No period, pregnancy signs but negative tests!

dinky7

My period is usually on time, and my cycle is regular (30 days). It doesn't vary. And I have never missed a period before, I have 12 periods, every year ever since I started menstruating and it comes on time. We are trying to get pregnant and this month,my period is late by 5 days already. I have done two pregnancy tests (I bought the Guardian house brand) and both show negative. I have also been feeling fatigue and nausea (for the past 1.5- 2 weeks). What is going on? Can such a thing happen?

My husband said could it be due to the cheapo test kit I bought? I am so worried, does this mean my HCG levels are low? Ectopic?

Hi dinky7, I also used the guardian hse brand and it doesn't show clearly. I just bot the clear blue digital and I got a BFP. So u might want to get that to cnf ur suspicious. Now watsons having 20% off so it's less than $20 for it.
Hope u got gd news!!

My period is usually on time, and my cycle is regular (30 days). It doesn't vary. And I have never missed a period before, I have 12 periods, every year ever since I started menstruating and it comes on time. We are trying to get pregnant and this month,my period is late by 5 days already. I have done two pregnancy tests (I bought the Guardian house brand) and both show negative. I have also been feeling fatigue and nausea (for the past 1.5- 2 weeks). What is going on? Can such a thing happen?

My husband said could it be due to the cheapo test kit I bought? I am so worried, does this mean my HCG levels are low? Ectopic?

Hi there, the best could be to have it tested at your family doctor. Good luck :)

The best is go to GP and check, at least can give u a peace of mind and advise u what to look out for if u really bingo. Can claim company's medical hehehe .....better than buying kits and donno what to do next and waste money.
Good luck :)

Well... just to share my experience. In jan, hb n I were trying for a baby too. Menses didn't come for a week and we thought we hit the jackpot! Bought the test kit and it turned out negative. Tried the second time a few days later, still negative. A day after the second test, my menses came.

Decided to take it easy and try again. Come March... my menses came late for a week again. Decided to wait after my Jan experience (my period had been always been very accurate). I had brown blood after the 8th day my menses was to come. Again I was disappointed as I thought my menses is here.

However, the brown blood came and went and came and went... carried on for a week. Decided to test and it turned out positive! Didn't believe the test kit so I did another test and it had the same result.

However, the bleeding didn't really stop and I got worried. Went to see a gynae the very next day. Thankfully, baby was in the womb and the bleeding could be due to a lack of hormones so I was prescribed dydrogesterone. Baby was still a Lil beanie at 5 weeks old but could see the heart flickering!

However, I am still spotting despite having taken the dydrogesterone for almost a week... gynae told me to increase the dosage and to monitor closely.

Have anyone had the same experience?

Well... just to share my experience. In jan, hb n I were trying for a baby too. Menses didn't come for a week and we thought we hit the jackpot! Bought the test kit and it turned out negative. Tried the second time a few days later, still negative. A day after the second test, my menses came.

Decided to take it easy and try again. Come March... my menses came late for a week again. Decided to wait after my Jan experience (my period had been always been very accurate). I had brown blood after the 8th day my menses was to come. Again I was disappointed as I thought my menses is here.

However, the brown blood came and went and came and went... carried on for a week. Decided to test and it turned out positive! Didn't believe the test kit so I did another test and it had the same result.

However, the bleeding didn't really stop and I got worried. Went to see a gynae the very next day. Thankfully, baby was in the womb and the bleeding could be due to a lack of hormones so I was prescribed dydrogesterone. Baby was still a Lil beanie at 5 weeks old but could see the heart flickering!

However, I am still spotting despite having taken the dydrogesterone for almost a week... gynae told me to increase the dosage and to monitor closely.

Congrats mummy to be! Sorry I can't share much as did not experience spotting. Yes, during the 1st scan, gynae will look out for the 'blinking light'. However, I had very bad morning sickness till went to A&E :( I hope you do not have to go through the same MS as me though.

Normally during first trimester, the visit is about 5-6 weeks interval. In view of your spotting, did he increase the frequency? Maybe I'm just paranoid but I try not to take any form of medication if possible during pregnancy. When I was having awful morning sickness, gynae prescribed domperidone which helped me but I end up being reliant on it from 1st trimester till 8th month of pregnancy when MS subsided. Its like I try to stop taking it for a day or two, till I can't take it, then I take 1 pill.

I'm not sure if the prescribed medication for you could be consumed in such a manner, but the lesser medication the better I guess as what we eat goes to the baby :)

The medication dr prescribed for her is Progestrone med to support her pregnancy and hold the baby. Sometimes spotting could be low Progestrone which is why gynae can give support jab or higher dose. Please do not ask people to not take the medication without knowing what the drug is for. Different medication serve different purpose n it could save her baby.

