Pcos support group singapore

did yr sis go private? I dont think can wipe out cpf so fast.. each time is abt 6k x 3 = 18k and I got 3 times of govt grant. and amt i paid is after utilising the govt grant. maybe hers is much more expensive as I go to kkh govt hospital.

my own view is if I dont try now esp before 40, I will regret... at least I know I tried and if really cant be successful with any child, I have done my best and anyway money can be earned back. my eggs and fertility cant wait as they depreciate with age.

yes agree there is no sure way of getting pregnant... even pray also not 100% will give u a baby but ivf is the closest help I can get besides praying. if I dont go this route there is nothing else I can do. sob sob. my hubby told me maybe we are destined to be childless at one point. I know medication on my body is not good but what to do unless im prepared not to try then its okay. some friends are okay to be childess so they are fine with this. but I cant. I feel like I wan to die. dont even feel alive at all. like a zombie no meaning nothing to look forward to in my life. (that's me lah in the past)

I went to see mdm valenica tan for her healings before I get started on my 3rd cycle. I was eager to get started but she hinted to me when i shld start, so i waited until the right time to register with kkh. she is my pillar of strength and I can find my answers to my own questions and circumstances after chatting with her.

but she is also not a magician.. dont be mistaken that if u see her, sure bfp immediately, though she did share with me that some others who see her also bfp naturally (not this round could be next round) while others is via ivf or iui etc. those who feel u wan to give it a try, can contact her. if not its perfectly fine too

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am a PCOS sufferer too. Having very irregular cycles since 13Yrs. Didnt bother much at that age, but started checking gyne when i was around 23. Was put on ovuloc-LD (for about 3 Yrs) and then switched to Yasmin (for a 7 months until last Sep'14). Once i stopped yasmin and i didnt get my cycle for 3 months until Jan mid.

Then decided to change my gyne and she put me on duphaston to get my cycle first which came last week. Also she has prescribed metformin, advised to watch my diet and defenitely reduce weight thru exercise (currently overweight - 75kg for 5'4") . I am 28yrs now (married for 2.5 yrs) and we have started ttc just now.

From this week, I have changed my diet pattern and joined gym. Taking metformin 250mg 2x a day, multivitamin with 400mg folic acid and also relying on Concieve plus fertility lube during our intimate times. I read positive reviews about it helping with fertility and hence wanted to give it a try as well.

Gyne has asked me to come back in May, if nothing happens by then she will put me on clomid. I sincerely hope to concieve before being put on clomid.

After reading many posts here around the same boat as i sail, i feel confident that if i stick to my diet and exercise, reduce weight, my chances are good enough. Hoping for the best. Pray for me and my prayers goes to fellow ladies here....

Any advice, motivation, well wishes are heartily welcome :)

Last edited:
Other than insulin resistance/weight issues, were any ladies informed by the doc what could be the cause of their PCOS?

I was initially on metformin, but blood test results showed that my insulin levels were ok. I have no weight issues also. So the cause is still undetermined.

Other than insulin resistance/weight issues, were any ladies informed by the doc what could be the cause of their PCOS?

I was initially on metformin, but blood test results showed that my insulin levels were ok. I have no weight issues also. So the cause is still undetermined.
acty I am not sure if weight gain and insulin resistance is the cause of pcos. I doubt it is but these are commonly associated with pcos sufferers. I didn't have any weight issues until I went to uni. my periods started getting irregular and I kept gaining wt. I don't think there is a known cause for pcos.. hmmm

Hi ladies, just wanna tell all of you not to give up. I was diagnosed with pcos as well as had a small fibroid in dec last year. I decided to see a Gynae when my husband and I started trying for a baby in oct 2014 but to no avail.

I actually tested positive twice using clear blue pregnancy test kit which also indicated I was 1-2 weeks pregnant but shortly after my menses came. The second time that happened, I went to see a gp who said that there's rarely fake positives and urine pregnancy tests sold in Singapore market are very accurate. He advised me to see a gunae immediately. On that very same day, I went to see doctor hk ho at mount alvernia. After scanning my ovaries and womb, he dignosed me with three conditions. The third one I can't remember the name. I was devastated but he said with exercise and change of diet, it's not impossible. I just need to try doubly hard compared to other people.

That's what we did and I got pregnant successfully soon after. I just crossed my first trimester. :) so don't give up! And if you can, get the clear blue fertility monitor too and only have sex when the bar indicates two/three bars.

Hi. I'm also a PCOS patient. I stop taking Metfomin due to the side effect and I don't feel comfortable to take this medicine as it is actually for diabetes patient. I just visited KKH and currently taking hormone medicine to let my menses come in a week time so that I can do HSG test on the 10th day to check if the tube is blocked. I hope it is fine...

By the way, I married for 3 years...

