(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Mummies... I have a big problem.

My memory after delivery is very very bad.. I almost have to overturn my hse upside down almost everyday to look for stuff... n I am.that type die die have to find it out else I can't sleep....

Does fish oil helps ???

Try clear his nose with a nose pump. It happened to my bb also. Asked pd she also says it's normal especially in aircon room.

So we juz try to clear what we can to help.him breathe better. N thus he can drink his milk

When his nose is block he can't drink much only around 40-60ml n very pek cek when drinking. Makes alot noise n cry..coz frustrated...

After clearing he can drink his normal amt of 60-120ml

This is the only bb that I encountered this problem. My first 2 kids dun have this problem. Haizz every child pattern different

My bb also! I only v recently connected the 'die die don't wanna drink' to blocked nose. Of cos la both noses blocked n using mouth to breathe who wants to get a bottle stuck in mouth n suffocate?

Ya when baby nose block they don't drink well. My PD say if nose block until very jialat, they can't even drink or will resist to drink. My girl nose stuck very frequently and while she sleep got a lot noises and breathing sounds very bad. Brought her to PD and I am using this spray from the PD to clear the her nose. View attachment 508694
Yup this works I use after @ecym recommended.
Btw which pd you use?
Anyone can recommend their pd which is near sengkang?
I thinking of changing pd but not sure which pd in sengkang better.

Mummies... I have a big problem.

My memory after delivery is very very bad.. I almost have to overturn my hse upside down almost everyday to look for stuff... n I am.that type die die have to find it out else I can't sleep....

Does fish oil helps ???

Ginkgo extract? Can buy fr pharmacy.

Today brought my 11 weeks old girl to baby spa. This is the 1st time she went out apart from visiting pd. Scares the hell out of her! She cry the moment she heard strangers talking. The staff took 15mins to calm her down. After swimming for 30mins, my mum want to go ntuc buy groceries. It was very noisy and my girl can't stop crying. Aiyo, my heart want to break liao. Quickly find a toilet to bf her to calm her down. As she's crying very loud, I don't have a chance to find Nursing room. Everybody is looking at us. Finally she fell asleep. Must be very tired after crying for so long. Poor gal. Shouldn't hv bring her out at such a young age.

My boy last time when I bring him out also like that. But now he gets used to it. Boh bian ah hv to bring him out cos his daddy n I need to eat and buy groceries n etc. I counsel the bb... This is the environment you are born into... So you hv to get used to it..try bringing the bb out for short periods n slowly increase. And always hv a 'emergency evacuation' plan, like if bb really cannot tahan, quickest way to get bb home.
11 weeks is old enough to go out alr, my boy think 6 or 7 weeks alr go out, but since she never go out before hv to let her get used to it slowly.
Don't worry, she will be fine, and you will be alright too, jia you!

Yup this works I use after @ecym recommended.
Btw which pd you use?
Anyone can recommend their pd which is near sengkang?
I thinking of changing pd but not sure which pd in sengkang better.
There are 2 popular pd in Sengkang one at Rivervale mall Aka kid's clinic and the other rivervale plaza aka sbcc

Both my kids go to kid's clinic

Today brought my 11 weeks old girl to baby spa. This is the 1st time she went out apart from visiting pd. Scares the hell out of her! She cry the moment she heard strangers talking. The staff took 15mins to calm her down. After swimming for 30mins, my mum want to go ntuc buy groceries. It was very noisy and my girl can't stop crying. Aiyo, my heart want to break liao. Quickly find a toilet to bf her to calm her down. As she's crying very loud, I don't have a chance to find Nursing room. Everybody is looking at us. Finally she fell asleep. Must be very tired after crying for so long. Poor gal. Shouldn't hv bring her out at such a young age.
I agree with @ding2505 , you should bring your gal out often. I bring my gal out as early as 5weeks old to shopping mall or downstairs shop. she is 11+wk also. She kinda curious and will look around.

Is she in a stroller? Maybe u can try to baby wear or carry her in ur arms. They generally like to be close to our body will feel more secured. Mine always sleep when I baByy wear her.

I agree with @ding2505 , you should bring your gal out often. I bring my gal out as early as 5weeks old to shopping mall or downstairs shop. she is 11+wk also. She kinda curious and will look around.

