IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi hopeful13, may I ask why is your 3rd cycle the last? Is it because of cofunding? Or any other reasons?

Hi sonique, yes you are right. I am using the co-funding as a way to tell myself when to stop. My husband is not young anymore (late 40s) and I am in mid 30s. Gotta stop trying at some point in time. If husband is younger, probably I will still try a few more rounds.

Another reason is, I am not sure if the jabs are giving me problem. Prior to 2nd ivf, I found out I had numerous breast lumps & doc say the jabs may or may not cause these problem. But my latest scan showed an increase in lumps and so I am now on close monitoring by my breast doc.

But ivf may not be the cause since there are numerous reason for breast lumps & the dreaded cancer. However, I will still advise all ladies to regularly self examine your breasts. And my breast doc told me dun let the lumps stop me from doing what I want. She use taking airplane as an analogy. When an airplane crashed, it does not mean that you should stop flying altogether. Life still goes on.

But for me this will be my last fresh and use up my frozen embryo. Whatever happens after that I will just accept it as it is. :)

Hi sonique, yes you are right. I am using the co-funding as a way to tell myself when to stop. My husband is not young anymore (late 40s) and I am in mid 30s. Gotta stop trying at some point in time. If husband is younger, probably I will still try a few more rounds.

Another reason is, I am not sure if the jabs are giving me problem. Prior to 2nd ivf, I found out I had numerous breast lumps & doc say the jabs may or may not cause these problem. But my latest scan showed an increase in lumps and so I am now on close monitoring by my breast doc.

But ivf may not be the cause since there are numerous reason for breast lumps & the dreaded cancer. However, I will still advise all ladies to regularly self examine your breasts. And my breast doc told me dun let the lumps stop me from doing what I want. She use taking airplane as an analogy. When an airplane crashed, it does not mean that you should stop flying altogether. Life still goes on.

But for me this will be my last fresh and use up my frozen embryo. Whatever happens after that I will just accept it as it is. :)
That's the right attitude. May you get all the luck in this cycle.

Can anyone advise on natural fet? Need to know how long it take once menses reported and roughly how many visits for scanning, thanks!

Anyone cycled under dr Loh? Is he good?

How is the scan timing like? And the approx no of scans during stim?
How closely does he follow on follicle growth? For KKH, scan is 8 days later after stim...

Are the scans done at the O&G clinic?

I am thinking of cycling with him for my 4th cycle...

Hi Lititia, I can't remember what is my AMH. But it was in the normal range but the first doc I see for ivf said my ovaries are slightly smaller than normal and hence I have lesser eggs. And she said sometimes there are discrepancies with AMH result vs the scan. First ivf, I extracted 5 follicles but ended with no embryos to transfer. 2nd ivf had 16 follicles but only 6 are mature & out of these only 1 embryo. For those that are not mature, they managed to grow them in lab and got 2 embryos.

Were u on long or short protocol in the latest cycle?

I was on short. Now on 2ww.

Anyone cycled under dr Loh? Is he good?

How is the scan timing like? And the approx no of scans during stim?
How closely does he follow on follicle growth? For KKH, scan is 8 days later after stim...

Are the scans done at the O&G clinic?

I am thinking of cycling with him for my 4th cycle...
I was with sf loh for my IUI. He does the scans himself, followed by consultations. Even for IUI, he scans regularly. My gf who did ivf under him said so too. He's known to hv miracle hands that success rate is high. I had one successful iui under him but mc later.
That said, the waiting time is long each visit, if not longer than kkh. But you can almost commence procedure immediately after tests are cleared.

I was with sf loh for my IUI. He does the scans himself, followed by consultations. Even for IUI, he scans regularly. My gf who did ivf under him said so too. He's known to hv miracle hands that success rate is high. I had one successful iui under him but mc later.
That said, the waiting time is long each visit, if not longer than kkh. But you can almost commence procedure immediately after tests are cleared.
Thanks. He does scans in the morning I assume? Approx how long the wait?

