(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

good morning ladies! (even though I'm sure for a lot of us here, its no day no night... lol). i was just reading the earlier posts last night n thinking i better buy one bottle of the nasal spray to standby, then really this morning my bb went on a milk strike. wasn't sure if his nose was blocked (looks ok to me), or cos he had phlegm (was making abit of weird grunting sounds last night), but for his 8am feed, no matter how i coax, what position i put him in, he will scream n push the bottle away with his tongue n little fists. After 1.5 hrs, he only drank 60ml out of 130ml. Wah, the thought of having to pour the balance 70ml down the sink is downright depressing man. so finally i put him back in the cot, went back to my korean drama, n told myself i will try later. then 30 mins later, saw him stirring in his cot, so i quickly propped him into a sitting position while still in the cot, n stuck the bottle back into his mouth before he had a chance to think abt it. to my surprise, he actually started drinking. so i spent the next 15 mins hunched over my fixed side cot breaking my back, holding his body up with my wrist that felt like breaking, not daring to move, while he slowly finished the balance 70ml. haha, things we do for our babies.

i brought my bb out once he's full month, most times he's ok, usually he will fuss only if its too bright/too noisy/too cold. over stimulation. my bb likes it when he's moving, he will actually cry when we stop at a red light, n stop once the car moves again. i bring him for walks too, some mornings i will take a leisurely stroll along the kallang basin to the sports hub ntuc, he seems to enjoy it, except if it gets too warm.

can't believe its April already... where did the time go?! going back to work on the 13th, so depressing.

any of u thinking of bringing baby on a holiday? i have to go back to visit my MIL in June, but the thought of the long flight is causing me sleepless nights... worried abt fussy bb, worried abt jet lag n messing up his entire sleep cycle, n most of all, worried abt the logistics of pumping n feeding n cleaning bottles inflight. i know it will be easiest to DL, but I'm always paranoid if he is drinking enough. psychological barrier la. haiz if i can have my way, i will delay this trip till when bb is at least 1, but my MIL just had another minor stroke, really don't know how long more she can tahan, every time my hubby talks to her, she tells him she's just holding on till she sees our bb, like that how to delay? haiz haiz haiz.

Which country you need to fly to?

You can join the FB group they have tips on storing ebm while traveling.

They are very clever one lei... haha my gal also don't finish her milk when my hub feed her. luckily my mum feed her, she guai guai finish all..
How many times have you call home? haha
My hubby is at home today, so I have been messaging him... Think I still quite okay, don't call home that often. Maybe just every 3 hours ard his feed time....

My hubby/MIL like to prepare the milk in advance before he wake up... .end up he only drink a little or nv drink much, have to throw away. Very heartpain.

Wahhh the nursing cover so pretty! I exclusive pumping, haven't try pumping outside before... Need nursing cover? Like that for excuse to buy :p
If you pump in public, can use nursing cover to cover lah, if u pump in nursing room, then don't need lah. :)

good morning ladies! (even though I'm sure for a lot of us here, its no day no night... lol). i was just reading the earlier posts last night n thinking i better buy one bottle of the nasal spray to standby, then really this morning my bb went on a milk strike. wasn't sure if his nose was blocked (looks ok to me), or cos he had phlegm (was making abit of weird grunting sounds last night), but for his 8am feed, no matter how i coax, what position i put him in, he will scream n push the bottle away with his tongue n little fists. After 1.5 hrs, he only drank 60ml out of 130ml. Wah, the thought of having to pour the balance 70ml down the sink is downright depressing man. so finally i put him back in the cot, went back to my korean drama, n told myself i will try later. then 30 mins later, saw him stirring in his cot, so i quickly propped him into a sitting position while still in the cot, n stuck the bottle back into his mouth before he had a chance to think abt it. to my surprise, he actually started drinking. so i spent the next 15 mins hunched over my fixed side cot breaking my back, holding his body up with my wrist that felt like breaking, not daring to move, while he slowly finished the balance 70ml. haha, things we do for our babies.

