IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

When I was with dr zou @ amk, it's twice a week up to ER. After ER, it's daily. For dr zhao, I am not sure. I juz started with her...but I know she has an ivf booster package.
Thanks so much bbpooh81...let's jia you tog n hope we wl hv bfp soon!!! :)

Hihi, I like to check with u ladies. How long will dr thh advise u to rest from 1st ivf attempt then after that try with frozen (if any)? This mth I suppose to go for ivf & waiting for af to come. I m thinking if I should defer 1 more mth due to work commitment. Any advise?

Hihi, I like to check with u ladies. How long will dr thh advise u to rest from 1st ivf attempt then after that try with frozen (if any)? This mth I suppose to go for ivf & waiting for af to come. I m thinking if I should defer 1 more mth due to work commitment. Any advise?
He usually advises ~2 months rest. If your work commitment will cause you to be stress, then I'd think its worthwhile to defer by 1 more month. IVF fresh cycles need to take Q #, while frozen cycle don't need to take Q #.

He usually advises ~2 months rest. If your work commitment will cause you to be stress, then I'd think its worthwhile to defer by 1 more month. IVF fresh cycles need to take Q #, while frozen cycle don't need to take Q #.
Must the 2 months be bedrest? I'm also waiting for my menses to start the ivf and I cannot take leaves in April .

Sorry!!! One more question...extensively is how often? Every 2 days or....??? Many thanks for the advise :)

Hi, jas249,
I m with Dr Zhao now.. Before ur cycle, accu will b Ard once a week. When ur cycle starts, it gets more intensive like once every alternate day or once every 3 days, depending on ur scans etc. eg. Increase accu if lining not yet reached ideal / follicles not growing well etc.

Must the 2 months be bedrest? I'm also waiting for my menses to start the ivf and I cannot take leaves in April .

@carebear72, the 2 month rest is meant to rest your body and not do any fresh or thaw cycle. This is so that your menses could be regulated before you start the next cycle. Daily routine as usual. My average break between failed cycles is about 3-4 months.

Hi, jas249,
I m with Dr Zhao now.. Before ur cycle, accu will b Ard once a week. When ur cycle starts, it gets more intensive like once every alternate day or once every 3 days, depending on ur scans etc. eg. Increase accu if lining not yet reached ideal / follicles not growing well etc.

Hi queenie122009, thanks so much for ur info. Ur info reali helps me alot :)

Just as I was planning to buy the digital HPT today, my hopes were dashed...i saw red, feeling so disappointed. I'm at 13dpt, and it was exactly the same on my last cycle that AF came. It started with spotting and over the next tormenting 24 hours, the red grew more and more and when I went for the BT as the nurse drew blood I cried as in my heart I already knew it was going to be a BFN.

Feeling sad that is going to be the same this time, and having to go through today will be a torture to the mind. I have no one to share my feelings with except for my hubby and hopefully get can some support here.

This is my 3rd cycle FET, from the beginning I told myself not to have too high expectation because I've only 1 embie left. For all of us who has done all that we can to prepare ourselves as much as possible (Tcm, acupuncture, eating specific foods), it feels losss each time to us when we get AF comes before BT...or get BFN at BT...

Just as I was planning to buy the digital HPT today, my hopes were dashed...i saw red, feeling so disappointed. I'm at 13dpt, and it was exactly the same on my last cycle that AF came. It started with spotting and over the next tormenting 24 hours, the red grew more and more and when I went for the BT as the nurse drew blood I cried as in my heart I already knew it was going to be a BFN.

Feeling sad that is going to be the same this time, and having to go through today will be a torture to the mind. I have no one to share my feelings with except for my hubby and hopefully get can some support here.

This is my 3rd cycle FET, from the beginning I told myself not to have too high expectation because I've only 1 embie left. For all of us who has done all that we can to prepare ourselves as much as possible (Tcm, acupuncture, eating specific foods), it feels losss each time to us when we get AF comes before BT...or get BFN at BT...
Hugs babe. I feel U. I really do. Like what u said- only us ladies here know what u go through. I am 12DPO today and I see pink discharge. It is over for me. I cannot go past 12DPO every cycle without seeing pink. Tomorrow will be streaky red and full red will come by tues or wed. Every cycle also like that. Sobs sobs.

Hi Mummies and mum-wanna-be,
Congrats to your little bundle of joy. Hope everyone is coping well. Am a silent reader here, only occasionally pop by...
Is anyone with Dr Tan Heng Hao at KKH throughout delivery? Can share your experience with him? Thanks so much in advance!

Last but not least, i wish everyone have your baby in arms the soonest! :p

Congrats to your little bundle of joy. Hope everyone is coping well. Am a silent reader here, only occasionally pop by...
Is anyone with Dr Tan Heng Hao at KKH throughout delivery? Can share your experience with him? Thanks so much in advance!

Hi Emily, I was with Dr Tan HH throughout my whole pregnancy last year. I delivered in November 2014.

Don't worry! You're in good hands under Dr Tan.

To all who see red before your BT:

Don't give up hope until you do your BT.

I saw red before my BT and I also thought it might be a gone case but to my surprise, it was a BFP! The bleeding continued and I tried to get all forms of support like increase my dosage of duphaston, according to the doctor's advice. Also injected progesterone jab. I was hospitalised and my HCG level dropped. My heart sank. 1 week later, I saw the sac and then the HB. And thank God for His love and blessing! I delivered my girl naturally last November. My girl is 4.5 months old now.

