Need to help, which brand milk powder is the best for infant?

luckybaby

I am a new mum, just gave birth 2 weeks, but my breast don't have enough milk to feed my baby, so have to buy milk powder. anyone knows which brand milk powder is the best for infant, Thanks a lot
btw, anyone knows how to make breast milk more and more...

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/905777.html?1193798144

HTHs.
happy.gif

Hi, do you or your hubby have allergies? My paed recommended me NAN 1 HA which is a hypoallergenic formula for babies prone to allergies or ezcema. It isn't cheap but you can try it. I also have a brand new unopened tin to sell if you're interested, at a much cheaper price. email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Hi LOVE, if you compare between the different FM for infant in the market, you'll realised that Enfalac A+ and Similac seems to have the most vitamins/minerals... they are sort of considered high-end FM. Whereas Nestle NAN is closest to breast milk in terms of taste and texture.

There is no best FM, it really depends on which FM suits your baby, i.e. no constipation, diarhoea, vomitting etc

For my baby, we tried Enfalac A+ and he became constipated (cannot poo for 3.5days), so we switched to Nestle NAN 1. Also we mix Nestle NAN with Friso Comfort (which contains fibre) recommended by PD to help with vomitting, colicky & constipated infants.

Hi hi

yes i agree, there is no best formula. Different babies react differently to formula, this formula suits that baby but may not suit yours. What formula your baby is taking at the hospital,it's good to follow if your baby is ok with e formula at the hospital.

NanHA is good for babies with constipation. (as recommended by PD and GP) My baby switch to NanHA when she has constipation. After some time when she is ok, i switch her back to normal NAN.

Hey, just to share... we recently switch to Friso 1 Gold, and my baby is able to poo every day if not alternate day, without needing Friso Comfort.

My baby is drinking NAN 1 HA which I find its quite good. Althought NAN HA which is a hypoallergenic formula for babies prone to allergies or ezcema but PD said that it can be a prevention cos you never know if they are prone or not. My 2 cents worth of thought. :)

err.. I think, there's no milk which comes close to BreastMilk. Nestle Nan, as one of mummies here claims "...is closest to breast milk in terms of taste and texture". Breastmilk content and taste differs at every feed and at every bb's devt. Unique and no way, research or studies can duplicate this Natural gift. =)
Just choose the best FM if you can't BF. You'll still be a great mummy.

I think we are not saying that Nestle NAN IS breastmilk but in terms of the composition of content, a gynae who is a university lecturer, mentioned that according to his research, Nestle Nan has contents closest to it. Here, closest doesnt mean it is, it just means that it is closest. It is definitely not BM.

Who doesnt know that BM is good but honestly, in my humble opinion, there is just too much pressure on mums to provide BM because everyone says its best. What about babies who are already on BM but they fall sick more than babies who are on FM? If BM is really BEST then why do they still fall sick? I mean, everyone makes BM sound like a miracle drug, its like if we dont give it to our kids, they suffer so much. Sorry for being rude but I think there are many scholars I know who were not breastfed and they excelled in their studies. There are also many kids I know who were breast-fed and not all of them are good in studies.

SOrry for my outburst. It is not that I am against BM or BF-ing but I just feel for the mummies who really cannot support BF-ing due to health reasons or post natal depression. I am one of the them actually and I am really disgusted and discouraged by the dirty looks I get when I tell some mummies that I could not bf more than 2 months because of PND. I think BF-ing is a personal choice and should the mother choose not to bf, there should be no reason why she should answer for her actions to anyone.

Once again, apologies for hogging the thread. I hope I scraped some pressure off mums who cant bf.

Any mummies tried Similac follow on formula? Does it cause constipation?

Some recommend Mamil Gold as it has probiotics. So which one has the most nutrients and won't cause constipation? I know, tall order, hoping some experts here can advise me. ;-)

My child takes Friso 1. It used to be good, until recently they change to the gold cap and claims to be of an improved formula. I think its too "thick" or something. It result in vomitting and constipation for my child.

Now, I will mix Friso Comfort with Friso 1. At least he stops vomitting and no more constipation.

I am also using Friso gold...it works but sometime different baby suits different brand. You have to try and see. If does not cause constipation and poo is normal, then should be suitable for your baby.

My baby was born borderline premature and a little on the underweight side. The pediatrician recommended Similac and we've been on that, since. Although I breastfed for the first 7 mths, we supplemented with Similac cos it's so convenient and I didn't wanna go through the trauma of trying to increase the milk supply.

That arrangement works just nice. My baby is now 10mths and we're still on Similac. We also found a cheap(er) supplier so that works just fine.

Oh, btw, when i read up on FM, I realised that it's quoted by docs and pds that Similac is one of the FM that is known to give babies soft poo!

Hi frogprincess,

If you happen to see this msg, can you please let know know the supplier details that you used to get the similac FM from them at a cheaper price.. My BB currently is on similac stage 1 and I wish to know the supplier details ASAP. thanks..

Recently, my kid is facing a serious constipation. OMG!!!!:( I so worried!!! GOSHHHHHHHH!!! I have asked around, some people advised me to change my formula powder and some of my friends just suggested to eat and drink more fiber. But, it seems that the problem still the same. Mothers, any good recomendation of formula?

How many days nv poo? And how old is ur baby? Best to see a doc...
Previously my girl at 6mths old, 10days nv poo on full bm, end up doc say is normal up to 7days. But for formula milk i think best not to wait too long.

Recently, my kid is facing a serious constipation. OMG!!!!:( I so worried!!! GOSHHHHHHHH!!! I have asked around, some people advised me to change my formula powder and some of my friends just suggested to eat and drink more fiber. But, it seems that the problem still the same. Mothers, any good recomendation of formula?

I totally agree with u, it's rather frustrating to solve their constipation problems. Worst is because they're our LO! I think u can try feeding ur LO with prunes. It works for me, so i think for ur LO shud be okay la..

Many traditional remedies is not proven… better seek for trustable remedies to test out on your child.. i've tried once and ended up my son was admitted into the hospital. Now i only seek advise fr doctor.

My DD was having the same issue as you. So, I have asked around and they recommend me to switch to Mamil. Suprisingly, it really works. As the formula does not contains any sugar and have the highest DHA. =) Give it a try, you will see the differences within a week. As their ingredient could help to prevent constipation.

How many days nv poo? And how old is ur baby? Best to see a doc...
Previously my girl at 6mths old, 10days nv poo on full bm, end up doc say is normal up to 7days. But for formula milk i think best not to wait too long.

I think roughly a week. I have this thought to seek for doctor advise. Thanks ya.

If you finally decided to use formula milk, you should take consideration of your baby's need. You need to check first if your bay has sensitive stomach or can cope to any kind of milk. Most babies are sensitive that is why pediatricians recommended breastmilk to avoid any allergies as well as it can adopt to your baby's tummy. But if you search the internet, you will find out especially on this site https://organicbaby.la/, that there are different brands of organic formula milk which has 100% satisfaction from its customers. It only shows that their products can all be trusted and is of high quality.

Back