i brought my bb out once he's full month, most times he's ok, usually he will fuss only if its too bright/too noisy/too cold. over stimulation. my bb likes it when he's moving, he will actually cry when we stop at a red light, n stop once the car moves again. i bring him for walks too, some mornings i will take a leisurely stroll along the kallang basin to the sports hub ntuc, he seems to enjoy it, except if it gets too warm.

can't believe its April already... where did the time go?! going back to work on the 13th, so depressing.

any of u thinking of bringing baby on a holiday? i have to go back to visit my MIL in June, but the thought of the long flight is causing me sleepless nights... worried abt fussy bb, worried abt jet lag n messing up his entire sleep cycle, n most of all, worried abt the logistics of pumping n feeding n cleaning bottles inflight. i know it will be easiest to DL, but I'm always paranoid if he is drinking enough. psychological barrier la. haiz if i can have my way, i will delay this trip till when bb is at least 1, but my MIL just had another minor stroke, really don't know how long more she can tahan, every time my hubby talks to her, she tells him she's just holding on till she sees our bb, like that how to delay? haiz haiz haiz.

I think on the plane much much much easier to direct latch rather than bring an arsenal of stuff.. Don't worry babies are smart, thy will cry when hungry so just latch when bb cry no need follow clock so zun one.

I wanna go holiday!! Dreaming abt it. I think logistically it will be easiest to bring bb to cruise so I have been looking forward to it, nearly wanted to book at recent travel fair but suddenly realise, oh cannot! Cos bb don't have passport yet cannot book lol!

I think on the plane much much much easier to direct latch rather than bring an arsenal of stuff.. Don't worry babies are smart, thy will cry when hungry so just latch when bb cry no need follow clock so zun one.

I wanna go holiday!! Dreaming abt it. I think logistically it will be easiest to bring bb to cruise so I have been looking forward to it, nearly wanted to book at recent travel fair but suddenly realise, oh cannot! Cos bb don't have passport yet cannot book lol!
Hahaha, mine too! Must quickly take passport photo! I also wanna travel!

ya lor.. I feed FM. imagine the amt of things I gotta bring hahaa
Mine also no passport yet

Tell me about it. My first day back at work today.... My hubby (who is at home with my MIL who is the caretaker while we're at work) told me that he drank only 80ml this morning, and 20ml at the 11am feed! Hope he is not on a milk strike! I told my hubby to try to dream feed him.... cuz if he doesn't finish within the hour, have to throw away the rest! I prep 120ml for him each time...*heartpain*

My bb also likes to be moving. He loves to be in the stroller and in the car, and once we stop moving he will fuss! Exactly the same as yours! Even when the car is slowing down, he will fuss! In the stroller, he likes to be "off-road", the bumpier the better...

Yup, can see LO while nursing, and it's quite airy, so he doesn't feel too hot.

You can buy on this site - http://www.allemom.sg/category.cfm?brand=bebe-au-lait&gclid=CKy70K-i1MQCFQsojgodoq4AUw

ya ya, hi-5! the bumpier the better, first few times i go over bumps/uneven pavements i so scared he will fuss, but no, he slept until damn shiok. its when the stroller is not moving then he will slowly open one eye n give me the evil look, before starting to warm up his lungs.

Which country you need to fly to?

You can join the FB group they have tips on storing ebm while traveling.

US... i calculated, door to door, its about 25 hrs! its not so much the storing, usually i will pump n feed, its the cleaning n sterilising of the bottles inflight. haiz. maybe bo bian i will just latch. who knows, maybe bb can sleep the whole way there *dreaming* yep I'm in the Facebook grp for breastfeeding... man they are super hardcore... too hardcore for me actually, to them its really BM or nothing, to the extent that its ok if bb doesn't gain weight, bb is dehydrated, mummy is so stressed until crying everyday etc, which i totally disagree with. their "solution" to every problem is just DL more. but i will hang around silently to read n learn some tips here n there.

yes, he's ang moh. but he's more "chinese uncle" than a real chinese uncle... i bet none of your hubbies have went to place deposit for pre-nursery already right... well, he has. omg. damn kiasu, i always tell him they should just give him a pink IC already.
Better arrange the trip over asap... dun later next time regret ...

