(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Any mummies having morning sickness back in third trimester? I am week 29 now and vomiting is back. Arrghhh.. there are still so many things i want to eat. And can't sleep at night, still thinking if i should get a pregnancy pillow but all so expensive.

my MS is back in the 3rd trimester but no vomitting just the sick nauseating feeling thats sooo terrible...happens only after i take the supplements

my MS is back in the 3rd trimester but no vomitting just the sick nauseating feeling thats sooo terrible...happens only after i take the supplements

I feel terrible after supplement too. vomitting started although not as bad as first trimester (keeping finger cross). Argghh... bad ache some more.. how you all tahan. I feel like taking mc and go back home already... :(

I feel terrible after supplement too. Vomitting started although not as bad as 1st trimester (keeping finger crossed). Back ache too ... how you all tahan, i feel like taking MC and go home already :(

I am having morning sickness throughout..... I will definitely vomit in the morning.... but noticed the vomitting seems to be coming back..... although not as bad as 1st trim.... but now I will vomit after every meals.....

I feel terrible after supplement too. Vomitting started although not as bad as 1st trimester (keeping finger crossed). Back ache too ... how you all tahan, i feel like taking MC and go home already :(

backache is terrible..... but i'm suffering from sleepless nights at times.... just like today I woke up at 3+am and awake till 6+am.... then managed to fall asleep till 8+am.... End up I have to tell my boss that I will be coming in later to the office..... sigh.....

backache is terrible..... but i'm suffering from sleepless nights at times.... just like today I woke up at 3+am and awake till 6+am.... then managed to fall asleep till 8+am.... End up I have to tell my boss that I will be coming in later to the office..... sigh.....
me too. I keep tossing here and there. I having headache from the sleepless night too. And guess what, i still need to work on the weekend. This is so so so sian. I feel so sick now.. lunch time and no appetite to eat anything.

I just went for the child education course at mt a. Very enriching for first time parents. Today is the 4th lesson. Talked about what to prepare for labour and what exactly to expect. Looked at double and single maternity wards and delivery ward as it were available. my husband wasnt able to accompany me today so i asked a friend to come along with me. I asked if she would wanna take up tt kinda course with her husband, she say she not interested. Well i guess if u very interested and excited abt the delivery of ur child, u would wanna attend the course. Cant wait for the next lesson on breast feeding!

I just went for the child education course at mt a. Very enriching for first time parents. Today is the 4th lesson. Talked about what to prepare for labour and what exactly to expect. Looked at double and single maternity wards and delivery ward as it were available. my husband wasnt able to accompany me today so i asked a friend to come along with me. I asked if she would wanna take up tt kinda course with her husband, she say she not interested. Well i guess if u very interested and excited abt the delivery of ur child, u would wanna attend the course. Cant wait for the next lesson on breast feeding!
I've attended all 6 lessons and agree it is really valuable and informative.My hubby went through all sessions with me and at least he got to learn and know together as well.As compared to courses held by other hospitals..Mt A fees is most reasonable and especially you are giving birth there..sometimes I do look forward to the snack time as I enjoyed their sandwich hehe....

Any mummies having morning sickness back in third trimester? I am week 29 now and vomiting is back. Arrghhh.. there are still so many things i want to eat. And can't sleep at night, still thinking if i should get a pregnancy pillow but all so expensive.

I find having a regular bolster helps. Dun need the fancy pregnancy pillow

I was there yesterday as well... :)

I've attended all 6 lessons and agree it is really valuable and informative.My hubby went through all sessions with me and at least he got to learn and know together as well.As compared to courses held by other hospitals..Mt A fees is most reasonable and especially you are giving birth there..sometimes I do look forward to the snack time as I enjoyed their sandwich hehe....
I saw the food prepared on their powerpoint slides. Made me look forward to eating when im there already. Hahaha

me too. I keep tossing here and there. I having headache from the sleepless night too. And guess what, i still need to work on the weekend. This is so so so sian. I feel so sick now.. lunch time and no appetite to eat anything.

no matter how, must really take care ya..... esp now into last trim.... no appetite also must eat a little bit to keep moving.... cos your baby need the nutrients to grow healthy and well.... sometimes, a porridge is still better than nothing....

so good that some of u get good experiences on the anenatal classes ..

for mine at nuh...it is not good at all :( I just finished the express class today and I so so disappointed!! ..expected say at least a dummy bb for each couple to practice on..or else say 1 dummy share with a few couples but nothing ...no yoga mats not balls for us individual ..I feel short changed..just sitting on lecture chairs for almost the whole duration! until pain in the butt! will feedback to nuh abt it!

so good that some of u get good experiences on the anenatal classes ..

for mine at nuh...it is not good at all :( I just finished the express class today and I so so disappointed!! ..expected say at least a dummy bb for each couple to practice on..or else say 1 dummy share with a few couples but nothing ...no yoga mats not balls for us individual ..I feel short changed..just sitting on lecture chairs for almost the whole duration! until pain in the butt! will feedback to nuh abt it!

i thot normally got at least a dummy bb to practice?

yup that was what I tot so too! but no lor...the dummy only for instructor to show us in front

I attended the normal classes over a few weekends..we had bb dummies : ) think partly express classes are shorter thats y no time for mothers to practise..every 4h we spend in normal class, express class has to finish it in 3h

