(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Wah you both are super healthy :)

My appetite is so terrible that I struggle to take in any food.

Breakfast : 2 prata and milk
Pre lunch : jemput jemput (banana fritters)
Lunch ; rice + chicken + barley

Dinner ; half a kebab and milk....

My appetite is no good at the moment too.. This thurs will be exactly 10 weeks. Can't finish my meal .. But I try my best to eat .. B4 I am pregnant , my appetite is super good.. Frequent eater and portion is comparable to my hubby. :D

Dear mummies, will emo or sadness and crying affect our baby inside our tummy?

It will somehow affect .. I personally think so.. Try to relax and smile more.. If u have any problem and need a listening ear, do ventilate out and don't bottle up. We can lend a listening ear too :) cheer up :)

hello fellow mummies, I just had the following today:

breakfast - half a bowl of pork porridge w one cup milo kosong

morning tea - 3 pces saltine cracker

lunch - fish soup with half portion of white rice and a cup of avocado juice

afternoon tea - 5 almonds and a filet o fish burger (too hungry n can't resist!)

dinner - zi char dinner and an apple

is that too much?!?!

gynae did warn that when appetite get better we will get hungry more often. but that doesn't mean we shld eat a lot more...

I realised that in the midst of feeling hungry, it's really hard to control. the best I can do is only try to choose healthier options, but the filet n zi char still comes in =x

Jus curious, u have crossed your first trimester and has gained back your appetite liao?:) cos for my first pregnancy , my first trimester was very Jia lat. nauseous and vomit and no appetite . But strangely , once I crossed 12 weeks, my appetite came back with a bang ! I ate so much that gyne gotta warned me to control my diet cos baby is growing a little too big and so I eat healthily and control my eating binge . Thankfully with some control, baby's weight was acceptable at birth ..3.3kg .. Phew! :D

Jus curious, u have crossed your first trimester and has gained back your appetite liao?:) cos for my first pregnancy , my first trimester was very Jia lat. nauseous and vomit and no appetite . But strangely , once I crossed 12 weeks, my appetite came back with a bang ! I ate so much that gyne gotta warned me to control my diet cos baby is growing a little too big and so I eat healthily and control my eating binge . Thankfully with some control, baby's weight was acceptable at birth ..3.3kg .. Phew! :D

haha I'm moving into 2nd trimester, now at 12 weeks plus.

sometimes I wonder if the hunger is caused by my subconscious thinking that I should eat more, rather than being really in need of food...

cross fingers I can control it well, it's just the beginning!

It will somehow affect .. I personally think so.. Try to relax and smile more.. If u have any problem and need a listening ear, do ventilate out and don't bottle up. We can lend a listening ear too :) cheer up :)
Throughout my pregnancy I wasn't very emotionally stable at all. Really trying my best to stay happy and positive but really not easy for me. =(

hi ladies,

for 1st time mummies who is working full time, just wondering if anyone knows the entitlement for child care leave in year 2015 given babies born in Oct/Nov/Dec?

If entitled, how is that taken with the maternity leave?

TIA!

I believe if you deliver this year the entitlement starts the following year.
That is what my HR has advised

https://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/Topics/Pages/Child-care-leave-How-to-apply.aspx

Government-Paid Childcare Leave Scheme:

• If your youngest child is under the age of 7 years, you and your spouse are each entitled to 6 days of paid childcare leave over a 12-month period.
  • The first 3 days of your leave is employer-paid (or yourself, if self-employed), while the last 3 days of leave will be government-paid (capped at $500 a day, including CPF contributions).
  • Each working parent can claim up to 42 days of paid childcare leave in respect of the youngest child until the year the child turns 7 years old.
  • The government will reimburse your employer (or yourself, if self-employed) a maximum of 3 childcare leave days in a calendar year.
  • Your paid childcare leave is pro-rated according to your length of employment service

If 42 days, means...

0 to 1 yrs old - 6 days
1 to 2 yrs old - 6 days
2 to 3 yrs old - 6 days
3 to 4 yrs old - 6 days
4 to 5 yrs old - 6 days
5 to 6 yrs old - 6 days
6 to 7 yrs old - 6 days
TOTAL - 42 days

So from above, we are still entitled (0 to 1 yrs old). But it depends...if u are taking full 4 months of maternity leave, i believe that ur cc leave will be forfeited for this year cos u won't have an opportunity to use it.

for myself, i'm only taking 2 months of maternity leave, then i will utilise my 6 days of cc leave n spread out my remaining 2 months of maternity leave over 4 months.