Deposit for pre nursery ??? So fast ?? Now not even 6 mths old.. haha

Better arrange the trip over asap... dun later next time regret ...

Deposit for pre nursery ??? So fast ?? Now not even 6 mths old.. haha

ya, trip arranged, air tickets bought already. oh ya, mummies if u r flying, must check for the flight u want if the bassinet seats are still available, cos not much of those seats on each flight. unless u don't mind holding your bb the whole way.

ya la, this uncle ah, so worried got long waiting list, so he go n put deposit first. best is he can put deposit for 2 schools, cos he hasn't decided which one yet.

oh i love cruises! best kind of holiday for somebody like me - hate to fly, lazy to change hotels... everyday i wake up I'm at a new destination, best! i can see the cruise terminal from my window now, my hubby (who loves cruises even more than me) calls it his "parking lot", lol. today no ship in his parking lot... this past weekend got Celebrity cruise, we call it "Big X", cos its logo is a big X, i took this line to Alaska in 2013, very nice, you can consider. if not then royal caribbean. don't waste time on star cruise ok, not the same.

Agree with feeding him first!! I rather go out later to accommodate his feeds and naps so that he is satisfied and happy!!

I juz nurse him when he gets hungry. Sometimes I go nursing room, but mostly I juz nurse him under a nursing cover.
Oh den diff cos I pump out...will feed my girl 1st or bring and feed when reach nearby shopping mall...will go home b4 next feed n for myself to pump as well...

My bb hasn't been drinking well lately cos of her reflux. PD ain't too concerned cos she's still gaining wt? She was 6.2kg at 3 mths. Every feed is such a struggle for us both! She screams, kicks, grunts, cries and swipes the bottle away angrily. Even when she's finally drinking, she will make lots of noise. Feed her till scared liao. And now she doesn't wanna be carried and fed. Must lay her on bed or cot with head propped up on pillow n feed. So many patterns..

oh i love cruises! best kind of holiday for somebody like me - hate to fly, lazy to change hotels... everyday i wake up I'm at a new destination, best! i can see the cruise terminal from my window now, my hubby (who loves cruises even more than me) calls it his "parking lot", lol. today no ship in his parking lot... this past weekend got Celebrity cruise, we call it "Big X", cos its logo is a big X, i took this line to Alaska in 2013, very nice, you can consider. if not then royal caribbean. don't waste time on star cruise ok, not the same.

Yea yea! We haven't been to a cruise holiday before ( last time all backpacking or self drive before bb is born) so am looking forward to it! Am aiming royal carribean and costa cruise- which one nicer? Star cruise I been to once nearly 20 yrs ago lol! Sponsored school trip haha.

I juz nurse him when he gets hungry. Sometimes I go nursing room, but mostly I juz nurse him under a nursing cover.

I always find feeding room, not comfy with using nursing cover in public areas lei, cos like will zao geng.. Won't mah? Only time I used is during bb massage class, it was such a funny class, mummies keep having to take break and feed babies, but we all had nursing shawls lah so listen while feeding, feed a little then massage bb again, chaotic mess of howling babies the first time, second time the babies seem to enjoy it.

Not decided yet!! Wanna try somewhere nearby first though.. cruise sounds good since its self contained but think it can be quite boring?? Very ex also!
Sometimes got the one for one offer with babies free. I calculated liao not too ex since all expenses alr included.

I tried taking passport photo but she keeps moving lol. Haven't gotten a good shot so far

what i did was to put a white cloth under bb's head, then use iPhone to take the photo. just gotta make sure bb is looking straight ahead, n expression is neutral (i.e. not when he's smiling until cannot see the eyes, for example)

Yea yea! We haven't been to a cruise holiday before ( last time all backpacking or self drive before bb is born) so am looking forward to it! Am aiming royal carribean and costa cruise- which one nicer? Star cruise I been to once nearly 20 yrs ago lol! Sponsored school trip haha.

i have not been on costa, but my understanding from my hubby is that in europe where its based, it has a reputation for being a more mass market rowdy party cruise, people go onboard to get drunk n party away. not sure how it is here, but amenities-wise, between the 2, for all-round family entertainment, i think royal caribbean is a safer bet. i have taken them a few times, the one docking in SG now is Mariner of the Seas, i took its sister ship Voyager of the Seas back in 2012, the ship, while not exactly new, has quite a lot of entertainment on board - ice skating rink, Johnny Rockets (fast-food), n musical shows every night etc. plus all the food n ben n jerry's ice cream u can eat *slurp*

My girl moving her head when wanna spray den spray liao her reaction making me feel like is she ok w salt water in her nose...