Is she in a stroller? Maybe u can try to baby wear or carry her in ur arms. They generally like to be close to our body will feel more secured. Mine always sleep when I baByy wear her.
Mine hates it when I carry her in a carrier. Think its too warm n she sweats easily..

Was carrying her close and tight to my chest trying to calm her dwn but fail. When she fall asleep, I try to put her in stroller, she will wake up in short while and cry again. The crying only stop when we reach home. She feel safe and slept for 4hrs without waking up. Must be tired after a long cry

Have this occured to any mommies here?

My boy was 9weeks old last week and throughout the week, he had been sleeping alot. Like super guai.. coax/carry abit (10-15mins).. fell asleep right after feeding.. no need to burp he will fart while he sleeps.. awake about 2-3hrs on ave.. and only cry for milk. Not cranky or anything.. it was the best week of my life.

And hell starts today! Since 11pm last night till 430pm just now, he dont sleep at all. And must carry/walk around/coax him.. and he never sleep deep.. the moment i tried to lay him down.. he stared at me liao. dont carry him, he cry the roof down. Omg. Its like endless. I have been up for more than 24hrs.. and becuz he wants carry all the time, i cant even pump my milk properly. 10mins each side chop chop, nvr empty also bobian. My boobs like damn sore now..no lumps yet (fingers crossed) but got feeling liao.

This scenario had happened before during 5 & 6 weeks old.. im thinkin is growth spurt. But isn't growth spurt in multiples of 3. I was kinda prepared for hell week last week.. since its week 9. End up it turns out fine and I sort of misused the extra time i had.. didnt catch enough rest at all. Hais..
My girl carry coax pat yao lan all cannot she cried to sleep cannot sleep tight kept waking up...dunno what happen aft midnight feeding started till morning...

my girl also.. pd said sensitive nose.. and the mucus downflow to her throat.. den now got phlegm.. always choke while drinking milk or even her own saliva.. :(
Same my girl feeding time sometimes will choke twice den cough till tears drop very pity her n heart pain

Mine hates it when I carry her in a carrier. Think its too warm n she sweats easily..

Baby wearing is hot n sweaty one. haha I place a muslin cloth in between me n her and it help reduce the sweat.

Was carrying her close and tight to my chest trying to calm her dwn but fail. When she fall asleep, I try to put her in stroller, she will wake up in short while and cry again. The crying only stop when we reach home. She feel safe and slept for 4hrs without waking up. Must be tired after a long cry

aiyo.. so poor thing. Think she not use to the outside. maybe bring her downstairs for a while everyday to get use of the noise like car passing by and things like tt? Your house is very quiet during the day? I on tv or on radio so at least got some sound. Most of us are 1st time mummy, now ML, all alone at home with our bb, the house is rather quiet.

Ya when baby nose block they don't drink well. My PD say if nose block until very jialat, they can't even drink or will resist to drink. My girl nose stuck very frequently and while she sleep got a lot noises and breathing sounds very bad. Brought her to PD and I am using this spray from the PD to clear the her nose. View attachment 508694
Where u get it? From pd? Spray to her nose directly?

Not shld not bring her out in such young age...is u nv bring her out all these while she not used to be outside once they used to it they are fine n happy to go out keep looking ard very curious...my eldest sis said my elder sis nv bring her dau out when she brought to shopping mall my elder sis bb cried so loud it took awhile for her to get used to outside n noisy environment

Baby wearing is hot n sweaty one. haha I place a muslin cloth in between me n her and it help reduce the sweat.

aiyo.. so poor thing. Think she not use to the outside. maybe bring her downstairs for a while everyday to get use of the noise like car passing by and things like tt? Your house is very quiet during the day? I on tv or on radio so at least got some sound. Most of us are 1st time mummy, now ML, all alone at home with our bb, the house is rather quiet.
i thought I was the only FM alone with lo most of the time. I don't have the confidence to take her out alone

No.. @gammahedging , most of us are alone with our LO the whole day and waiting for dad to come back.
haha
Bring her downstairs first, nearby then slowly venture out.
Have confidence, we should be able to read their language by now. :)

To be honest, I mostly only bring my gal out alone to my mum place (a few bus stops away) and downstairs to buy food. But I think I can bring her out to meet my friends on my own.
Even my hub go out with me, he only help with logistics, he can't pacify my gal so its still me. hahhaa

No.. @gammahedging , most of us are alone with our LO the whole day and waiting for dad to come back.
haha

To be honest, I mostly only bring my gal out alone to my mum place (a few bus stops away) and downstairs to buy food. But I think I can bring her out to meet my friends on my own.
Even my hub go out with me, he only help with logistics, he can't pacify my gal so its still me. hahhaa
Haha like my hub said c mummy den smile if not cry...feeling happy n kind of satisfaction for what we have done n our LO stick to us more...lol

Where u get it? From pd? Spray to her nose directly?