The medication dr prescribed for her is Progestrone med to support her pregnancy and hold the baby. Sometimes spotting could be low Progestrone which is why gynae can give support jab or higher dose. Please do not ask people to not take the medication without knowing what the drug is for. Different medication serve different purpose n it could save her baby.

With no ill intentions, its to share on 'possible' side effects of medication. To add, I've also indicated 'i'm not sure if the medication could be consumed in such a manner'. Please do not make it sound like i'm trying to harm a fellow mummy to be.

Well U are suggesting the lesser the medication the better as it will go to the baby. Your suggestion can lead to someone being paranoid n stop her medication.

Well U are suggesting the lesser the medication the better as it will go to the baby. Your suggestion can lead to someone being paranoid n stop her medication.

Do not wish to commence on a discussion over the amount of medication required as both of us arent experts here. We are here to share our experiences through prior or current pregnancies and hope mummies benefit from these. Fellow mummy to be, do take good care of yourself and thread along proper medical guidance as advised by your gynae. Only he / she knows best :)

Hi xxMINZxx,

I had spotting too and was on progesterone 2 times a day (Duphaston from week 6 to week 12) to stabilise the pregnancy. When i stopped the medicine at week 12, everything was ok until week 13 I had a very bad tummy pain in the middle of the night and went to KKH A&E at 1am+. Baby was ok and doctor do not know the reason for the tummy pain. Was then prescribed Utrogestan 2 times a day for 2 weeks to support the pregnancy. I finished the entire course of both medicine and so far, so good. Now I am into my 30 weeks already :)

I also took duphaston during week 8-12.. Did my research on it, and like what its stated, its to support the pregnancy due to light spotting/bleeding. Now at 35 weeks :)

@dinky7 , so hows the result so far? Hope got gd news :) normally after 4weeks den more accurate, gynae will see u by 8weeks, but can jus pop by any GP or even kkh to get it checked. All the best

I was prescribed duphaston too... but only 2 times a day for a week. Just yesterday, gynae checked on me and asked me to increase to 3 times a day and see how first since my spotting didn't stop. Hope the dosage isn't too much. Oh dear... hope everything goes smoothly for you, icyjol!

I was prescribed duphaston and took the jab for my 1st pregnancy too as I have spotting/bleeding. This medication made my hair dropped so much that I nearly become botak (lol, just kidding). I did noticed alot of hairs on the floor while doing my sweep.

For the threadstarter, don't stress of TTC. My menses are always very on the dot too other than my first pregnancy (I have the feel I strike then). My menses was late for 6 days for in Feb. I know I am not pregnant because of all the BFN test and I don't have the same feeling as the 1st pregnancy though people always say every pregnancy is different. I am more worried that something is wrong with my body so I booked an appt with my gynae for checkup, just after putting down the phone. It came.

@diamondfericia, oh? The medication induces hair loss? That's scary! And the gynae just increased my dosage from 20mg to 30mg!!!

I know what u meant... I was very worried when I don't have the pregnant feeling and yet menses come so late. Esp when blood was super dark n it came on n off...

Thanks @mawby84! I'm still quite unsettled since spotting is still here and can't see the gynae yet. Nothing beats the gynae saying baby is fine after the scan etc... realised I also committed a lot of the 'nonos' alrdy...

Oh dear... ur MS sounds really bad! I hope it gets better with time. I also want to minimise consumption of medication , but I guess it can't b helped n since gynae said it's supposed to help stabilise the baby, I guess at the end of the day, it's worth it.

Ya! I did tell the nurse on the hair falling. Maybe the hormones change while consuming the medication.

For those taking duphaston, may I know whether did you vomit or feel nausea? I read that if you do vomit or feel nausea, it means that you are carrying the baby well. As for myself, I didn't. Besides the toothpaste made me feel like vomitting. Other than that, I am very fine.

Oh dear.. I'm sorry if I caused some unnecessarily unhealthy discussion here. Apologies. Only meant to hear how's it like n find out more. My actual gynae like not v responsive while the temporary one seems more eager to help me... I know it's best to stick to one gynae but I was desperate n anxious...

