Need help in choosing baby carrier , stroller

I'm currently using Quinny Zapp xtra stroller. It is compatible with maxi-cosi infant car seat (can use up to approx 1 year old) so there's no need for additional car seat until your baby outgrows. You will need to get the stroller seat though as when your baby grows, he/she will feel more comfortable in a stroller seat than a car seat (even though he/she still fits in).

I'm still searching for baby carrier, but am quite interested in Ergo baby carrier. It's not easily available in the shops and I only managed to see it at Baby Hypermart at Kaki Bukit. Was thinking too much and didn't get. When i wanted to get, they didn't have stocks of what I wanted... sigh...

But i wanted a stroller with reversible handle and for baby carrier i am considering ergo, beco and baby jorn. If you want to get ergo you can go to http://www.advanology.com.sg/index_files/ERGObaby.htm i found the link at other forums in motherhood and the user said that it include free delivery and will teach you how to use too. I myself find the price cheaper but not sure still searching~

Hi

To buy a stroller, it really depends on individual preference. U need to list down the features that u want. Eg. Weight, budget,stability, reversible, degree of recline, one-hand fold, etc.

For me, I've changed to various brands; frm Haenim to Combi Urban Walker to Maclaren XT to Graco Coccoon. All those hv been sold off.

As of now, I hv a Peg Perego Aria & a Baby Jogger City Select. I definitely love the Peg as it's lightweight but as I've 2 kids now, I'm using Baby Jogger as it's a double stroller + it can be converted to a single too. Just that it's heavy. I still hvnt find a perfect stroller, which I doubt there is :p

Apparently, reviews said that Peg Perego strollers are very stable. My Maclaren XT toppled behind cos of the bags being hung (though nt advised to hang bags but we need don't we?); whereas my Peg doesnt at all! I dislike Mac's way of folding as we need to bend down to fold it & it can't stand on it's own. There are also other factors but those are main issue..

As for carrier, I had a Combi Ninna Nanna but dislike it. I realised later on that eegonomics carriers are the best for the child. I'm using Beco & it's a life-saver for me when i go travelling
happy.gif
There are other brands too like Ergo, Boba, etc. I guess it depends on your budget & comfort too. Ergo is kinda bulky when i put it on; so yeah. It's out.

Hv fun trying them out!

this is a useful thread. I'm also trying to find out more. Ok Peg Perego is into my list of consideration.

I like baby bjorn carrier (the one with the backsupport) when i tried it at the recent baby expo fair.

some tips on carrier..

baby bjorn, more suitable for NB to 6mths old. as our bbs are getting more big size compare to the olden days due to milk powder. you will find yrself straining to carry yr little 1 at 6mths with baby bjorn. i had a synergy myself. based on experience.

ergo, infant to toddler age. it really depends on the parent size. the carrier itself is make for longer lasting regardless of age. weight is put on hip instead of shoulder hence less shoulder aching. parents who are slighter taller in build can consider this.

beco, smaller version of ergo. nicer in design. suitable for infant to early toddler age. the carrier is slightly smaller which is more suitable for small frame asian. same as ergo, weight is put on hip and less shoulder aching after long hrs of walking.

pognae carrier, similar to ergo but from korea. u get half the price off and having the same function. no big pockets as ergo but had a cover to open and reveal a netted cover for hot days. a similar head cover to shield bb head. same with weight resting on hips instead of shoulder.

Just bought Maclaren XLR today. Did not have the chance to try it on the road yet though but baby seems quite comfy lying in it. Was considering Combi, Gelite and Maclaren when testing out all the different stroller today but decided to get XLR as it feels more comfortable for baby and it is very spacey.

As for carrier i bought lascal m1 baby carrier as was quite desperate for one today. Wanted to get baby bjorn but the place did not sell. Baby manage to fell asleep in it so i hope its a good buy.

If you intend to get a pram to last from newborn till 5 years old (or for more kids to come), the height of the seat and the maximum weight must be taken into consideration.

Some prams are stylish/expensive but in the long run not very practical, especially if you're likely to be going out alone with bb/toddler with no help. Also boys tend to be more active and playful within stroller + some kids may want to be carried etc so must choose something that suits your mode of transport and physical strength!

We've gone through nearly 5 prams now (bought, used a while and then donated/sold off/thrown away) and we're very happy with the current The First Years Ignite stroller (suitable for 2 years onwards). Umbrella, decent basket, parent caddy and best thing of all, reclining, tallest seat and can take maximum of 50pounds! Was S$99 when we bought it at Robinsons and we're really regretting we didn't see this earlier!

Combi and the Graco citisport is excellent for newborn - 2 years 'cos of the lightness and self-standing feature.

