Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I started ttc at 30. Went checkup & discovered male issue before started trying. Stubborn lor, tried & cried for 3 yrs before guai guai go ivf.. Was in serious denial.

Ya then ur very lucky that u got it! 17 is a very good number. I worry i can even get half that or not cuz I got high fsh level
I don't even know my fsh number. Prof just told me everything normal and ok! Haha! Think I very relaxed... but definitely want more than 1 child. Hoping for 3 actually!

I don't even know my fsh number. Prof just told me everything normal and ok! Haha! Think I very relaxed... but definitely want more than 1 child. Hoping for 3 actually!
Haha relax is good ah! Good attitude! Can share why u do ivf? Male factor also?

I miss breastfeeding! crazy I know! Haha!

@remembeRainbow how long after fresh cycle can I start FET? Can start immediately from next menses?
Ivf month: 1st fresh failed & AF
1st month: do nothing, let AF come naturally
2nd month: started Mercilon then AF
3rd month: started Progynova then FET
I could've started 2nd month if it was natural FET. But medicated FET takes an extra month.
Fresh is 19days HL from ER, FET is 16days HL from ET

I could've started 2nd month if it was natural FET. But medicated FET takes an extra month.
thanks @remembeRainbow !! I dont think I am doing medicated FET, maybe still need to wait 2 months. Aiyo, the process is so slow! Initially only wanted to do 2 iui, but Prof convinced me to do 3. One of the months he not around so I skipped, total wasted more than 4 months liao.

My last day of 2ww!!! At last! So tempted to get a hone pregnancy test kit!! Think I'll be at CHR at 8am tml waiting for them to open! But I think not that many cases of first time lucky right? Trying to moderate my own expectations too... Have been feeling slight cramps these 2 days. Haiz... Can be anything... My HL actually till this friday, will hv a few more days at home to adjust my feelings, positive or negative.
All the best for your bt tmr!

@lucasmum11 Yes! :) Jia you! Everything will be shun shun li li.
Ya then ur very lucky that u got it! 17 is a very good number. I worry i can even get half that or not cuz I got high fsh level
I almost had OHSS. But yes, it was first timer's luck. So I am blessing it to all sisters here.... :)

I miss breastfeeding! crazy I know! Haha!

@remembeRainbow how long after fresh cycle can I start FET? Can start immediately from next menses?
Me too!!! My baby refuses to latch now. I super like breastfeeding... it's just me and the baby... bonding time... although very tiring at times. I also miss being pregnant... :D

What is the difference between natural FET and medicated FET? Who decides whether we go natural or medicated?

@lucasmum11 Good luck for your BT tomorrow!!!

@pinkfuchsia How are you dear? Been really quiet recently.

@pinkfuchsia thank you! How hv you been? Really thinking to switch doctor?

What is the difference between natural FET and medicated FET? Who decides whether we go natural or medicated?

@pinkfuchsia How are you dear? Been really quiet recently.[/QUOTE]

@lucasmum11 @cheeka I get to see prof on 6 April, will see what he has to offer. Things seem to come to a halt for me, nthg to look forward to coz no plans yet. Now just back to tcm for accu and herbs but Gd thing is, my Sinseh says this biochemical pregnancy no impact on my body condition so that's Gd news. But I'm quite certain I want to do fresh again. If prof doesn't chg his protocol then I really hafta switch. But before all these I guess he might refer me for further testing.

@lucasmum11 Yes! :) Jia you! Everything will be shun shun li li.

I almost had OHSS. But yes, it was first timer's luck. So I am blessing it to all sisters here.... :)

Me too!!! My baby refuses to latch now. I super like breastfeeding... it's just me and the baby... bonding time... although very tiring at times. I also miss being pregnant... :D

@lucasmum11 Good luck for your BT tomorrow!!!

@pinkfuchsia How are you dear? Been really quiet recently.
Didn't realize u give birth already. I tot ur still preg. Medicated fet I think for pple with irregular cycles or don't ovulate. Most pple can do natural fet.

@cheeka
Prof suggested I do medicated even though I have regular cycles & always ovulate, cos I ovulate with very small follicles (ard 15mm) so he said play safe... He wants to ensure a TRUE & PERFECT ovulation LOL!

@pinkfuchsia
I still think further investigation before u start fresh again will be good. Rushing things may end up wasting more time (Choy!)... Better to get to the root issue 1st.. My personal view la, for your consideration?

@pinkfuchsia
I still think further investigation before u start fresh again will be good. Rushing things may end up wasting more time (Choy!)... Better to get to the root issue 1st.. My personal view la, for your consideration?