Ya I got from PD cos I brought her to vaccination and just nice checked her nose. @mcymcy say can get from unity, you can try. There's no medicine content in it, just salt water. Not difficult to use, just tilte baby head one side and press the nozzle into the nostril then let the solution run out before wiping. Slowly the pi sai will also come out at the edge of the nose...

ImageUploadedByForum1427775356.631507.jpg

ImageUploadedByForum1427775377.856886.jpg

haha

i feel so cut off from the world outside. thank god for my laptop and internet connection. but .... it is still diff from gg out to work every day.

I read somewhere that no/little water should be given to child until they reach 6mths..

http://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-drink-water_1368488.bc

same same.i also insist on not giving water.actually small amt is acceptable according to pd.but since bm or fm already hv water content and plain water is not nutritious,so why give when my baby is less then 3 months old.both my mum n mil thinks i m crazy when i do not give baby water when he got hiccups.i can only keep repeating my explanation.

i thought I was the only FM alone with lo most of the time. I don't have the confidence to take her out alone

me too..hee..i will wait till he is like 6 months,then i will use the ergo baby carrier.i ever saw a ang moh mum,using baby carrier to carry her infant and the other hand to push a twin stroller (her twins).3 kids leh...

@HappiBerries, think 11 weeks is old enough to bring them out, I guess it's just a matter of them getting used to the environment bah. I brought my baby out at least 1-22-3times during weekdays to meet friends, have lunch, window shop etc. At the beginning, I babywear him, then bring him out in stroller. I think not just for him to get used to the environment, but also for us to learn to cope with him outside. You might want to bring him out first on shorter trips, then longer ones. Baby spa is actually very tiring for babies, so she/he was probably quite tired, hence cranky... Don't get disheartened, try again next time!

@HappiBerries, think 11 weeks is old enough to bring them out, I guess it's just a matter of them getting used to the environment bah. I brought my baby out at least 1-22-3times during weekdays to meet friends, have lunch, window shop etc. At the beginning, I babywear him, then bring him out in stroller. I think not just for him to get used to the environment, but also for us to learn to cope with him outside. You might want to bring him out first on shorter trips, then longer ones. Baby spa is actually very tiring for babies, so she/he was probably quite tired, hence cranky... Don't get disheartened, try again next time!
For lunch? Den how u pump outside? Bring bb to nursing room?

I do the same as Getaway Junkie. I have been bringing LO out since confinement ended. At first, I brought him out for short walks (about 20 mins) downstairs and short trips to the mall were accompanied by my mum or hubby.

When I got more confident to venture out on my own, I would make sure I've bathed and fed him before going out. Making him comfy so that he would not fuss when out. Feeding him prior would also mean that I won't have to feed him outside or I would have time to settle my stuff before he calls for his feed.

LO is around 9 weeks now and he enjoys his going out time very much. He is very curious about his surroundings so I guess it's also a way to engage and develop him.

me too..hee..i will wait till he is like 6 months,then i will use the ergo baby carrier.i ever saw a ang moh mum,using baby carrier to carry her infant and the other hand to push a twin stroller (her twins).3 kids leh...
I had the same fear as you at first. Fearing this and that but tell youself you will succeed but need a little time. I started bringing my girl out for a short walk using the carrier, at first she doesn't like it But after a few walk she enjoyed being carried in the carrier.

My recommendation is to buy a backpack to carry all baby stuffs and not using a sling bag. Jia You mummy!

How long can spray once? I means any limit or how often we can spray?
Can spray for a max period of 7 days only as per advise by my pd..

Then have to rest 7 days then can start again. ...

I used this spray before when my kids got flu.. it's very useful. ..

