(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

You got it right.. my weight maintained the same as a mth ago but bb's increased by 600-700gr at healthy range. my glucose reading post 2hrs is hovering ard 7.0-8.x, still higher than upper limit of 6.6. Soo confused... So i just try my best now..

Ah.. I see. Whenever I get stressed, emotional or after exercising, my levels shoot up. Perhaps can look out for that too. Hope you find out the cause soon :)

I read that it's better to sleep in the left side. Anyway i have problem sleeping on my right side now cos I'm experiencing pain on my right ribs all the way to the back. So it hurts when I pressed on that side.

Wah 3.5hrs how to last whole day at work?
Everyone tolerance level different, therefore body feels the contraction differently. When i was induced, i already had contractions cos dilate 3cm but i didnt know, still slp thru the night till morning took 2nd pill den felt the ultimate cramps. I tot my threshold very high, end up 5cm dilate i buey tahan get epidural....haha.
Some ppl say can feel the tummy hardening, while some is the whole tummy n back aching like crazy. As long anything not right better check urself in hosp and get diagnose...never know when bb is ready to meet the world. :)
How does contraction feels? Stomach will harden but not necessary painful? My colleague was sharing with me that when the gynae told her that she is experiencing contraction when she dun feel a thing at all:eek:

Currently am at 34 weeks and ytd night was the most torturing experience.. i tossed and turned for 3hrs with infinity sleeping positions... ended up only managed to fall sleep due to over tiredness but I guess I still did not managed to find a good position to sleep.. 3.5hours of sleep and have to prepare for work already.. shagged :confused:

Your stomach will harden. That is contraction. But like what the rest says, diff people can tahan the pain differently. I can take pain quite well so i monitor by timing how long my tummy remains hard.

At week 32 , 2 hours my stomach keep hardening and softening with an interval of abt 3 to 5 mins but no pain. So i thought it was braxton hicks.
When i checked in, they comfirmed it as real contractions and i was kinda shocked.
There are times when it hit the hardest and i rate the pain level 9 to 10.

Your stomach will harden. That is contraction. But like what the rest says, diff people can tahan the pain differently. I can take pain quite well so i monitor by timing how long my tummy remains hard.

At week 32 , 2 hours my stomach keep hardening and softening with an interval of abt 3 to 5 mins but no pain. So i thought it was braxton hicks.
When i checked in, they comfirmed it as real contractions and i was kinda shocked.
There are times when it hit the hardest and i rate the pain level 9 to 10.

How are u now? Can go home or still in hospital?

How are u now? Can go home or still in hospital?

I got discharged with a note of "constipation case"

They told me "maybe what u are experiencing is constipation not contraction"

I told them
" i dont eat much. If i was to shit everyday, means my body absorb nth at all. And even before pregnancy, i shit every 3 or 4 days too and its normal."

They discharge me and gave me med for clearing bowels. This is.KKH.

I told them
" i dont eat much. If i was to shit everyday, means my body absorb nth at all. And even before pregnancy, i shit every 3 or 4 days too and its normal."

Concluded as constipation? Hehe quite interesting... how long were u hospitalised for?

hi there mummies who are having sleepless nights...me too having trouble sleeping..haiz..tired but cant seem to fall asleep..n i think i can feel a heartburn coming..bleargh!!!

hi there mummies who are having sleepless nights...me too having trouble sleeping..haiz..tired but cant seem to fall asleep..n i think i can feel a heartburn coming..bleargh!!!
Gosh same here.. i just ate a slice of bread.. now trying to sleep again... heartburn only if i eat too full.. sigh tml is long day at office.. :(

I told them

Oh dear!! Then you must monitor on your own and take good rest!

I told them

i got the same case as you. i got a shock n i din know i can go to Mt E emergency. i went to see a Gleneagles gynae. was told to buy the medicine to clear bowels my self. and cost me 600 bucks just like that.

congrats newbiemum80!

Recently I've been feeling more frequent braxton hicks - i'm week 31 now. I am also feeling alot thirstier and tired. Wonder if it's a symptom of GD...
I'm at Week 35 and i haven't felt Braxton Hicks lo.... Dunno how it feels like... But the tummy seems lower and much heavier now...

Have any of u feel like just wanna sleep the whole day? I've been feeling like that since late last week. And boy, sleep I did! Esp during the day. Sometimes I feel bad lah, since staying with PILs. But there's nothing much to be done and I'll end up in the room and sleep.... wake up to shower, pee and eat only...
I wish i can sleep whole day... I have difficulty waking up for work nowadays... Still planning when to start taking maternity leave...

I told them

What! How come they can confuse constipation with contraction, didn't they strap a machine to measure contraction to make sure if it is real or otherwise. But good thing u finally get discharged. Take care @mommymich!

