until now. Have you called the clinic to check? Maybe the nurse forgot to schedule you?

i was with him too! I did in 5 week, 7 week and 11 week 6 days, but that 11th week one he was not around as he was on leave so Dr Anu took over for that day..there after, I am with Prof Biswas until now. Have you called the clinic to check? Maybe the nurse forgot to schedule you?
I did ask prof.. He said 9w appt no scan... The next scan will only be at abt 12w if I wanna do Oscar test.
U know la, from 7w to 12w... I'd be worrying... Thinking of going my pte regular gynae just to have a peace of mind. Should I?

I did ask prof.. He said 9w appt no scan... The next scan will only be at abt 12w if I wanna do Oscar test.
U know la, from 7w to 12w... I'd be worrying... Thinking of going my pte regular gynae just to have a peace of mind. Should I?
That was what I was feeling too..so in between weeks I went to outside pte gynae myself ..paid a tad extra but had a peace of mind. Maybe u can find one near ur place?

wave dolly..im chrisl hehe changed my id..hv u any recommendations for nasal aspirator?
Lol u change ur nick .. I m not sure about nasal aspirator..
Mei, I have 20 remaining ml days to clear. I can take any time like by week or days. Just have to clear within a year from bb birth date.

Hi all...
Congrats to all mummies to be. How i wish ive the same luck.. :(
My ET was on 20th March'15.. Blood test will only be this coming Monday 6th April. But i am so not looking forward to that day.. Yesterday i started having heavy bleeding(menstrual like bleeding--am still bleeding now)...its like the whole world came crashing down on me... Do any of you know,when is the earliest I can have a frozen transfer?

Hi all...
My ET was on 20th March'15.. Blood test will only be this coming Monday 6th April. But i am so not looking forward to that day.. Yesterday i started having heavy bleeding(menstrual like bleeding--am still bleeding now)...its like the whole world came crashing down on me... Do any of you know,when is the earliest I can have a frozen transfer?
*hugs* preferably at least 1 mth rest in between..Cry out and then pamper yourself before starting next step ok..try when u and ur hb are both mentally and physically ready..cos u will be needing his support..we all here hv gone thru many obstacles ..like me in my 4th fresh under a new hospital and doc. Only some really really really lucky ones passed with 1st attempt. Is this ur first try?

Last edited:
*hugs* preferably 1 mth rest in between..Cry out and then pamper yourself before starting next step ok..try when u and ur hb are both mentally and physically ready..cos u will be needing his support..we all here hv gone thru many obstacles ..like me in my 4th fresh under a new hospital and doc. Only some really really really lucky ones passed with 1st attempt. Is this ur first try?

Hi @Lambi
Yes 1st cycle...put in 2 grade 4 embryos... Was so positive it'll worked.. ;( so heartbreaking...

Hi @Lambi
Yes 1st cycle...put in 2 grade 4 embryos... Was so positive it'll worked.. ;( so heartbreaking...
understand that it is always heartbreaking with a failed cycle..they tend to mess with our heads..nvm..pick urself up and emerge stronger then try again! Some ladies bfp with frozen transfer so jia you ok! be positive!

Hi @Lambi

Thanks!
Are you still in the midst of IVF? How isit going so far? Which hosp you're with?
I married in 2007 then been thru ups and downs of ttc..failed 3fresh long cycles and some medicated and natural fets and suffered many early miscarriages..i am currently with nuh, and have bfped under professor pc wong in my 4th short fresh. u with kk?

Hi all...
Hugs. Pls try to tiao hao ur body b4 trying again. This not only improve ur health n will also increase the success rate.
At first, I'm quite against Chinese medicine n don't believe that it will help.
I'm glad that my manager shared her experience w me n advised me to tiao my body b4 trying for ivf. I've tried Chinese medicine for abt 4mth b4 I start ivf.
Pls don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Chinese medicine is good. My point is, build up ur body (in which ever way u prefer) n ur success rate will increase.
I've been trying lots of other means n ways to get pregnant for many years too. I'm just lucky to be pregnant w ivf after 9 yrs of trying n failures.

I married in 2007 then been thru ups and downs of ttc..failed 3fresh long cycles and some medicated and natural fets and suffered many early miscarriages..i am currently with nuh, and have bfped under professor pc wong in my 4th short fresh. u with kk?