Oh dear.. I'm sorry if I caused some unnecessarily unhealthy discussion here. Apologies. Only meant to hear how's it like n find out more. My actual gynae like not v responsive while the temporary one seems more eager to help me... I know it's best to stick to one gynae but I was desperate n anxious...
Minz Progestrone med is actually necessary to stable a baby. Maybe cause you conceive naturally which is why U feel that too much med will affect your baby but it does not. In ivf all the girls would want more Progestrone to support the baby and stable the pregnancy n avoid miscarriage. Girls who have miscarriage before know the importance Progestrone to stabilize pregnancy so if U want to stop pls check with your gynae cos it is not good to stop suddenly as this will cause Progestrone to drop.

@Jumbo girl... understand what you are saying. I think I'm now just very anxious, worried and quite upset with my regular gynae. So sad that she doesn't think it's urgent enough to squeeze me a slot to see me. Also, my med enough to last me only till this Sunday and she told me to go outside to buy. Ftm n this is new... how I know where to buy?! So I gotta rely on my frd gynae now. Yupz... I don't mind taking the med for as long as I need... so long as my baby is safe n sound n healthy

@Jumbo girl... understand what you are saying. I think I'm now just very anxious, worried and quite upset with my regular gynae. So sad that she doesn't think it's urgent enough to squeeze me a slot to see me. Also, my med enough to last me only till this Sunday and she told me to go outside to buy. Ftm n this is new... how I know where to buy?! So I gotta rely on my frd gynae now. Yupz... I don't mind taking the med for as long as I need... so long as my baby is safe n sound n healthy

Mmm better to change to a more dedicated gynae while still early in preg. Take care.

@Jumbo girl... I did consider changing gynae to that friend of mine. However, she's supposed to be on maternity leave!

Think the gynae I'm with should be OK if I broke my appointments 2 weeks earlier.

Hmmm.... I don't feel naseau or vomit while consuming the dydrogesterone. Should b normal right? Can't wait for the next scan.

I just did my own calculation of estimated delivery... should be Nov!

She's at Gleneagles. My friend was under her and she said she's really good and caring.... maybe because she hasn't really seen me for a scan or she's really busy and fully scheduled. =( Hope things turn out better else I will really change.

Dinky7, have you checked again? What's the latest result?

It's always best to check with a registered clinic or physician. I'm not too sure how reliable the otc pregnancy kits are but its good to have a check up for yourself too. who knows there may be other underlying worries or concerns. do hope nothing bad happens though :)

It happened to me also, exactly e same situation as u bt it was my 3rd pregnancy. After a week, I bought clear blue pregnancy test kit n it shows a faint positive....I tnk hse brand test kit does not work tt well w initial stage of pregnancy

Hi Ladies, i am new here. I am 34 and have missed my period for 5 days. Usually my period is accurate and punctual. I tested on 1st, 3rd, 5th day of missed period but all turned negative. I have some pregnancy symptoms like fatigue, increased appetite, nausea and recently, more firm breasts.

I hope i am preg but these test results are making me worried that i have something wrong with my body... :(

JC

Hi Ladies, i am new here. I am 34 and have missed my period for 5 days. Usually my period is accurate and punctual. I tested on 1st, 3rd, 5th day of missed period but all turned negative. I have some pregnancy symptoms like fatigue, increased appetite, nausea and recently, more firm breasts.

I hope i am preg but these test results are making me worried that i have something wrong with my body... :(

JC

@JovyClovy, are your test strips all from the same brand? Maybe you could get those which are more sensitive i.e. with xx weeks pregnant type of indicators? Good luck!

@JovyClovy, are your test strips all from the same brand? Maybe you could get those which are more sensitive i.e. with xx weeks pregnant type of indicators? Good luck!
I have used Watson, Clear Blue and Guardian kits and tested every alternate days. As of yesterday, still negative on Guardian kit. :(
Going crazy from speculations with those symptoms but just no positive results.

Hi all , not sure the thread is still active , please reply to my concerns if anyone had any experience same as me .

I had a miscarriage last year july , ever since we were trying to conceive .

finally i got a positive on last tuesday which was 12 days after positive ovulation. But on the same day night i got a bright red spotting on my panty liner and next day morning i got another spotting again, which made me worried . But clear blue digital shows pregnant with 2 -3 weeks on that day morning . Due to spotting i went to see Dr Benjamin tham , but due to emergency appointment i couldn't see him and saw another associate Dr Madeleine Tan, she couldn't see any traces of baby while scanning( it could be too early ) , but gave me progesterone to support , taken blood and urine for testing and need to go for second follow up on tomorrow which i will be seeing Dr Banjamin Tham . But yesterday when i tested again using watson's brand it was a very faint line and today i used a clear blue digital which shows not pregnant , im so worried now
please share with me your experience , can you be still pregnant ? any one had any experience before ?

many thanks in advance

Back