Throughout my pregnancy I wasn't very emotionally stable at all. Really trying my best to stay happy and positive but really not easy for me. =(

Jia you , Okie :) rem to ventilate out if it makes u feel better:) or talk to your hubby or family members to get some support. Or ventilate here :) we are all here to encourage and support:)

I see.. after that was okie le? Doc wanted to extend my mc.. but I cant le. So went back to wk.
it was mainly yellow discharge by late week9, gynae say i can go back to work depending on my discretion but still advised me to rest/not walk so much.
I went back to work after 3.5 weeks but I don't walk so much. I still get on off yellow discharge but I think it is fine for now still almost week13, so far all the checks seems well.
Right now, I still heed his advice to rest as much, not walk too much

Jia you , Okie :) rem to ventilate out if it makes u feel better:) or talk to your hubby or family members to get some support. Or ventilate here :) we are all here to encourage and support:)
Thanks. I dun hv a hubby. My bf not Keen to marry me and initially he insist on wanting me to go for abortion. Bt I refused. Although now he let me go ahead to hv the baby and paying but I still feels upset. Bcos I can't feel the love from him anymore. Felt lonely at times and worry for bb future. I'm trying my best to stay strong but really not easy for me.

Thanks. I dun hv a hubby. My bf not Keen to marry me and initially he insist on wanting me to go for abortion. Bt I refused. Although now he let me go ahead to hv the baby and paying but I still feels upset. Bcos I can't feel the love from him anymore. Felt lonely at times and worry for bb future. I'm trying my best to stay strong but really not easy for me.

Jiayou you! I know it's tough but if u went through with abortion, you might regret your whole life. Stay strong for baby okay! He/she, I'm sure, will bring you immense joy and a renewed sense of purpose. If you are worried about cost, start looking for baby stuff early from 2nd hand groups, if need references, can PM me :)

Jiayou you! I know it's tough but if u went through with abortion, you might regret your whole life. Stay strong for baby okay! He/she, I'm sure, will bring you immense joy and a renewed sense of purpose. If you are worried about cost, start looking for baby stuff early from 2nd hand groups, if need references, can PM me :)
Thanks.. I really feels like leaving my bf for good but I feels scare. Reli dk how to think and act accordingly now. Feelin lost and helpless. I stil hv abt 6 mths till bb born. Bt I'm kinda drained out from this ordeal.

Thanks.. I really feels like leaving my bf for good but I feels scare. Reli dk how to think and act accordingly now. Feelin lost and helpless. I stil hv abt 6 mths till bb born. Bt I'm kinda drained out from this ordeal.

Hi jerlicious, I have a friend who decided to keep her baby, even though she and her boyfriend had broken up. She is very happy with her baby now and she is the light of her life. Be strong for your baby. If you have decided to keep the baby, then do not turn back.

Hi jerlicious, I have a friend who decided to keep her baby, even though she and her boyfriend had broken up. She is very happy with her baby now and she is the light of her life. Be strong for your baby. If you have decided to keep the baby, then do not turn back.
Tks. I am trying my best to stay positive. Just that at times can't help feeling upset. I must be strong for the sake of my baby.

https://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/Topics/Pages/Child-care-leave-How-to-apply.aspx

Government-Paid Childcare Leave Scheme:

• If your youngest child is under the age of 7 years, you and your spouse are each entitled to 6 days of paid childcare leave over a 12-month period.
  • The first 3 days of your leave is employer-paid (or yourself, if self-employed), while the last 3 days of leave will be government-paid (capped at $500 a day, including CPF contributions).
  • Each working parent can claim up to 42 days of paid childcare leave in respect of the youngest child until the year the child turns 7 years old.
  • The government will reimburse your employer (or yourself, if self-employed) a maximum of 3 childcare leave days in a calendar year.
  • Your paid childcare leave is pro-rated according to your length of employment service

If 42 days, means...

0 to 1 yrs old - 6 days
1 to 2 yrs old - 6 days
2 to 3 yrs old - 6 days
3 to 4 yrs old - 6 days
4 to 5 yrs old - 6 days
5 to 6 yrs old - 6 days
6 to 7 yrs old - 6 days
TOTAL - 42 days

So from above, we are still entitled (0 to 1 yrs old). But it depends...if u are taking full 4 months of maternity leave, i believe that ur cc leave will be forfeited for this year cos u won't have an opportunity to use it.

for myself, i'm only taking 2 months of maternity leave, then i will utilise my 6 days of cc leave n spread out my remaining 2 months of maternity leave over 4 months.
Entitlement as quoted is 42 days. So it doesn't really matter when u start taking the childcare leave. U will not lose out cos u will hv up to the year your child turns 7.. meaning that for Oct 2015 kids, hv up to Dec 2022 as the cut off.

Thanks for sharing .. It is must be tough for you. Big hugs for u. Does your parents know about your situation? Can they give u some emotional support ? I think it is important to at least have some of your close ones to give u support and encouragement. It will be tough to go through alone . But once u have decided to give birth to baby, u must be strong and don't look back anymore . You have baby and u are definitely not alone :)

Ya family noes but cos currently I'm helping out with my boss to take care of his son, I am not staying together with my family for the time being. So always feeling lonely and no one to talk to. Then my mind will Alws wander about. Everyday I feels like crying. Family also can't do much for me. And I do feels bad for giving them extra burden. I noe I thinks too much Bt i hv no idea how to keep myself busy and away from all the issues bothering me.