Dr Loh is at thomson fertility centre at novena medical centre in the mornings. At his own O&G clinic at thomson medical centre after lunch. The consult and scans r cheaper at O&G but the queue is mad. There is a wait at TFC but definitely not as long as more comfy than O&G.

For a fresh, 1st scan is cd2 for baseline (or cd20/cd21 if long protocol). Then usually every 3 days.

Cost is comparable to clinics like SGH or NUH except no co-funding of coz. I was on maximum 600iu last yr total cost abt $16k (including ER, ET, stims, frozen storage, scans, all the way to wk8). When i was on 300iu in 2011 total cost at TFC abt $13k. The cost didnt increase much these last 3 yrs after dr loh took over tfc.

Is he good? He's a patient doctor and willing to experiment & explore options. But remember he's only 1 part - lab expertise, your own body, hubby's Sperm, egg quality also plays a part. So go to him if you feel comfortable with his style and his dedication.

Some can't get along w his style. We get along fine and always hc a good chat but i am a long term ivfer so perhaps i am more relaxed during consults.

Main thing you and hubby must be comfortable with him and his recommedations.

Good luck.

Dr Loh is at thomson fertility centre at novena medical centre in the mornings. At his own O&G clinic at thomson medical centre after lunch. The consult and scans r cheaper at O&G but the queue is mad. There is a wait at TFC but definitely not as long as more comfy than O&G.

For a fresh, 1st scan is cd2 for baseline (or cd20/cd21 if long protocol). Then usually every 3 days.

Cost is comparable to clinics like SGH or NUH except no co-funding of coz. I was on maximum 600iu last yr total cost abt $16k (including ER, ET, stims, frozen storage, scans, all the way to wk8). When i was on 300iu in 2011 total cost at TFC abt $13k. The cost didnt increase much these last 3 yrs after dr loh took over tfc.

Is he good? He's a patient doctor and willing to experiment & explore options. But remember he's only 1 part - lab expertise, your own body, hubby's Sperm, egg quality also plays a part. So go to him if you feel comfortable with his style and his dedication.

Some can't get along w his style. We get along fine and always hc a good chat but i am a long term ivfer so perhaps i am more relaxed during consults.

Main thing you and hubby must be comfortable with him and his recommedations.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply! the cost above given is based on TFC? How much more cheaper is O&G? Any idea?

O&G is his own clinic so he charge cheaper for his patient. Meaning stim n support med are cheaper. Scan also cheaper in his clinic. He is a good dr.

If U are first time ivf better to go Tfc as the nurse there have more time to explain to you. At his clini everything is done at the counter with interruption.

Last edited:
O&G is his own clinic so he charge cheaper for his patient. Meaning stim n support med are cheaper. Scan also cheaper in his clinic. He is a good dr.

If U are first time ivf better to go Tfc as the nurse there have more time to explain to you. At his clini everything is done at the counter with interruption.
Thanks jumbo girl. I'm gg for my 4th cycle.

I'm starting my ivf in June after 3 failed iui. Can anyone advise me what to expect or what will be the procedure for ivf?

Jus wan a share of thoughts... How many ppl here are doing Ivf because of both male and female factor?

I am. And jus because we jus failed our 3rd fresh, my relationship with DH became tense... He is upset on his problem and I was depressed with mine.... DH has no faith at all on our next cycle though he is still willing to give it a try.... I'm feeling upset cos I can't get the emotional support from him. When I feel sad and cry, he ignored me jus becos he don't feel like talking.

I feel terrible...

Jus wan a share of thoughts... How many ppl here are doing Ivf because of both male and female factor?

I am. And jus because we jus failed our 3rd fresh, my relationship with DH became tense... He is upset on his problem and I was depressed with mine.... DH has no faith at all on our next cycle though he is still willing to give it a try.... I'm feeling upset cos I can't get the emotional support from him. When I feel sad and cry, he ignored me jus becos he don't feel like talking.