So she didn't cry?

First few times my girl cried lo, after that used to it... But I feel bad sometimes accidentally spray till fly to her eyes!

US... i calculated, door to door, its about 25 hrs! its not so much the storing, usually i will pump n feed, its the cleaning n sterilising of the bottles inflight. haiz. maybe bo bian i will just latch. who knows, maybe bb can sleep the whole way there *dreaming* yep I'm in the Facebook grp for breastfeeding... man they are super hardcore... too hardcore for me actually, to them its really BM or nothing, to the extent that its ok if bb doesn't gain weight, bb is dehydrated, mummy is so stressed until crying everyday etc, which i totally disagree with. their "solution" to every problem is just DL more. but i will hang around silently to read n learn some tips here n there.

Yaya... I am in a few groups but I only silent reader, will only read up info which I need. Agree that some are damn hardcore and they treat fm like poison! See le, jin scary. Don't think so much, do your preparation well for the trip... Maybe by June baby is already older and more 听话 who knows you might get a smooth trip! :)

yar when I started bf I was so stressed frm reading all those posts then I was supplementing with fm I felt so guilt ridden because of all the posts there...so much stress on myself and end up affecting supply also... now I take whatever I read with a pinch of salt..

My bb hasn't been drinking well lately cos of her reflux. PD ain't too concerned cos she's still gaining wt? She was 6.2kg at 3 mths. Every feed is such a struggle for us both! She screams, kicks, grunts, cries and swipes the bottle away angrily. Even when she's finally drinking, she will make lots of noise. Feed her till scared liao. And now she doesn't wanna be carried and fed. Must lay her on bed or cot with head propped up on pillow n feed. So many patterns..

I think my gal is having reflux as well as she got all the symptoms u mentioned.. is there any cure?

I stayed my gal with staycation 1st when she is 2 months + she slept thru the night guess the hotel bed and aircon are too comfortable to her lolz

And for me When on staycation I latch on demand or pump and feed immediately no way to store and I have to be creative when it come to steaming pump equipment lolz

ya, trip arranged, air tickets bought already. oh ya, mummies if u r flying, must check for the flight u want if the bassinet seats are still available, cos not much of those seats on each flight. unless u don't mind holding your bb the whole way.

ya la, this uncle ah, so worried got long waiting list, so he go n put deposit first. best is he can put deposit for 2 schools, cos he hasn't decided which one yet.
Huh.. then means he will forfeit 1 deposit ??

Make sure the background is not crumpled and no shadow .. I took many times and edit many times and even Ica officer also help me edit them passed lolz

Wah ica service so good got help edit ah? Where are you planning to go for holiday?

i have not been on costa, but my understanding from my hubby is that in europe where its based, it has a reputation for being a more mass market rowdy party cruise, people go onboard to get drunk n party away. not sure how it is here, but amenities-wise, between the 2, for all-round family entertainment, i think royal caribbean is a safer bet. i have taken them a few times, the one docking in SG now is Mariner of the Seas, i took its sister ship Voyager of the Seas back in 2012, the ship, while not exactly new, has quite a lot of entertainment on board - ice skating rink, Johnny Rockets (fast-food), n musical shows every night etc. plus all the food n ben n jerry's ice cream u can eat *slurp*

Hee heng I asked. Ok shall aim royal carribean then! Ben n Jerry's here I come !

Aiyo my boy yday v naughty dun wanna sleep all day wanna feed and cry only then make me migraine so bad that at night I popped a panadol before sleeping. He so tired he slept from 10pm to 3am then wake, suckle one breast then 740am wake again, diapers is yellow lor, dehydration, so xin tong.