Ya family noes but cos currently I'm helping out with my boss to take care of his son, I am not staying together with my family for the time being. So always feeling lonely and no one to talk to. Then my mind will Alws wander about. Everyday I feels like crying. Family also can't do much for me. And I do feels bad for giving them extra burden. I noe I thinks too much Bt i hv no idea how to keep myself busy and away from all the issues bothering me.
If u move back to stay with your family, will it be better for u cos you will not be lonely and your mind will not wander off. After work U can go home and have dinner with family .. Family can be your strong pillar of support :)

If u move back to stay with your family, will it be better for u cos you will not be lonely and your mind will not wander off. After work U can go home and have dinner with family .. Family can be your strong pillar of support :)
I got to stay in over my boss house to take care that's y. Only weekends get to go back. Suppose having a baby is a happy occasion but now to me it only makes me so worried and upset. Bf isn't helping much due to his temperamental character. Often blows hot and cold on me which makes me feels even worst. I'm preparing for the worst, he may just leave me anytime.

I got to stay in over my boss house to take care that's y. Only weekends get to go back. Suppose having a baby is a happy occasion but now to me it only makes me so worried and upset. Bf isn't helping much due to his temperamental character. Often blows hot and cold on me which makes me feels even worst. I'm preparing for the worst, he may just leave me anytime.
I had a boyfriend also one moment treat nice then most of the times angry with me over little things. So when I hear stories like that I get very angry. Girls shouldn't be treated like that, not to mention pregnant girls who are carrying lives inside them!! Please PM me if you need a listening ear.
You asked if being in an emotional roller coaster ride will affect baby or not right? In terms professional research seem to say yes. People also believe babies can be affected by our mood. But do not worry, I have friends who overcame challenges and great sadness when they are pregnant, and their child grow up to be super Guai and independent and resilient.
Remember if you need someone to rant to can msg me ok? Jia yo!

Jia you babe! :) you can and you will be a strong mommy for your baby .. Jus ventilate here if u ever need a listening ear .. We are all women and we deserve to be treated with equal respect . You and your baby will be blessed :)

Hi I'm new to this forum and just done my scanning today and confirmed my EDD will be 21 Oct. This my #2 pregnancy, #1 BB currently 19mths old born in Snake yrs.:D

Tks @Evasin @bellebaby @wantababy ~ yes I really need a lot of mentally / emotionally support now. I really do not want to rely on him anymore. I must stay strong. Thank u ladies.
If there is any moment you feel weak, just want you to know I think you are very very strong. Here I am whining about nausea and not eating but you are still able to work despite the challenges around you, and also to be confident about the possibility of raising your child on your own. I think you are already strong. You go girl!!

Same situation as me plus I am only going to hit 3 months in 3 weeks time. HR and supervisor had a talk with me and said if I can't meet the KPIs and expectations, I will be asked to leave. Feeling really down.
still in your probation period? or you mean you are hitting 3 month preggy. will go to MOM helps for unfair dismissal?

hi ladies,

for 1st time mummies who is working full time, just wondering if anyone knows the entitlement for child care leave in year 2015 given babies born in Oct/Nov/Dec?

If entitled, how is that taken with the maternity leave?

TIA!

for my company, CCL starts the year the baby is born so you can take CCL right after the bb is born then continue with ML. of course, safest is to check with HR.

kambette. transfer the negative thoughts to thoughts of having a healthy baby in your arms :) it will hopefully make the negativity go away! happy mother happy baby!
Thanks. Sometimes when I'm feeling down but family aint helping much either. Only need mental and emotional support from them also can't get it. Thus makes me feels even more upset. =(

it was mainly yellow discharge by late week9, gynae say i can go back to work depending on my discretion but still advised me to rest/not walk so much.
I went back to work after 3.5 weeks but I don't walk so much. I still get on off yellow discharge but I think it is fine for now still almost week13, so far all the checks seems well.
Right now, I still heed his advice to rest as much, not walk too much
I thought having yellow discharge is normal?

Hi I'm newbie in this forum and confirmed my EDD will be 21 Oct after seeing doctor @ KKH...
This my #1 pregnancy as well.
:p

Hi...Selling 2 maternity pants @$25 each. Unused. Tag still attached. PM me if you are interested.
upload_2015-4-4_12-11-9-png.510680

Comfy sateen pants. Size-Small. Colour-Graphite. Retail price $82.
upload_2015-4-4_12-12-46-png.510681

The Weekend Linen Pants. Size-small. Colour-Mahagony. Retail price $79.90

Hi , can I check, is it alright to eat cherry tomatoes during pregnancy ? I googled and it says Okie. But my friend told me jus eat the normal tomatoes. B4 preggy , I like to stuff sour plums inside the cherry tomatoes but now i think not so healthy to stuff sour plums.

Back