I got married June 2012 and been TTC Ever since(I cant imagine urs! Must be even harder for u) I was with Parkway East hosp(Recommended by a friend).,i took clomid for few cycles(all failed)..was diagnosed with left blocked fallopian tube...proceeded to IUI for 1 cycle through Parkway East Hosp too(failed too!)... And here i am...embarked to another big step..IVF.. But with KKH..Financially exhausted with d cost of private hosp..
When i first saw the bleeding(spotting-like),i tried to believe its implantation bleeding...this morning i woke up to heavier bleeding,more to the menstrual kind...And to that..I knw this cycle failed...Ive 2 frozen embryos..hope that'll do the job well.. Any idea for Frozen cycle, any jabs required?or will it be just transferring the embryos and thats it?

Hugs. Pls try to tiao hao ur body b4 trying again. This not only improve ur health n will also increase the success rate.
At first, I'm quite against Chinese medicine n don't believe that it will help.
I'm glad that my manager shared her experience w me n advised me to tiao my body b4 trying for ivf. I've tried Chinese medicine for abt 4mth b4 I start ivf.
Pls don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Chinese medicine is good. My point is, build up ur body (in which ever way u prefer) n ur success rate will increase.
I've been trying lots of other means n ways to get pregnant for many years too. I'm just lucky to be pregnant w ivf after 9 yrs of trying n failures.

@bb_love 9yrs?what is my 3yrs TTC compared to yours... congrats on ur Preg! i guess i will need to take a break before starting back..i guess body needs to rest after all those jabs and medicine... thanks dear!

I got married June 2012 and been TTC Ever since(I cant imagine urs! Must be even harder for u) I was with Parkway East hosp(Recommended by a friend).,i took clomid for few cycles(all failed)..was diagnosed with left blocked fallopian tube...proceeded to IUI for 1 cycle through Parkway East Hosp too(failed too!)... And here i am...embarked to another big step..IVF.. But with KKH..Financially exhausted with d cost of private hosp..
When i first saw the bleeding(spotting-like),i tried to believe its implantation bleeding...this morning i woke up to heavier bleeding,more to the menstrual kind...And to that..I knw this cycle failed...Ive 2 frozen embryos..hope that'll do the job well.. Any idea for Frozen cycle, any jabs required?or will it be just transferring the embryos and thats it?

oic..actually gov hospitals hv equally good docs..but I personally feel it is chemistry with ur doc..and for implantation bleeding-I dun believe it as it didn happen to me at all..many cycles of mine I started bleeding even before 2ww is up:(

as for ur frozen cycle it all depends on ur doc what he recommends for ur case. He might put u under natural or medicated ..for natural fet cycle easy, they will ask u go monitor ur ovulation using opks at home then call them when it is positive, they will arrange for et. But for medicated fet, hv to start on medication alone or also in some cases an added jab for some sisters I read-but very seldom jabs lah for fet. Medicines are to prim the lining and make u not ovulate on ur own, then they will schedule et..then both thereafter supported with progesterone pills or some docs might also give u a little hcg jab as support after..

yup..agree with bb_love..though I didn't do tcm concurrently with my cycles but months prior this 4th fresh I took homebrewed bazhen soup myself...not to mention eat well to build up body, drink good quality water, exercise a bit ...

Dear sisters out there, would you all go for oscars test first OR harmony test OR both? What would be your main factors in considering?

hi mei, how r u? Ur company arrange anyone to cover u for maternity leave yet? hv u more or less get bb stuffs already? im getting nervous now that june is getting nearer:confused:
Jiayou jiayou! I dont think i have anyone covering me at the moment. Pity my colleagues. Bb stuffs all not ready... Only got cot and stroller. Waiting for bb fair next wk!
Don't worry think we will make it! Even though it is our first time. It will be difficult but we wkll do our best, within our personal means! U settled confinement matters too?

@bb_love 9yrs?what is my 3yrs TTC compared to yours... congrats on ur Preg! i guess i will need to take a break before starting back..i guess body needs to rest after all those jabs and medicine... thanks dear!
Don't dwell on this cycle (I know it is hard). One KKH nurse told me most of the ivf patients try multiple times, very rarely they succeed first time.
But as long as u try, there is always hope for u to succeed!

wow at least you got somethings :) Next week get ready to shop wahaha

Not really leh..only my hb helping for 4 weeks - im still nagging him to tell his boss to push for 5 weeks as he dun have paternity leave as I am not working. And then my mum said she will be taking some leave..but just yesterday she came down with a very bad sprain on her back/hip and thus need to take leave next week on her own (take too many days mc her company dun like) so that means lesser days she can take to help me at home..poor thing leh..working in sg like not many benefits..take too many days mc kena blacklisted...you leh? Hv you got anyone in mind to help already? Hmm I am thinking maybe to get a big waterproof sheet for bathing bb in room on the bed..cos toilet too cramp..

