MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Can I check w u mummies.... What brand of omega 3 supplements do u all take tt is safe for pregnant women? I know we need to choose those that are mercury free. Any other things to look out for?
Thanks!!

Can I check w u mummies.... What brand of omega 3 supplements do u all take tt is safe for pregnant women? I know we need to choose those that are mercury free. Any other things to look out for?
Thanks!!

Im taking supplements from my gynae. And i drink fresh milk with omega 3 :)

Thanks!!
my gynae gave me 'neurogain' last few months..then now I finished and switched to a local Norwegian brand my hb sent to me http://www.mollers.no/produkt/mollers-omega-3-fisk/

oh u need to see if the one fishoil u take is vit A free too cos if u r taking other pregnancy multivitamin ..excess vit A not good..

Ok Tks!!! I guess e one u r taking is not available in pharmacies here??
Good point on Vit A! I'll take note on tt!! Tks!!

Ok Tks!!! I guess e one u r taking is not available in pharmacies here??
Good point on Vit A! I'll take note on tt!! Tks!!
im afraid not..nope..i just did a quick search on ebay they hv from uk but the ones they hv contains vitA with..

Mummies of twinnies, do anyone of u feel stomach cramp n pains? Im at 15wks 2 days now..
it's normal ..cos uterus stretching to accommodate 2 bbs..twin mums like us tend to cramp more, as long no strange discharge or spottings with it should be fine..

Hi ladies, any mtb bought pregnancy insurance? I'm worried of the high cost for premature births so am considering to purchase.

Hi ladies, any mtb bought pregnancy insurance? I'm worried of the high cost for premature births so am considering to purchase.
Is there any good one? I am currently with tmc gynae but in the event that I have to deliver earlier, I might just go to public hospital. The cost is really high if premature. Cannot imagine.

In a bit of panic mode, 9 weeks now and sighted a bit of blood in discharge. More brownish.. not sure if should go a &e for a scan ..

Went to a&e and got the gynae on duty to do a scan for heartbeats and cervix examination.

Gynae said jab is not required but to continue to monitor . I can sleep better after hearing her...

Going for my hospital tour tomorrow ...cannot wait!:):) But any advise on what questions to ask? I can only think of

1) Can I hv an estimated bill size for c-sec?
2) Can we opt to pay by visa?
3) If im taking 1 bedder, must bbs follow me according to the ward class?
4) Can my hb stay overnight with me if I stay in 1 bedder? 2 bedders?
5) If somewhat between now and my elective c-sec, bbs decide to come early, what do I do? Go to a&e?
6) For elective c-sec can my hb follow me into the op theatre?
7) Can he record/take photos?
8) Will there be confinement food offered? Or can we bring some of our own like red dates tea etc?

any other questions I should add on?

Your list is pretty comprehensive already

About cord blood handling, if you are storing it (maybe)

Will confinement meals be extended to hb ( some hospitals have that )

Will my baby be examined in the labour room with me or will he/she be removed and taken to another room

Will formula be provided if breastfeed is not available

Chrisl, mayb u can ask abt nursery charges. Mount e charges $1 per 60ml of milk (any brand) some hospital charges diapers cotton buds etc.

hi fellow mummies! i just found out last week im expecting twins. am 8 weeks today, edd 31 oct but most likely will deliver earlier or even in sept. anyone did natural or did most gynaes encourage c-sect?

hoping to learn from other experienced twin mummies :)

Hi all, anyone expecting identical twins? I am around week 17 and diagnosed with ttts. Anyone experienced this before?

Hi Everyone, expecting twins in September but again might come out August. Anyone has undergone the fetal anomaly tests. How does it cost? is it more expensive for twins? Thanks in advance.

hi fellow mummies! i just found out last week im expecting twins. am 8 weeks today, edd 31 oct but most likely will deliver earlier or even in sept. anyone did natural or did most gynaes encourage c-sect?

hoping to learn from other experienced twin mummies :)
welcome and congrats! hmm...most of us here are still waiting to give birth..im opting for c-sec with epi...well gynae said 80% twin cases ended up c-sec..

Hi all, anyone expecting identical twins? I am around week 17 and diagnosed with ttts. Anyone experienced this before?
hmmm..im with fraternal twins with different sac/placenta..sorry couldn't be of much advise ..but my case one of the twin is small..my gynae told me to go back again for another scan 2weeks later

Hi Everyone, expecting twins in September but again might come out August. Anyone has undergone the fetal anomaly tests. How does it cost? is it more expensive for twins? Thanks in advance.
hi! yup! I've done 2 fa scans ..one at tmc and one at nuh..I think I prefer the scan at tcm--more detailed pictures tmc costs-$195.80 whereby nuh costs-$898.80 for a package (which includes all the scans and consultations for week 22 and above)

Hi wvin, I'm expecting identical twins too. 2 water bags but 1 placenta. Now at week 30. I had a bit of ttts scare at 25 weeks because the weight difference between the two was about 15%. The drs kept telling me to monitor closely but couldn't tell me for sure if I had ttts which was quite frustrating. Hence decided to get a second opinion and went for a super detailed scan with dr ananda at Camden medical. Dr ananda was very detailed. He explained to me what he was looking out for in the scans that indicates to ttts (e.g. Amniotic fluid amt, blood flow from the placenta to the babies, blood flow from the babies' heart to their various organs). In the end he said I had no indication of ttts at all and the weight difference was due to their leg length difference (one is taller than the other). He even provided reccomemdation for my dr on when to schedule future scans. Was very relived. Now week 30 everything going ok.