@pinkfuchsia
Haha u and your Choy! Tickle me loads.. Hope I can get answers frm the review with prof next week and frm the further investigations!

Hi ladies....i have a question to ask. I have irregular menses before IVF journey. After i took Nor E, i was expected menses to come...but not heavy flow. My menses came after ER, also not heavy flow. After taking mercilon, i only have spotting these few days. I was worried if this is the effect of ivf or my body yet to adjust to 28 days cycle? Check with Chinese Sensei just now, she mentioned could be lining too thin. I am not sure should i take 白凤丸after these, as i have stopped for 2 months. Any advice will be very appreciated

Hi ladies....i have a question to ask. I have irregular menses before IVF journey. After i took Nor E, i was expected menses to come...but not heavy flow. My menses came after ER, also not heavy flow. After taking mercilon, i only have spotting these few days. I was worried if this is the effect of ivf or my body yet to adjust to 28 days cycle? Check with Chinese Sensei just now, she mentioned could be lining too thin. I am not sure should i take 白凤丸after these, as i have stopped for 2 months. Any advice will be very appreciated
What stage are u at now?
U finished Mercilon & got AF liao rite? That's y u went for bloodtest? Nurse told me Mercilon can give weird AF (that time I red flow one day then stopped, so didn't know when to go bloodtest) nurse say some people will react like that.
U should be starting Progynova now?
So u started Progynova already?

When is ur ET? If ET is near, u supposed dont take any tcm unnecessarily. Just my personal opinion.
Cheeka, my ET likely to be 20Apr...my tcm doctor still give me the chinese medicine to take...increase to 2 packs in the morning and 2 packs at night

What stage are u at now?
U finished Mercilon & got AF liao rite? That's y u went for bloodtest? Nurse told me Mercilon can give weird AF (that time I red flow one day then stopped, so didn't know when to go bloodtest) nurse say some people will react like that.
U should be starting Progynova now?
So u started Progynova already?
RemembeRainbow, yes, i have started progynova at Day 3 now. Charmaine did checked if i have full flow on my blood tesr day, i said no, only spotting. They proceed with BT and call me in the afternoon to inform me start taking Progynova. I suppose nothing unusual from my BT,.but my AF really weird.
Last time, did you went for BT?

RemembeRainbow, yes, i have started progynova at Day 3 now. Charmaine did checked if i have full flow on my blood tesr day, i said no, only spotting. They proceed with BT and call me in the afternoon to inform me start taking Progynova. I suppose nothing unusual from my BT,.but my AF really weird.
Last time, did you went for BT?
My situation exactly like yours!

I called CHR that morning, say I going down cos I got red flow. By noon no more, so I called to ask if I still can go down if flow stop.
Nurse checked & said ok cos Mercilon causes weird AF.
I did BT on day 1 of AF then prof gave green light to start Progynova the next day

Just wanna share my experience for my FET ET (which I bfp-ed)

That ET was difficult cos my bladder was in sharp pain when trying to hold (I didn't have that during fresh ET), so my lower body was very uptight, I couldn't relax at all.

People always say after ET better don't go pee, must lie in bed for 2 hrs... I DIDNT do that! Bladder too painful, I went toilet immediately I was wheeled out. Then 30min later I went pee again.

During middle of 2ww, I had 3 days of flu so I sneezed like mad. But I tried to bend over to minimize impact on tummy.

Morale of the story (abt the myths after ET):
1) After ET, it's ok to go toilet. Don't torture yourself for 2 hrs & end up making your body tense
2) Heavy sneezing won't harm implantation

Just wanna share my experience for my FET ET (which I bfp-ed)

That ET was difficult cos my bladder was in sharp pain when trying to hold (I didn't have that during fresh ET), so my lower body was very uptight, I couldn't relax at all.

People always say after ET better don't go pee, must lie in bed for 2 hrs... I DIDNT do that! Bladder too painful, I went toilet immediately I was wheeled out. Then 30min later I went pee again.

During middle of 2ww, I had 3 days of flu so I sneezed like mad. But I tried to bend over to minimize impact on tummy.