ur edd when again I forgot? Mid or early june? For me 30/6 but then most likely say ard a few weeks early = maybe early to mid june :)

Hi KW, it's not a matter of how many years of trying. 3 yrs ttc is not short either. U need to take good care of ur health. I'm sure u also can have ur bfp soon. :)

wow at least you got somethings :) Next week get ready to shop wahaha

Not really leh..only my hb helping for 4 weeks - im still nagging him to tell his boss to push for 5 weeks as he dun have paternity leave as I am not working. And then my mum said she will be taking some leave..but just yesterday she came down with a very bad sprain on her back/hip and thus need to take leave next week on her own (take too many days mc her company dun like) so that means lesser days she can take to help me at home..poor thing leh..working in sg like not many benefits..take too many days mc kena blacklisted...you leh? Hv you got anyone in mind to help already? Hmm I am thinking maybe to get a big waterproof sheet for bathing bb in room on the bed..cos toilet too cramp..
I think a lot of companies in sg not family friendly. But ur hb company not bad, allow him to take so much leave one shot! ;) he is working for an overseas company?
Hope ur mom gets better soon!
The waterproof sheet sounds like a gd idea!
Think u will need all hands on board with twins! ;) do u talk to them every day now? Haha usually i will try and talk once a day la.
EDD is in early Jun. Think my bb will come out same time as urs since u shd be delivering earlier than EDD.

I think a lot of companies in sg not family friendly. But ur hb company not bad, allow him to take so much leave one shot! ;) he is working for an overseas company?
Hope ur mom gets better soon!
The waterproof sheet sounds like a gd idea!
Think u will need all hands on board with twins! ;) do u talk to them every day now? Haha usually i will try and talk once a day la.
EDD is in early Jun. Think my bb will come out same time as urs since u shd be delivering earlier than EDD.
yes he is based overseas that is why..but his company very small scale only him his boss and his colleague..so hv to tell in advance esp over there in june/july/aug is summer holidays and the team needs to cover him..else he hv to bring work here..

yup I talk to them! I also sing to them sometimes lol I played music on youtube to listen to and hum along well somedays my girl no response de..but boy is kicking so much..i guess he might be the active one :) you thinking of c-sec or natural?

SAHM lo. Sigh! Maybe I'm just too free:p How are you? I read somewhere that you are having twins... Congrats!
hehe that is why I am also lurking ard online reading..im ok thanks..in my 27th week now..u? r u expecting ur 1st too?

For mummies going for Expo baby fair next week, I saw a good deal!
I won't be buying so early.. Hopefully still have this promo later in the yr :)
ImageUploadedByForum1428039630.327995.jpg

I only start buying bb stuffs ard wk18 onwards after I received harmony test result n know the gender. Big items like cot , stroller n etc, we left it till last mth before delivery then buy.Now I look back, there are things tat I no need to buy in rush but as ftm u just want the best for bb.especially if princess, ur buying will go haywire...
Dun get disappointed cycle failed. Some knows me from other thread tat I have 8 tries before I have my princess now. I dun know how I went thru but all I know was I want my rainbow bb.my persistence n determination paid off.

Me still in super early stage... Week 6. Ya my 1st haha... Still got a long long way ahead with so many unknowns!
enjoy the journey! How r u feeling now?
Yes actually sometimes I don't post so often cos too busy with work. But I do read the posts. Do update us on how u are!

yes he is based overseas that is why..but his company very small scale only him his boss and his colleague..so hv to tell in advance esp over there in june/july/aug is summer holidays and the team needs to cover him..else he hv to bring work here..

yup I talk to them! I also sing to them sometimes lol I played music on youtube to listen to and hum along well somedays my girl no response de..but boy is kicking so much..i guess he might be the active one :) you thinking of c-sec or natural?
Haha ur girl give way to ur boy! I feel like my tummy no space for one bb, really wonder how two can squeeze inside! But of cos nature has its ways! Ur girl is also definitely listening to u! Btw how do u know it is ur boy kicking? Cos my bb sometimes kick left, or right, or up or down...
I prob do natural if possible. But a lot of my friends want to do c section. Less pain, less blood and less energy they said.

I only start buying bb stuffs ard wk18 onwards after I received harmony test result n know the gender. Big items like cot , stroller n etc, we left it till last mth before delivery then buy.Now I look back, there are things tat I no need to buy in rush but as ftm u just want the best for bb.especially if princess, ur buying will go haywire...
Dun get disappointed cycle failed. Some knows me from other thread tat I have 8 tries before I have my princess now. I dun know how I went thru but all I know was I want my rainbow bb.my persistence n determination paid off.
Yes very wise words. Guess the only thing is persistence. I also took a few tries before getting this far. I think of trying for next child feel a bit scared also... Dunno how many tries then can make it again...
Btw are there items which u think are not necessary to get? Cos got so much stuff on the market..

hey idazahs how r u now? u crossing 1st trimester soon?

