(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies,just a question. Can we still fit into those Uniqlo camisoles or are you all talking about wearing them after birth?

Hi, do I need to bring my own electric breast pump? Will hospital charge for using theirs?

TIA

Best to bring, either for hygiene purpose or comfort (getting used to the pump is important). But i didnt bring mine previously, cos i force myself to latch baby... And also too tired to pump. Since i stayed one night next day went home only pray milk faster flow. But this time i will bring.
Oh, and some prefers to bring own milk bottles, cos hospital using those disposable latext teats, jus screw on the fm den throw away. And u can check with the hospital if they can spoon feed, and what brand fm they using, as some moms have their own personal preferences

I asked the same question during hospital tour, but they said better not, as don't have place to sterilize. Now I'm confused should bring or not? :confused:

I asked the same question during hospital tour, but they said better not, as don't have place to sterilize. Now I'm confused should bring or not? :confused:

For me i normally bring the bottle soap to wash and boil hot water from the kettle to sterilise. But i doubt first night got milk...normally from what i asked ard, is 3rd day den will start the flow, but there are those whose milk supply comes in within 3hr of delivery too..
Agree with @PixiePosh good to check it out .... Or if need den just rent a day or 2.

Hi mummies,just a question. Can we still fit into those Uniqlo camisoles or are you all talking about wearing them after birth?

Hehe.. I'm thinking only before birth as after birth I will be using nursing bra.. if it is still the promo deal $19.90 then can buy.. hehe.. since it looks like a spag top and can easily wear a jacket to go with it

Just got a good buy when going for supper:
PicsArt_1427550056000.jpg
Didn't know there's such a thing.. hehe..

Any mummies experience numbness/slight burning sensation below the breasts? 'Top ribcage' part?
I know exactly what you are talking about. Been suffering from that since 5 months apparently because I'm small sized. Doc said its normal cause baby pushing up against ribs but most of times when it happens especially now it's very pain. To a point where I feel it's like spongy and numb prickly swollen but inside kind of feeling. I try to arch my back to create some "space" to breathe and relieve some pain but still pretty bad. Read online have to wait until baby move down then got some space and will feel some freedom from the rib pain but then we will have new pain below -_-"

Hehe.. I'm thinking only before birth as after birth I will be using nursing bra.. if it is still the promo deal $19.90 then can buy.. hehe.. since it looks like a spag top and can easily wear a jacket to go with it

Just got a good buy when going for supper:
View attachment 508152
Didn't know there's such a thing.. hehe..

Haha ya the extension, previously got mummies mention bout getting it since boobs n body expand.. But i din know gt sell pack of 3 in 3 colous too...

Any mummies experience numbness/slight burning sensation below the breasts? 'Top ribcage' part?
Yes... my top right side underbust area.. lasted for a few weeks/months before it is gone. I asked my gynae last checkup but was briefly assured of pains are very common.. :(

Recently I have constant headache till I apply axe oil on forehead for a few times daily.. :confused:

Last edited:
I know exactly what you are talking about. Been suffering from that since 5 months apparently because I'm small sized. Doc said its normal cause baby pushing up against ribs but most of times when it happens especially now it's very pain. To a point where I feel it's like spongy and numb prickly swollen but inside kind of feeling. I try to arch my back to create some "space" to breathe and relieve some pain but still pretty bad. Read online have to wait until baby move down then got some space and will feel some freedom from the rib pain but then we will have new pain below -_-"
Yah sometimes it gets very painful and uncomfortable. Im very petite.
Glad to hear its normal... Really hope its nothing serious... And hope this feeling goes away soon... I have trouble positioning myself in bed esp now im in my 30th week mark...

Ohhh, din know caused by baby pushing up...haha. Been experiencing the "pain below" for 2 weeks.. Getting worse... Dont remember the pain being so intense either.

Yes... my top right side underbust area.. lasted for a few weeks before it is gone. I asked my gynae last checkup but was briefly assured of pains are very common.. :(

Recently I have constant headache till I apply axe oil on forehead for a few times daily.. :confused:
Thank god its common... Probably the nerves, huh...

Headache? Oh dear.. Rest well!

Thank god its common... Probably the nerves, huh...

Headache? Oh dear.. Rest well!
Initially I thought it's my bra.. hahaa... but there is no bruise or anything like that.. and even after changing to the bratop, the pain is still there..

I realised I'm almost among the 1st few to experience the pains.. hahaha... currently in 33rd+ week.. headache started about 5days ago. . And experiencing at least once daily.. :confused:

My hubby thought I'm giving new pattern everyday:mad: box him! Hahahaa...

I bought the bra camisole to try n like it as it is very comfortable. My only comment is too hot but some mummies here suggested to wash it couple of times and it will be better :)
oww.. its cotton and hot? I might buy bra camisole with lace hehe.. :) thinking whether to get 1 or 2..

was at their prenatal talk yday. they do offer trial tasting but i cannot remember when. i submit the form for their TCM herbal care and the trial date is on that paper

I also went! I havnt bought mrs wong boh boi books.. did u buy? I thot of getting 2nd hand books lol..

The bra extension can be bought from ABC shops or value$ shops. Cheap2. Can last throughout the pregnancy term tho.

Swap test is to test for vagina infection?

Swap test procedure is wat at?

Swab test usually done a few wks before delivery to test for infections dat could be passed on to bb during delivery. Just a simple cotton bud swab at the vaginal area.

If hv infection, either take oral antibiotics or hv it intravenously during delivery itself. But its not a serious issue ah.

Up to you i guess. Wat i'll do is sterilize my pump first, put in ziplock bag. Then same as furbee, bring along a small bottle of the baby bottle cleaning detergent to wash when necessary. Of cos latching is the best, and hopefully the nurses will teach you how to. Im jus bringing in case lor.

Im week 32 day 3 today.
In kkh since wed night 11pm.
At first i was experiencing hardening since wed 830pm. Then i was thinking why it didnt stop after 2 hours. So i checked in thinking it was false alarm. End up admitted.
Throughout these few days i experienced the worse contractions.
Now im 1.5cm dilated :(

Hope i can be discharged soon man.

Im week 32 day 3 today.
At first i was experiencing hardening since wed 830pm. Then i was thinking why it didnt stop after 2 hours. So i checked in thinking it was false alarm. End up admitted.

Hope u will be discharge soon mommymich, don't worry too much! Jia you!

@mommymich u still havent discharge? Any updates or suggestion by doc if they dont discharge or even discharge u? Hope u r feeling better, talk more to bb.... *hugs*

Im week 32 day 3 today.

Oh dear, hope everything is under control now and you'll be able to head back home to rest soon. Take good care!

Me. Have that feeling since week 28 and talk to my gynae. He check everything and said everything is ok, no need to worry. He said my placenta is there and there are a lot of nerves there, so I might feel uncomfortable. He said do not rub or massage. If very pain, he can give me pain killer. I would rather 忍 than eating pain killer.

Im week 32 day 3 today.

@mommymich, how r u doing now? hope everything is ok.

Back