I'm at Week 35 and i haven't felt Braxton Hicks lo.... Dunno how it feels like... But the tummy seems lower and much heavier now...
Hi QuietBell, BH is more irregular and sometimes u may not even feel the false contraction that much. Just very mild tightening. if it's real contractions, the interval between each is shorter, usually 3-5 mins and slightly painful and can get worse. Some symptoms of getting real contractions is ur uterus feels hardened and baby move downwards. Whenever u feel a contraction, BB will move as well as the contraction causes BB to move as what I was told by the nurse.

Just came back from tmc. Guess what

After 6 days at kkh
Kkh says im 2cm dilated. 2 or 3 docs used their fingers to check

Today i went to dr tham
He used the machine and his fingers to check
Im not even dilated.

Kkh scan shows im 1.85kg.
Tmc shows 1.6kg to 1.7kg

After 6 days at kkh

Today i went to dr tham
Im not even dilated.

Tmc shows 1.6kg to 1.7kg
Better stick to ur own gynae that u feel most comfortable with. I guess coz when u r warded, the docs on duty are MOs? When I was warded, it was also 2 male MOs checking on me. Totally unpleasant when they checked for dilation.

After 6 days at kkh

Today i went to dr tham
Im not even dilated.

Tmc shows 1.6kg to 1.7kg
not dilated is good i guess, so your bb has more time to incubate and grow :) any contractions detected?
The weight is just an estimate, since both places use different machines to calculate, and even the gynae can remeasure and get something different... both numbers are considered close enough :)

I also think either I haven't felt BH, or don't know how they feel like so I don't know even when i'm feeling it!! >.< @ Week 36 today...

Better stick to ur own gynae that u feel most comfortable with. I guess coz when u r warded, the docs on duty are MOs? When I was warded, it was also 2 male MOs checking on me. Totally unpleasant when they checked for dilation.
not dilated is good i guess, so your bb has more time to incubate and grow :) any contractions detected?
The weight is just an estimate, since both places use different machines to calculate, and even the gynae can remeasure and get something different... both numbers are considered close enough :)

Yea im sticking back to tmc where i feel more comfortable with my own gynae.
Today didnt detect for any contractions but i do feel it on and off.
Im so tired from being in th hospital for 6 days then i cant be bothered with anything anymore

Hey all!!

Thank you for all the wishes!
Am back home alrdy. Just discharged just now at noon. So far all so good. Baby is doing well. No jaundice so far!
Latching well. Yey!
Breast start to swell! Boo!

Still a lil tired and overwhelmed with everything. But nuthing beats your own bed. the bed never felt sooo comfortable!

And yeah. .. I still cant get over how they check for dilation.. can still feel it. Hahha...

After 6 days at kkh

Today i went to dr tham
Im not even dilated.

Tmc shows 1.6kg to 1.7kg

Glad tat ur not even dilated! Anw, both my kids dr tham check was 3.5kg, but wen deliver only 3.1kg.. So dont worry bout the weight! Most important is like what other mummies say, baby safe and sound to incubate longer! Hooray!

I'm now 30w6d. Baby is weighing at 1.725kg.
His head down is pressing against my placenta, which imply i may have to consider c-sect if placenta doesnt move away from the birth canal.

Still 2 more months to go....hopefully a miracle will happen.....

Last edited:
His head down is pressing against my placenta, which imply i may have to consider c-sect if placenta doesnt move away from the birth canal.

Still 2 more months to go....hopefully a miracle.....
All the best to u n BB! Ur bb is of a gd weight :)

Still 2 more months to go....hopefully a miracle will happen.....

Oh my, hopefully ur bb will move slight to allow ur placenta not to block his way out.. 2mths sure have gd news by then :) talk to him more, sayang him...

I felt abit of hardening ytd. Quite stiff but not so painful. Wondering if that was BH. Hmm..

How do they check dilation? Using finger and probe in??

Strive 2 more weeks and will be the start of long leave... suddenly the time seems near.. will i miss work when i'm stucked at home with nowhere to go.. hmmm..o_O hope baby won't come out late else I will have to relax for more than 1month;)

Hi all... I'm new here.. heeee.... my edd is on 08 May. My 3rd baby and its a 15 year gap from my 2nd child. Lost touch on the baby phase and was amazed by so many new baby stuffs...:eek:

I felt abit of hardening ytd. Quite stiff but not so painful. Wondering if that was BH. Hmm..

How do they check dilation? Using finger and probe in??

Yup. Use finger. I hated dilation checks too but surprisingly, last week when my gynae checked for me, there wasnt any discomfort. Guess it depends on the skills of the person checking.

Going for my checkup again later. Don't know if he will check dilation again.

This week i can feel my lower tummy abit pain like wan come period

I wondering is pelvis stetching due to bb pushing or is Braxton

But hope is not contraction

Now 32w 3d

Back