I attended the normal classes over a few weekends..we had bb dummies : ) think partly express classes are shorter thats y no time for mothers to practise..every 4h we spend in normal class, express class has to finish it in 3h
not really ..we dun hv the breast-feeding topic covered and also hv excess of 1 hour still..(this 1 hour could be like 30mins for birth positions/exercises etc and 30mins can hands on bb dummy) as in total time should be we paid for 7hrs. Initially 1st part of the class 10am-1pm, but then classes ended at 12pm. then 2pm-6pm, classes ended 5pm+, but only 4 of us couples stayed back to ask questions until 5.55pm ..so I think we r very shortchanged. I do not recommend anyone take the express course:(

Last edited:
who was ur instructor? Or is it different everytime?

not really ..we dun hv the breast-feeding topic covered and also hv excess of 1 hour still..(this 1 hour could be like 30mins for birth positions/exercises etc and 30mins can hands on bb dummy) as in total time should be we paid for 7hrs. Initially 1st part of the class 10am-1pm, but then classes ended at 12pm. then 2pm-6pm, classes ended 5pm+, but only 4 of us couples stayed back to ask questions until 5.55pm ..so I think we r very shortchanged. I do not recommend anyone take the express course:(

Actually bf not to worry too much..after u give birth the lactation nurse will teach n help u..every baby And breast is different So the method taught will b different too..especially u r with twins, So I guess it Might b more challenging also?

If u wan I can email u the notes I have when I attend the bf lesson, she also provided us with this hotline that we can call if we face Any bf problem

Actually bf not to worry too much..after u give birth the lactation nurse will teach n help u..every baby And breast is different So the method taught will b different too..especially u r with twins, So I guess it Might b more challenging also?

If u wan I can email u the notes I have when I attend the bf lesson, she also provided us with this hotline that we can call if we face Any bf problem
I am actually rather disappointed on the waste of 1 hr mainly cos I find that we could use it to practice on dummy bb (if we were given the chance)..as for breastfeeding im actually ok without it as prior to signing up, I was informed that while the express class is without this breastfeeding topic, all the rest are the same as the normal weekly classes--and with that, I presumed that the classes includes in class hands on opportunities. Although I know from prior that after birthing, we will hv our bbs to hands-on in the maternity ward +tel nbrs too...but I feel that being first time parents, the chance to practice with a dummy bb before to get a feel (though not real) of the methods like holding/carrying bb etc are very much welcomed anytime. One can make mistakes in slipping bb dummies in a tub but for real flesh&blood, any mistakes will be grave/unforgivable. As for breastfeeding notes, I hv them, it was given to us in the form of a book together with all the other notes so we can read up and I saw that youtube also has many videos showing how....just that thanks for the offer though :) dun mah fan you lah..I paiseh hehe

i am so glad this weekend is a short week with a public holiday on Friday. i am counting down to thursday already hahah. This weekend is my gynane appointment, so looking forward to seeing baby again. and this time round, bringing my gal along - told her we are going to see mei mei together. Hope she understands what i trying to say cos she is less than 2 years old haha

i am so glad this weekend is a short week with a public holiday on Friday. i am counting down to thursday already hahah. This weekend is my gynane appointment, so looking forward to seeing baby again. and this time round, bringing my gal along - told her we are going to see mei mei together. Hope she understands what i trying to say cos she is less than 2 years old haha
May and June also got PH! Which I'm looking forward too haha.. This weekend I'm going for my hospital tour too :D next Saturday then is my gynea appointment still got one more week to go :(

i also looking forward to the short week.... yeah.... which means Friday no need wake up early for work :)

May and June also got PH! Which I'm looking forward too haha.. This weekend I'm going for my hospital tour too :D next Saturday then is my gynea appointment still got one more week to go :(
I never go for hospital tour before. what do they usually show ar?

i also looking forward to the short week.... yeah.... which means Friday no need wake up early for work :)
Ya, i am so looking forward to sleep in later. So so tired everyday. My eye is closing now while i typing too kekeke.

It's a different instructor everytime depending on topics.

Every session is 2h And usually the last 30min will be used for hands on.
i took the normal class on Saturdays and we are given 1 dummy to hands on..... maybe that's the disadvantage of express class?

I never go for hospital tour before. what do they usually show ar?

Ya, i am so looking forward to sleep in later. So so tired everyday. My eye is closing now while i typing too kekeke.
This is also my first hospital tour :) I think will show the rooms ba and maybe some admission stuff? I only going for mount A one coz I planned to deliver there liao

This is also my first hospital tour :) I think will show the rooms ba and maybe some admission stuff? I only going for mount A one coz I planned to deliver there liao

Hi @Ice_Tea , me going to the hospital tour at Mount A in mid April. Do share how is it like.. what will they show you...

Hi @Ice_Tea , me going to the hospital tour at Mount A in mid April. Do share how is it like.. what will they show you...

During the tour , they will explain to you on the admission details, what documents to bring, what the maternity package includes and price etc..

They will bring you to see the different rooms types (subject to availability on that day) and delivery ward and the nursery.

Last edited:
Hello @ShyKaren, i went for Gleneagles maternity tour last month. The tour lasted slightly over an hour, ending w a small refreshment session when the in-house chef whips up some delectable pastries and small bites for couples. The tour includes standard touring of room types, admin procedures when in labour, and ended with a stemcord session and a short parentcraft briefing. Hope this helps :)

Back