(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Same situation as me plus I am only going to hit 3 months in 3 weeks time. HR and supervisor had a talk with me and said if I can't meet the KPIs and expectations, I will be asked to leave. Feeling really down.

Oh dear, that is too harsh of them! Did you tell them that u are preggy? They can't just sack U like that.

I think due to my age (37), I can only feel assured by doing both .. Another kiasu one here ;D
can totally understand you...cos I am 35 too.... adjusting the ratio from 1:257 to 1:1600 is not so super good in my opinion since younger mothers have 16000 ratio...
check with you gynae, if at TMC, can just request the NT scan only... If not wrong, they wrote it as A2 test (ultrasound only)

can totally understand you...cos I am 35 too.... adjusting the ratio from 1:257 to 1:1600 is not so super good in my opinion since younger mothers have 16000 ratio...
check with you gynae, if at TMC, can just request the NT scan only... If not wrong, they wrote it as A2 test (ultrasound only)

Thanks. I'll check with gyne when i see her:) when wil your harmony result be out?:)

I just got my oscar scan result. Im having twins. Twin 1 is in high risk ratio 1:19 and twin 2 is in low risk. But me n my husband decided not to go for furture test.cause i heard harmony test is not accurate for twins. N i cant do omnia due to i have quite a lot of fibroids. So just have faith with my two lil one. N wish for the best. I just pray for two healthy baby.

Hi sardonyx, are u doing any harmony or OSCAR test? I requested to see with my gynae right before the test since he's not the one doing the test for me. That's around 12 weeks. My last visit was at 8 weeks. I think if u have concerns u can call to schedule an appointment earlier..

Thanks yammidough. But I'm not taking the tests as whatever the results, we're keeping the baby. So no point taking the tests. :)

after 12 weeks of everything going smoothly without issues, I suddenly had brown n slight pinkish discharge yesterday and cramps n pain in the tummy for a brief while today.

will be going for my OSCAR test tmr morning and am really crossing fingers everything is going well...

Mummyang good luck for your test today. I went Oscar yesterday and got my results. Cleared my Oscar..BTW your bladder must be full when do Oscar. If bb cooperative. Oscar v fast. Load off my mind because I will be 36 soon

Good for u:) what is your ratio of your Oscar test ?

My report risk shows I must have results less than 1:300. My result was 1:28. Ultrasound shows high nasal bone..so doc says should not be a problem.

My report risk shows I must have results less than 1:300. My result was 1:28. Ultrasound shows high nasal bone..so doc says should not be a problem.
I think maternal age also contribute to the ratio. Me too, 37 this year. I know ratio sure will be quite Jia lat. but As long as gyne assures U is Okie, U can rest assured:) one hurdle off for u !:) Jia you! :)

May I know the nasal bone height?
Cause my ratio is 1:19 but my doc did not explain about the bone n ask me go for harmony test.

Last edited:
Mummyang good luck for your test today. I went Oscar yesterday and got my results. Cleared my Oscar..BTW your bladder must be full when do Oscar. If bb cooperative. Oscar v fast. Load off my mind because I will be 36 soon

thanks kiwichia! completed my Oscar this morning and baby is growing well. super relieved. measurements wise the person doing the ultrasound says all is good, now pending the blood test results that will be out early next week.

finally entering the 2nd trimester!

Hi mummies, just wondering is it ok to eat salsa?? I had carls junior burger and fries with lots of salsa for lunch. And now im worried!

Am 33 this year. I went for my oscar on thu. Mine is done by the sonagrapher. I ask her how was it but she mention need to confirm tgt with the blood test then can be accurate. Hmm. Overall she just show me the brain, nose, hands, legs, the neck and let me hear the heart beat. Cross fingers everything will be gd.

Am 33 this year. I went for my oscar on thu. Mine is done by the sonagrapher. I ask her how was it but she mention need to confirm tgt with the blood test then can be accurate. Hmm. Overall she just show me the brain, nose, hands, legs, the neck and let me hear the heart beat. Cross fingers everything will be gd.
My sonagrapher told me not to worry too much If the ultrasound looks good. I am sure your blood test will be fine! I now need to wait for my pre eclampsia report

I'm 32 this year and just crossed my first trimester. Yesterday went to take the measurements of my baby. Everything was good. did paranoma test yesterday as well. Fingers crossed all is fine. It's so amazing that they can even check if there is a risk of delayed speech and authism! Anyway result will be out in 14 working days only.