I feel terrible...
tsf, ivf places alot of stress on a couple's r/s so it is normal to feel that way.. so it is critical to communicate n not move further apart.. like u, i believe he also needs e emo support.. just tt guys always doesn't show it like us n want support in different ways like showering him with care, while u wana talk things out.. maybe offer him support n in e same time let him know u need his too by wanting to talk to him~

if both work n finances allows, maybe consider making time for a short get-away to rejunvenate both of u b4 embarking again? hubby n wife needs to support each other on this toughjourney of ivf..

Hello Celeste ...
I read all past forum n mention positive comment on Ban Choon Chan.
My friend hear about him n recommend to me.

Visited him n observe many patients went for preg concern issue n problem.
Prepare for long q on weekend .
Diff medi for diff condition . I pay 60 for 2 Chinese dosage to brew at home.
I not sure d pricing for other TCM in sgp.

For myself , I stop when ivf program start.
Stop taking ice cold drink . Cut down on cold food n fruit . Leave it to thaw .
Eat healthy stay strong . Don't fall sick .
Stressful emotional , physical n financial to proceed an ivf.

I feel terrible...

Tsf I supposed when we are depressed n obsess with this TTC, our DH feels it n add on his stress. Man has his ego so he feels bad about his sperm quality n the fact that U have to suffer n go through this route. It's emotionally draining for both parties. I have learn to instead of complaining m whining to him on my cycle n my feelings, I make TTC frens whom I felt can understand me more. Is not easy dealing with our emotion n we have to walk out of it ourselves. I find that having a backup plan works better for me cos I know if I fail I have something to fall back on.
U are not alone in this journey. I failed 4 IUI, 5 fresh, 4 FET n recently preg but mc. I am not giving up. U can do it too. We woman have very strong will power to overcome everything. So stay strong for yourself n your hb.
My dr tells me in life there are always risk to take n to hope for right.

I forgot to add...there is a reason why people say man are from Mars n women are from Venus. We think differently. We like to talk about things cry n find solutions. Man avoid tackling topic that are too complicated n they just shut off from it all. So it's not because he don't care maybe he is too afraid u will breakdown if another failure. He actually cares for u.

I feel u all gals. I just Failed my 5th fresh cycle last wk. In my 2.5yrs of ivf journey, 3 iui, 5 fresh cycles, no implantation at all. For my case, doctors already certified tat we hv zero chance to try naturally cos of male factor. Out of all my fresh cycles, the most I had was 3 embryos while my last cycle I had only one embryo for et. Most of my embryos are fragmented and hence, i guess my eggs sucks too. I tried almost everything like any of you, seeing friends around me preggy, makes me wonder, 'WHY ME'?

I cried buckets for at least 3 days for my first 2 bfn cycles. Subsequently, i recovered faster. My last bfn, i cried for 5 hrs. I can only share that trying more cycles Will make us mentally stronger, and if we cannot accept failure again, no point trying cos you will get hurt even more if results are negative again.

IVF is really a game on number, luck & support. Other then support from dh & family members, try to make friends with ttc gals cos only people like us will understand each other. In my ivf journey, although I did not hv any bfp before, I'm glad tat I have known some close ttc friends. Without them, I would not have survive through my last 3 bfn cycles.

Remember, there are other options of having our child, eg egg donor and adoption. Me & dh have chosen to adopt and stop trying cos we are like throwing money into e drain and I'm 39 yrs old le. It's time to move on. Do have alternative plans if you decide on trying another fresh cycle, cos by having alternate plans, we can then move on...

Hello Celeste ...
I read all past forum n mention positive comment on Ban Choon Chan.
My friend hear about him n recommend to me.

Visited him n observe many patients went for preg concern issue n problem.
Prepare for long q on weekend .
Diff medi for diff condition . I pay 60 for 2 Chinese dosage to brew at home.
I not sure d pricing for other TCM in sgp.

For myself , I stop when ivf program start.
Stop taking ice cold drink . Cut down on cold food n fruit . Leave it to thaw .
Eat healthy stay strong . Don't fall sick .
Stressful emotional , physical n financial to proceed an ivf.