May I know how you were diagnosed with ttts? Would it help to get a second opinion? Dr ananda seemed to have handled quite a few ttts cases based on our chit chat with him. He might be able to give some advice on how to handle such cases.

Has anyone taken steroid jabs for babies lung development? I read that gyne usually give the jabs to mummies expecting twins around week 28 or a bit later but my gyne say if no sign of preterm labour, don't need the jab yet. Maybe I kaisu but a bit worried about not getting the jab, what if suddenly go into labour how?

Hi tango, sorry I don't know how to reply to you directly. I have been seeing docs at KKH and NUH. At week 16, my twins were diagnosed with ttts. I am going for the laser procedure very soon. Would like to find out from fellow mtb their experience with this procedure.

Hi tango, sorry I don't know how to reply to you directly. I have been seeing docs at KKH and NUH. At week 16, my twins were diagnosed with ttts. I am going for the laser procedure very soon. Would like to find out from fellow mtb their experience with this procedure.

I see. All the best for your procedure. Jia you!

hi! yup! I've done 2 fa scans ..one at tmc and one at nuh..I think I prefer the scan at tcm--more detailed pictures tmc costs-$195.80 whereby nuh costs-$898.80 for a package (which includes all the scans and consultations for week 22 and above)
Thanks lambi, :)

any ladies went for other tests, other than NT test during w12 - w14?
Gynae only recommends NT, saying other tests not accurate for twin

any ladies went for other tests, other than NT test during w12 - w14?
Gynae only recommends NT, saying other tests not accurate for twin
for me I only did nt/oscars..I heard there r others rather comprehensive tests like panorama/harmony tests but I didn't do as I feel nt/Oscars enough for me..

hi, for twins my gynae told me that they are actually 2 different individuals..so a week or 2 behind in size should be ok..for me in my early trimester i didn't see much difference as in week 7 both were 12mm and 10mm respectively, at week 11 was 59.1mm and 58.9mm. But then came 2nd trimester when bbs hv grown and not much space in womb, both hv much more difference that was when I asked him when scans showed my t1 is bigger than t2 by 1 week+ kinda..but gynae still adopt that wait and see attitude and gave me asprin to take to thin blood so more blood flow can reach bbs.

When is your next appt? You can try asking your gynae to give you that as it helps in a way..and meanwhile eat well, rest well and don't walk too much around..oh..and think positive ok gal..

more info: http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Wow Lambi, your Week 11 measurement is impressive! my week10 was 35mm and 37mm respectively.

for me I only did nt/oscars..I heard there r others rather comprehensive tests like panorama/harmony tests but I didn't do as I feel nt/Oscars enough for me..

my gynae is asking me to go Nt first and when i asked abt harmony, she mentioned that it is not suitable for twins as the hormones are all mixed up for the mother as carrying 2. did not ask abt panorama though.

Has anyone taken steroid jabs for babies lung development? I read that gyne usually give the jabs to mummies expecting twins around week 28 or a bit later but my gyne say if no sign of preterm labour, don't need the jab yet. Maybe I kaisu but a bit worried about not getting the jab, what if suddenly go into labour how?
hi..my case dun hv ttts but I think an impending IUGR is more likely in my case as though not identical and not sharing placenta they are like 1week + difference in size ..I understand totally abt being kiasu too as being kiasu is better than letting bbs go into nicu right? will also ask my gynae next week abt the jab..

just to share-yesterday I went for 3d/4d scan! They say for twins difficult to scan good view..true enough can only managed to see one precious..now I kept looking at the photo lol

just to share-yesterday I went for 3d/4d scan! They say for twins difficult to scan good view..true enough can only managed to see one precious..now I kept looking at the photo lol
what week are you in now? Growth Spurt for twin is not good for mommy! too heavy to move about!
so happy for you to see 3d/4d scan. still waiting for my turn to have it.

what week are you in now? Growth Spurt for twin is not good for mommy! too heavy to move about!
so happy for you to see 3d/4d scan. still waiting for my turn to have it.
im 27w+1day, almost ending my 2nd tri now... thinking back..yup..i needed to wear maternity clothes earlier..but thankfully up till now I gained only 7kg(knock on wood) hehe:p which week r u now?

my gynae is asking me to go Nt first and when i asked abt harmony, she mentioned that it is not suitable for twins as the hormones are all mixed up for the mother as carrying 2. did not ask abt panorama though.
oic ..but after nt, there is another FA scan at ard week 20-22 (or sometimes there) my suggestion is take nt/Oscars then dun stress abt it if u r not above 40 and no family history of downs..but I also understand to hv a peace of mind..then discuss with ur hb and just go for further tests like genetic scan at Camden medical..but for twins I heard the genetic scan is ex!

im 27w+1day, almost ending my 2nd tri now... thinking back..yup..i needed to wear maternity clothes earlier..but thankfully up till now I gained only 7kg(knock on wood) hehe:p which week r u now?
week 11 now. feels so happy reading your replies for no reason! your huge babies are making me so happy! haha

oic ..but after nt, there is another FA scan at ard week 20-22 (or sometimes there) my suggestion is take nt/Oscars then dun stress abt it if u r not above 40 and no family history of downs..but I also understand to hv a peace of mind..then discuss with ur hb and just go for further tests like genetic scan at Camden medical..but for twins I heard the genetic scan is ex!
did you go for the genetic scan?

Back