I'm 32 this year and just crossed my first trimester. Yesterday went to take the measurements of my baby. Everything was good. did paranoma test yesterday as well. Fingers crossed all is fine. It's so amazing that they can even check if there is a risk of delayed speech and authism! Anyway result will be out in 14 working days only.

U mean panorama test can also check for risk in delayed speech and autism?

I think due to my age (37), I can only feel assured by doing both .. Another kiasu one here ;D
I am 39 n my first...always a bit blurr here n there. My harmony results is not out yet n nx appt with gynae is only on 17th April. So prob will ask gynae again if NT scan is necessary if harmony is cleared.
Waiting time always make me worried... Now like so regret of not having kids early Sighh

U mean panorama test can also check for risk in delayed speech and autism?

️Yap. :) it can. I didn't know that too. But I had to pay an additional 300 bucks on top of the normal $1550 for the paranoma test to check for autism and delayed speech. The nurse took 5 tubes of my blood and from the same blood, they will test for all these.

️Yap. :) it can. I didn't know that too. But I had to pay an additional 300 bucks on top of the normal $1550 for the paranoma test to check for autism and delayed speech. The nurse took 5 tubes of my blood and from the same blood, they will test for all these.

I think since the blood is already drawn , might as well :) I'll check with my gyne too when i do my panorama test ;) thanks for the info :)

Hi can I ask how long do we need to take folic acid until? Already in 11 weeks plus and thinking if shd switch to the multi vit and fish oil. Gynae din mention as my last appt was 9 weeks and the next time I see him should be in week 14.

Hello mummies!

May I join this group please?
EDD 5th October.
I am currently near 12weeks! Seeing Dr. John Tee at Amk Clinic.
Anyone seeing him too? :)

Hi can I ask how long do we need to take folic acid until? Already in 11 weeks plus and thinking if shd switch to the multi vit and fish oil. Gynae din mention as my last appt was 9 weeks and the next time I see him should be in week 14.
My gynae stop my folic at 12 weeks. Started me on calcium and fish oil now

After 3 wks of MCs, back to wk today, and as i started more walking. Spotting is back again :( Anyone still spotting at 9 wks?

hi ladies,

for 1st time mummies who is working full time, just wondering if anyone knows the entitlement for child care leave in year 2015 given babies born in Oct/Nov/Dec?

If entitled, how is that taken with the maternity leave?

TIA!

hi ladies,

for 1st time mummies who is working full time, just wondering if anyone knows the entitlement for child care leave in year 2015 given babies born in Oct/Nov/Dec?

TIA!

It's best to check with ur HR.
By right, the CCL should start next year since u are still on ML.

Thanks Zaclin!

i have not passed my 1st tri, thus am anxious to know if anybody has checked with their HR or had such experience.

Will ask HR in a couple weeks time!

hi ladies,

TIA!
I believe if you deliver this year the entitlement starts the following year.
That is what my HR has advised

Hi Zaclin29

Thanks for adding me on fb but sorry to say I have some issue with my password so I am not able to check notification on my email

Can you please add me on my new email address on fb

[email protected]

Thanks

hello fellow mummies, I just had the following today:

breakfast - half a bowl of pork porridge w one cup milo kosong

morning tea - 3 pces saltine cracker

lunch - fish soup with half portion of white rice and a cup of avocado juice

afternoon tea - 5 almonds and a filet o fish burger (too hungry n can't resist!)

dinner - zi char dinner and an apple

is that too much?!?!

gynae did warn that when appetite get better we will get hungry more often. but that doesn't mean we shld eat a lot more...

I realised that in the midst of feeling hungry, it's really hard to control. the best I can do is only try to choose healthier options, but the filet n zi char still comes in =x

Morning: 3 slices of white bread with strawberry jam + 3in1 milk
Lunch : nasi padang + 100plus + 2 slices of honey dew
Dinner : chicken chop + fish soup

Im very very full now. Hahahahaha..... Feeling guilty.

Wah you both are super healthy :)

My appetite is so terrible that I struggle to take in any food.

Breakfast : 2 prata and milk
Pre lunch : jemput jemput (banana fritters)
Lunch ; rice + chicken + barley

Dinner ; half a kebab and milk....

Back