I do the same as Getaway Junkie. I have been bringing LO out since confinement ended. At first, I brought him out for short walks (about 20 mins) downstairs and short trips to the mall were accompanied by my mum or hubby.

When I got more confident to venture out on my own, I would make sure I've bathed and fed him before going out. Making him comfy so that he would not fuss when out. Feeding him prior would also mean that I won't have to feed him outside or I would have time to settle my stuff before he calls for his feed.

LO is around 9 weeks now and he enjoys his going out time very much. He is very curious about his surroundings so I guess it's also a way to engage and develop him.
Agree with feeding him first!! I rather go out later to accommodate his feeds and naps so that he is satisfied and happy!!

For lunch? Den how u pump outside? Bring bb to nursing room?

I juz nurse him when he gets hungry. Sometimes I go nursing room, but mostly I juz nurse him under a nursing cover.

good morning ladies! (even though I'm sure for a lot of us here, its no day no night... lol). i was just reading the earlier posts last night n thinking i better buy one bottle of the nasal spray to standby, then really this morning my bb went on a milk strike. wasn't sure if his nose was blocked (looks ok to me), or cos he had phlegm (was making abit of weird grunting sounds last night), but for his 8am feed, no matter how i coax, what position i put him in, he will scream n push the bottle away with his tongue n little fists. After 1.5 hrs, he only drank 60ml out of 130ml. Wah, the thought of having to pour the balance 70ml down the sink is downright depressing man. so finally i put him back in the cot, went back to my korean drama, n told myself i will try later. then 30 mins later, saw him stirring in his cot, so i quickly propped him into a sitting position while still in the cot, n stuck the bottle back into his mouth before he had a chance to think abt it. to my surprise, he actually started drinking. so i spent the next 15 mins hunched over my fixed side cot breaking my back, holding his body up with my wrist that felt like breaking, not daring to move, while he slowly finished the balance 70ml. haha, things we do for our babies.

i brought my bb out once he's full month, most times he's ok, usually he will fuss only if its too bright/too noisy/too cold. over stimulation. my bb likes it when he's moving, he will actually cry when we stop at a red light, n stop once the car moves again. i bring him for walks too, some mornings i will take a leisurely stroll along the kallang basin to the sports hub ntuc, he seems to enjoy it, except if it gets too warm.

can't believe its April already... where did the time go?! going back to work on the 13th, so depressing.

any of u thinking of bringing baby on a holiday? i have to go back to visit my MIL in June, but the thought of the long flight is causing me sleepless nights... worried abt fussy bb, worried abt jet lag n messing up his entire sleep cycle, n most of all, worried abt the logistics of pumping n feeding n cleaning bottles inflight. i know it will be easiest to DL, but I'm always paranoid if he is drinking enough. psychological barrier la. haiz if i can have my way, i will delay this trip till when bb is at least 1, but my MIL just had another minor stroke, really don't know how long more she can tahan, every time my hubby talks to her, she tells him she's just holding on till she sees our bb, like that how to delay? haiz haiz haiz.

good morning ladies! (even though I'm sure for a lot of us here, its no day no night... lol). i was just reading the earlier posts last night n thinking i better buy one bottle of the nasal spray to standby, then really this morning my bb went on a milk strike. wasn't sure if his nose was blocked (looks ok to me), or cos he had phlegm (was making abit of weird grunting sounds last night), but for his 8am feed, no matter how i coax, what position i put him in, he will scream n push the bottle away with his tongue n little fists. After 1.5 hrs, he only drank 60ml out of 130ml. Wah, the thought of having to pour the balance 70ml down the sink is downright depressing man. so finally i put him back in the cot, went back to my korean drama, n told myself i will try later. then 30 mins later, saw him stirring in his cot, so i quickly propped him into a sitting position while still in the cot, n stuck the bottle back into his mouth before he had a chance to think abt it. to my surprise, he actually started drinking. so i spent the next 15 mins hunched over my fixed side cot breaking my back, holding his body up with my wrist that felt like breaking, not daring to move, while he slowly finished the balance 70ml. haha, things we do for our babies.

i brought my bb out once he's full month, most times he's ok, usually he will fuss only if its too bright/too noisy/too cold. over stimulation. my bb likes it when he's moving, he will actually cry when we stop at a red light, n stop once the car moves again. i bring him for walks too, some mornings i will take a leisurely stroll along the kallang basin to the sports hub ntuc, he seems to enjoy it, except if it gets too warm.

