Which electric breast pump is good?

Fayna koh

Hi mummies.

I need some helps/advises in choosing a good electric pump for breast feeding as this is my first pregnancy, do not know which brand is good and afforable (Meaning able to pump milk out) .

I have used at least 5 types and models, so I can comment :)
- AMEDA is great value for money. Double pump. Effective, Efficient, and would always be my choice. Cost $200+
- MADELA swing - Single is not worth the investment
- MADELA DUAL at $700+ does the job that AMEDA does. Unless you want to be walking around while pumping (not recommended!!).

Also, the advice is, most of us are too used to multi tasking, too used to texting, or walking around, we are very restless. Restless is not very good for pumping milk or breastfeeding. We should be relaxed and more or less focused. E.g. when breastfeeding, just concentrate on the baby. Savor the moments cos it won't last too long. Read a book or a magazine. When pumping, the same. Set up the place, so that you can read a book or magazine... do nothing else.

Hi Fayna,

If possible, please choose dual breast pump instead of single breast pump so that you could save time. The breast pump choice also depends whether you want to use it at homes (bulkier) or at work(portable) ones on top of your budget.

You could consider Medela Freestyle (portable ones) or Medela Pump In style (bulkier ones). The Medela PIS can pump faster than Medela Freestyle however it is bulky and thus more suitable for home's use.
If you are on budget, you could consider the Korean brand, Spectra... Spectra S1 (home's usage) or Spectra M1 (office's usage). Hope this helps.

Back