Hi. I'm also a PCOS patient. I stop taking Metfomin due to the side effect and I don't feel comfortable to take this medicine as it is actually for diabetes patient. I just visited KKH and currently taking hormone medicine to let my menses come in a week time so that I can do HSG test on the 10th day to check if the tube is blocked. I hope it is fine...

By the way, I married for 3 years...
Good luck

What kind of diet plan?

I did some research that for pcos patient, we need to control our diet, like taking low-GI foods so that it controls our weight and hormone.
ImageUploadedByForum1427683825.554207.jpg

Haha emotion cannot be seen I like swimming and cycling
I stay at west area
I stay in the west also :)

I will jog around e estate abt once a week, then I've membership at Amore so will attend classes and gym there.

Although keeping fit don't seem to help me w my PCOS, but at least overall seem healthier la hehe

Hi,

I also suffer from PCOS and I'm getting married soon. Hoping to have kids after I get married. Anyone has any success stories to share?
I'm also currently taking supplements now - Folic acid, fish oil, probiotics. Do you know if they help?

Thanks.

Hi,

I also suffer from PCOS and I'm getting married soon. Hoping to have kids after I get married. Anyone has any success stories to share?
I'm also currently taking supplements now - Folic acid, fish oil, probiotics. Do you know if they help?

Thanks.
Fighting

I had irregular menses since 2007/8. Didnt managed to get proper diagnosis (docs just pass it off as hormonal imbalance) until jan 2013, when i eventually did the transvaginal ultrasound. As i was not married back then, the only medicine prescribed was BCP in order to regulate my menses. On top of that, i was supposed to maintain a healthy weight.

One yr on, i decided to drop off the pill since afterall, its supposed to regulate but not treat the underlying cause and i am afraid in the long run my health may be affected. So in jan 2014, i went to see a tcm rec by my frd for fertility issues. Took their med for 1-2 mths and for once, my menses became regular once again (due to pcos, i had super irregular menses that range fm 4-7mths). And i got pregnant in jul 2014! Was mad happy cos totally didnt expect it.

So all hope's not lost! Just take gd care of ur body, have a positive mindset, be ard positive people. May luck be with u :)

I had irregular menses since 2007/8. Didnt managed to get proper diagnosis (docs just pass it off as hormonal imbalance) until jan 2013, when i eventually did the transvaginal ultrasound. As i was not married back then, the only medicine prescribed was BCP in order to regulate my menses. On top of that, i was supposed to maintain a healthy weight.

One yr on, i decided to drop off the pill since afterall, its supposed to regulate but not treat the underlying cause and i am afraid in the long run my health may be affected. So in jan 2014, i went to see a tcm rec by my frd for fertility issues. Took their med for 1-2 mths and for once, my menses became regular once again (due to pcos, i had super irregular menses that range fm 4-7mths). And i got pregnant in jul 2014! Was mad happy cos totally didnt expect it.

So all hope's not lost! Just take gd care of ur body, have a positive mindset, be ard positive people. May luck be with u :)

Hi Oscar, may i check which tcm you go to ?

I went to the one at singpost, paya lebar, basement1. Clinic name is de xing. Downside is the queue and must be really patient...first few weeks gotta see her every week. Aft about 2-3 visits cfm med is suitable, then it will be once every 2 weeks. If i go right aft work, waiting time can be 2-3hrs. If sat can go up to 4hrs. But i saw the improvement to my health in general and best thing is i started ovulating (previously if i rely on BCP i only get menses but not nec ovulation). So i was quite disciplined. It helps that my hubby went with me and didnt mind the wait. Else it can get so tiring and boring....

Hi all. I'm TTC and my gynae mentioned I might be having PCOS from the scan. But my menses are so regular! Am going for HSG this sat... anyone can share any tests to confirm on PCOS? Anyone having regular menses yet having PCOS too?

Hi all. I'm TTC and my gynae mentioned I might be having PCOS from the scan. But my menses are so regular! Am going for HSG this sat... anyone can share any tests to confirm on PCOS? Anyone having regular menses yet having PCOS too?
Yup, possible to have PCOS with regular periods

I have stretches of regular and irregular periods, which would be a sign.

But I get positives on opk at abt the same day every month, and my BBT charts look like what the theory says - so supposedly I'm ovulating but I'm still not conceiving heh

I went to the one at singpost, paya lebar, basement1. Clinic name is de xing. Downside is the queue and must be really patient...first few weeks gotta see her every week. Aft about 2-3 visits cfm med is suitable, then it will be once every 2 weeks. If i go right aft work, waiting time can be 2-3hrs. If sat can go up to 4hrs. But i saw the improvement to my health in general and best thing is i started ovulating (previously if i rely on BCP i only get menses but not nec ovulation). So i was quite disciplined. It helps that my hubby went with me and didnt mind the wait. Else it can get so tiring and boring....
Hi Oscar

Thank you for this information. I have irregular menses. And is current doing iui. I take note and maybe try it when a suitable times comes. Are you ttc now ? Have u done iui before?