Hi! Yea I been quiet since I went back to work. Been busy & extremely exhausted everyday. Now in trimester 2. Been having aches all day everyday tht I get so worried. But Curz my last visit to doctor he seemed like I'm worrying too much so I didn't call them up with any complaints! Haha...
I can't wait for next scan because I wanna know gender. But if twins, will we know gender by 16 weeks?

I also have worry about my babies sizes as in beginning they were always few days apart. My last scan they were about 3-4 days apart in size which was quite a difference. Just hoping both can grow well

Haha ur girl give way to ur boy! I feel like my tummy no space for one bb, really wonder how two can squeeze inside! But of cos nature has its ways! Ur girl is also definitely listening to u! Btw how do u know it is ur boy kicking? Cos my bb sometimes kick left, or right, or up or down...
I prob do natural if possible. But a lot of my friends want to do c section. Less pain, less blood and less energy they said.
hehe..cos my boy is on the left and girl right...but sometimes when there are movements in the middle like the belly button then im confused liao wahahaha I still hv trouble counting and charting their movements sometimes ..u started with fetal counts not?

im into c-sec..cos I experienced natural mc and that was painful liao..I cannot imagine with giving birth! :eek:

Hi! Yea I been quiet since I went back to work. Been busy & extremely exhausted everyday. Now in trimester 2. Been having aches all day everyday tht I get so worried. But Curz my last visit to doctor he seemed like I'm worrying too much so I didn't call them up with any complaints! Haha...
I can't wait for next scan because I wanna know gender. But if twins, will we know gender by 16 weeks?

I also have worry about my babies sizes as in beginning they were always few days apart. My last scan they were about 3-4 days apart in size which was quite a difference. Just hoping both can grow well

wow time flies! 2nd tri already? Now mid year sure busy..ur centre got mid year ptc/ptm(parent teacher conference/mtg? I remembered last time ard this time hv to get those portfolios ready and not to mention planning/getting ready year end concerts..ur centre hv that too not?
hmm..last time I was 14weeks then can see already but bbs must be in the right position to show ..must not shy lol...3-4days apart ok normal ..mines was like that too..but hv to monitor lor..if say more than 2 weeks kind think more risky ..as might lead to IUGR in later trimester ...like my case now im praying hard they both almost sama sama weight comes 3rd trimester ...

Hello mummies! Lambi it's so nice to get twin boy and gal!! Your are so lucky! Can close shop liao! Haha!
I'm only going 8 weeks tomorrow. Dun have a single pregnancy symptoms except a little sore breast... No MS at all which seriously am very worried about... Been reading a lot online and tends to scare myself with people's miscarriages around 8-10weeks of pregnacy whereby the heartbeat suddenly stopped... So worrying leh... How? My next scan is next week but I'm already feeling very nervous about it. I guess the lack of MS worries me a lot... I secretly wish I'll get MS to assure that my pregnancy hormones are going strong but till now not feeling a single symptom. Sigh!! :(

Thanks all ! Just feeling super bored cuz not working ... Somehow missed the working life as time passed faster...but decided to resign so that I can focus on TTC/IVF...

Now always lack of appetite , tiredness and nausea.. Now packing fried rice with extra egg to ease my hunger. Din really eat cuz no appetite during the dinner time.

Am I the with the latest EDD ... 3rd week of Nov??? Hopefully I can reach to that stage.....haha.

Hello mummies! Lambi it's so nice to get twin boy and gal!! Your are so lucky! Can close shop liao! Haha!
I'm only going 8 weeks tomorrow. Dun have a single pregnancy symptoms except a little sore breast... No MS at all which seriously am very worried about... Been reading a lot online and tends to scare myself with people's miscarriages around 8-10weeks of pregnacy whereby the heartbeat suddenly stopped... So worrying leh... How? My next scan is next week but I'm already feeling very nervous about it. I guess the lack of MS worries me a lot... I secretly wish I'll get MS to assure that my pregnancy hormones are going strong but till now not feeling a single symptom. Sigh!! :(

Gal, have checked with doctor as well on the MS symptoms thingy... With or without, doesn't really matter... No worries ya....

So next week, you are in week 9 lo... Another millstone accomplished.... Nice... I still got a long way to go...

Back