The Maclaren XLR should be able to last u a long while
happy.gif
Have seen some parents use it for kids as old as 6.

Now a days many kind of baby strollers or baby prams are available in market but parents should be careful in choosing them because babies are delicate and they can easily get hurt.

Hi Domino and Pauleen,

You can check out the Ergo carrier at Paragon's First Few Years. They carry both Baby Bjorn and Ergo so you can try both and make a comparison.

Personally, I prefer Ergo as the baby weight is distributed ard the hip.

The First Years stroller is sometimes selling at only $99 at Robinsons. Great buy if you want umbrella stroller, a parent caddy and spacy basket. Suitable from 9 - 12 mths onwards 'cos reclining but not totally flat. Tall seat and can take up to 50pounds.

for baby carrier, you can consider manduca. it is a soft structured carrier that can be used from newborn to toddler age. the straps are comfortable and adjustable, so mom and dad can share the use of the carrier. worthwhile investment.
check out www.mamashoppe.com offers a wide range of different carriers, and there's an ongoing promotion.

Campella is cheap and good.
Should be selling at John Little,smaller one at slightly above $100.
I used 2 types of Campella - 1 bigger and the other smaller one.
The small one is real handy as it is light and durable.
We used it for 2boys and it's more than 4yrs and still in use.
Best thing is it can be folded into half after you closed it (it helps a lot when you need to fit it into limited space at car's boot.)
And you can hang a lot of things and it will not topple easily. Plus point is it can be closed easily, I can do it with 1 hand, and the wheels manoeuvre easily and hence you can push it effortlessly with 1hand.

Tried Maclaren small one and medium size and had given away small one.
Medium one in use now but very big setback of it is it topples easily and very difficult to close it especially if you bringing kid out alone.

the first years stroller sounds good & affordable pity it is only from a year onwards. I'm looking for infant onwards. Maybe settle for Combi as I did'nt hear any negative comments sofar?

For stroller, I am using Mothercare Spin, quite a good choice. Maxi-cosi for car seat, which can also put on the base of Mothercare Spin if you buy an adaptor.

For baby carrier, I am using Babyjourn Synergy, quite good.

Hi, if u r keen in baby carriers w good waist support n ventilation, u may wana checkout babygearz babykool G2i or G3. Comes w window mesh n feet stirrups (good for older toddlers). No problems so far.

Hello all fellow mummies. You should try visiting this website if you have difficulty making your stroller choices:

Stroller Reviews

they have good reviews on strollers. i bought my stokke xplory after reading the reviews. should go check it out.

Hi Domino

Just to share...incase it helps..

I was facing with a hard choice choosing between Ergo and Beco back then, But finally took on a BECO as my li'l gal loves to face outwards..

My husband, who carries her most of the time, swears by BECO and feels that it definately is the best thing we have bought for our baby so far...

Also, Beco is not as bulky as Ergo.

Next best investment.....MAXI COSI car seat.

HTH =)

Depends on what features that you're looking for. If you want to take your baby for a ride and do routine exercise at the same time, you might want to take a look at Baby Jogger FIT single Jogging stroller. It comes with fixed front wheel that's perfect to take up both smooth and uneven terrain along with protecting mounting bracket, safety straps, and brakes to secure your l.o. In case you want to know more about the reviews and feature details, here's the link: http://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/baby-jogger-fit-reviews/

Hi Jolene,

just wondering which beco model did you get? as i thought beco butterfly 2 only provide front and back carrier. i am also considering between beco and ergo and being able to face front is a important consideration point for me.

thanks in advance.

currently, i am aiming for a Peg Prego P3 compact classic stroller..just that not sure if i shd get the 2011 or 2012 version?

If you want to use the baby carrier for a newborn you definitely need to buy one which supports the babys thigh in order to prevent hip dysplasia.
I use a Manduca carrier and can totally recommend it! For strollers I can recommend the site www.prams.net they have an amazing collection.http://www.prams.net
Which stroller is suitable for you depends on how your circumstances are, for example if you are travelling a lot it is better to have a lightweight buggy. For newborns I would also recommend a pram with a reversible seat because especially when the baby is young it is important that it has eye contact with the parent.

Now a days many kind of baby strollers or baby prams are available in market but parents should be careful in choosing them because babies are delicate and they can easily get hurt.

I have two children, 4 months-old and 2 years-old and I decided to buy the graco tandem duo. It's easy to handle and it is a very affordable stroller. When someone decides which stroller to buy, than it would be nice to inform himself prior buying something which can easily end up as a failure. Things you shuld consider are the weight of the stroller, manueverability, storage room, etc. I found some useful information here. I hope that I could help

Last edited:

Back