Hi

I have irregular menses ranging from 45-80 days cycle. I'm also doing the HSG this coming Friday. And will pay a follow up visit with doctor on 16 May for the blood test and HSG test results. Let's keep in touch and share the experience. :)

Hi Oscar

I'm so happy for you and hope the luck come to rest of us who are still trying very soon. :) I'm also try to conceive naturally while waiting for the test results. Might go to iui or IVF depending on the results.

Hi

I have irregular menses ranging from 45-80 days cycle. I'm also doing the HSG this coming Friday. And will pay a follow up visit with doctor on 16 May for the blood test and HSG test results. Let's keep in touch and share the experience. :)

I will review on 28th Apr after this sat HSG... let's hope everything goes well! ;)

Hi Oscar

Thank you for this information. I have irregular menses. And is current doing iui. I take note and maybe try it when a suitable times comes. Are you ttc now ? Have u done iui before?

My menses became regular after the tcm treatment, and became pregnant aft 6mths. Caught me by surprise when i wasn't ttc cos all i wanted was to treat pcos, or at least increase the freq of my menses.

Hey gals... is there a specific test for PCOS? My gynae said "suspect"... but I did see the clusters from my scan. Did you gals do any tests? TIA

Hey gals... is there a specific test for PCOS? My gynae said "suspect"... but I did see the clusters from my scan. Did you gals do any tests? TIA
For my case the gynae diagnosed immediately when she saw my clusters and enlarged ovaries

By the way do you feel stomach cramp during and after HSG? My stomach cramp for like half an hour. Seriously wanna scream.

Hi! Seriously, my threshold for pain super low. But I only felt uncomfortable during the insertion of the syringe then the fluid/dye. It was not unbearable. Plus it helps when my gynae was super gentle. I only felt a little like menses flowing out. Not really cramps kind of pain.

That's good! I did ytd but have to visit the doctor next month then only I will know if there's any blockage. So what's ur plan after this? :)

Why do u need to wait till next month to know the results? I knew it on the spot and there was also a screen live telecast. I just needed to wait an hr for the written report and x rays films. I did at gleneagles.

Since HSG proven no blockage, will proceed with scan on Tues which is CD11 to check on developments off ovaries. On Femara since CD3 to CD7.

By the way do you feel stomach cramp during and after HSG? My stomach cramp for like half an hour. Seriously wanna scream.
Yes, my cramps were bad too.. Lasted for a couple of hours.. Sharp pain when the car went over the humps on the way home

Why do u need to wait till next month to know the results? I knew it on the spot and there was also a screen live telecast. I just needed to wait an hr for the written report and x rays films. I did at gleneagles.

I did it at KKH. Probably that's the different between private and government hospital. I visited KKH as fren recommended dr thh. I saw the screen live telecast too. But I think should be KKH procedures to let the doctor explains to me during the next appointment together with the blood test result. I memorize the the picture shown and Google. And... I have a bad feeling that I have the blockage. Mine share with me how much u incurred? Just a cost comparison.

I did it at KKH. Probably that's the different between private and government hospital. I visited KKH as fren recommended dr thh. I saw the screen live telecast too. But I think should be KKH procedures to let the doctor explains to me during the next appointment together with the blood test result. I memorize the the picture shown and Google. And... I have a bad feeling that I have the blockage. Mine share with me how much u incurred? Just a cost comparison.

Hi songsnowy
My gynae's fee was $400... gleneagles facilities plus xray report with written report @ $194.
If you go direct to gleneagles and done by their radiologist will be at $244.
So effectively, I paid $350 to use my own gynae.
But I was really glad I did that because he was really gentle and patient. There's was only discomfort but no pain for someone like me with low threshold.
My discharge is only minimal. I just feel tired probably also due to the anxiety before the test.
There is another doc that came in to look at the screen and he is the doc that sign off my written report to certified everything is ok and normal.

Hi songsnowy
Stay positive. I didn't really understand the live telecast too...
When my gynae told me there's no blockage, I was even doubtful... cos I didn't really see the contrast dye flowing freeing. But the xray films were clear and obvious. I understand your anxiety.... just pray and stay positive! God bless.

Hi songsnowy
Stay positive. I didn't really understand the live telecast too...
When my gynae told me there's no blockage, I was even doubtful... cos I didn't really see the contrast dye flowing freeing. But the xray films were clear and obvious. I understand your anxiety.... just pray and stay positive! God bless.

Yup.... Hope everything goes well.

I did my HSG at KKH also. I ask how was it n the doc show me my right side which is ok but told me my left he need to see the pic again which I got a feeling it's block.

When doc appt week after n doc told me my left side seem block but she can't confirm unless I do one procedure which I dunno what that call. But she told me this is the way to see if it block or not. N if block can unblock at the same time. But I refuse to do it.

N she mention since 1 side is ok, she will go ahead with clomid for me.

Back