Aiyo my boy yday v naughty dun wanna sleep all day wanna feed and cry only then make me migraine so bad that at night I popped a panadol before sleeping. He so tired he slept from 10pm to 3am then wake, suckle one breast then 740am wake again, diapers is yellow lor, dehydration, so xin tong.

Yellow = dehydration?

Wah ica service so good got help edit ah? Where are you planning to go for holiday?
Lolz guess mine only required minimum editing so they helped

Was initially planning to go Bintan during March school holiday but went sentosa staycation in stead cos my gal no passport lolz

My travel is always impromptu lolz so I just made the passport so that when needed and I have it lolz

How old is your boy now?

6.2kg at 3 months seems okay?? Mine is only 5.8kg at 14 weeks.

I think my gal is having reflux as well as she got all the symptoms u mentioned.. is there any cure?
They will eventually outgrow it once their digestive track develops and they can better control the oesophagus opening...

Just have to make sure that he burps after meals, and sitting him upright after meals help as well.

My PD prescribed probiotics to help with his digestion as well....

I see. so hows ur bb ytd?
It was your first day back at work rite?

My mum damn gang ho, she is taking care of my gal (3mth) and my sis gal (10mths) haha and she somehow still manage to cook dinner.

Anybody going?
Screenshot_2015-04-01-10-33-14_1427944950855.jpg

PD gave her zantac which is supposed to help reduce the acid that she throws up with her milk. She drinks slightly better now and is less agitated..also pukes less. When I stopped the med yesterday it came back..so guess the med helps. Dr said she will outgrow it eventually. Not sure when though..

What do u all do if bb can't burp at night? Tired mummy + baby can't seem to burp after trying for half an hr = gassy and cranky baby. Feeling guilty tt I let bb sleep when she can't burp after half an hr at night. No matter what position I use..still no burp.

I've been before... limited items but prices not bad. Anything in particular u looking for? They sell mostly Avent stuff.
Nothing in particular to buy. Juz wanna go there take a look. Do they sell toys? How's the q there? Need to wait hours to go in?

What do u all do if bb can't burp at night? Tired mummy + baby can't seem to burp after trying for half an hr = gassy and cranky baby. Feeling guilty tt I let bb sleep when she can't burp after half an hr at night. No matter what position I use..still no burp.

At night... If really cannot burp I just put him back to cot to sleep. If he v uncomfortable he will squirm and squirm n his noise level increase, if increase to the extent that is agitated and wakes me up I get up and burp him again. Usually the second time more successful.

Actually the PD told me you just try for 15 min, if no burp, then don't need to continue trying, becomes counter productive.

Nothing in particular to buy. Juz wanna go there take a look. Do they sell toys? How's the q there? Need to wait hours to go in?
It's a very small area. No toys the last time I went. Keep your expectations very low. If nothing to buy, then dun really need to go. Wait for the baby fair at expo next week.

My mum damn gang ho, she is taking care of my gal (3mth) and my sis gal (10mths) haha and she somehow still manage to cook dinner.
Yeah ytd was my first day back. Quite a few changes in the office, but those who know me like all v happy to see me. LOL. Doing month end work now... Pumped 2x at work yesterday. Pumped 2x already today. Not so busy yet, got time to sit at desk. Hopefully this continues...

I let her sleep coz she most of the time very drowsy le.. then I wait to see if she drip milk out. haha

Yeah ytd was my first day back. Quite a few changes in the office, but those who know me like all v happy to see me. LOL. Doing month end work now... Pumped 2x at work yesterday. Pumped 2x already today. Not so busy yet, got time to sit at desk. Hopefully this continues...

Ya, my office also. I was busy showing off my gal photo haha
Nope bad. keep it up with the pumping!

Our mom are super mom

They are very good with multi tasking

I hold my gal upright for 5 mins if no burp then off you go to bed hehehe

Lazy sleepy mom. Lolz

I let her sleep coz she most of the time very drowsy le.. then I wait to see if she drip milk out. haha

Ya, my office also. I was busy showing off my gal photo haha
Nope bad. keep it up with the pumping!
Huh? You back to work already ? U din take the whole 16 wks?

Back