Hi Emily, I was with Dr Tan HH throughout my whole pregnancy last year. I delivered in November 2014.

Don't worry! You're in good hands under Dr Tan.
Thanks faithfullyours for assuring me :) great that after all the tough road, u have had your cute baby girl in your arms. Do enjoy your motherhood before she grows up fast! All e best and congrats to your bundle of JOY

Hugs babe. I feel U. I really do. Like what u said- only us ladies here know what u go through. I am 12DPO today and I see pink discharge. It is over for me. I cannot go past 12DPO every cycle without seeing pink. Tomorrow will be streaky red and full red will come by tues or wed. Every cycle also like that. Sobs sobs.
Hi Lemon Tart, how is your situation now? have you gone through your BT. Nothing is confirmed until we do our BT. So stay positive.

I cried buckets after my BT confirmed, I guess we just have to let go and then move on. I am taking a rest now until my next appointment with Dr Tan then from there decide what to do.

How many cycles have you been through?

Hi Lemon Tart, how is your situation now? have you gone through your BT. Nothing is confirmed until we do our BT. So stay positive.

I cried buckets after my BT confirmed, I guess we just have to let go and then move on. I am taking a rest now until my next appointment with Dr Tan then from there decide what to do.

How many cycles have you been through?
Hi Sonique2001, me too got a negative!!! I saw af on my 14dpt...today shld b my bt but i went yest to end the epsoide earlier..sun n yest was reali a v long n hard day for me...cried for 2 days but as u said, we need to let go n move on...

Btw, when is ur nxt appt wif dr tan? Mine is on 22 apr...

Hi Sonique2001, me too got a negative!!! I saw af on my 14dpt...today shld b my bt but i went yest to end the epsoide earlier..sun n yest was reali a v long n hard day for me...cried for 2 days but as u said, we need to let go n move on...

Btw, when is ur nxt appt wif dr tan? Mine is on 22 apr...
Is never easy, we feel better after we cry and let it out. My next appt is 29 Apr. Most probably I will be taking a break before I start the next cycle, maybe 6 months or so.

How about you?

Hi, me with him throughout IVF and pregnancy. A very gentle and assuring dr though quite busy. No regrets.

Hi all, I will be returning 200 red eggs to zhu sheng niang niang at toa payoh shuang lin temple on both coming fri (3 Apr) and sun (5 Apr) before 11am. Each day I will place 100 eggs. Please feel free to collect the red eggs.

Is never easy, we feel better after we cry and let it out. My next appt is 29 Apr. Most probably I will be taking a break before I start the next cycle, maybe 6 months or so.

How about you?
I shld be gg for FET in may or june...depends on wat dr tan suggest..

Went for IVF briefing and forms signed! :) Nurse advise NO chinese medicine during IVF process. not even after ET. But TSB said to drink after ET to boost chance. :eek: So confused!

Did any gals here drink chinese medi after ET?

Went for IVF briefing and forms signed! :) Nurse advise NO chinese medicine during IVF process. not even after ET. But TSB said to drink after ET to boost chance. :eek: So confused!

Did any gals here drink chinese medi after ET?

Hi twinkletot,

I did my ivf in late 2013 and took Chinese med too. Just gap 2hrs after ur jabs or supplements.

Depends on ur level of comfort. If u dun feel safe taking chinese med, just give it a miss.

Does anyone have updated news on Dr Tan HH leave? I am scanning now for FET and worried that I would have to transfer under another doc. Sigh...

Does anyone have updated news on Dr Tan HH leave? I am scanning now for FET and worried that I would have to transfer under another doc. Sigh...
Any idea when is ur FET? Im hving my review wif him on 22 apr...so if ur FET is nxt week, i supposed he wl b in nxt week..

Thanks ladies. I'm scheduled for ET this Sat and for my case, Dr Matthew Lau will be covering Dr Tan HH.
Savoured my cup of coffee today and told myself to be good gal (no alcohol, rationed coffee, more water, less work stress) from now on :)

Jiayou, bunnymuimui..
Any idea when is ur FET? Im hving my review wif him on 22 apr...so if ur FET is nxt week, i supposed he wl b in nxt week..
Dr Tan will be away from 16 to 18 Apr.

Thanks ladies. I'm scheduled for ET this Sat and for my case, Dr Matthew Lau will be covering Dr Tan HH.
Savoured my cup of coffee today and told myself to be good gal (no alcohol, rationed coffee, more water, less work stress) from now on :)
Hi bunnymuimui, may i know wat is the procedure for FET? R u doing natural or medicated FET? And any idea how many HL days given for FET? I shld b doing mine in may...n thinking to do endo scratch b4 my FET...thanks :)

Yes, you must be a good girl and perservere ! Jia You!

Hi, anybody take supplement for ivf?
Dhea 25g or 50g?
Royal jelly?

I have been taking conceive well for the past 3 months in preparation for my final fresh cycle this month.
Not sure if it has an impact. For my 1st fresh where i BFP-ed, me and dh also took multi-vits. For subsequent cycles (1 other fresh and 3 other thawed cyclesA), i din eat any supplements and all except for 1, BFN-ed. So this time round we started eating again, hoping it will condition my body for ivf.

Back