Morale of the story (abt the myths after ET):
1) After ET, it's ok to go toilet. Don't torture yourself for 2 hrs & end up making your body tense
2) Heavy sneezing won't harm implantation
RemembeRainbow...
Thanks so much for sharing. Your experience enlighten me a lot.
First, same experince for weird AF after mercilon.
Second, the FET...i've heard so much about the bladder, was sharing with Pinkfuchsia on the scenario that i imagine going to happen...i am not alone.
All well noted. Thanks so much.
At least a relief to me.
In fact, i dont know what to ask when they said i can proceed to take progynova...not sure if i need to ask about my E2 level (since i have risk of OHSS after ER)...or ask about FSH, even though i have no idea how it effect me etc....
Anyway, i an good now.
Happy holiday to all

RemembeRainbow...
Thanks so much for sharing. Your experience enlighten me a lot.
First, same experince for weird AF after mercilon.
Second, the FET...i've heard so much about the bladder, was sharing with Pinkfuchsia on the scenario that i imagine going to happen...i am not alone.
All well noted. Thanks so much.
At least a relief to me.
In fact, i dont know what to ask when they said i can proceed to take progynova...not sure if i need to ask about my E2 level (since i have risk of OHSS after ER)...or ask about FSH, even though i have no idea how it effect me etc....
Anyway, i an good now.
Happy holiday to all
One thing I realised abt prof/NUH is that they don't really tell us much if readings are ok. If we ask, they will gladly tell, but we don't even know what to ask lor!
During fresh ET I was very bloated from ER so I didn't feel my bladder full despite drinking TWO bottles of water! That ET was fast & easy.
I suggest u do a "trial run" for your bladder. Before actual ET day, maybe try to see how much water is bearable for your bladder. Don't be like me, drank too much, bladder in pain, tensed up then ET was soooo difficult.

One thing I realised abt prof/NUH is that they don't really tell us much if readings are ok. If we ask, they will gladly tell, but we don't even know what to ask lor!
During fresh ET I was very bloated from ER so I didn't feel my bladder full despite drinking TWO bottles of water! That ET was fast & easy.
I suggest u do a "trial run" for your bladder. Before actual ET day, maybe try to see how much water is bearable for your bladder. Don't be like me, drank too much, bladder in pain, tensed up then ET was soooo difficult.
I cant agree more. Everytime i dont know what to ask...
When they told me only managed to retrieve follicles from one ovari, another cannot access, i was just listening to their explanation. Although we did asked questions but till today i still dont understand why i have such issue.

It was a great idea to "trial run"...i actually dont know my bearable level. I think also depends on how fast i drink the water, sometime when i drank too fast, my bladder will get full easily and feeling to run to toilet very soon.
I will try it out. Thanks again for the priceless experience being shared

I cant agree more. Everytime i dont know what to ask...
When they told me only managed to retrieve follicles from one ovari, another cannot access, i was just listening to their explanation. Although we did asked questions but till today i still dont understand why i have such issue.

It was a great idea to "trial run"...i actually dont know my bearable level. I think also depends on how fast i drink the water, sometime when i drank too fast, my bladder will get full easily and feeling to run to toilet very soon.
I will try it out. Thanks again for the priceless experience being shared
Prof got explain during ivf seminar. One reason why they cannot access an ovary is cos it is too high up, can't reach, cos the needle going inside us can only go that far.. It's a safety mechanism (to prevent poking other vital organs nearby) but it's also a limitation itself.
My ovary was also initially high during 1st scan for my fresh. Subsequently cos the follicles grew & became heavier, ovary sank down.

Prof got explain during ivf seminar. One reason why they cannot access an ovary is cos it is too high up, can't reach, cos the needle going inside us can only go that far.. It's a safety mechanism (to prevent poking other vital organs nearby) but it's also a limitation itself.
My ovary was also initially high during 1st scan for my fresh. Subsequently cos the follicles grew & became heavier, ovary sank down.
Oh i see...i can wait to attend Seminar, think will get more information.
They have explained to me the same thing, during and 3 scans, Prof never mention my ovary was high...only during ER...it happened. My luck, i felt it was a blessing to have 4 snowies now.
We shared almost the same experiences ya...

Yeah...i have registered to attend the seminar. Looking forward
During seminar they will bring the real equipment to show & let u touch. Including the gonal-f pen but u have passed all that.
During ET bring thick socks if u need. My feet turns cold easily & was trembling. They allow socks into OT.

Was just looking back & can't help but laugh comparing this:

Dr Anu: hot gel for tummy scan which was more comfy
Prof: cold gel, the last thing I wan on a bursting bladder!

Dr Anu: let me see screen & even gave narration during the whole process!!
Prof: nv show screen, whole room quiet

Dr Anu: I was in HAPPY tears when I saw photo of perfect embryos
Prof: SAD tears.. poorer-looking embryos

Anyway bfp-ed under prof though it was a much less enjoyable experience...
CONCLUSION: As long as bfp, who cares! HAHA

Back