Thank you Ade! I just started my medicated cycle, I guess I'm abit too late for TCM?

I feel terrible...
be strong tsf0205...

like what dreambear said , sometimes we have to make alternate plans . I am now finding out more about doing ivf overseas to increase my chances . old liao, most of the embryos they get out of me are probably with chromosomal abnormalities ..cannot afford to keep transferg bad embryos and suffer failures like no implantation or miscarriage. so i will find out mre and do a cycle overseas by end of this year. qte a few countries allow chromosome testings like PGS . even though i may end up with no embryos to transfer, i feel it is stil much better than wasting time and effort and keep gambling .time is not on my side

I'm starting my ivf in June after 3 failed iui. Can anyone advise me what to expect or what will be the procedure for ivf?
Hi wiel,
Jus a short sharing, I on short protocol .(2wks)
Jab 2x daily . Morning n nite.
Scanning btw every 3-4 days to review on follicles n uterus lining .
Trigger jab 36 yrs hrs before embryo retrieve .
No food n drink 12 hrs before egg retrieving , On sedation during produce so no pain was feel... Sleep soundly for 2 hrs :)
Day 2 , hospital embryologist will call to update .. Number egg retrieve n fertilize .. On standby for embryo transfer btw day 3-5.
Full bladder for embryo transfer ... Rest well n count down 2 wks .
Blood test in morning ... Either celebrate or depress with result .

Discuss wif yr doctor to understand your protocol , success rate n bill incurred.
Stay positive and discuss with yr husband .
If u working.. Schedule not to fly during ivf

I forgot to add...there is a reason why people say man are from Mars n women are from Venus. We think differently. We like to talk about things cry n find solutions. Man avoid tackling topic that are too complicated n they just shut off from it all. So it's not because he don't care maybe he is too afraid u will breakdown if another failure. He actually cares for u.
I hope what u say is correct... Probably can't accept this ego and shutting down. To me, it's more of avoiding the problem rather than facing it and have the courage and faith to try again... I was upset for days myself but am slowly overcoming it... I admire ur determination in trying for a child and what's good is tat ur husband is supportive.

I hope what u say is correct... Probably can't accept this ego and shutting down. To me, it's more of avoiding the problem rather than facing it and have the courage and faith to try again... I was upset for days myself but am slowly overcoming it... I admire ur determination in trying for a child and what's good is tat ur husband is supportive.

My hb once said to me if u are going to be so depressed everytime fail then maybe we should not try for bb. I suppose he is upset seeing me upset as well. N I am always the one pushing for another cycle. The fact that he is willing to do another cycle with U shows that he is still supportive. Probably man don't handle failure as well as woman.

My hb once said to me if u are going to be so depressed everytime fail then maybe we should not try for bb. I suppose he is upset seeing me upset as well. N I am always the one pushing for another cycle. The fact that he is willing to do another cycle with U shows that he is still supportive. Probably man don't handle failure as well as woman.
I guess my husband has the same thoughts. Are u gg to try for another cycle?

Tsf, agree with many ladies advice above so I won't repeat. I think the holiday is a good idea, maybe try to take time off to enjoy tgt before trying again. Ivf is really draining after many failures and probably he feels helpless himself on how to further proceed or improve ur marriage

I agree abt the holiday..
When I failed 1st fresh, I was so depressed I couldn't do anything. Then decided to fly off to korea immediately (last min air tickets were super cheap!)
Went there to eat (everything! No more ttc diet restriction!), shop, enjoy snow & amazing scenery (esp Nami Island!)... We came back happy & refreshed, feeling that it was our best trip ever!

Hi All, i am a newbie here. just wanna share my thoughts and any advices would be appreciated. Have been trying for about 7-8 months. I have minor PCOS, With medication of letrozole monthly... Gone through all the checks on the Fallopian tubes, sperm count etc. HB and I are really eager to expect one soon. After so many months of fail, we are looking out to do IUI. Is this recommended ? and how much does it cost ?

Back