can't believe its April already... where did the time go?! going back to work on the 13th, so depressing.

any of u thinking of bringing baby on a holiday? i have to go back to visit my MIL in June, but the thought of the long flight is causing me sleepless nights... worried abt fussy bb, worried abt jet lag n messing up his entire sleep cycle, n most of all, worried abt the logistics of pumping n feeding n cleaning bottles inflight. i know it will be easiest to DL, but I'm always paranoid if he is drinking enough. psychological barrier la. haiz if i can have my way, i will delay this trip till when bb is at least 1, but my MIL just had another minor stroke, really don't know how long more she can tahan, every time my hubby talks to her, she tells him she's just holding on till she sees our bb, like that how to delay? haiz haiz haiz.

oh u the one who marry ang moh?

What are the benefits like?

the endowment one is pretty straight forward, i buy it on my life, pay for 10 years, n it matures in 18 years. actually, working in wealth management, most of my colleagues will tell u its dumb to buy endowment plan, cos the rate of return (n not guaranteed somemore) is only abt 3% p.a. with a bit of homework, u can easily make 5 or 10 times of that if u choose the right stocks. but given that all my brain cells have dissipated with the lack of sleep, I'm in no condition to actively monitor a stock portfolio nowadays, so i will just treat it as another savings account. still better than the regular account interest of 0.05%, or fixed deposit interest of 0.125%.

the family 3 one is more interesting - i'm the policy holder, my son is the life assured. basically we pay 10 years, n starting year 2 onwards, there is a yearly cash payout, which u can choose to reinvest back for interest of 3%+. on my death, my son will become the policy holder. this policy will only pay out the sum assured when something happens to my son, so basically, its like a gift i'm giving to my grandchildren. so its a 3 generational thing. its kinda 2-in-1, figured i need to buy a whole life policy for my son anyway, plus it comes with annual payouts which u can cash out anytime, so if need be, we can cash out some payouts when he's going to college.

Tell me about it. My first day back at work today.... My hubby (who is at home with my MIL who is the caretaker while we're at work) told me that he drank only 80ml this morning, and 20ml at the 11am feed! Hope he is not on a milk strike! I told my hubby to try to dream feed him.... cuz if he doesn't finish within the hour, have to throw away the rest! I prep 120ml for him each time...*heartpain*

My bb also likes to be moving. He loves to be in the stroller and in the car, and once we stop moving he will fuss! Exactly the same as yours! Even when the car is slowing down, he will fuss! In the stroller, he likes to be "off-road", the bumpier the better...

oh so pretty! did you purchase from that website you gave? what currency is it in? and does the apron style nursing cover allow you to see LO while nursing?

Yup, can see LO while nursing, and it's quite airy, so he doesn't feel too hot.

You can buy on this site - http://www.allemom.sg/category.cfm?brand=bebe-au-lait&gclid=CKy70K-i1MQCFQsojgodoq4AUw

Mummies, any1 tried power pumping and does it really help in increasing milk supply?
SadlY my supply's been decreasing and its quite disheartening given tt i got to give formula to my boy 8 out of 10 tyms.
As I'm using a single pump, does the power pumping means i gt to double the tym for both breast?

Tell me about it. My first day back at work today.... My hubby (who is at home with my MIL who is the caretaker while we're at work) told me that he drank only 80ml this morning, and 20ml at the 11am feed! Hope he is not on a milk strike! I told my hubby to try to dream feed him.... cuz if he doesn't finish within the hour, have to throw away the rest! I prep 120ml for him each time...*heartpain*

My bb also likes to be moving. He loves to be in the stroller and in the car, and once we stop moving he will fuss! Exactly the same as yours! Even when the car is slowing down, he will fuss! In the stroller, he likes to be "off-road", the bumpier the better...

Yup, can see LO while nursing, and it's quite airy, so he doesn't feel too hot.

You can buy on this site - http://www.allemom.sg/category.cfm?brand=bebe-au-lait&gclid=CKy70K-i1MQCFQsojgodoq4AUw

They are very clever one lei... haha my gal also don't finish her milk when my hub feed her. luckily my mum feed her, she guai guai finish all..
How many times have you call home? haha

Back